Link to the Heavens Released [Archive] - Armageddon Games Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Heavens Released

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Pineconn
12-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Link to the Heavens
by Pineconn

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_1-1.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_3.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_4.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_5.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_6.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_7.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_8.png

Download: [Click Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=341)]

You can find all of the necessary quest information, including the download link, in the QDB submission link above.

Quest file updated: 9/15/09

Description:

This quest is, in my opinion, 2 complete overworlds and 9 full dungeons of pure Zelda. Taking 2 and a half years to construct this quest, expect to have at least 15 hours of solid gameplay. The difficulty is not over-the-top, yet you'll encounter many interesting puzzles, many of which are totally new to Zelda. This quest includes almost every item; you'll find two in each of the quest's eight main dungeons and one in each mini-dungeon. You'll encounter Zelda's typical overworld areas, including a forest, lake, mountain, swamp, snowy mountain, and more. You can also amass a full 16-heart life gauge and a full 8-unit magic meter.

Note: I strongly suggest that you do not use a 2.5 beta to play this quest, as you will encounter a compatibility bug.

Regardless, I hope that you truly enjoy Link to the Heavens and that you have a load of fun.

Storyline:

The quest starts out in Narajo Town, Link's home village. He vows to destroy the source that is uprooting parts of Hyrule, causing mountains to rise and magma to flow to the surface. Before his adventure will unfold, he needs something to fend himself off with. His mother gives him his ancestor's shield and some Rupees to start. He steps out his house keeping in mind that he needs to seek out the Triforce, and this is where the story begins...

If you need any help at all, post it here. I'll help you through my quest as much as possible. Of course, I also ask that you post any bugs that you have found or any comments that you have. :)

Russ
12-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh my gosh! Finally! It's released! I'm at a loss for words. Hurray!

Edit: Wouldn't you know it. I can't play it. As you know, I have Windows Vista, so 2.10 won't work on my computer. So I used build 254. But there is a bug in it preventing you from throwing the boomerand southeast. And in level 2, there is a room that requires you to throw the boomerang southeast. Dang. Hopefully I'll find a workaround. Hopefully.

ms_zelda_lady
12-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks Pineconn for this quest. I've managed to do most of Chodina Swamp but I can't figure out where the bow is. I got the arrow, map and compass. Even found the boss door. But no bow. Been walking around in circles for the last little while that now I'm very dizzy :googly: lol
BTW the overworld is gorgeous and the only thing I haven't found yet is a shop that sells a shield.

Any help would be much appreciated.
ms_zelda_lady

Joe123
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Oooh, I really want to play this but I have a quest to make by friday. I shall have to put it on my to-do list!
The demo was very nice.

Gleeok
12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh my gosh! Finally! It's released! I'm at a loss for words. Hurray!

Edit: Wouldn't you know it. I can't play it. As you know, I have Windows Vista, so 2.10 won't work on my computer. So I used build 254. But there is a bug in it preventing you from throwing the boomerand southeast. And in level 2, there is a room that requires you to throw the boomerang southeast. Dang. Hopefully I'll find a workaround. Hopefully.

Use a newer build!!! ..I'll be playing this in 675. ;)

..on the offchance of some other strange bug, 584 is next on thine list.

Din
12-10-2007, 03:32 PM
God, I thought this would never be finished. AWESOME!!!!

elise
12-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks Pineconn for this quest. I've managed to do most of Chodina Swamp but I can't figure out where the bow is. I got the arrow, map and compass. Even found the boss door. But no bow. Been walking around in circles for the last little while that now I'm very dizzy :googly: lol
BTW the overworld is gorgeous and the only thing I haven't found yet is a shop that sells a shield.

Any help would be much appreciated.
ms_zelda_ladyTthe bow is on the left top ;)

ms_zelda_lady
12-10-2007, 04:35 PM
That's one of a few rooms I can't seem to get to. The room underneath it has a crystal that I thought I needed the bow to change it and I tried bombing the room to the right of it and that didn't to work either. Is there a warp I missed or a boomerang I haven't gotten that would get me to that top left room?
Thanks in advance,
ms-zelda_lady

Pineconn
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Is there a warp I missed or a boomerang I haven't gotten that would get me to that top left room

That would do it. ;)

Unfortunately, you have to take a trip all the way back to Southern Hyrule Field. Right in the center of the accessible part of the Field is a cave; bomb the cracks to reveal the entrance. You'll find the 'rang after a few screens.

The reason I required the boomerang in Level 1 is that if I had required it in Level 2, you'd hate me even more. Level 2 is a heck of a lot farther away from this cave than Level 1 is.

Now you know that the yellow crystal switches are triggered by the boomerang, at least. The arrow will trigger another type of object or statue.

Thanks everyone for your comments in such a short time!

Russ
12-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Use a newer build!!! ..I'll be playing this in 675. ;)

..on the offchance of some other strange bug, 584 is next on thine list.
Okay. I've been trying to avoid any beta besides 254 to play this quest, but I guess I don't have any other option.

There is one thing that concerns me Pineconn. I think this quest might be too easy for me. Not because it is poorly made, but becuase of this: I have remade you other quest. I have opened the file and copied it screen by screen. I know how your puzzles work, I know how you make the level design. So chances are I am going to breeze through this (get it? Breeze, heavens. Another bad pun).

One thing that I have noticed though is the overworlds of both your quests have more than meats the eye. End of Time had an underworld hidden beneath the surface. And know this one has sky travel. Will your next quest feature something like this?

Pineconn
12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Beats me if I'll have another underworld/sky travel element integrated into my next quest. I'll start thinking about one, though.

And trust me when I say that the quest will get more difficult. ;) A lot of the difficulty in the last few dungeons of the game is due to... nah, I'll let you figure that on your own. Wahaha.

I'll just say that the last 2 dungeons are... pretty long.

EDIT: Yeah, Level 7 is long, Level 8 is meh, and Level 9 is more than decent.

Russ
12-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I'll just say that the last 2 dungeons are... pretty long.

Longer than Catycalism Crater? Gosh I loved that level. It took me months to beat it. I played it so much my brother memorized the backround music for it.

Pineconn
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Ohhhhhhh yes, many screens longer than Cataclysm Crater.

ms_zelda_lady
12-10-2007, 05:29 PM
:giggle: Thanks Pineconn for all the help. As usual I missed something important. I had already found the cave before finding level 1 but didn't go far enough in to get the boomerang. When I saw the enemy that we need to use the bow to kill it, I left thinking I needed only to come back later....... lol :banghead: and obviously I didn't explore it enough.
Now I'm off to do some cave exploring.
ms_zelda_lady

elise
12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I am in level 2 really have a nice time playing but can't find the bracelet and think I need that one to get on ........I have the whistle .......think my pink knob doesn't work yet ;)

Russ
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Ohhhhhhh yes, many screens longer than Cataclysm Crater.
Perfect.

:giggle: Thanks Pineconn for all the help. As usual I missed something important. I had already found the cave before finding level 1 but didn't go far enough in to get the boomerang. When I saw the enemy that we need to use the bow to kill it, I left thinking I needed only to come back later....... lol :banghead: and obviously I didn't explore it enough.
Now I'm off to do some cave exploring.
ms_zelda_lady
I made the same mistake in the demo. It took me half a year to figure it out.

I am in level 2 really have a nice time playing but can't find the bracelet and think I need that one to get on ........I have the whistle .......think my pink knob doesn't work yet ;)
There are a ton of bombable walls. But the cracks are very faint. They are just a lighter shade of the wall's color. But look at every wall and eventually you will find it.

Pineconn
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
As you can see, Level 2 is broken diagonally into 2 halves. The bracelet is in the top-left-most screen in the right half (screen 16). You can access this portion of the dungeon by going from the entrance up, up, (in this room, you can bomb up for a key) left, down, stairs, then down again. Kill the enemies to make another staircase to appear and take it. Go through the locked door and you'll be on your way to the bracelet.

elise
12-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys have it I already know where I went wrong I started to think and when I start to think things go wrong ;)

annnot
12-10-2007, 08:45 PM
My head isn't working. I can't find level 2.

elise
12-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Annot it's in the mountains the 5th screen in the openings post ;)

annnot
12-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks. I have been looking in the mountains put can't seem to find it.

elise
12-10-2007, 09:12 PM
you have to bomb a wall between two bushes ;)

Russ
12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Pineconn, could you do me a huge favor? Whenever I try to copy my save file to another version of ZC, it doesn't work. So I am stuck with 254 and it's diagonal southeast boomerang throwing bug. Could you change the location of the switch in level two (near the boss door, in the room with spikes) so that throwing the boomerang diagonally isn't required? I would greatly appreciate it if you did. Please? I am going to die if I can't play this quest. :cry:

annnot
12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
thanks

Pineconn
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
^^Also, the mountain tile that you had to bomb was slightly different than all the rest. Sneaky and evil am I! Sort of.

One issue I thought that would arise was the dungeon music. I personally think it is a little too short and repetitive (for virtually every dungeon except Level 9). What do you guys think?

ms_zelda_lady
12-11-2007, 01:14 AM
:unhappy: I can't believe I got almost thru level 2 without anyone's help. But now I'm stuck without a key just as I reach the warp to the Boss Key. By chance is there a key somewhere near there that I just didn't find? I've got both treasures and now the boss is all I'm missing.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

Russ
12-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Okay, I just beat level 2. Now I'm stuck. I got the sword from the palace in the clouds, and I found a few heart peices (and that yellow flower that I want to burn so much) and found an entrance to the woods, but there are skulls blocking the way. Where do I go now?

elise
12-11-2007, 12:17 PM
there are triggers in the woods you need to set so the sculls go away and two entrances to the woods , you are in the right area , level 3 is in the woods ;)

Pineconn
12-11-2007, 04:16 PM
@ ms_zelda_lady: Either you missed the visible key that is in the same section of Level 2 as the bracelet was (on the screen that had the stairs that brought you to this section), or you are missing the key that is only two screens above the entrance of the dungeon (push the block). Or, you are missing the key from killing the Dodongo in the room directly below the Triforce room... but that key should have been impossible to pass up. I hope. ;)

@ russadwan: Yeah, you need to push the stone that is on the same screen in order to make the skulls disappear. Scan the forest hard for walkways!

BTW, are all of you checking back at your house after every dungeon? Note that Link's mom gives out clues and, every once in a while, minor items.

elise
12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeppe everytime go back to the town , to listen to moms advice
I have the blue suit and the bigger moneybag, did a little of the level 4 but didn't get a key to move on is it in the dungeon or do I have to look outside for it ;)

Pineconn
12-11-2007, 04:48 PM
There is only one key outside of Level 4... directly outside. It was the key that allowed you to access B1 (the main part of the dungeon). Besides that, Level 4 is self-contained.

ms_zelda_lady
12-11-2007, 05:04 PM
It was the visible key I'm missing. I finally finished level 2 and have started on level 3.
Thanks for the help,
ms_zelda_lady

Crackers
12-11-2007, 08:58 PM
When do we get a shield? I'm still in lv1 wasting arrows on the boss. Have died more times than I have hearts for. Just can't seem to get with it. I really liked what you did with lv1. Not hard but makes you think a bit.

elise
12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
you can get it after level 2 or three when you have the bracelet but you wont have it very long .............to many dis like likes around ;)

Russ
12-12-2007, 12:45 AM
@ russadwan: Yeah, you need to push the stone that is on the same screen in order to make the skulls disappear. Scan the forest hard for walkways!

BTW, are all of you checking back at your house after every dungeon? Note that Link's mom gives out clues and, every once in a while, minor items.
No, I didn't check with Link's mom. I am stuck on the entrance rooms to level 3. So I assume she gives the ladder. Or is there something I am missing. All I have been able to do is find the map and compass.

Oh, and did I say how much I love this quest? It's awesome! The clouds are very well done too. I like how the armos enemies look like evil clouds. But it would have been better done with 2.5. You could have made them custom enemies. When 2.5 comes out, you should upgrade it and change them to custom enemies.

And I hate like likes. I bought a big shield. 2 minutes later it was being digested in the stomach of those awful like likes.

And you did a nice job with the wistle warps. A mysterious palace with mulitple rooms that you can only acess with certain items. Very neat. Although somehow I miss the End of Time method, with the eight little cliff sections that you would warp to.

elise
12-12-2007, 09:44 AM
The Ladder and the candle are the level 3 goodies did you think about bombing walls ;)
Pinnecon quick question I found a key in the heavens after Level 4 have is it a bonus one or if I have to sit on it for a special thing , don't want to make a mess of the keys :)
NVM that key question think I just got the answer from the man in the lake ;)

Russ
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Yes, I bombed walls. Lots and lots of walls. I guess I am not paying enough attention. Pineconn, you really like bombable walls don't you?

elise
12-12-2007, 12:42 PM
from the start up you get on a screen with on the right a wall in the middle and a path below and a path above did you bomb that wall .........it takes you to the maze

ms_zelda_lady
12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm in that darn maze and getting dizzy trying to figure it out. :confuse2: It must be that maze in the maze that I heard about. Please any clues appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

elise
12-12-2007, 02:16 PM
you have the maze path the only trick is to enter the maze through the right door and think about where you go to the right and up so you can follow the maze path ;)
I send you a pm

Pineconn
12-12-2007, 05:31 PM
You can click [here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv3_maze.png)] if you need the answer to the Level 3 maze puzzle. I'm not the kind of person that gives out visual answers on a daily basis, though.

@ Crackers: Yeah, the magic shield is obtainable after Level 2.

@ russadwan: If you hadn't gotten to the maze in Level 3 yet, you must have missed the bomb wall on the right side of the room two up from the entrance. Didn't you say that you'd be able to breeze right through my quest? LttH's puzzles only get more cunning toward the end.

Wow elise, you're tearing up my quest! You're already in the lake!

elise
12-12-2007, 06:58 PM
@ Pinnecon I am in the middle of level 6 have the hamer and the big wallet from ........you know where
hey it's your fault I am here you made a good quest to play !!!!!!

ms_zelda_lady
12-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm still stuck in level 3 but at least I've gotten thru the maze. I'm now trying to figure out what to do with the 3 left blocks and the down block because I can't seem to get thru the log. What am I supposed to do?
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

Pineconn
12-12-2007, 08:53 PM
You gave to go through the log. ;) Look at where the log exits the screen.

Crackers
12-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I haven't found the boss key yet. There is one room that has a chest surrounded by two blocks. There is a star in front of the chest. I have the glove and killed all the enemies but the blocks won't move. Is this the boss key and how do I move the blocks?

Pineconn
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Go to the right one screen, use a key on the lock block, and take the warp. If you're missing a key, the possible locations are in post #29.

Russ
12-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Yay, I beat level three. I just wanted to say that I got the big wallet without getting the lens of truth. You know, the wallet from the cave filled with invisible enemies. I even killed the invisible dodongo by walking around untill I got hurt and then dropping a bomb. Just wanted to say that. And by the way, how did you make the enemies completly invisible? Normally you can still see an outline.

ms_zelda_lady
12-13-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm still in level 3 looking for the Boss Key. Got both the ladder and the candle and have gone back looking for areas where the trees were in the way but it seems I'm still missing a key. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

Russ
12-13-2007, 11:20 AM
There is a room that is about half the size of a normal room, and is filled with red darknuts and a like like. If you go left, you go inside to that room with where you have to shoot the arrow past the blue darknuts and into the statue. If you go up from the first room (with the red darknuts and the like like) you will be in a room where you can burn a bush to get a key. And I suggest you have a bomb with you when you face the boss.

ms_zelda_lady
12-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks russadwan for the help. I'll make sure I have bombs.

ms_zelda_lady

Russ
12-13-2007, 12:05 PM
I just wanted to say, I got the blue ring without the lens of truth! Invisible enemies are no match for me! Pineconn, if you wanted to make sure the player had the lens of truth, why didn't you just use the spike floor with the hidden path like in End of Time. That way it is nearly impossible without the lens. With invisible enemies, all you have to do is slash like crazy (or shoot arrows like crazy when it come to Ghomas).

ms_zelda_lady
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Where's the ring russadwan? I've gotten the blue moneybag killing the invisible enemies so hopefully I can get the blue ring too. I so could use it.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

Pineconn
12-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Yay, I beat level three. I just wanted to say that I got the big wallet without getting the lens of truth. You know, the wallet from the cave filled with invisible enemies. I even killed the invisible dodongo by walking around untill I got hurt and then dropping a bomb. Just wanted to say that. And by the way, how did you make the enemies completly invisible? Normally you can still see an outline.

&

I just wanted to say, I got the blue ring without the lens of truth! Invisible enemies are no match for me! Pineconn, if you wanted to make sure the player had the lens of truth, why didn't you just use the spike floor with the hidden path like in End of Time. That way it is nearly impossible without the lens. With invisible enemies, all you have to do is slash like crazy (or shoot arrows like crazy when it come to Ghomas).

Number one, the Lens of Truth doesn't reveal invisible enemies, the Cross (amulet) does. Number two, you are not supposed to need the Cross to get the 500-Rupee wallet and Blue Tunic, thank you very much. A lot of thought has gone into virtually every facet of the game.

Where's the ring russadwan? I've gotten the blue moneybag killing the invisible enemies so hopefully I can get the blue ring too. I so could use it.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

You can get the Blue Tunic before Level 4. It is in a separate cave in Level 4's overworld area.

Russ
12-14-2007, 12:43 AM
If the lens doesn't reveal invisible enmies, why was the lens symbol in the room with the Ghomas? And how did you make the enemies completly invisible, instead of having them have an outline?

And on a side note, I hate having to play this on buggy alpha builds. So many bugs. Like in the blue ring cave, Link walks through a door and randomly appears inside a wall. And now the key in level 4 won't open the first door. Why can't I enjoy one quest without worrying about bugs nowadays?

elise
12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Pineconn you are pure evil the things you make us go through before we even can start level 7 ........walked around hours keyless in rounds in level 7 :googly:
Yeah I know I got a hint but thought that one can probably wait a little ...................mistake me thinking again :laughing:
Have the lense and the key so hope my walking around in circles is over now ;)

Pineconn
12-15-2007, 12:19 AM
If the lens doesn't reveal invisible enmies, why was the lens symbol in the room with the Ghomas? And how did you make the enemies completly invisible, instead of having them have an outline?

I did not use the Lens symbol (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lens.png). I used the Cross symbol (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/cross.png). Even so, the Cross was not required in these two instances like it is later on in the quest. And what do you mean? The enemies in these two caves do have an outline. It must be a 2.5 thing that you are experiencing.

And on a side note, I hate having to play this on buggy alpha builds. So many bugs. Like in the blue ring cave, Link walks through a door and randomly appears inside a wall. And now the key in level 4 won't open the first door. Why can't I enjoy one quest without worrying about bugs nowadays?

Because you're using the wrong version... plain and simple. You should encounter about zero bugs using 2.10.

Pineconn you are pure evil the things you make us go through before we even can start level 7 ........walked around hours keyless in rounds in level 7 :googly:
Yeah I know I got a hint but thought that one can probably wait a little ...................mistake me thinking again :laughing:
Have the lense and the key so hope my walking around in circles is over now ;)

Me? Evil in this quest? Impossible. :evil:

But really, I thought I made it quite clear in the very first room of Level 7 what you needed. ;) Oh, and yeah, you literally can walk in circles in Level 7.

bobrocks95
12-15-2007, 12:27 AM
How are you all getting this far? I'm 30 minutes in and I'm still sitting in the town without a sword.

Pineconn
12-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Did you talk to the lady in the NE house? She says that you need to get a "sord" (sword, duh) from a man in the blue house. Well, how can you get into that house? ;)

bobrocks95
12-15-2007, 12:39 AM
Those darn vines. Thought they just led to that first house's chimney!

Pineconn
12-15-2007, 12:41 AM
:D

That's trick number one of... very many.

bobrocks95
12-15-2007, 11:14 AM
What's that little button combination you can press to bring up that menu again?

Russ
12-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I did not use the Lens symbol (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lens.png). I used the Cross symbol (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/cross.png). Even so, the Cross was not required in these two instances like it is later on in the quest. And what do you mean? The enemies in these two caves do have an outline. It must be a 2.5 thing that you are experiencing.

Because you're using the wrong version... plain and simple. You should encounter about zero bugs using 2.10.

I hate not being able to use 2.10. So many 2.5 bugs. And by the way, I need help. In level 4, I have to magic boomerand, but I am missing a key. I think I have two, but there is a spot where there are three locked doors in a row. Where should I look to find the third key?

And just out of curiosity, what does that strange symbol in you sig mean?

mcrawford
12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
I am in Lv5 going around in circles. I have gotten the gafhook. Where do I go from here? I would also like to know where to get the lens of truth. I have gotten the larger bag and the blue ring without any problems. I really need some help in Lv5. :uhoh:

Gleeok
12-15-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm so glad that's fixed. If you can see the outline then they aren't too invisible, are they.

If there's a glaring incompatability bug such as getting stuck in walls, you should probably take some snapshots and post a thread. That's how these things get fixed you know. ;) 2.5 should be compatable with 2.10 you know.

As for me, I've been aimlessly wandering about this quest. Got to lv.1. Won't have time this month to really play it, but really good job with it so far Pineconn. The difficulty picks up by lv 3 or so though, right?

bobrocks95
12-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Can you get any gear like the lvl. 2 sword or the blue ring before the fourth (4) dungeon?

EDIT: Or the bigger moneybag?

EDIT2: Just got the sword from the overcast heavens. Again, can the blue ring or the bigger moneybag be found before dungeon 4, and where(generally, as in, what area(town, snowy area, etc.))?

EDIT3: Now know where the blue ring is, still not sure about the larger moneybag. Of course, I may be stuck in that blue ring cave for a long time...

EDIT4: Lol, where's that key to get into the basement of dungeon 4?

Crackers
12-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Is there anywhere to buy a key? I can't beat the disappearing tiles in lv3 to get to the chest. Have died so many times I'm ready to give up. Is there a trick to this or something? Even tried to boomer the globe without luck. Also in the cave left of lv4 you get stuck in the wall next to the large chest after you beat all the fire balls coming at you from the wall. When you go through the doorway you end up in the wall. Anyone else have this problem?

bobrocks95
12-15-2007, 09:24 PM
What version are you using?

DARN IT!!!! WHERE IS THAT KEY!!!!! I FOUND THE BLUE RING AND THE UPGRADED MONEYBAG, BUT NOW I CAN'T GET IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!

sctmorgan
12-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm wandering around in level 7 I have found 4 keys but have used them can you tell me where the wand is? Also, can you buy keys in this quest?

bobrocks95
12-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Can anyone help me? I see in an earlier post that the key is right outside the fourth dungeon, but I don't see it....

EDIT: I found it. Stupid wall....

Russ
12-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Also in the cave left of lv4 you get stuck in the wall next to the large chest after you beat all the fire balls coming at you from the wall. When you go through the doorway you end up in the wall. Anyone else have this problem?
I am having this problem. I bet you are using a 2.5 alpha build. Am I right? If that is the case, I can send you a version that fixes some of the bugs encountered in 2.5.

Pineconn
12-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Okay, I'll try to respond to everyone.

And just out of curiosity, what does that strange symbol in you sig mean?

"P I N E C O N N" (in Twilight Princess language). Did you manage to get through Level 4?

I am in Lv5 going around in circles. I have gotten the gafhook. Where do I go from here? I would also like to know where to get the lens of truth. I have gotten the larger bag and the blue ring without any problems. I really need some help in Lv5. :uhoh:

Try checking outside of Level 5 and to the left a few screens. ;)

As for me, I've been aimlessly wandering about this quest. Got to lv.1. Won't have time this month to really play it, but really good job with it so far Pineconn. The difficulty picks up by lv 3 or so though, right?

Yessir! It gets a bit more cunning as well. I love that part, the part about the "bit more cunning."

Is there anywhere to buy a key? I can't beat the disappearing tiles in lv3 to get to the chest. Have died so many times I'm ready to give up. Is there a trick to this or something? Even tried to boomer the globe without luck. Also in the cave left of lv4 you get stuck in the wall next to the large chest after you beat all the fire balls coming at you from the wall. When you go through the doorway you end up in the wall. Anyone else have this problem?

There is no way to buy a key, unfortunately. I'll send you a PM about this, though. There is no trick, you just have to be precise, then use the Ladder to get to the chest. I made it on purpose so that you cannot trigger that crystal at all by cheating (like bombing yourself across the pit). This room is 99.9% cheat-proof.

Actually, I'm relatively glad that you get stuck in the cave in the Snowy Plateau by using certain betas of 2.5. Use 2.10!!! Russadwan, do not send out any more unadvised edited versions of my quest if Crackers is using 2.5. It's nothing personal to either of you, but if people cannot follow the simplest rule of ZC (i.e., use the correct version), they do not deserve the Blue Tunic. Maybe I'll make it so that you can't get the Red Tunic, either.

patrickab7
12-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Great quest...I'll try to phrase this question so that it doesn't totally give it away: Is the lens in Level 7? I've been exploring L7 for a while...seen pretty much every room in B1 and a few in B2. Every dead end seems to be a spot where I need either the lens or the second glove.

Russ
12-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Okay, I'll try to respond to everyone.

"P I N E C O N N" (in Twilight Princess language). Did you manage to get through Level 4?

Actually, I'm relatively glad that you get stuck in the cave in the Snowy Plateau by using certain betas of 2.5. Use 2.10!!! Russadwan, do not send out any more unadvised edited versions of my quest if Crackers is using 2.5. It's nothing personal to either of you, but if people cannot follow the simplest rule of ZC (i.e., use the correct version), they do not deserve the Blue Tunic. Maybe I'll make it so that you can't get the Red Tunic, either.
Okay, I waon't send out the edited version. And just so you know, I can't use 2.10. I want to, but I can't. It doesn't work on Windows Vista. Sometimes 2.11 is the only option.

And no, I still can't find the missing key in level 4.

Pineconn
12-16-2007, 12:54 AM
You can send it to Crackers, but I'll draw the line there. Thanks for understanding.

Possible Level 4 key locations that you are missing:

Did you cut the curtains in 17? Did you bomb the eastern wall in 25? Did you bomb the northern wall in the screen below 25? Did you avoid the Red Bubble in 36?

BTW, the first room in B1 is 03, going south would take you to 13.

Russ
12-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Okay. Time to start key searching.

Edit: I am missing the key in the room to the left of 36. How do I get to room 36? And just on a side note, is all of the music in the quest custom? I recognize nothing except for the field (very good editing of OoT field) and the swamp (edit of MM swamp).

bobrocks95
12-16-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm stuck before lvl. 5, the one on the lake. Where's zora's cave? When I touch that weird keyhole thing does it automatically use whatever keys I have?

Pineconn
12-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Did you talk to Link's mom about using the raft and the raft junctions? That would allow you to navigate the Lake a little more, allowing you to travel to a giant fish. Mmm, sushi.

And yes, that weird keyhole thing will automatically use one of your keys.

patrickab7
12-16-2007, 01:21 AM
One thing to mention...I've found a few small tombstones in the graveyeard that I can push, but there's nothing underneath...is this a bug? (I'm using 2.10.2.)

Pineconn
12-16-2007, 01:29 AM
Nope. Just a red herring.

patrickab7
12-16-2007, 01:37 AM
So are the lens and second glove both in L7 or should I be looking elsewhere for one of those items?

Pineconn
12-16-2007, 01:39 AM
The Lens of Truth should be acquired before you enter Level 7. The L2 Bracelet and another item are in Level 7.

patrickab7
12-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Can you give me a hint about the location of the lens? I feel like I've looked everywhere...

bobrocks95
12-16-2007, 11:54 AM
God, I have to go through that training ground? That's insane, I got to the second-to-last room and died, using a large health potion!

sctmorgan
12-16-2007, 11:59 AM
I see the 2nd power bracklet in the left side of the dungeon but can you give me a hint on the magic wand?

Also, do I have to have the bracelet before the magic want?

bobrocks95
12-16-2007, 12:26 PM
That keyhole thing won't take my key! Am I supposed to just go in, because I know I used one key on the first door in that dungeon.

Darn it! Now I'm stuck on that block puzzle in dungeon 5!

Okay, got past that puzzle... But now where do I go? One way in that room after the puzzle leads to a staircase I can't get to, another leads to the map, and the last one puts me back at the start of the floor. Where do I go now?

BTW, I used one key on the weird keyhole, one on the first door inside the dungeon, another on those blocks, and one on some other door(not the one on the right of the locked down room with the darknuts in it).

sweetgranny89
12-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Please someone help, I cannot kill the boss in level 1 (crab) have died 50 times.

Have potion, bombs, super bomb, bow & arrow, boomerang.

Love the quest anxious to get past here.

I am playing in right version 2.10 thanks

bobrocks95
12-16-2007, 02:08 PM
You simply need to shoot an arrow at its eye when it is open.

Pineconn, I see you're browsing. Did I screw up with the keys?

Pineconn
12-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Can you give me a hint about the location of the lens? I feel like I've looked everywhere...

The Lens of Truth is in the cave in the top-right screen of the Graveyard. You have to go through a small mini-dungeon to get it.

I see the 2nd power bracklet in the left side of the dungeon but can you give me a hint on the magic wand?

What do you mean that you see the 2nd Power Bracelet in the left side of the dungeon? The Wand is in the room left of the NE-most room in the 2nd basement of Level 7.

Also, do I have to have the bracelet before the magic want?

Yes, absolutely. You shouldn't be able to get anywhere near the 2nd Bracelet without the Wand.

That keyhole thing won't take my key! Am I supposed to just go in, because I know I used one key on the first door in that dungeon.

After you've used a key on the keyhole outside of Level 5, you're done with it.

One way in that room after the puzzle leads to a staircase I can't get to [...]

Did you kill all of the Wallmasters within that room? I assume you're talking about the room with the traps and the pool of water on the right side.

Pineconn, I see you're browsing. Did I screw up with the keys?

Nope. I'm pretty darn sure that's impossible to do in my quest.

bobrocks95
12-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Yes, I'm talking about the room to the right with the pool of water. Is that where I'm supposed to go? Oh, and I killed the wallmasters, so I know that there's a staircase there.

EDIT: LOL, I didn't think that that arrow thing would move more then one space. It's always such tiny things I miss...

sweetgranny89
12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi again

thanks for the reply, I know how to kill the crab in level 1, I just can't seem to accomplish it, I hve three hearts and the fireballs kill me before I get past two hits on crab,

bobrocks95
12-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Not sure how to help you there...

???? I thought the blocks in that one room were a clue to the room with the movable lanterns...

sctmorgan
12-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Pineconn, thanks for the hint. I can't get to the wand because I only have 2 keys. I read the hint that "the wizzrobe that spawns bats has the key" but I can't get to the left-top room in B3 in the middle section. Can you provide assistance with access to this room?

bobrocks95
12-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You put Tingle in this game!!!!!!!!

How am I supposed to get past the curse thing?

patrickab7
12-16-2007, 08:33 PM
OK, thanks...I mistakenly thought the prompt called that "Level 8" so I didn't go too far into the cave...

bobrocks95
12-16-2007, 08:41 PM
lol, that's where the windmill leads to?

BladeLevich
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I feel like an idiot, Im still stuck in the temple in the swamp, how many keys are there? I got 3 but now I need another

Gleeok
12-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Inquiry! Hypothetically speaking of coarse, could one complete the game without needing to trigger any "sword 2, or sword 3" flags? Howabout the minimum heart requirement needed for obtaining said swords? Three, would it be set to? No real reason ;).
Also I asked russadwan for that one fix, well, because i'd rather take my chances as it's important to beta test these builds for 2.10 compatability issues. Unless one wouldn't want 2.5 to be bugfree.

BladeLevich
12-16-2007, 10:07 PM
lol so I need to get a better sword? lol thanks... I think lol

Gleeok
12-16-2007, 10:18 PM
lol so I need to get a better sword? lol thanks... I think lol

huh? No,no, no. I was simply inquiring Pineconn as to the secret flag setup he used for lineararity. I think you just need to bomb the wall with the "crack" in it.

BladeLevich
12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
huh? No,no, no. I was simply inquiring Pineconn as to the secret flag setup he used for lineararity. I think you just need to bomb the wall with the "crack" in it.

So back to the swamp lol

BladeLevich
12-16-2007, 10:27 PM
okay so Im back in the temple at the swamp, but I don't see a crack lol Is this the first dungeon?

BladeLevich
12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
OMG I found it thats a lot!

mcrawford
12-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I am still in Lv5. I got to the 3rd interance and had 1 key, I got through that door only to find that I need yet another key. Where can I find another one? I have gone through every room and cannot find one. Help Please.

Darth Cid
12-17-2007, 01:35 AM
I had a problem with the intro giving me an error, but after I made it past that, it's been playin' solid for me. I absolutely love this game, you were bored to design games Pineconn. I am totally absorbed into this gameplay and story.

This is the kind of stuff Nintendo should be publishing, I'm tired of the easy dungeon puzzles they been putting out with The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. This game is positively brillant and brings back the days when playing Zelda games meant using your mind and having quick hands to fight off enemies.

5 out of 5 for me.

patrickab7
12-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Ugh...still figuring out Level 7. I'm one key away from getting the Titan's Mitt, but every other avenue seems to require the Mitt. Any idea what I might be missing?

Dan Furst
12-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi everybody,

I hope you are all enjoying this quest. It has a lot of "neat" things in it for a quest made entirely in 2.10 - hopefully many things you've never seen before. Also, I hope you are enjoying the newly arranged music in the different overworld areas and dungeons.

Oh, and about Tingle, you might be able to do something in that room to actively express your disdain for him. ;)

Dan

(If you didn't know, I'm Pineconn's older, smarter, and uglier brother. I've been watching him make this game for 30 months, and I'm glad to see it finally released.)

dagon
12-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Fantastic game and what i'm wondering is if i am able to get the red armor before level 7?

BladeLevich
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
it is a really great game

patrickab7
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
I THINK I know where the key is that I need...it's one room right and one room up from the Mitt location, but I don't know how to reach it. I backtracked along the path to that chest and the lens shows that I can make a ladder appear, but I don't see any way to trigger it except for the star tile on the upper ledge...

elise
12-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Think we all have the same problem in level 7 , I found a walkable or bomb wall in the room with the block puzzle ( The one where you have to make a path with the blocks and put them on triggers ) but can't get through

Pineconn
12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Okay, the first thing I'm going to do is type out a list of the locations of all the keys in Level 7.

-=SPOILER=-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/dngn_ex.gif

For example, the red room would be 14 and the green room would be 75.

However, actually getting to all of these rooms is your responsibility!

Unless you ask me.

Pineconn
12-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Next, I shall double post. Sue me. :tongue:

Hi again

thanks for the reply, I know how to kill the crab in level 1, I just can't seem to accomplish it, I hve three hearts and the fireballs kill me before I get past two hits on crab,

You have to shoot the eyeball three times. ;) If you can simply not accomplish this, contact me via PM.

Pineconn, thanks for the hint. I can't get to the wand because I only have 2 keys. I read the hint that "the wizzrobe that spawns bats has the key" but I can't get to the left-top room in B3 in the middle section. Can you provide assistance with access to this room?

Hopefully the key locations list has helped you. If not, please tell me.

Inquiry! Hypothetically speaking of coarse, could one complete the game without needing to trigger any "sword 2, or sword 3" flags? Howabout the minimum heart requirement needed for obtaining said swords? Three, would it be set to? No real reason . ;)
Also I asked russadwan for that one fix, well, because i'd rather take my chances as it's important to beta test these builds for 2.10 compatability issues. Unless one wouldn't want 2.5 to be bugfree.

No, you never need to get a sword upgrade, and there are no minimum heart requirements for the swords, either. ;) And okay, go ahead and test out 2.5 with my quest; that's a good idea. But I'll draw the line there!

Ugh...still figuring out Level 7. I'm one key away from getting the Titan's Mitt, but every other avenue seems to require the Mitt. Any idea what I might be missing?

Again, hopefully my previous post helped you. If not, post that you still need help.

uglier

:D

Fantastic game and what i'm wondering is if i am able to get the red armor before level 7?

Unfortunately, no. It is obtainable before Level 8, however.

I THINK I know where the key is that I need...it's one room right and one room up from the Mitt location, but I don't know how to reach it. I backtracked along the path to that chest and the lens shows that I can make a ladder appear, but I don't see any way to trigger it except for the star tile on the upper ledge...

At the risk of sounding redundant... nope. Use the key list. :p

Think we all have the same problem in level 7 , I found a walkable or bomb wall in the room with the block puzzle ( The one where you have to make a path with the blocks and put them on triggers ) but can't get through

The door is to the north of the room, right? Don't worry about it... unless you want ten Rupees. In which case, go ahead and try to get to get through the door. ;)

Gleeok
12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
<Sweet. There shouldn't be more than one or so minor problems. I'm at lv2 now, and I've got to play catch up I guess. Should be fun though this way. Hope there's no 40 headed fire Gleeok in lv9 though. Hah! That'd suck.>

<edit: aww, it didn't work>

patrickab7
12-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Thanks, I'm pretty sure I know where to get the key I'm missing now.

elise
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Have the key I missed got the map the wand and the glove ..........the only thing that keep me for walking out that darn level is the bosskey and the boss but am sure I will find them this evening and then I never ever return to that darn level 7 :D:D:D

Good work pineconn you really had me there ;)

Pineconn
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
<Sweet. There shouldn't be more than one or so minor problems. I'm at lv2 now, and I've got to play catch up I guess. Should be fun though this way. Hope there's no 40 headed fire Gleeok in lv9 though. Hah! That'd suck.>

<edit: aww, it didn't work>

Nah, <this doesn't work> because the ZC Site Dev forum is the only forum with HTML code turned on. ;) And no, you won't have to face anything more difficult than an 8-headed [Fire? (I forget)] Gleeok.

Have the key I missed got the map the wand and the glove ..........the only thing that keep me for walking out that darn level is the bosskey and the boss but am sure I will find them this evening and then I never ever return to that darn level 7 :D:D:D

Good work pineconn you really had me there ;)

Luckily, you are almost finished with Level 7! ...However, even the dungeon boss is a bit tricky thanks to direct warps. ;) Wahaha.

You'll be glad to know that Level 8 isn't nearly as tedious as Level 7. It's much more accessible and, at times, linear. But it'll still throw a few tricks at your face. I'm making a bet right now that someone will need help in room 56 of F3.

Russ
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Nah, <this doesn't work> because the ZC Site Dev forum is the only forum with HTML code turned on. ;) And no, you won't have to face anything more difficult than an 8-headed [Fire? (I forget)] Gleeok.
8 heads is the most!? End of Time had a 12 head fire Gleeok for the level 8 boss. And now the max is 8. All I have to say is the last boss better be good then. And I am guessing it is good.

Pineconn
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
But you would have had the Master Sword in Level 8 in End of Time. You can't even get the Master Sword in this quest. And I believe that the end boss will satiate your hunger for brutality in the form of difficulty. ;)

zeldatwilight
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
plz help me find the first sword i found the blue house but i cant get in:banghead:

Russ
12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Climb up onto the cliff above the house. Then go through the chimny. Just like Santa! :D

bobrocks95
12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
I talked about needing help with this earlier. Climb up the vines that are behind a house one screen to the left of the blue house.

I'm doing pretty good now, almost to the end of level 6!

Pineconn
12-18-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry, russadwan. I accidentally skipped one of your posts.

Okay. Time to start key searching.

Edit: I am missing the key in the room to the left of 36. How do I get to room 36? And just on a side note, is all of the music in the quest custom? I recognize nothing except for the field (very good editing of OoT field) and the swamp (edit of MM swamp).

From the first room of B1 of Level 4, go down, down, right (bottom door), right, down, down (by stepping on the sun), and right (by hitting the crystal switch with the magic 'rang). It'll be linear from there. The chest in 36 is the key; the chest to the left of this room is the compass.

Yes, most of the music is custom. I created that Hyrule Field MIDI, by the way. (Most of the other overworld music was written by Dan Furst.)

Question! (This applies to people who have at least entered Level 6.)
a) How difficult/easy was the Zora Training Ground?
b) What happened when you met the phantom in Level A?
c) How obvious was it that you needed the Cross to get past that cave in Sparsi Desert?
d) How easy/tricky was it to get through the maze path in the Desert (as in how easy was it to tell that the push blocks in the cave translated to maze path directions)?

Answers to those questions will help me greatly. :)

zeldatwilight
12-18-2007, 11:12 PM
this game is the best zelda classic game i ever played!!!

SoulTexan
12-19-2007, 01:38 AM
Okay, I waon't send out the edited version. And just so you know, I can't use 2.10. I want to, but I can't. It doesn't work on Windows Vista. Sometimes 2.11 is the only option.

And no, I still can't find the missing key in level 4.

I am running 2.10 on Windows Vista. I cannot run the fullscreen but I can run the large windowed one. It automatically changes my color scheme when I run it. I have not had any problems running the program. Getting far in the game is another story :D.

I am still stuck at Lvl 1. You can stop laughing now. I seem to be lacking a key or cannot find the right place to go. I have the bow, boomerang, and arrow but I cannot get to one of the chest (surrounded by blocks) or to the door beyond the blocks in the same room with the locked door to the boss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It has been about 15 years since I played Zelda so I am trying to remember how to do things.

kanaga1959
12-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Ooops I made a mistake. Accidentally used key found in the heavens in dungeon 4. Now cannot access dungeon 5. Couldn't find a way to open the chest on screen 42 on dungeon 4. The chest in the bottom left corner of the screen and has a pair of raft docks that don't allow you to get close. Any clues or what I missed? Thanks in advance.

Dan Furst
12-19-2007, 09:50 AM
SoulTexan: Sorry, I don't remember the exact room you're in, but generally, killing all of the enemies can trigger things, along with pushing blocks and using different weapons on switches, eyes, etc. Also, don't forget about bombing walls.

kanaga1959: I bet there's still a key in level 4 you can get. If you run through the dungeon again, and use the two items you found in there, you'll find it. (As in, there are no extra keys so you pretty much have no choice. :) )

lou
12-19-2007, 10:46 AM
do you need the shield before the spirit palace? I can't go any more with out it and if so where is it?

elise
12-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Lou do you mean the mirrorshield that one you get in level 8 ;)

Pineconn
12-19-2007, 06:51 PM
I am still stuck at Lvl 1. You can stop laughing now. I seem to be lacking a key or cannot find the right place to go. I have the bow, boomerang, and arrow but I cannot get to one of the chest (surrounded by blocks) or to the door beyond the blocks in the same room with the locked door to the boss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It has been about 15 years since I played Zelda so I am trying to remember how to do things.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you are talking about a room in the NE portion of Level 1. You just need to kill all the enemies and the blocks will disappear, like Dan Furst said.

Ooops I made a mistake. Accidentally used key found in the heavens in dungeon 4. Now cannot access dungeon 5. Couldn't find a way to open the chest on screen 42 on dungeon 4. The chest in the bottom left corner of the screen and has a pair of raft docks that don't allow you to get close. Any clues or what I missed? Thanks in advance.

Did you read the read me included in the zip?

Please note that once you've fully entered a main dungeon, all
keys needed within the dungeon will be found WITHIN the dungeon.
Never will you need to go to a completely new or different overworld
area in order to continue through the dungeon.

Slight spoiler warning (next paragraph only):

For example, you need to find 3 keys around the world of Hyrule in
order to fully enter Level 5. However, a player may recklessly leave
Level 4 with the dungeon's items and stumble upon one of these keys
(that is supposed to be used in Level 5) and use it in Level 4. Later
on, since the player has completely missed a key in Level 4, he or she
may not be able to find it since he or she didn't know that it existed.
Avoid this.

Simply put, do not leave a dungeon's overworld area if you are
missing a key for a door or lock block. The key IS in the dungeon.

Well, you did this. I guarantee that the key is inside Level 4. The possible locations of the keys you are missing are in room 51, 63, or 66. To get the key in room 51, you need to bomb the wall from room 52. And the item in the chest that you mentioned is not required and cannot be acquired until you get the flippers.

Remember:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/dngn_ex.gif

For example, the red room would be 14 and the green room would be 75.

do you need the shield before the spirit palace? I can't go any more with out it and if so where is it?

What shield? The (non-required) Magic Shield can be bought in most shops in Hyrule, and, as elise stated, you won't get the Mirror Shield until Level 8.

c) How obvious was it that you needed the Cross to get past that cave in Sparsi Desert?
d) How easy/tricky was it to get through the maze path in the Desert (as in how easy was it to tell that the push blocks in the cave translated to maze path directions)?

Anyone?

Russ
12-19-2007, 08:22 PM
I am missing one of the keys to get into level 5. It is the one located in the overcast heavens. Where is it? And please don't give me an answer like "it's in the sky).

And to answer your question about the difficulty of the Zora Training Ground, it was easy. I got through second try, no potions.

lou
12-19-2007, 08:23 PM
OK wheres the item needed to enter level 8

Russ
12-19-2007, 09:45 PM
New situation. I am in level 5. I have the hookshot and two keys. Where do I go now?

Edit: Never mind. I should have know there was a second entrance.

Pineconn
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
And to answer your question about the difficulty of the Zora Training Ground, it was easy. I got through second try, no potions.

Good. I wanted it to be easy enough that everyone could get through, but still a slight challenge. The fact that you died the first time makes me happy lo suficiente.

OK wheres the item needed to enter level 8

You'll need to travel the Overcast Heavens via the red tornadoes in order to collect 4 keys. The first key is in a house, and the other 3 are in Layer 3. When you have all four, you can enter Level C that is in Layer 1. You'll find the item there!

New situation. I am in level 5. I have the hookshot and two keys. Where do I go now?

Edit: Never mind. I should have know there was a second entrance.

The Zora that sells information in Zora's Cave told you that there are at least n number of entrances to Level 5. But you found the entrance anyway.

BTW, did you (all) know that you can speak to some of the Zoras in Zora's Cave, the fisherman in Lake Hylia, and one person in the lobby of each inn? However, none of these conversations really give out vital information.

Russ
12-19-2007, 11:33 PM
New question. In level 8, how do I get the northern key without the spike killing me?

Pineconn
12-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Level 8?

Russ
12-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Woops. Typo. I meant level A.

Pineconn
12-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, after you get touched by the northern Blue Bubble, check out the room with the chest. You can walk across the center row (as opposed to column) of spikes when they are down.

Russ
12-19-2007, 11:39 PM
I can't get to the northern blue bubble. The spikes are in the way. In the topmost room. With the boomerang switch.

Pineconn
12-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Well, if you can't get to the Blue Bubble, let the Blue Bubble come to you. ;)

Russ
12-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh. Thanks!

dagon
12-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Very easy, nearly all the rooms you can just turn sideways and slash in the door and with all the fairies i never even came close to using a potion.

Is this the one where the screen was dark and then lit up on it's own? If so, lost the sword.

Ran across someone saying i did, so pretty obvious.

Picked up on it right away. Though again it helped with someone hinting strongly at it before going in.

Haven't finished yet still in 8, but wow. Great game and very inventive. Big thumbs up.

Pineconn
12-19-2007, 11:54 PM
^^^Excellent, excellent, excellent. Thank you very much. The desert area sequence probably had the most potential to be up in the air to players, so I'm glad that this was not the case. And for the slashing in the doorway of the Training Ground... I could just make the doors shutters, and bingo, fixed. ;)

Russ
12-20-2007, 12:19 AM
You know, I think the phantom in level A should say something. He just sits there and looks evil. It needs to be more sinister.

barefootguy13
12-20-2007, 01:50 AM
How do I figure out the maze path in level 3?

Russ
12-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Pineconn posted the answer a few posts back. You should look there.

lou
12-20-2007, 10:14 AM
afraid I used 3 of my 4 keys in the spirit palace so where ever Level C is I can't finish this quest without starting over

Dan Furst
12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm sure you could go back and find the three keys you missed. Also, to be clear, when you say spirit palace, which level are we talking about? 7?

bobrocks95
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Finally making some progress in lvl. 7, just got the wand.(Went crazy for a second with those manhandla's, but it wasn't really very hard)

As for your questions...
a) I personally found the training ground a little hard, I used a large potion to get through it. I didn't use the "hide in the doorway and slash" trick though. I suggest you do shutter the doors.
b) When I met the phantom, I lost my sword, even if I ran straight at it as fast as possible.
c) Very obvious with the people telling me about it, that, and, the enemies were very hard while invisible.
d) Once again, obvious with the people talking about it.

EDIT: Yes! Got the power glove lvl. 2!

zeldatwilight
12-20-2007, 02:15 PM
this is a really good game

elise
12-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Pineconn
To start at the end
D)that one was an easy one for me
C)I often try if I don't have the cross to get there anyway if it doesn't work I just get back when I have it , The first one where you didn't really needed it I also passed without
A) I made it so it wasn't to difficult for me
B) After all those hours in level 7 I don't even remember a phantom in Level A
what do you call level A anyway don't even remember anything called that way :D

bobrocks95
12-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Well, I made it through lvl. 7, took me about three days.

Dan Furst
12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
So, after a week and a half, has anyone completed it yet?

lou
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I found all 4 keys then went to the Palace of Spirits and used 3 of them I guess I was to go to a Level C but I guess I messed up

Dan Furst
12-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh!

Yeah! The Palace of Spirits is Level C. You didn't mess up.

elise
12-20-2007, 04:22 PM
I am in level 9 but think I need something from outside the level or are the golden arrow and the fire boomerang both in this level . :)

lou
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
I need Dins Fire to enter level 8 that's what I can't find?

Pineconn
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
You know, I think the phantom in level A should say something. He just sits there and looks evil. It needs to be more sinister.

This is 2.10... It was tricky enough making Level A work, anyway.

How do I figure out the maze path in level 3?

Click here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv3_maze.png) for a screenshot.

afraid I used 3 of my 4 keys in the spirit palace so where ever Level C is I can't finish this quest without starting over

I'm sure you could go back and find the three keys you missed. Also, to be clear, when you say spirit palace, which level are we talking about? 7?

I found all 4 keys then went to the Palace of Spirits and used 3 of them I guess I was to go to a Level C but I guess I messed up

Oh!

Yeah! The Palace of Spirits is Level C. You didn't mess up.

I need Dins Fire to enter level 8 that's what I can't find?

Lou, Level C is the Palace of Spirits, as Dan Furst said. You need to use all four keys in Level C to get Din's Fire. You did not mess up.

From what I understand the furthest is elise, who is in Level 9 now. So I guess not.

I am in level 9 but think I need something from outside the level or are the golden arrow and the fire boomerang both in this level . :)

Nope, the golden arrow and fire boomerang are in Level 9. The only item that you need from outside of Level 9 is a key, which is in a lava cave within the Volcanic Wasteland.

elise
12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah that one I have ...........I think hahahahaha

Russ
12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I haven't had much time to play, but I'm on level 7. Pineconn, level 9 is not like End of Time's level 9, is it? It actually is at least the same size as level 8, isn't it? Please tell me you didn't make it really short again.

Pineconn
12-20-2007, 06:08 PM
If you must know, Level 9 has 105 rooms. :)

Yaedien
12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Hrm i seem to either have missed something or just screwed something up, I'm in lvl 1 i started out in there with 3 keys from the marsh lands, 1 from the guy and 1 from each chest in the marshs. I enter the level and use the key on the first block and then the 2nd on the door, go into the next room and use the 3rd key on the next door takes me into another room with a locked door, i've tried everything but i'm only limited to 3 rooms and no more keys :( i've even started over and double checked that the guy in the marsh's only said you need 3 keys so i must be either missing something or i did something wrong already :(

Pineconn
12-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, when you enter Level 1, go up one room. Do you notice something weird about the eastern wall? Now go back to the room with the locked door, and you may be able to do something to that western wall...

BTW, thank you for being very specific about your problem.

Yaedien
12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes i see the crack, but i guess i'm missing bombs somewhere guess its time to go explore outside. Thanks :)

bobrocks95
12-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Hm... I have level 8's big key, but I'm going to assume I shouldn't use it yet, as I haven't gotten any special items there yet.

Dan Furst
12-20-2007, 06:48 PM
bobrocks95, there is no reason to not use that key.

bobrocks95
12-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Ya, never mind. I used it like crazy really.

EDIT: Where is that last heart piece? Any places that I might not have caught? Oh, and I hope there wasn't anything necessary I needed to get in the eighth dungeon after I got the book.

Ajh
12-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah I may have registered to say that the puzzles in this are awesome. I like actually having to think.

I don't know how people got so far though, I'm only in level 2 and I've managed to get killed well over 100 times. I really liked the room with the arrow.

Pineconn
12-21-2007, 12:13 AM
^^^Thanks, Ajh. I definitely tried to feature brains over brawn. How do you pronounce Ajh, by the way? :p

Where is that last heart piece? Any places that I might not have caught?

Uh.... no. There are 20 Pieces of Heart, so I don't have any clue which one you might have missed. I think I'll make a map of all the Heart Piece locations sometime in the future, though.

Oh, and I hope there wasn't anything necessary I needed to get in the eighth dungeon after I got the book.

Nope, nothing (except for a red Rupee).

Ajh
12-21-2007, 12:18 AM
...like Ash but with the j in like...john. I'm currently taking a break from the 30th attempt to get to the room I need to get to without falling over dead and I just thought ...I should post that this is a neat quest.

kanaga1959
12-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Pinconn - thanks for the assist. My missing key for d4 was in 66. The reason I misused a key was that I had trouble in d3 (couldn't outrace the path and had to find the magic boomer) and carried a key over to d4. I also had an extra key from above and I just lost track and bumped into a door when I wasn't ready. Been 2 days ready to tackle d5.
Happy Holidays to ALL

Yaedien
12-21-2007, 01:15 PM
I must be lost once again :(
I have the map,compass and arrow and can't figure out how to get into a few various rooms, i keep walking alllllll over level 1 over and over looking for something maybe i have missed. any ideas?

Dan Furst
12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Well, you might have missed some bombable walls. Look for faint cracks in the walls. Note that the cracks might be on only one side of the wall - both sides are bombable, however.

Yaedien
12-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Yea i've been walking around bombing walls trying to find one but no luck so far, there are a few rooms i can see stuff in but i can't get into :(

Dan Furst
12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
If your give me specifics, I can help.

Yaedien
12-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Like what do you need to know, I have the compass, 4 bombs, map and i have the arrow from level 1. I do not have anything else there is like only 2 rooms i can't seem to beable to get into looks like i need the boomerang to hit the orb in the far left side. In one of the rooms on the far right side there are 2 blocks which look like they are in the way. To get into one of the rooms on the right side.

By the room i mean the one with the boss door there 2 blocks there that are blocking me.

Dan Furst
12-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh!

I didn't know you didn't have the boomerang. There is a cave in Hyrule Field (pretty close to the swamp/field border) where you can get the boomerang. You need it.

Bomb the rubble to enter the cave.

Those two blocks can be made to go away, but you need the bow and the arrow first.

Yaedien
12-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Yea i have seen that cave, but i couldn't find no Bow in there unless i can get by that one crab thing with bombs...

Dan Furst
12-21-2007, 02:12 PM
The boomerang is in there. You need to bomb the northern wall on the first screen to get to it.

Yaedien
12-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Omg i'm blind =/ thanks that should make level one much easier =/

Dan Furst
12-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah. The clue for this was the Cucco guy in the town. If you would talk to him he would have told you to get some bombs and enter this cave. There's even a guy that tells you to talk to the Cucco guy I think. :)

Yaedien
12-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Yea i talked to both of them guys and i bought them bombs then entered the cave. I just never seen the little crack :( and figured i needed the bow and arrow once i seen the crab guy. Am i correct to assume the mountain region is lvl 2?

bobrocks95
12-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm stuck in level 9 in room 41(I think). The room with the three groups of blocks and the two lightable torches at the bottom left and bottom right- hand corners. Once I'm between those two raised blocks, how do I light that other torch?

barefootguy13
12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
I think I've found a bug. In the cave just west of level 4, after I walk through the room with all the fireballs I go through the door and end up in the wall of the room with the big chest and can't move. What's in the chest? Do I need it to continue?

bobrocks95
12-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Are you using version 2.10? This has been discussed earlier, and that cave does that if you are using a different version! You must follow the most basic rule of Zelda Classic, and if you can't do that, it's your fault!

elise
12-21-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm stuck in level 9 in room 41(I think). The room with the three groups of blocks and the two lightable torches at the bottom left and bottom right- hand corners. Once I'm between those two raised blocks, how do I light that other torch?fire boomerang ?????
I keep on walking in screens I need the fire boomer or the golden arrow ;)
There must be away to get that boomer without losing all your fighting power but I haven't found that way yet

bobrocks95
12-21-2007, 03:39 PM
I've got the fire boomer. Guess that means I'm ahead of you now:D.
I found out how to do it anyway, just fire the wand 2 times in quick succession.

elise
12-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Got the boomer too :)
oh you are the first one to finish that we know of great congrats !!!

Russ
12-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I think I've found a bug. In the cave just west of level 4, after I walk through the room with all the fireballs I go through the door and end up in the wall of the room with the big chest and can't move. What's in the chest? Do I need it to continue?
I am guessing you are using an alpha build. Don't use an alpha build. They make the game unbeatable do to a bug at the beginning of level 4. Just use 2.10. If you are using 2.10, then I have no idea what is causing the cave wall bug.

dagon
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm not quite sure what to do after level 9. I went into the castle and got the items from the sewer but where do i use them?

Ajh
12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
I've come to a room in level 3...with tiles that fall away and a boomerang activated switch in the other corner.... Please tell me I do not have to walk over them like I think I have to...?

bobrocks95
12-21-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm not quite sure what to do after level 9. I went into the castle and got the items from the sewer but where do i use them?

Are you sure you mean level 9?

Dan Furst
12-21-2007, 05:59 PM
dagon: Those items are just there for the sake of completeness. They are basically bonus, and not really required anywhere.

Ajh: Yeah, you have to cross them. You have to have quick fingers.

bobrocks95
12-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Ooooo, I almost have the boss key, on the last enemy in that gauntlet.

dagon
12-21-2007, 06:10 PM
dagon: Those items are just there for the sake of completeness. They are basically bonus, and not really required anywhere.

Ajh: Yeah, you have to cross them. You have to have quick fingers.

So the boss of 9 is the last boss?

bobrocks95
12-21-2007, 06:26 PM
You could at least have the decency to make it restart at the boss fight if you die...

Dan Furst
12-21-2007, 06:36 PM
dagon: Ya.

bobrocks95: But, how would you be able to go back and get a potion if you forgot to bring one?

bobrocks95
12-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Who would Alana Furst be?

And I think the final boss could have even had one more round, it still wasn't too hard.

elise
12-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Okay just end the quest the quest ends after you have seen the credits ;)
the last words are The END

I got stuck in the final boss when all the large blocks came down I got stuck on the right arm on the ladder
I also never could get the heartpiece right from the start screen at Links house ,I could stand on one of the trees there but not move on to the right ;)
Great game although I hate timed puzzles :)
playing on the keyboard you always seem one step to late
Real good one guys and again Thanks for sharing this with us looking out to see more from you two ;)

Russ
12-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Okay, I am in level 7, I have the lens of truth, and I have no idea where to go. To be more specific, I need the location of the first key. and by the way, level 6 was very well put together. Nice job Pineconn. :thumbsup:

elise
12-21-2007, 07:05 PM
did you see posting 111 there you can see where all the keys are ;)

Russ
12-21-2007, 07:08 PM
did you see posting 111 there you can see where all the keys are ;)
Oh. I somehow missed that.

bobrocks95
12-21-2007, 07:12 PM
So those items after the boss fight are just for completeness... Oh, elise, there are stakes there, use the hammer.

Do I smell a sequel? (in what "you know who" said inside the castle about the "underling")

elise
12-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I already finished it :)
The lens didn't show anything and cause I was stuck on the ladder couldn't get away either , so just quit continued there ;)

edit: do you mean for that heartpiece hahahahahah

Russ
12-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Do I smell a sequel? (in what "you know who" said inside the castle about the "underling")
Well, seeing how long it took Pineconn to make this quest, I doubt a sequal is coming anytime soon. But if you like the quest, you should try his other quest, End of Time. It's really good.

Dan Furst
12-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Real good one guys and again Thanks for sharing this with us looking out to see more from you two ;)

Just to be perfectly clear, Pineconn put about 99.9&#37; of the hours into this quest. I had very little to do with it, just some music and some puzzle ideas.

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying it.

Oh, bobrocks, Alanna is my wife. She helped with beta testing.

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Oh, bobrocks, Alanna is my wife. She helped with beta testing.

Interestingly, up until Level 7. :sly:

Yeah, the boots and Indigo Tunic aren't required at all, just a little prize for completing the game.

You could at least have the decency to make it restart at the boss fight if you die...

Who said I'm decent? :tongue: You only have to go through a few rooms, anyway, to get to the final boss. I thought it would be no big deal.

And I think the final boss could have even had one more round, it still wasn't too hard.

I was at the stage of developing in which I wanted the quest out now. The boss could have been better, absolutely, but... bleh. I hate making boss sequences.

Okay just end the quest the quest ends after you have seen the credits ;)
the last words are The END

You went to Hyrule Castle, right? ;)

I got stuck in the final boss when all the large blocks came down I got stuck on the right arm on the ladder

Hm. I'll look into this.

I also never could get the heartpiece right from the start screen at Links house ,I could stand on one of the trees there but not move on to the right ;)

It's hammer time! (Those are hammer posts behind the trees in Narajo Town.)

EDIT: Whoops, bobrocks95 beat me.

Great game although I hate timed puzzles :)
playing on the keyboard you always seem one step to late

That's funny, because I love timed puzzles. :p Thanks for playing, everyone who has finished! Remember to rate the quest if you haven't already.

Recall that this is only my second quest. I believe that you can see how my style of dungeon designing, "aestheticly-pleasing" skills, and my overall quest building skills evolve from Level 1 to Level 9 in LttH; I find that to be a bit interesting when I play through.

Well, I'd love to make another quest with 2.5... ;) I already have a few ideas...

patrickab7
12-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Anywho, thanks again for a great quest. FINALLY made it through Level 7 and am about to check out Level 8. (Got the four keys, completed the Spirit Palace, and got the last heart piece.) Know where Level 9 is but I'm sure that's just the beginning.

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 01:09 AM
FINALLY made it through Level 7

That seems to be what everyone is saying about Level 7. :D Y'know, I was severely thinking about making Level 9 a complete mirror of Level 7. You'd have to feel the pain again, and you'd never have noticed. Maybe.

And elise, I found that bug in the end boss. I'll squish it to high heavens (woohoo, another pun).

patrickab7
12-22-2007, 02:51 AM
*deep breath*

Okay, Level 8. Got up to F5. I have one key right now, but every avenue I can see is one where I need the mirror shield to advance(whether it be a barrier or Mirror-Robes). There's one "outside" path that seems to be a dead-end...the lens shows puffs of smoke in place of the blocks but I've tried every item on them...

Help? :-D

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 03:07 AM
This screen is F4, screen 11, correct? Well, I'll just say that you're being looked at straight in the face by something. Scan that screen hard for it! :)

BTW, I'm very interested on everybody's death count/time of play when they complete my quest. Elise, bobrocks95?

patrickab7
12-22-2007, 03:11 AM
Spotted it RIGHT after I posted...go figure. :-D

elise
12-22-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm very interested on everybody's death count/time of play when they complete my quest. Elise, bobrocks95?
I just looked have 57 deaths and 26 hours and 7 minutes on the clock thats after the Hyrule Castle ;)

And elise, I found that bug in the end boss. I'll squish it to high heavens (woohoo, another pun).Do you also have the tree next to the start above the hamer spot don't think you have to stand in that tree to hamer ;)
Here (http://zeldaclassicforum.com/showpost.php?p=55899&postcount=7) you can see a screen from it

ekimnosnews
12-22-2007, 12:25 PM

I am running 2.10 on Windows Vista. I cannot run the fullscreen but I can run the large windowed one. It automatically changes my color scheme when I run it. I have not had any problems running the program. Getting far in the game is another story :D.

I've found the problem, at least for me. When I tried to play the windowed large mode, after the armageddon games screen and the zelda classic screen the screen went dark. It would let me enter a name for a character, but when I pressed enter it would say that there was an internal error.

The fix is to run the game in administrator mode. What I did was in my start menu, I navigated to Start->Programs->Zelda Classic 2.10 then right clicked on "ZC Windowed Large" and selected "Properties". When the window popped up I clicked on the "Compatibility" tab and checked the "Run this program as an administrator" under "Privilege Level". After you've done this when you try to run the program a popup will appear asking if you want to run the program. Click allow and Zelda Classic will run properly.

What is happening is that Zelda Classic saves games to a file that gets put in your program files folder when you install it. Since Microsoft is trying to be a little more security conscious with Vista it only allows administrators, or programs running as administrator, to write to files in that folder. What Zedla Classic I think is trying to do is to open a "protected" file and is failing.

I hope this helped at least a few of you play this quest. I got to what I would find out was the blue ring cave before I realized I was running the wrong version. Oh well, back to the swamp!!

ekimnosnews

lou
12-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I am stuck in Level 9 can't go any more without the golden arrow some help where it is maybe?

patrickab7
12-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Status report: Eight levels cleared. Key retrieved from Lava Cave. Making steady progress in Level 9, noting a few places where I will need Gold Arrows. Saved at a point where I MAY need the Fire Boomerang to proceed safely but it may just require some creative hookshoting. No questions at the moment but will update as warranted.

sctmorgan
12-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Help Please...I'm stuck in level 8. I have the map, compass, boss key but can't seem to find the boss entrance. Is it the area in Floor 2 where I need the fire magic wand? I don't have the book yet...is it in level 8?

Never mind...I didn't search hard enough. Got it.

Russ
12-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Progress report: I am in level 8. I have the map and boss key. When I got the boss key without getting any items, I thought I relly screwed up somewhere. But then I find the boss is frozen solid. So I assume the fire boomerang is the item. Am I correct? And I think levek 8 would be better if it were in the top-most layer of clouds, rather than the second layer. And what are the subrosians doing in the clouds? They're supposed to be under ground! Even their name says it. Subrosian. Sub is Latin for under. Not over. Under. And who did all the midi editing? They sound really great. I like trying to guess what the midi was before it was edited. For instance, I can here the requim of spirit in the desert midi. Level 6 was an edit of OoT spirit Temple. Level 8 starts out like the MM Stone Tower. They are all so good sounding.

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 05:08 PM
I just looked have 57 deaths and 26 hours and 7 minutes on the clock thats after the Hyrule Castle ;)

Holy crap. Hopefully that was one day and a few hours well spent. :cool:

Do you also have the tree next to the start above the hamer spot don't think you have to stand in that tree to hamer ;)
Here (http://zeldaclassicforum.com/showpost.php?p=55899&postcount=7) you can see a screen from it

Crap. Fixed. This was the very first screen of the quest that I created. Go figure that it has a mistake. ;)

I am stuck in Level 9 can't go any more without the golden arrow some help where it is maybe?

Could you be a little more specific? If you haven't gotten the fire boomerang yet, you need to get that. The golden arrow happens to be in screen 37 of B1, which is the very eastern room of B1 (the upper of the two).

So I assume the fire boomerang is the item. Am I correct?

*imitates buzzer sound* Try again.

And I think levek 8 would be better if it were in the top-most layer of clouds, rather than the second layer. And what are the subrosians doing in the clouds? They're supposed to be under ground! Even their name says it. Subrosian. Sub is Latin for under. Not over. Under.

I didn't want the entrance of Level 8 to be too deep into the clouds, actually. Also, the Subrosian in the house says something like, "Evidence suggests that we had once lived underground, but that's preposterous!"

And who did all the midi editing? They sound really great. I like trying to guess what the midi was before it was edited. For instance, I can here the requim of spirit in the desert midi. Level 6 was an edit of OoT spirit Temple. Level 8 starts out like the MM Stone Tower. They are all so good sounding.

I created the MIDIs from Level 1 to Level 8, Hyrule Field, credits, and a few short miscellaneous ones. Dan Furst created the Level 9 MIDI, all of the other overworld MIDIs (minus the Narajo Forest, Lake Hylia, and Volcanic Wasteland ones, which I found), the boss themes, and MM's "Last End". And I never actually based my dungeon music on other Zelda music, I guess that was a pure coincidence. ;)

News time:

I just updated the quest file if anyone wants to re-download it. Just replace the quest file with the new one and you'll be good to go. It fixes but 4 minor bugs.

Russ
12-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Holy crap. Hopefully that was one day and a few hours well spent. :cool:

*imitates buzzer sound* Try again.

I created the MIDIs from Level 1 to Level 8, Hyrule Field, credits, and a few short miscellaneous ones. Dan Furst created the Level 9 MIDI, all of the other overworld MIDIs (minus the Narajo Forest, Lake Hylia, and Volcanic Wasteland ones, which I found), the boss themes, and MM's "Last End". And I never actually based my dungeon music on other Zelda music, I guess that was a pure coincidence. ;)

Not the fire boomerang? Then the wand upgrade book.

It's just coincidence that the dungeons midis sound like other Zelda ones? Creepy. I recognize 6, 7, and 8. Six sounds like OoT Spirit Temple, 7 sounds like MM final hour, and the beginning of 8 sounds like MM Stone Tower.

So you made almost all the midis? You're a musical genius! What program did you use to make them?

After playing through the clouds and level 8, I want to completly redo the mountain top and level 7 of EoT redux. They are so well put together in LttH. The ones in my EoT remake are crap compared to LttH's.

sctmorgan
12-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Help again...I'm in level 9 and in the room on Floor 2 where you have to light the small torches on the left and right side...how do you get to the other side when I light the left side, I can advance up once but can't figure out how to light the right side and then make it through the door. In other words what is the sequence to this room?

BTW...I've been playing for over a week now and this is an interesting quest...I'm having fun but lost at times.

elise
12-22-2007, 05:46 PM
sctmorgan just fire the wand to the left and right and start running ;)

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Not the fire boomerang? Then the wand upgrade book.

Perhaps.

So you made almost all the midis? You're a musical genius! What program did you use to make them?

I used Anvil Studio, a free MIDI creation program. Well, I didn't make almost all of them. The quest features 34 main MIDIs. I created eleven, Dan Furst created twelve, and I found the other eleven. I also created a few short MIDIs that you barely will notice.

Help again...I'm in level 9 and in the room on Floor 2 where you have to light the small torches on the left and right side...how do you get to the other side when I light the left side, I can advance up once but can't figure out how to light the right side and then make it through the door. In other words what is the sequence to this room?

BTW...I've been playing for over a week now and this is an interesting quest...I'm having fun but lost at times.

Well... Notice that the left torch will reverse the obstacles. The right torch will reverse them again, reverting the room back to normal. You need to get into the center area before the right torch is lit, right? You may need to light that right torch while you are still in the bottom portion of the room...

EDIT: And I see that elise was a little less subtle. ;)

lou
12-22-2007, 06:08 PM
OK then the fire boomerang if that's what you get first I can't figure out where it is

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 06:18 PM
First, you need the key from the lava cave outside of Level 9. You will then need a key from B1 (from the entrance, go up, left, down the stairs, then up; it's linear from there). You'll also need a key from the right of that main room (the "main room" is the room directly north from the entrance room). You'll find that key staring at you in F2.

With 3 keys, you can finally go up from the main room, then left, right (take the upper door, of course), right, and up. After a handful of linear rooms, you'll go past a room with a Triforce on the ground. It'll be relatively simple to get the first item from there. How far can you get?

lou
12-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Have done all that up to a room that has lava you can't cross and door closed behind you the lense shows nothing and if i walk on the lava I lose hearts

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Okay, I know what room you are in.

First, make sure that you have "Show Transparent Layers" on. Then, check the lava hard for something that might guide you across the lava.

Russ
12-22-2007, 07:52 PM
I just beat level 8. That was easy. It might have been more screens than Catycalism Crater, but Catycalism Crater was a lot harder. It took me a month to beat. LttH level 8 (I forgot the name) took me an hour to beat. Well, on to level 9!

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 08:22 PM
That's nice.

And it's the Temple of the Winds, by the way.

patrickab7
12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Status report: Some advancement. Made it past the point I was at before...couldn't avoid the two bubble groups and wasn't initially sure how to deal with the fight in the room after that. Realized that the Darknuts weren't the only things in that room and shortly thereafter acquired the fire boomerang. Also scored the map(after a few attempts).

P.S. Level 8 was anything but easy, at least from my perspective...hide the mirror shield well, Pineconn? :)

Russ
12-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Okay, I need help. I have the fire boomerang. And I have no idea where to go now. I found one torch that I could light, and I came to some stairs. One path went to the boss door, one went to a one way room (blocks keep you from proceeding) and sown the stairs, if I keep going left, I go back to the central room. Where am I supposed to go?

Pineconn
12-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Status report: Some advancement. Made it past the point I was at before...couldn't avoid the two bubble groups and wasn't initially sure how to deal with the fight in the room after that. Realized that the Darknuts weren't the only things in that room and shortly thereafter acquired the fire boomerang. Also scored the map(after a few attempts).

Yep, you did this correctly. It was the same concept that I used in Level 6, forced Bubbles. I was just hoping that you (everyone) would have been able to figure out how to kill those Darknuts, and it's obvious that you did.

P.S. Level 8 was anything but easy, at least from my perspective...hide the mirror shield well, Pineconn? :)

Well, Level 8 was designed a bit differently than Levels 7 and 9. Level 8 is much more linear than the others, so it relies on difficulty to inhibit the player from advancing. Obviously, this dungeon will be a bit easier for the more seasoned players.

And plus, no dungeon should take anyone a month to complete. Level 8 of EoT takes me only 30 minutes, and Level 8 of LttH takes me three-fourths of an hour to do. Therefore, Level 8 of LttH must be meatier than Level 8 of EoT. Level 9 gets back to the basics, however, with 4 floors of solid dungeon (plus the custom end boss).

By the way, about 9 hours is my best play through, and it took elise 3 times that. I'm very happy with this result. ;)

If anyone is curious, I recorded my times during my previous 100&#37; completion play through:

Level 1 - Enter 0:19:07, exit 0:30:05 (10 minutes, 58 seconds)
Level 2 - Enter 0:42:58, exit 1:00:38 (17 minutes, 40 seconds)
Level 3 - Enter 1:15:25, exit 1:37:12 (21 minutes, 47 seconds)
Level 4 - Enter 2:10:14, exit 2:39:02 (28 minutes, 48 seconds)*
Level 5 - Enter 3:11:39, exit 3:37:49 (26 minutes, 10 seconds)
Level 6 - Enter 4:08:44, exit 4:46:24 (37 minutes, 40 seconds)
Level 7 - Enter 5:15:44, exit 6:25:41 (59 minutes, 57 seconds)*
Level 8 - Enter 6:52:30, exit 7:39:03 (46 minutes, 33 seconds)
Level 9 - Enter 7:47:49, exit 8:50:51 (63 minutes, 02 seconds)†

*I died in this dungeon.

†Note that this includes the custom end boss and credits, so you can shave off 5 minutes if you don't want to include the credits.

One path went to the boss door, one went to a one way room (blocks keep you from proceeding) and down the stairs, if I keep going left, I go back to the central room. Where am I supposed to go?

First, if you met the man in the very NE room of F2, he would have told you that you can stun some Bubbles with the Fire Boomerang. Well, these Bubbles are in 51 of B1. After you go past them, go a little farther to get the map and a key. Next, if this one way room you mentioned is the room I think you are talking about (to the right after going up from the stairs that you can get to by lighting the torch), this is not the case. You are talking about room 62 (or perhaps 53) of B2, correct? Well, you can definitely get through this (these) room(s).

Russ
12-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Okay, I need help. I have the fire boomerang. And I have no idea where to go now. I found one torch that I could light, and I came to some stairs. One path went to the boss door, one went to a one way room (blocks keep you from proceeding) and sown the stairs, if I keep going left, I go back to the central room. Where am I supposed to go?
You didn't answer this question Pineconn. I need help!

And plus, no dungeon should take anyone a month to complete. Level 8 of EoT takes me only 30 minutes, and Level 8 of LttH takes me three-fourths of an hour to do. Therefore, Level 8 of LttH must be meatier than Level 8 of EoT. Level 9 gets back to the basics, however, with 4 floors of solid dungeon (plus the custom end boss).

I've been doing a side by side comparison. LttH level 8 (Palace of Winds) is more linear and requires the ability to defeat tough enemies to get through. Level 8 of EoT (Catycalism Crater) is more mazelike and has more puzzles, often combned with tough enemies, requiring quick thinking as well as deep thinking to get through. So the fact that it took me a month to get through Catycalism Crater and an hour to get through the Place of Winds shows that I obviously am not very good at puzzles.

Edit: By the way, I recognize level 9's music. It is an edit of the final palace from Zelda 2. And a very good edit at that.

Edit 2: Never mind my question. I finally paid the old man for info. "Some bubbles need to be stunned with the fire boomerang." I don't know how I overlooked that. By the way, what is an old man doing in there anyways?

Pineconn
12-23-2007, 01:27 AM
I edited my previous post to include my answer to your question, appearantly after you posted your last post.

By the way, I recognize level 9's music. It is an edit of the final palace from Zelda 2. And a very good edit at that.

Yeah, Dan Furst did a great job on that one.

By the way, what is an old man doing in there anyways?

He's next on the chopping block to become a Darknut. :shrug:

Russ
12-23-2007, 01:35 AM
Okay. Now I will attempt to get the golden arrows, and probably die several times in the process. And chances are this post will be edited to ask for help.

Pineconn
12-23-2007, 01:40 AM
BTW, are you at least happy that Level 9 of LttH isn't a complete letdown &#224; la EoT? (Don't expect a big, phenomenal end boss, though.) At least you get to watch a credits scene (with credits music presented by yours truly) and see Hyrule change a little bit.

Russ
12-23-2007, 02:07 AM
BTW, are you at least happy that Level 9 of LttH isn't a complete letdown Ã* la EoT? (Don't expect a big, phenomenal end boss, though.) At least you get to watch a credits scene (with credits music presented by yours truly) and see Hyrule change a little bit.
Yes, I am so happy level 9 is actually big enough to be called a level. After what you did with End of Time level 9, I was afraid this level 9 would be much to small. And now for my question. I am missing a couple of keys. The ones to open the doors directly before the golden arrows (at least, I think it's before the golden arrows). I am at the point where you have to shoot the eye of the snake statue to make a bridge, when I run out of keys. Where are the keys I need?

Pineconn
12-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Yes, you are borderline to get the golden arrow.

The only two keys that exist after the Fire Boomerang are the one I mentioned 6 posts above and the one in room 73 of B1 (the leftmost of the two southernmost rooms of B1).

patrickab7
12-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Status: Snag officially hit. I have the map, compass, and boomerang, but practically every avenue seems to require the gold arrows. Did finally figure out how to get through the "one-way" room(the one with the chest containing the magic jar), only to run smack into another gold arrow statue. I have one key at the moment. Can't find the snake statue that I'm supposed to shoot.

Pineconn
12-23-2007, 03:39 AM
...only to run smack into another gold arrow statue.

This phrase cannot be any more incorrect. ;)

(Self-thought: Yes! I was hoping this exact circumstance would happen to at least one person!!! :D)

patrickab7
12-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Touche...technically I did not "run into it", but I ran into a circumstance where I could not proceed without said item to shoot at said statue. :-D

Still stuck and won't get a chance to try again until late tomorrow night...will be busy for most of Sunday.

Russ
12-23-2007, 03:49 AM
Okay, I have the golden arrows. But now I need a lot of keys. And I have no idea where to get them. Help please.

Bombis
12-23-2007, 06:32 AM
I must be blind or something because I can't find the man in the following hint. (level7)

1) Up in the mountain. Give the man a whack on the head!

Where's he?

elise
12-23-2007, 08:55 AM
If you are on top of the mountain there is a guy peeking through a hole in the wall ...............

Dan Furst
12-23-2007, 01:03 PM
patrickab7: Look at that statue again.

Bombis: Warp with the ocarina, take the westernmost warp, and go right.

patrickab7
12-23-2007, 01:23 PM
patrickab7: Look at that statue again.

.........ah, I got ya. Will revisit that area when I get the chance. Rather convenient that the statue is just slightly out of lens range...

Pineconn
12-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I am currently adding a little more to Level 8 and making the end boss sequence a little longer. I will post again when I am complete.

Rather convenient that the statue is just slightly out of lens range...

Yes, that is rather convenient, isn't it? :evil:

Russ
12-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Okay, I have the golden arrows. But now I need a lot of keys. And I have no idea where to get them. Help please.
Couldyou please answer this question? Sorry, but I just can't do level 9 that well. You did an excellent job making it.

Pineconn
12-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Ah crap. My bad. Sorry. :)

Location of Gold Arrow statues:

F2, 65: You get two keys from this leg of the dungeon.
B1, 42: En route to item #3.

And that's it.

bobrocks95
12-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I just checked my time, I was about 28 hours, 40 minutes in and died exactly 170 times.

Russ
12-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I just beat the game. Counting Hyrule Castle, I had 101 deaths, and 17 hours to beat it. The last boss was fun, but way to easy. And there is still a lot of storyline that went unexplained.

-=SPOILER=-

All in all, it was a fin game.