PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Heavens Released

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

patrickab7
04-18-2008, 10:56 PM
You don't need a superbomb...a standard bomb will do the trick on those bones. Also, try bombing other sets of bones in the desert...

Beckyj4
04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Help! I'm stuck in Level 6. I have the hammer and 2 keys, but can't find a locked door.

One of my problems is trying to get to the bombable wall on the upper left side of Level 1. A couple of rooms after I go from Lvl 2 to Lvl 1, I end up in a room that is just all black, and I get killed soon after entering. It should take me to the room where I have to bomb the wall? Trying to fall into the sandpits in that area doesn't take me anywhere either. I just lose life.

Then there are those things you usually shoot with an arrow, like an eye with lights traveling around it. No matter what I try, nothing happens.

I hate to keep asking for help, but I have been stuck for several days now and everytime I quit and save, I lose the map of the areas I've been to so have to start all over. I know that's normal but I wish someone could fix it so you could keep the map.

Thanks in andvance for any help.

ansyf125
04-20-2008, 04:39 PM
hello...super cheater/noob here...so umm...if anyone can point me in a direction of a walkthrough or password for cheats, you'd be greatly thanked.

My foolish younger brother is stuck in the first dungeon...he has the compass and map and has been crying b/c he cant find out where to go next...assistance please

bobrocks95
04-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Did he get the boomerang in Hyrule Field?

ansyf125
04-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Did he get the boomerang in Hyrule Field?

gasp....but that's such a big place...where exactly would it be?...

EDIT:...oh....forget it....i killed the mess out of gohma, and that bitsh spat out the fire boomerang; thanks!!

EDIT x2:....soo umm...he's in the second dungeon and is in this room with these 2 spikey things going back and forth, and this other one going up and down. he says he forgot something, either that or he just sucks at getting past it. Also....can anyone give me a password for this amazing game?

Dan Furst
04-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Beckyj4: I know what's up with that dark room. I think you have the dark monitor, right? That room has three transparent layers over it, so that it looks very very dark, but still viewable. Since your monitor is not bright, you can't see it at all. Walk into the center of the room and use the candle. You will then see all of the spikes around you!

You will probably run into this problem in level 7 also. You might be able to turn off transparent layers in the options. (But only do it in rooms where it is very dark! You will need transparent layers in some places.)

The eye statues require a different type of arrow that you will find in level 6.

Russ
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
EDIT:...oh....forget it....i killed the mess out of gohma, and that bitsh spat out the fire boomerang; thanks!!
What? That wasn't supposed to happen. :shrug: How exactly did you kill him?

ansyf125
04-22-2008, 11:25 AM
What? That wasn't supposed to happen. :shrug: How exactly did you kill him?

well, i walked into the room and saw that homo, i mean single eye...it stared at me like all women do...as i walked up to it to ask for some spare bombs, it closed its eye...i jumped back and pulled out my blade and cursed out the beast. As it walked back and forth, I slashed relentlessly and suddenly its eye opened again. I asked nicely once again, but yet it raised its arms and shot out blasts. I knew that it was time for this giant crab to die. I ran out of the room, and charged back in with my sword in hand and chopped the mess out of it. Than came out Zelda and she yelled out, "Oh Link!! You're so amazing!! I think I'll give you a gift!". With that, Link dropped his tunic and took out his 'kokori sword'. Zelda pulled off her glove and slapped him so hard, the Fierce Deity felt it. "NO! I meant that I will give you light arrows!". As Gohma heard this and became bored, at the word of arrow, she ran away. Link and Zelda stand close, staring at the running crab. Link laughs at the crab, and Zelda, at his "sword"

-The End

ansyf125
04-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know what to do after you get the gauntlets in the 2nd dungeon?

Dan Furst
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
There are about 4 heavy pushblocks spread out around the dungeon. (They are darker brown.) They will net you keys and access to new rooms.

Beckyj4
04-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Beckyj4: I know what's up with that dark room. I think you have the dark monitor, right? That room has three transparent layers over it, so that it looks very very dark, but still viewable. Since your monitor is not bright, you can't see it at all. Walk into the center of the room and use the candle. You will then see all of the spikes around you!

You will probably run into this problem in level 7 also. You might be able to turn off transparent layers in the options. (But only do it in rooms where it is very dark! You will need transparent layers in some places.)

The eye statues require a different type of arrow that you will find in level 6.

Thank you. Transparent layers worked there. I would never have gotten it because I wasn't able to figure out where to stop before using the lantern. I just kept getting killed over and over and over. Since then I picked up another key, and have since used all 3. Still, the only item I have from the Level is the hammer.

It's kind of frustrating because I zipped right thru Zelda's Cave and level 5, so never lost the map. I lost track of how many times I have given up and saved in Level 6. Then of course, I have to start all over again next time. I keep trying everything I can think of all over the place and nothing works.

There is a room with candles in an arrow pattern with one unlit. Lighting it does nothing. Another with jugs arranged in an arrow pattern. Apparently their only purpose is to show a bomb mark where you have to bomb the onther side of the wall. Besides whats in the jugs, nothing else there. Another room where you lose the sword and the last room after is full of bunnies. Kill them all and nothing is there?

Dan Furst
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Glad that fixed your problem. Remember that you might want to use this in Level 7's lowest basement.

I might suggest drawing a map, if you rely on it. That way, you can note where passageways take you, and maybe mark where you obtained keys, or where locked doors are. Or, for example, that cracked wall.

Here's floor 1 for level 6:

XXX XX
XXXXXXXX
XXX XX
X X
X X
XX XXX
XXXXXXXX
XX XXX

Tingle had a hint for the room with triangular candles. Use the ocarina after lighting the torch.

Can you be more specific about where the room with bunnies (Pols Voice) is?

Beckyj4
04-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Glad that fixed your problem. Remember that you might want to use this in Level 7's lowest basement.

I might suggest drawing a map, if you rely on it. That way, you can note where passageways take you, and maybe mark where you obtained keys, or where locked doors are. Or, for example, that cracked wall.

Here's floor 1 for level 6:

XXX XX
XXXXXXXX
XXX XX
X X
X X
XX XXX
XXXXXXXX
XX XXX

Tingle had a hint for the room with triangular candles. Use the ocarina after lighting the torch.

Can you be more specific about where the room with bunnies (Pols Voice) is?

You have to go thru some red bubbles, and it is either one or two rooms from there on the NE side. I think it was on level 2, but not sure.

Thanks for all your help. I didn't think of doing a map like that. That should help. My own effort was unreadable.

I'm watching the election results, so won't be playing anymore today. :(

Dan Furst
04-23-2008, 10:05 AM
There's a room on the first floor, kind of NE area, with 5 sand-traps, a hookshot block, Pols Voice, and two doors on the N wall. The left door takes you up to where you can get a blue bubble to give you back your sword capability. There is a treasure chest, but you must have your sword to open it, of course.

ansyf125
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
There are about 4 heavy pushblocks spread out around the dungeon. (They are darker brown.) They will net you keys and access to new rooms.

Reply:All I need is the big key Where is that!

Dan Furst
04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
It's in the northwesternmost room, which is accessed via transporter from the southwesternmost room!

Nicholas Steel
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/franpa/zelda003.png
The top half of the red square appears to be solid. Is it meant to be solid? if it is not solid then i would hazard a guess at overhead combo conflicting or something since you can scroll down to there but you can't scroll back up and you cant walk across (you can walk sideways to get out from under the tree but you cant walk sideways to go back under the tree)

Ford_Prefect
04-23-2008, 09:56 PM
oh, well.

i thought i was gonna be able to do this without asking for help.
in level 9, is it possible to use the keys in the wrong order?

I found all the keys in the level and the one outside, have the fire boomer and gold arrow, but i ran into another locked door, at B1 25.

I'm stumped. i do have screenshots of all 7 now-keyless rooms, so i know i didn't miss any.

Help?

bagofchips
04-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm new here and am stuck with getting this game to work. I didn't know if it should be posted elsewhere as it could be a game specific bug. I'm using ZC2.10 to play this, and I can't seem to talk to anybody. I press all buttons next to them and no dialog box appears at all. I know I have control set properly as you can get dialogs to come up when you go in a shop for example, and I can press A speed through them, but I can't engage in conversation myself. Any help?

Russ
04-24-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm new here and am stuck with getting this game to work. I didn't know if it should be posted elsewhere as it could be a game specific bug. I'm using ZC2.10 to play this, and I can't seem to talk to anybody. I press all buttons next to them and no dialog box appears at all. I know I have control set properly as you can get dialogs to come up when you go in a shop for example, and I can press A speed through them, but I can't engage in conversation myself. Any help?
That's because you can't talk to them. In this quest, the only places people talk to you when you walk up to them are in Zora's Cave and inside inns.

Oh, and welcome to ZC!

Nicholas Steel
04-24-2008, 02:54 AM
and Links mom :)

Beckyj4
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
There's a room on the first floor, kind of NE area, with 5 sand-traps, a hookshot block, Pols Voice, and two doors on the N wall. The left door takes you up to where you can get a blue bubble to give you back your sword capability. There is a treasure chest, but you must have your sword to open it, of course.

That was the trip where I didn't think I got anything... Forgot to go back and open the chest after I got my sword back. Like, 3 or 4 times. :banghead:

I have the master key now and all I have to do is find my way back to the boss room. Funny thing is, I was there about 50 times before I found the key. I will find it again though. Someday.....

Thanks again for your help.

Dan Furst
04-24-2008, 06:02 PM
My first time using the multi-quote feature, very handy.

The top half of the red square appears to be solid. Is it meant to be solid? if it is not solid then i would hazard a guess at overhead combo conflicting or something since you can scroll down to there but you can't scroll back up and you cant walk across (you can walk sideways to get out from under the tree but you cant walk sideways to go back under the tree)

It would seem like it would be ok for the top left quarter of that square to be walkable. Maybe Pineconn will update it.

oh, well.

i thought i was gonna be able to do this without asking for help.
in level 9, is it possible to use the keys in the wrong order?

I found all the keys in the level and the one outside, have the fire boomer and gold arrow, but i ran into another locked door, at B1 25.

I'm stumped. i do have screenshots of all 7 now-keyless rooms, so i know i didn't miss any.

Help?

Aha! From that room, go back up one. In this room, when you warp, you are actually warping between two rooms. Take the left door in the "second" room to find a new way.

Yep. The useful information comes from people in houses/caves. Everyone else is, well, decoration. ("I'm sorry, I can't help you.")

That was the trip where I didn't think I got anything... Forgot to go back and open the chest after I got my sword back. Like, 3 or 4 times. :banghead:

I have the master key now and all I have to do is find my way back to the boss room. Funny thing is, I was there about 50 times before I found the key. I will find it again though. Someday.....

Thanks again for your help.

Left, up, right, right, stairs, right, down!

Beckyj4
04-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Left, up, right, right, stairs, right, down!

Thank you, I found it earlier. I'm in level 7 now. Not stuck. Just worn out... I feel like I worked for a week straight. :D

bagofchips
04-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I can't imagine what possesed anyone to set the game up where practically everyone is just there for show and doesn't talk, but thanks anyways. I really am too used to people telling me useless information so I thought I was missing something :p

Pineconn
04-24-2008, 07:08 PM
That Lake Hylia thing is weird... I thought I had fixed it/messed with it before.

I can't imagine what possesed anyone to set the game up where practically everyone is just there for show and doesn't talk, but thanks anyways.

That would be Nintendo in 1986. :p Seriously, all ZC quests are like that (except 2.5 quests with scripting).

Ford_Prefect
04-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Aha! From that room, go back up one. In this room, when you warp, you are actually warping between two rooms. Take the left door in the "second" room to find a new way.

hmph. didn't see that one coming.
thanks, dan...

bagofchips
04-24-2008, 07:29 PM
OK, I am lost. I can't figure out what the heck to do at the beginning. The only lead I have is the guy in a blue-roofed house has a sword, but the doors closed on that house. It would seem the only way to get anywhere is to get past bushes which I can't even lift. What do I do to begin this game at all here?

The_Amaster
04-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Notice the house to the left of there. Notice the back. Notice the vines going up the cliff...;)

ansyf125
04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know where the keys in level 3 are?

Pineconn
04-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes... I do. Could you be more specific with your details? Like, what was the last item you got in Level 3 (if any)?

ansyf125
04-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Yes... I do. Could you be more specific with your details? Like, what was the last item you got in Level 3 (if any)?

Well I entered the dungeon killed monsters got the compass and map and thats it.

Dan Furst
04-25-2008, 12:59 PM
I think you should just explore a little more. You will find things.

Edit: I don't think a walkthough has been written for this quest, if that is the kind of help you are looking for. Maybe someone (me, Pineconn) will work on one eventually?

Pineconn
04-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Eh, a walkthrough is unnecessary. There aren't enough people playing this quest to really mandate a walkthrough.

Well I entered the dungeon killed monsters got the compass and map and thats it.

You might be interested in bombing the eastern wall two screens north from the entrance to Level 3.

bobrocks95
04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
I'd been somewhat interested in writing a walkthrough for this for a while. Maybe I'll pick it up one day and start. Of course, it would be a simple text-based one like the walkthroughs on GameFAQs, no pictures or anything.

SotW
04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Eh, a walkthrough is unnecessary. There aren't enough people playing this quest to really mandate a walkthrough.

*looks at the the number of downloads on ZC.com and the number of posts in this thread*
No, of course your right, I mean, hardly anyones playing this quest...

EDIT: Oh....Damn. Forgot who I was logged in as....*sheepish*
-Amaster

Russ
04-26-2008, 02:01 AM
That would be Nintendo in 1986. :p Seriously, all ZC quests are like that (except 2.5 quests with scripting).
I just want to say, Hero of Dreams. And, I know many quests that use NPCs without use of scripting.
[quote=SotW;1175487EDIT: Oh....Damn. Forgot who I was logged in as....*sheepish*
-Amaster[/quote]
What's the purpose of the SotW account?

peachstar
04-26-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm in need of help at Spirit Palace.... I can only enter about 4 rooms and everyone warps me back to the start. One room has a walkway over the water and requires the wand to be used, but I can't align the reflective mirror that can be pointed east or west by stepping on the floor tiles. I'm so close I'd hate to give up now.... can anyone help me???? Tks

bobrocks95
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I just want to say, Hero of Dreams. And, I know many quests that use NPCs without use of scripting.

What's the purpose of the SotW account?

One account that people send things to, instead of sending it to Amaster, Joe, you, me, and Pineconn.

Dan Furst
04-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Peachstar: This Palace is a maze of warps. If you are having trouble remembering which ones are "good" warps, and which are "bad", then perhaps a rough map will help you. This way you can note where there might be a new way to go.

That switch can be triggered by the Wizzrobe's magic. Stand in the upper-left area so that the Wizzrobe appears to the right of you and shoots magic at the mirror. Then quickly walk down to the switch to rotate the mirror the right way.

Anikom15
04-27-2008, 12:17 AM
I'd been somewhat interested in writing a walkthrough for this for a while. Maybe I'll pick it up one day and start. Of course, it would be a simple text-based one like the walkthroughs on GameFAQs, no pictures or anything.

you sir win the internets.

Sam Atoms
04-27-2008, 01:08 AM
EDIT: Oh....Damn. Forgot who I was logged in as....*sheepish*
-Amaster

Love the red octorok. I was wondering what happened to all the votes for my screenshot, now it's obvious that they all got eaten.... :tongue:

Pineconn
04-27-2008, 11:05 AM
*looks at the the number of downloads on ZC.com and the number of posts in this thread*
No, of course your right, I mean, hardly anyones playing this quest...

I mean as opposed to a real Zelda game, of which thousands of people are playing at any given moment. If anyone needs help, they can just come here and ask away.

bobrocks95
04-27-2008, 11:35 AM
you sir win the internets.

And why do I win ze internets??

Russ
04-27-2008, 01:07 PM
You know, if anyone needs it, I might be able to write a walkthrough for the quest. I can open it up in Zquest, which would give me an advantage over other people.

bobrocks95
04-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I used to be able to. Then I accidentally deleted 757. :cry:
Maybe joint project?

Russ
04-27-2008, 08:56 PM
I used to be able to. Then I accidentally deleted 757. :cry:
Maybe joint project?
Works for me, the more help the better.

And I am so sorry you deleted 757. I feel your pain. But remember, there are programs that let you re-create deleted files.

gjibier
04-30-2008, 01:21 AM
make a fucking search button

this is retard.

Beckyj4
04-30-2008, 11:58 AM
You know, if anyone needs it, I might be able to write a walkthrough for the quest. I can open it up in Zquest, which would give me an advantage over other people.

I sure wish someone had made a Walkthrough. I have spent several days trying to get thru the cave in the upper right corner of the Graveyard. I even went back thru almost every inch of the entire game, trying to find something I may have missed. It really gets annoying to have to come on here and prove how dumb I am, because I think I have done rather well in many other parts of the game.

Back to the Cave. The bommerang won't work on that grey spire in the room where you have to use the Master key to go up. Because you would have to stand between the two rows of blocks, it is the only thing you could use on it, because it is an angle shot.

BTW, I have also been thru all except 4 rooms of B1 and thru 5 of B2 in Level 7. Haven't gotten all the goodies yet though. Just exploring.

Pineconn
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
@ gjibier: Searching is easy. Pay (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/payments.php) War Lord $7.50 for hosting costs.

@ Beckyj4: Try bombing the grey switch. ;)

Elmensajero
05-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Okay, I just finished the quest, and it was amazing! I have been a fan of Zelda games since Link's Awakening came out, but I am new (about a week) to Zelda Classic games. This is the first one I tried playing, and I enjoyed it from the very start. Very challenging, I liked actually using my brain throughout the quest. Playing time: 32 hours, 17 minutes. 146 deaths :D Pineconn, I guess that 3x the amount of playing time compared to your fastest runthrough is more for experienced players, its a lot higher for newbies like me. One thing I have always wondered was how to open a menu to save the game. Prob. about a fourth of my deaths is from commiting suicide just so I could save the game. Thanks for spending the time creating this!

Nicholas Steel
05-02-2008, 04:01 AM
press escape and choose to "quit" :)

Elmensajero
05-02-2008, 10:31 AM
lol, i figured out level 7 by myself, and i couldn't even figure that out :) I guess I always thought it would quit without saving. Pineconn, were there any other NPCs besides the king and Tingle that you could attack and get different reactions from?

Dan Furst
05-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I can't remember any more than those two.

Glad you had a good time with it. Did you collect all of the heart pieces and upgrades?

(Also, welcome to the forums.)

Russ
05-02-2008, 07:51 PM
And if you are looking for another quest to play, try Pineconn's other quest "End of Time". It's like this one, but not quite as big.

Elmensajero
05-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Ya, I collected everything. I only needed the map you drew up for three of the heart pieces that I had missed. I think there should have been an area down those stairs in the castle, maybe a mini-dungeon to get the other two spells (I think that's what the two empty spots in the inventory are). Ya, I am trying out End of Time now along with Dan's 12 Palaces, they are both pretty good so far. Russ, do you have a thread for your remake of End of Time yet?

Pineconn
05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, you might as well get done with all the Furst quests now. :D

Russ
05-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Russ, do you have a thread for your remake of End of Time yet?
No, but I plan on having a demo ready by May 11th (in time to submit it to Pure ZC's Spring Expo). All I need to do is add an intro, fix a lot of screen, and block off the areas that I don't want to be accesable (as well as delete unneeded maps, as they are making the file size huge.

Elmensajero
05-03-2008, 08:23 PM
No, but I plan on having a demo ready by May 11th (in time to submit it to Pure ZC's Spring Expo). All I need to do is add an intro, fix a lot of screen, and block off the areas that I don't want to be accesable (as well as delete unneeded maps, as they are making the file size huge.

Sweet, just change your signature to point to wherever it is when you do and I'll try it out.

Hey Pineconn, your remake is looking really good so far. It was nice being able to get 20 rupees from the same guy an unlimited amount of times :tongue: (just mentioned this in case you overlooked something when you were scripting that cave. I would have put it in that thread but it was closed).

Pineconn
05-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey Pineconn, your remake is looking really good so far. It was nice being able to get 20 rupees from the same guy an unlimited amount of times :tongue: (just mentioned this in case you overlooked something when you were scripting that cave. I would have put it in that thread but it was closed).

Uhh..... oops. I forgot how the "here's some money" rooms worked. It's fixed. :D

Russ
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Uhh..... oops. I forgot how the "here's some money" rooms worked. It's fixed. :D
Dang. That bug would have been fun to use.

mdonne01
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Did you miss the key two rooms above the entrance? Kill the Darknut and then push the block. It's obvious when you look at it but extremely easy to pass over. Had me lost for a bit.

I am in Level 2, the room 2 above the entrance. I have killed the Darknut, but I cannot push the block in any direction. What am I doing wrong?

Dan Furst
05-05-2008, 05:50 PM
You'll need an item to push that block, found within level 2. You aren't stuck yet. :)

The darker color signifies that it's heavier.

Also, welcome to the forums.

fajz
05-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Can I get a little hint where the ladder is in level 3?

Elmensajero
05-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Can I get a little hint where the ladder is in level 3?

Ok, I don't have access to the quest with ZQuest, so I am relying on memory here. Try going, from the entrance, up, left, up, left, up (through the log), kill the enemies and head down the stairs. In the next room you enter, shoot the statue's eye with an arrow and kill the darknuts, then head down through the door that opens. That chest should be where the ladder is. (I can't remember if u need keys to go through any part of this, if u need some I can look to see if I can find where the early ones available are.

Dan Furst
05-05-2008, 10:53 PM
If you really did that all that from memory, then... well, you have an excellent memory. It's right.

Elmensajero
05-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Well, memory as in I went to level 3 on the file I had already beaten the quest on, and went through parts of the level til I found where I remembered the ladder being. Thanks for checking those directions for me tho, Dan.

Still, I guess it is amazing I can remember anything that happened before level 7 :D

Russ
05-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Still, I guess it is amazing I can remember anything that happened before level 7 :D
Ya, most people forget it all because they have nightmares about level 7 and they forget everrthing else about the quest. :D

Kaname
05-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm kinda at a loss in level 8. I know I got to open key blocks in the sky around the tower - and I unlocked two, but cannot seem to find the key to unlock the last.

I assume that the lightning will be removed with an item from this dungeon, and that the wizards in greenwhite will die to their own spells - that doesn't really leave much of a place to check :/

I think the key is somewhere on the right side of the tower in the sky(there is a ledge with a hookshot block on my part, but I cannot get to the other side, and the lense doesn't reveal anything special on that screen.

Do you perhaps remember where you hid the keyblock keys, by any chance? ^^;

Or is that again something like that Mountain guy I had to what with a hammer(seeeeeriously :P)? If so, I have no idea where outside the dungeon I have to look. ^^;

Elmensajero
05-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I think the key is somewhere on the right side of the tower in the sky(there is a ledge with a hookshot block on my part, but I cannot get to the other side, and the lense doesn't reveal anything special on that screen.

All of the keys should be in this dungeon. Unless I am mistaken, the room you are talking about above has some debris floating in the sky. Try walking on it ;) If you are talking about another room, then this list might be able to help...

Note: Some of these locations might be rupees, the map, or the compass. I believe these are all the chest / key locations you can get after getting the first two keys in the dungeon, but before getting the next item. By the way, the room locations assume that the top left room in the dungeon map is row 0, col 0, and anything above or to the left of that is a negative number.

Possible key loc 1: floor 1, row 0, col 3
============================
From the entrance, go north, west, west, upstairs, east, east. Bomb the south wall and go through it, then go east, then north. Push the block above the bottommost block left to the wall, then push it up to block the wind stream. Head north through the door, then go west, north, downstairs, and east. Cross over to the east side of the room using a combination of the hookshot
and bombs, or a superbomb. Next, go through the door, cross the floor with spikes, and go south. Kill the enemies here (I think Blue Gohma's, but I am not sure) and get the key that appears.

Possible key loc 2: floor 3, row 3, col 4 (outside)
===================================
From the entrance, go north, west, west, upstairs, east, east, upstairs, west, south, east, south, east, east, north, and walk on the broken floor pieces in the sky to get to the key.

Possible key loc 3: floor 3, row 2, col 3
============================
From the above location, go west. Bomb the north wall and go through. Defeat the wizzrobes in this room.

Possible key loc 4: floor 3, row 4 (outside), col 0.
==============
From the entrance, go north, west, west, upstairs, east, east, upstairs, west, south, west, bomb the south wall, and go through it. Slash the chest.

Possible key loc 5: floor 3, row -1 (outside), col -2 (outside).
===========================================
From the entrance, go north, west, west, upstairs, east, east, upstairs, west, north, west, west, north, east, north, west, west (kill the enemies to make a hokkshot block appear). Slash the chest.

Possible key loc 6: floor 4, row 2 (outside), col 4 (outside)
==========================================
From the entrance, go north, west, west, upstairs, east, east, upstairs, west, north, east, east, upstairs, north, east, south, south, east, south, east. Slash the chest.

Possible key loc 7: floor 5, row 2 (outside), col 1
===================================
From the entrance, go north, west, west, upstairs, east, east, upstairs, west, north, east, east, upstairs, west, upstairs, south, east, east (bomb the switch, quickly hammer the button, then hookshot across), south, west. Slash the chest.

Kaname
05-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks - it was "key loc 1" that was eluding me, I simply had failed to notice that I can use a super bomb here(I'm too slow for the riddle otherwise ^^) and thus assumed I had to use an item in that room.

skier
05-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi - I'm a total newbe to this game, and I have a question. In classic Zelda, when you walk up to a game person, they will say something. In the first town Link starts in, nobody says anything unless they are in a store. Are the people in Links town suposed to talk? Am I supposed to press a key on the keyboard to make that happen? Also, Link can usually pick up pots and shrubs in the regular game - how do I do that in this game?:confused:
Thanks for any help!

Elmensajero
05-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Most of the people are only for decoration. You can usually talk to one person in inns, and there are a few other places where people talk, but not many. Also, there isn't any way to pick up pots or bushes since the game engine is based on the very first Zelda (although this may change in later versions). All you can do to them is slash them with the sword.

skier
05-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Thank for your reply - i thought all those characters were just being rude! lol I'm now wondering how to get Links first sword. A character says to talk to the person in the house with a blue roof - but that door is locked. In fact, there are lots of closed/locked doors in Links town. So how do I get into the house with the blue roof, so I can get the first sword? Sorry for all the lame questions, but I haven't seen any publications that give you clues (or walkthroughs) for this quest.

skier
05-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Thank for your reply - i thought all those characters were just being rude! lol I'm now wondering how to get Links first sword. A character says to talk to the person in the house with a blue roof - but that door is locked. In fact, there are lots of closed/locked doors in Links town. So how do I get into the house with the blue roof, so I can get the first sword? Sorry for all the lame questions, but I haven't seen any publications that give you clues (or walkthroughs) for this quest.

Well, I finally figured out how to get into the blue house, so I got the sword. Now I can move forward. Thanks anyway - I'm SURE I'll have more questions.

Russ
05-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Well, I finally figured out how to get into the blue house, so I got the sword. Now I can move forward. Thanks anyway - I'm SURE I'll have more questions.
Just so you know, before you go to the swamp, go to a cave in Hyrule Field, bomb the northern wall when you enter, and find the boomerang. If you don't, you will have to backtrack there to get it.

Elmensajero
05-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey russ, did you and bobrocks ever get around to starting to make that walkthrough for this game?

Russ
05-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey russ, did you and bobrocks ever get around to starting to make that walkthrough for this game?
No, I have been busy trying to get a demo done for EOT Redux, and trying to make some good screens to secure me a spot at a Pure ZC QPF.

bobrocks95
05-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Heck, I could even make a video walkthrough for it. I've done it before (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8467B54C5037F36B), what's the problem with 2 Zelda games' walkthroughs at once? Me and Russadwan could still do it together if possible. Maybe one of us could record gameplay and the other dub over with voice?

Russ
05-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Heck, I could even make a video walkthrough for it. I've done it before (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8467B54C5037F36B), what's the problem with 2 Zelda games' walkthroughs at once? Me and Russadwan could still do it together if possible. Maybe one of us could record gameplay and the other dub over with voice?
If we do, I want to make the videos. You can do the voice. Or we can use Microsoft's synthetic voice.

bobrocks95
05-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Microsoft synthetic voice? Isn't that the cheesy Steven Hawking voice? I'm not liking that :P.
Heck, we can start right now. Send me a gameplay video and I'm set.

Kaname
05-11-2008, 01:53 PM
First, you have to bomb the gray crystal switch. Pull out your hookshot and fire it so that the tip is between the two columns of blocks as soon as the blocks revert to their original position. This, of course, takes excellent timing to do.

Actually, you can just place a bomb and RUN to the right. You'll now be on the upper blocks. Hookshot to right, voila, done.

Works every time, and makes the whole thing rather easy ^^; No need for a super bomb, no need for any timing.

Got a question though. Ganon-Tower, up, up, left, upper right, right. Now I am in a room with a hookshot block, another block that appears when I light a torch, a chest(already emptied it), 3 bats, a key door, and a closed door.

I believe that I need to open the closed door somewhat, since every other path either needs arrows I do not yet have(magic lens revealed that, at least) or involves a torch the fire from the wand does not ignite(even if I shoot the wand right when an enemy is behind the torch, causing the fire to be directly on the wand. Learned that move in lost Isle, so I was sad to see that it didn't work :( ).
So how do I open it - or am I in the wrong part of the dungeon o.o;

Russ
05-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Heck, we can start right now. Send me a gameplay video and I'm set.
Okay, when I find free time, I'll start. Using cheats so I never die, of course. It's good to know cheat codes to get around 2.5 bugs. :)

bobrocks95
05-11-2008, 06:36 PM
What big bugs are left in LttH in 2.5? I thought they were fixed... And try not to use life-saving cheats very often. If I were watching it, frustrated that I couldn't get past a part, then see cheats being used, I wouldn't be that encouraged.

Elmensajero
05-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Got a question though. Ganon-Tower, up, up, left, upper right, right. Now I am in a room with a hookshot block, another block that appears when I light a torch, a chest(already emptied it), 3 bats, a key door, and a closed door.

I believe that I need to open the closed door somewhat, since every other path either needs arrows I do not yet have(magic lens revealed that, at least) or involves a torch the fire from the wand does not ignite(even if I shoot the wand right when an enemy is behind the torch, causing the fire to be directly on the wand. Learned that move in lost Isle, so I was sad to see that it didn't work :( ).
So how do I open it - or am I in the wrong part of the dungeon o.o;

That door cannot be opened from that side. To get to the other side, go north from that room. Kill the darknuts and hookshot the block to walk across. In the next room, look at the fire closely and you will see a path (use F4 to step through the game paused if it is difficult to see at full speed). Walk on that path to get to the southern door. In the next room, cut the vines and shoot the target with an arrow (don't take the door to the left, it takes you back to the room you were in before). You should be able to continue from after that.

Russ
05-11-2008, 07:37 PM
What big bugs are left in LttH in 2.5? I thought they were fixed... And try not to use life-saving cheats very often. If I were watching it, frustrated that I couldn't get past a part, then see cheats being used, I wouldn't be that encouraged.
First, there are no 2.5/2.10 compatibilty bugs that I know of left. But, there were when I was playing LttH (I had to open up the file and edit little things at least four times!).

Second, I'll try not to use the life cheat often. But, I think seeing one person constantly dying in the video would bo more frustrating then seeing somebody cheat through a fight.

skier
05-12-2008, 01:07 AM
:confused: Hello - I know I have to have the bow and arrow to defeat the first boss - but I've looked and looked - no b & a. I know it's there- can you point me in the right direction? THANKS!

Russ
05-12-2008, 10:58 AM
:confused: Hello - I know I have to have the bow and arrow to defeat the first boss - but I've looked and looked - no b & a. I know it's there- can you point me in the right direction? THANKS!
The bow is at the top left of the level. You need the boomerang from Hyrule Field to get it. The arrow can be found by going around in a circle, eventually leading to the middle of the level, where you will fight a lanmola to get it.

Stereoman
05-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Hello. Excellent quest, I've gotta say...

...I've played through it rather smoothly up until this very moment, in which I've encountered a problem....I...need another key! I'm in level six (Sandman's Tomb), and I've gotten every item within the dungeon except the boss key.

Now, there's a room with lava and green bats. If you hookshot across the lava, you'll reach a stairway that leads to another room with spikes, one floor up. If you stay on the original path, your only other option is to enter the door right in front of you. Inside this room is a cracked wall (which I assume you bomb) and a bunch of pots shaped like skulls in the shape of an arrow that's pointing towards the crack in the wall.
I'm assuming that my missing key is in this room (I mean, I've looked in all the other available rooms...where else could it be?). The problem is, I can't access the crack in the wall in order to bomb it 'cause there's blocks preventing me from going any further into the room. My question is...How do I get into that room? Is that where the final small key is? If not, where is it? Someone, please help me!

Thanks in advance.

bobrocks95
05-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Yes, that's where a key is, I believe. Try the room above it :)

Stereoman
05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
So what do I do in the room above it, Bobrocks? 'Cause the room above is full of bats. There's two doors, and the majority of the floor is made up of spikes, except for a small trail leading to both doorways...

bobrocks95
05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Are you talking about a floor above or one room up? I meant it in 2D terms, one room up on the map. Unless that's where you went, in which case I have no clue.

Elmensajero
05-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Now, there's a room with lava and green bats. If you hookshot across the lava, you'll reach a stairway that leads to another room with spikes, one floor up. If you stay on the original path, your only other option is to enter the door right in front of you. Inside this room is a cracked wall (which I assume you bomb) and a bunch of pots shaped like skulls in the shape of an arrow that's pointing towards the crack in the wall.
I'm assuming that my missing key is in this room (I mean, I've looked in all the other available rooms...where else could it be?). The problem is, I can't access the crack in the wall in order to bomb it 'cause there's blocks preventing me from going any further into the room. My question is...How do I get into that room? Is that where the final small key is? If not, where is it? Someone, please help me!

From that room with the lava, head upstairs, east, north, north, west, north, west, downstairs, south, and east. Bomb the south wall here to enter the room with the skulls forming an arrow. I am not sure if there is a key in this room, but that is how you get into it.

By the way, whenever Pineconn puts something obvious in a room that you can't reach, remember where that room is because it won't be obvious in the room that you actually bomb in (if I remember correctly, he uses this kind of puzzle a lot after this level).

Russ
05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Ya, Pineconn loves putting bombable walls in that can only be seen from one side of the room.

Stereoman
05-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks, Elmensajero. I got it...Now, I've got another problem. I'm in the graveyard, and I see this bombable wall two screens to the right from the entrance to leven seven. So naturally I bomb it, and inside I find some archeologists...Greedy ones. I give them their gratification, and get inside the sealed chamber (B)...I've got the map. Where do I find the entrance to the other side of the chamber (chamber A)? Is there even another entrance? If not, where do I go after getting the map? Is this chamber where I get the Lens of Truth? Again, I'd appreciate any imput.

Elmensajero
05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
There is only one entrance to that chamber (through the archaeologists), and yes, you get the lens of truth there. I can't remember which chest had the map in it, but see if you got this chest (I think it might be a key). From the entrance, head north, west, downstairs, east, south. Bomb the southern wall and go through and slash the chest. If this is the one you already got, let me know and I will try to go through and find how to get to the other ones.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I am stuck in level two now I have the bow and arrows and the supper bomb and the boomerang and bombs and that is it. Do I need more to get any deeper in 2? I am going around in circles in it. In a few rooms it looks like I need the bracelet and in a few rooms it looks like I need the flute. Any help or hints would be greatfull.

Well I got it now. That was so simple....Well off to play again

Russ
05-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Just remember, in level two, bombable walls are everywhere.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Well I got level 3 done......Still no shield....Got to look for that......I think it should be in a store some place in the world........anyway....

Can someone give me a hint on were level 4 is??? It must be preaty easy to find because no one else is asking......so I will :-/

Thanks!

Russ
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Hint, I am afraid I can't tell you that. *Cough* IcemountaintopleftofthenorthernpartofHryule *Cough* Sorry, I must be getting a cold.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Hint, I am afraid I can't tell you that. *Cough* IcemountaintopleftofthenorthernpartofHryule *Cough* Sorry, I must be getting a cold.

LOL!!!! Thank you so much!

Russ
05-16-2008, 03:25 PM
LOL!!!! Thank you so much!
Thanks for what? I never said anything. ;) Cough* You're welcome *Cough* Dang this cold. :)

mdonne01
05-17-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm new at this and I've given up trying to figure out what to do with the black spots or holes or whatever they are. Nothing I have in my arsenal seems to work. Can someone clue me in?

Russ
05-17-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm new at this and I've given up trying to figure out what to do with the black spots or holes or whatever they are. Nothing I have in my arsenal seems to work. Can someone clue me in?
Where do you see these black spots? Could you bee more specific?

Bobbie
05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Can someone save me a lot of time and tell me how to get the fire boomeang? I am assuming that I need that before I can get the Golden arrow, is that right?

Thanks

patrickab7
05-18-2008, 04:16 PM
You need to take a path in Level 9 where you get hit by both kinds of bubbles...you have to deal with enemies in the room after the bubbles, so you'll need to think of a way to beat them without using your A or B button items...

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-18-2008, 04:18 PM
I am still in level 4 and looking for a key. I found the key at 51 and 63 but can't get close to the one at 66 I have the items from the level. Any idea what I am doing wrong????

thanks!!

Bobbie
05-18-2008, 04:46 PM
You need to take a path in Level 9 where you get hit by both kinds of bubbles...you have to deal with enemies in the room after the bubbles, so you'll need to think of a way to beat them without using your A or B button items...

If you are talking about the room I think that you are, I need to be able to use my hammer on the posts after I kill the enemies. The bubbles take away my ability to use the hammer. I don't have the fire boomerang to stun them and get by them to the next room and still use my hammer.

Elmensajero
05-18-2008, 04:53 PM

If you are talking about single square holes that appear on the overworld (and some levels), you need the ladder to get over them.

If you are talking about the room I think that you are, I need to be able to use my hammer on the posts after I kill the enemies. The bubbles take away my ability to use the hammer. I don't have the fire boomerang to stun them and get by them to the next room and still use my hammer.

Here's how you get the fire boomerang. From the entrance, go north, north, west, east (through the top door), east, north, east, south, upstairs, north, north, north, west, north, downstairs, west, south, west, north, west (this is the room that takes away your items and sword), west (after killing the darknuts), and touch the bubble thing to get your items back. Hookshot across to pick up the fire boomerang. There are many puzzles in the rooms on the way there, so if need help with any of them, just ask :)

mdonne01
05-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Where do you see these black spots? Could you bee more specific?

For instance, in Level 3. In the room to the immediate left of the entrance, there is a treasure chest, but I cannot get it because there are 2 black "spots" in the way. I have no idea what these are. Thanks.

Elmensajero
05-18-2008, 05:56 PM
For instance, in Level 3. In the room to the immediate left of the entrance, there is a treasure chest, but I cannot get it because there are 2 black "spots" in the way. I have no idea what these are. Thanks.

Those holes can be crossed with the Ladder, which you get in that level. I think you are supposed to get two keys first, then you can obtain the ladder. If need help with either finding those initial keys or the chest that contains the ladder, let me know and I will try to find where they are at. Just remember to look for bomb spots, there are quite a few in the first parts of this level.

Bobbie
05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks Elemensajaro!

I'm confused. I need a key to get into the door at the top of the room and I can't find it. I followed the directions for where the keys are and I thought I had gotten those 4. The key I got in the lava cave outside of Level 9 looks more like a boss key, but it doesn't show in my inventory.

Elmensajero
05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks Elemensajaro!

I'm confused. I need a key to get into the door at the top of the room and I can't find it. I followed the directions for where the keys are and I thought I had gotten those 4. The key I got in the lava cave outside of Level 9 looks more like a boss key, but it doesn't show in my inventory.

I guess it is safe to assume you are using post 907 (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1163140&postcount=907) to find the keys. The key from the lava cave is just a normal key, adding to 1 key to the key inventory. The only thing I can suggest is to go through each of those four places again to see if you maybe forgot to save after getting one of them or you just never got it.

Pineconn
05-18-2008, 08:20 PM

:evil: Mwahaha.

Glad to see nobody has gotten past the Bubbles yet without the Fire Boomerang.

Bobbie
05-19-2008, 08:31 AM
I still need a key to open that door at the top of the room on the way to the get the fire boomer. The key that I got in the lava cave looked larger for some reason and it did not register in my regular inventory. I assumed it was a boss key, but when I left the cave and returned to L9, it was not a boss key showing in my inventory either. So whay didn't it show up as a key? Where do I find a map that shows what rooms are what numbers so that I can follow the 4 steps for the first 4 keys?

Elmensajero
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I still need a key to open that door at the top of the room on the way to the get the fire boomer. The key that I got in the lava cave looked larger for some reason and it did not register in my regular inventory. I assumed it was a boss key, but when I left the cave and returned to L9, it was not a boss key showing in my inventory either. So whay didn't it show up as a key? Where do I find a map that shows what rooms are what numbers so that I can follow the 4 steps for the first 4 keys?

Here is a "map" that Pineconn used in an earlier post to show what room numbers represented.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/dngn_ex.gif

For example, the red room would be 14 and the green room would be 75.

Now, I think I know what your problem is. Go back to the lava cave and bring up your item inventory. Do you see a boss key? Did you get the small key after getting this boss key, or did you only get the boss key (which is not used in level 9 at all)? If you did not get the small key, there should be a boss door somewhere in that cave that you can go through, and you should get the small key in there (you might have to fight a boss, such as a Patra or Fire Wizzrobes, I can't remember at the moment).

Russ
05-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Ya, go bak into the lava cave and see if the boss key opens any doors there. Hey, that's different. Using a boss key to get a normal key. :)

Bobbie
05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Yep, you're right. That's what the problem is. I didn't see anywhere else to go in the lava cave. I never saw a door. I will go back there again and check.

Thanks

mdonne01
05-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Those holes can be crossed with the Ladder, which you get in that level. I think you are supposed to get two keys first, then you can obtain the ladder. If need help with either finding those initial keys or the chest that contains the ladder, let me know and I will try to find where they are at. Just remember to look for bomb spots, there are quite a few in the first parts of this level.

I need help with the keys. Are they in the dungeon or outside? I have the compass and the map in Level 3, but that's all. Thanks.

Elmensajero
05-20-2008, 08:10 PM
I need help with the keys. Are they in the dungeon or outside? I have the compass and the map in Level 3, but that's all. Thanks.

All of the keys should be inside the level. Here are the three chests you can open before getting the ladder (some of them may be the map or compass, I can't remember which chests held what, and I don't have access to the quest through ZQuest):

->From the entrance, go north. Bomb the wall on the east side right above the door, then head through and go downstairs. When you come out of the passageway, kill the lanmola and go through the warp and open the chest.

->From the entrance, go north, north, bomb the west wall and go through, kill the lanmola and enter the warp, and open the chest.

->From the entrance, go north, north, bomb the east rock and go through, north, north, north through the middle door (if you get hit by the red bubbles here, go back to the room two screens up from the entrance and touch a blue bubble, since you have to have your sword), east (at the top of the screen, west, east, north (through the middle door), north. Then open the chest.

Now, to get the ladder, from the entrance, go north, west, north, west, north (through the log), kill the enemies and head down the stairs. In the next room you enter, shoot the statue's eye with an arrow and kill the darknuts, then head south through the door that opens.

If you need more help with this level just let me know. The red trees in there can be removed with the second item you get in here, in case you wonder about that later. :D

mdonne01
05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks Elmensajero, that was very helpful. I seem to be stuck once again, on my way to the ladder. Where I am supposed to go through the log, I attempt to, but it seems that I am stuck in the log and do not emerge. Basically, I can't go up through the log. ???

Elmensajero
05-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Thanks Elmensajero, that was very helpful. I seem to be stuck once again, on my way to the ladder. Where I am supposed to go through the log, I attempt to, but it seems that I am stuck in the log and do not emerge. Basically, I can't go up through the log. ???

You can go up part of the way, but halfway in you will get blocked. If you look at the screen, you might be able to see why. You enter the log on the left side of the screen, but the top of the log (separated by vegetation preventing you from seeing where Link is) is on the right side of the screen. So, just go up until you cannot go any farther, then move to the right for a couple of seconds. Then when you move up, you should emerge out of the log on the screen you were trying to get to. ;)

mdonne01
05-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks. Didn't see that for what it was. I'm learning, though...

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-22-2008, 07:33 PM
I finally found the key and that enabled me to finish Level 5.

Does anyone know the maze puzzle in the desert?

Were was it hideing? if you are talking about unlocking the lock block to get to that chest in the left top of the screen then it is the same room I am stuck in.

Thanks!

Pineconn
05-22-2008, 10:57 PM
It appears you are missing at least one key. Check out these locations:

1. B1 35 (take the stairs in the water; the actual key is in B1 73)
2. B1 54 (in the doorway)
3. B1 53 (from entrance of Level 5, go up, into the water and right, up, left, and down the stairs - it's linear from there)
4. F1 37 (you have to enter the water in F1 55, though)

For example, the red room is 14, the green room is 75.

If you have all of those keys....... then I forgot one in the list. :/

Bobbie
05-23-2008, 08:38 AM
I am stuck in a room in level 9 that has 3 sets of posts. I need to get each one down and then step past one set and get the next set down. I managed to get up to the third set and can't figure out what to do to get those posts to go down from where I am standing between sets 2 and 3. I am in F2 the bottom left side of the map.

I am also stuck in a room in B1 that has many bald head guys that are usually triggered by the boomerang. I can't figure that room out either. That room is at the top left side of the map.

I would post screenshots if I knew how to post one on this forum.

Thanks
Bobbie

Dan Furst
05-23-2008, 09:58 AM
For the room with the sets of posts, just stand in the middle of the torches, then shoot left, shoot right, and walk up.

Bald head guys?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2059986_post-images-internet-message-boards.html

Russ
05-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Bald head guys?

I think he means the LttP crystal switch. They do look like guys with bald heads.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-23-2008, 01:48 PM
It appears you are missing at least one key. Check out these locations:

1. B1 35 (take the stairs in the water; the actual key is in B1 73)
2. B1 54 (in the doorway)
3. B1 53 (from entrance of Level 5, go up, into the water and right, up, left, and down the stairs - it's linear from there)
4. F1 37 (you have to enter the water in F1 55, though)

For example, the red room is 14, the green room is 75.

If you have all of those keys....... then I forgot one in the list. :/

Thanks to your info I was able to get 5 done. Now I am looking for the cross. Any hints on were it is at? (hints would be great) !

Thanks for all the help

Russ
05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks to your info I was able to get 5 done. Now I am looking for the cross. Any hints on were it is at? (hints would be great) !

Thanks for all the help
Once again, I'm not aloud to give hints. *Cough* Insideacaveinthedesert *Cough* Wow, this cold is starting to bother me.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Once again, I'm not aloud to give hints. *Cough* Insideacaveinthedesert *Cough* Wow, this cold is starting to bother me.

Should see a Dr about that cough. Anyway the only cave I found I see the cross in......But I will keep searching...

thanks!

Dan Furst
05-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Bobbie:

Those switches (bald head guys) are triggered by reflected fireballs, so you have to push the blocks onto the floor switches (to open the door) without reflecting a fireball (which puts the crazy-eyed statue in your way).

blubb
05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm in level 9 now, and I'm stuck in a room with three barriers. I can get after two of them, but I don't know how to light the lower right torch from that position. Throwing the fire boomerang doesn't work, reflecting the fire bullets or shooting with the wand (I can't shoot diagonally) does't have any effect either. And I can't make the blue wizzrobes shoot at it. Any ideas what to do here?

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll58/blubb549/zelda004.png

EDIT: I figured it out (that seems to be typical: I keep trying for hours, and soon after posting, I get it...). I'm at the final boss now. How often does he raise those rocks from the ground? I'm at the second screen of that and everytime I touch, it'll cost me three (!) hearts.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Ok I been runing around in the sands for a while but am unable to find a thing. OH I did find the Ancient crypt. Is that the cave?

If not can I have one more hint please. in the meen time I will keep trying.

Bobbie
05-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone! I am off to try out the helpful hints.

Nicholas Steel
05-23-2008, 09:32 PM
yes the ancient crypt or mini dungeon if you like, holds the cross.

Pineconn
05-23-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm also glad to see that nobody has been able to get through without the cross, either. :D

Russ
05-23-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm also glad to see that nobody has been able to get through without the cross, either. :D
At first, when you made it a required item, I thought people would get around it the same way I got around needing the boots to get to level 8 in EoT. But I guess either people really need it OR just are too lazy to fight invisible enemies OR just want it to get 100% completion.

Elmensajero
05-23-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm at the final boss now. How often does he raise those rocks from the ground? I'm at the second screen of that and everytime I touch, it'll cost me three (!) hearts.

Not sure if this requires a spoiler alert, but mine as well make it one :D

-=SPOILER=-

Hmmm, completing levels 6 - 9 when all of the enemies are invisible... *shudders*. :)

Russ
05-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Hmmm, completing levels 6 - 9 when all of the enemies are invisible... *shudders*. :)
Hey, with 2.5, they don't even have outlines. Anyone able to beat that is superior beyond belief! :eek:

blubb
05-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Not sure if this requires a spoiler alert, but mine as well make it one :D

-=SPOILER=-

Thanks a lot, though I knew that "trick" with the green wizzrobes before (they were in level 8, too) ;)

Now I finished him off, went to Hyrule Castle, found two magic upgrades, boots, another tunic and I made the King throw me out.
I know this has been asked before, but is the game really over at that point? Would be very disappointing :(

Bobbie
05-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I am still trying to get the golden arrow. I am missing a key somewhere. I was ok up through getting the fire boomerang. I found one key since then and opened one door only to find another locked door after that one.

Elmensajero
05-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks a lot, though I knew that "trick" with the green wizzrobes before (they were in level 8, too) ;)

Now I finished him off, went to Hyrule Castle, found two magic upgrades, boots, another tunic and I made the King throw me out.
I know this has been asked before, but is the game really over at that point? Would be very disappointing :(

Yes, unfortunately, you have finished the quest. If you haven't tried Pineconn's other quest, End of Time, thats a pretty good quest as well.

I am still trying to get the golden arrow. I am missing a key somewhere. I was ok up through getting the fire boomerang. I found one key since then and opened one door only to find another locked door after that one.

That list of keys I pointed you to before doesn't help? Which key did you already get? I went back to level 9 and I think I found where the golden arrows were at, so if you tell me which key you need I might be able to give you more detailed directions.

Bobbie
05-24-2008, 07:18 PM
I got the key in room 73. I now at a locked door in room 47. I missed a key somewhere. I killed everything in every room from the beginning that I have gone through to get here.

blubb
05-24-2008, 08:00 PM
OK, but I think I'll wait for the DX version to be released before playing EoT (I just love those LttP graphics too much, maybe because I grew up with them :D).
But back to LttH: My stats were really baaad! 198 deaths and 30 hours! Anyone "beating" that? Anyway, I must admit I really enjoyed it!

Pineconn
05-24-2008, 09:11 PM
OK, but I think I'll wait for the DX version to be released before playing EoT (I just love those LttP graphics too much, maybe because I grew up with them :D).
But back to LttH: My stats were really baaad! 198 deaths and 30 hours! Anyone "beating" that? Anyway, I must admit I really enjoyed it!

Speaking of length, yes (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1163541&postcount=952). :)

Elmensajero
05-25-2008, 12:36 AM
I got the key in room 73. I now at a locked door in room 47. I missed a key somewhere. I killed everything in every room from the beginning that I have gone through to get here.

Okay, from the entrance, go north, north, west, south. Push the statue and head downstairs, then go north, west, west. Use the fire boomerang to get past the bubbles, then head north, north, north, east, east, (you might hate this room :D ) east, downstairs, and west. Defeat the enemies here to get the next key.

Bobbie
05-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Many Thanks!

I'm off to find that room. :googly:

Russ
05-26-2008, 01:41 PM

Yes, wait for it. Pinconn and I have merged our remakes into one, and now, Pineconn's doing all the graphical aspects of it, while I'm doing storyline and custom bosses. Translation: It will be well worth the wait.

bobrocks95
05-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Ah, that's what I was waiting for. A combination- the best of both worlds. Russ's custom bosses and storyline + Pineconn's great-looking screens.

Russ
05-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Ah, that's what I was waiting for. A combination- the best of both worlds. Russ's custom bosses and storyline + Pineconn's great-looking screens.
Know all that's left is for me to convince Pineconn to upgrade it to 2.5. Although I doubt that will happen anytime soon. :(

bobrocks95
05-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Know all that's left is for me to convince Pineconn to upgrade it to 2.5. Although I doubt that will happen anytime soon. :(

How will you make the bosses custom then, other than changing the way they look? Without scripting, the game's possibilities are severely limited...
BTW, is it called by Pineconn's name for it or your name for it?

Russ
05-26-2008, 04:01 PM
First, scripting isn't the only way of making custom bosses. In fact, freeform combos are what I use the most (but they're not in 2.10 :(). And it will most likely go by Pineconn's name.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Well I don't know why I am the only one stuck here but I am.........
in level 7 in B3 NW rooms I am stuck......There is a ghost in the room that I can't kill for the life of me....I have the wand but not the 2nd bracelete. and I also have the list of were the keys are in level 7.

Once again all help would be greatfull.

Russ
05-26-2008, 04:37 PM
As one of the tiles says, you need a superbomb to kill that ghost.

bobrocks95
05-26-2008, 04:56 PM
First, scripting isn't the only way of making custom bosses. In fact, freeform combos are what I use the most (but they're not in 2.10 :(). And it will most likely go by Pineconn's name.

Well, I consider Freeform combos scripting, so that explains it. Either way, they're not in 2.5. I think I'll make a poll on this...

Fox_Of_The_Wind
05-26-2008, 05:02 PM
As one of the tiles says, you need a superbomb to kill that ghost.

never found that tile but I did find out it was the last thing I did not use on it.

thanks for the reply anyway :)

Elmensajero
05-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes, wait for it. Pinconn and I have merged our remakes into one, and now, Pineconn's doing all the graphical aspects of it, while I'm doing storyline and custom bosses. Translation: It will be well worth the wait.

Sweet, that quest should be really good then! Definitely looking forward to it.:D

kbrunse
05-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Hello,

I'm starting with Link to the Heavens, but I got stuck in level 1 trying to find arrows (I got the bow but without arrows). Are they in Level1 or do I have to go to the village or some other place ?

Thanks

Dan Furst
05-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi, welcome to the forums. The arrows are in level one. Just in case, did you get the boomerang? It's in the small section of Hyrule Field. You'll need it.

Russ
05-28-2008, 10:42 AM
If you don't have the boomerang, go back to the cave in Hyrule Field. Walk in, and bomb the northern wall. Follow the path to the boomerang.

kbrunse
05-30-2008, 07:35 AM
If you don't have the boomerang, go back to the cave in Hyrule Field. Walk in, and bomb the northern wall. Follow the path to the boomerang.

Thanks russadwan,

I was missing to push some statue and take some stairs in level1.
But now, I'm blocked to get this level2...
I'm wandering in this mountain trying to bomb (or superbomb) every rock but I cannot this level2 or harmonica...

Elmensajero
05-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Bomb the area between two bushes at the top of the mountain to get into level 2.

Pineconn
05-30-2008, 08:42 PM
You should also notice that the mountain tile that you need to bomb looks slightly different than the rest. And of course, it's between two bushes. At the top.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Can I get a hint on how to get the key in Floor 2 room 56 in level 9????

Thanks!'

Forget it. I can't belive I did not try that before......I need to get to bed.........

Russ
06-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Just do this. Whenever you are stuck, post here. If you are like me, you will figure it out five miutes after you post. :D

Nicholas Steel
06-05-2008, 01:49 AM
I have 3 keys and there appears to be 3 rooms i have not been to, I am in the Chamber Of Horrors.

1 room is to the top right of B1
1 room to the middle of the bottom floor
1 room adjacent to the triforce room.

I need the boss key and a way to the boss. I have been stuck on this maze of a dungeon for quite a few months now and really wish it was over with. Could someone please provide step by step instructions from one of its entrances to the boss key and then to the boss?

Dan Furst
06-05-2008, 09:42 AM
From the main entrance to the boss key: Right, right, down, left, down, down, right, down, warp, up, up, up, (top) right, right, right, right, up, left.

From the boss key to the boss: Right, down, left, left, up, left, left.

You might take solace in knowing that many people consider level 7 to be the most confusing one, although levels 8 and 9 are technically larger.

Nicholas Steel
06-05-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm in the 7th dungeon right? :P

Thanks a ton for the instructions.

Dan Furst
06-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes you are :)

mxjgr
06-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I am in the final fight Vaati in the fourth phase, where his eyes are flashing.
I tried every item I have, but nothing seems to work and I am transported out of the room after a few seconds. Also the Lense of Truth doesn't show anything (except the inactive warp tiles).
Can anyone help?

Russ
06-09-2008, 01:22 PM
There should be a switch that you can hit with the boomerang in the acid. You have to hit it, then step onto the warp portals. The rest of the battle is to see
A. How quickly you can find the switch.
B. How quickly you can get the right item to hit the switch.
C. How quickly you can hit the switch, and then get on the warp portal.

Oh, and welcome to ZC!

mxjgr
06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks a lot!
I really must have been blind, but I didn't see that pretty obvious switch! :googly:
Especially strange since I finished the (theoretically much harder) rest of the quest without any help.

Great Quest and also a very good ending! I think I didn't saw such a good credit sequence, where the music is synched perfectly to the action on the screen, in any other ZC quest so far.

Pineconn
06-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks a lot. :)

Oh crap, somebody's quest took a stoning on Zelda Classic's site...

bobrocks95
06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
You talking about that supposed Donkey Kong game? It would be physically impossible to recreate in Zelda Classic, even with intense scripting.

Pineconn
06-09-2008, 06:10 PM
No, I meant mine.

Argh, someone keeps on deleting David Rioux's Donkey Kong quest...

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 07:53 PM
This is a trurly fantastic quest.

bobrocks95
06-11-2008, 09:50 PM
No, I meant mine.

Argh, someone keeps on deleting David Rioux's Donkey Kong quest...

I wouldn't bother, it's a load of crap. It doesn't even use any sprites from Donkey Kong, including no appearance from DK himself.

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 10:20 PM

I've got to agree with you, mate.

Pineconn
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I've got to agree with you, mate.

Hey, Mike.

Russ
06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Hey, Mike.
What, I am so confused right now.

Anyways, to get back on topic, Pineconn, how long does it take you to make one midi? All the midis in this quest are so great, I can hardly imagine somebody who would around the age of sixteen at the time could make them.

Pineconn
06-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Sixteen?

Anyway, it really varies. Most LttH dungeon MIDIs took no more than two days to create (except Level 8, and I'm sure it took Dan a little longer to make the Level 9 MIDI). For instance, I'm working on a MIDI now, but it's taking a very long time. I'm hoping to have it finished by July's Expo.

Russ
06-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Only two days? Wow, you are good at them. And I can easily believe that the level 9 midi took a while. It was amazing! Nice work Dan!

Sixteen?
If I'm correct, your 17 right now. So wouldn't you have been around 16 years old when you made them?

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Pineconn is a master of the auditory arts, although inferior to me. He could become equal in time though...

Pineconn
06-11-2008, 11:04 PM
One word: Concierto.

Well, Russ, I was maybe even 14 or 15 when I created the earlier MIDIs (I created the Level 1 MIDI after Level 5, actually). Maybe only one or two MIDIs were created when I was 16.

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Concertio was amazing.

Russ
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, Russ, I was maybe even 14 or 15 when I created the earlier MIDIs (I created the Level 1 MIDI after Level 5, actually). Maybe only one or two MIDIs were created when I was 16.
Wow. You are truly a musical genius. Then again, your brother also made some good ones. I guess it runs in the family.

If only I were that good...

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Eh I could teach you how to become like him if you want.

Russ
06-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Eh I could teach you how to become like him if you want.
Could you really? If you can, I'll be impressed. PM me, okay?

Sonic Classic
06-12-2008, 12:18 AM
What exactly would you like help with?

Russ
06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Pineconn, somebody at Pure ZC was playing LttH, and his save file broke. Is it alright for me to send him a version of the quest that will start him up at level 8?

Pineconn
06-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Sure, why not. There's no reason it should have become corrupt unless he is using 2.5...

Russ
06-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Okay, I'll send the file to him then.

sprdave
06-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Great Quest Ok I am stuck on entrance to Lvl 8, got the 4 keys but can't enter the Temple of Winds F1 in L2, whats the trick? or is there another way into the Palace of Spirits in L1 Where?

Russ
06-16-2008, 10:57 PM
First, welcome to ZC!

Second, you need Din's Fire to get into level 8. It can be found in the Palace of Spirits.

kbrunse
06-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Hello,

need some help.... I'm stuck at the entrance of level 4 looking for the key to get to the basement.
I'm know looking at previous post it should be around but I cannot find it.
Could you indicate me exactly where is this first key ?
Is it inside or ouside level 4 ? If it is outside which screen exactly is it ?
Do I need a bomb, walk through the wall, the lamp ?

Thanks

Pineconn lolz
06-17-2008, 09:58 AM
You really need some deeper thematics in your game, P

Dan Furst
06-17-2008, 11:51 AM
kbrunse, bomb the south wall in the east room.

Pineconn lolz
06-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey P's brother.

nindavs
06-21-2008, 08:15 AM
HI all ... this is the second quest of Pineconn that i paly after finishing end of time. Gosh! 58 pages of threads. I'd really love to read all but my curiosity always lead me back to play again ... Have a problem in level 2. I can't find the boss key. I think i know where it is. BUt i can't reach the door since it's blocked and can't reach the trigger (guess i should use my boomer). How can I go all the way without dying because of the spikes? The other way which i thought i can go to the room is from the room that has a dodongo and when u kill it, u can have the key in the box. there is a door to go south, but it is closed. What should i do???
Thanks

Russ
06-21-2008, 12:56 PM
If your in the room I am thinking of, throw the boomerang diagonally (hold down to directions at once when you throw it) to hit the switch and lower the spikes.

Pineconn
06-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow, it looks like somebody has it out to get me. I've never seen a quest rating drop so fast since... End of Time. :eyebrow:

nindavs
06-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Wow, it looks like somebody has it out to get me do u mean me? what did i do wrong??? Sorry anyway :odd::newbie:
and thanks for the tips, i know i need to use my boomer, still haven't succeeded yet. I come from the north of the room (guess we talk about the same room), and still can't throw the boomerang diagonally within such a short place (keep dying of the spikes :sick:
Will give it a try again and again :(

bobrocks95
06-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Pineconn was referring to his quest's rating dropping a considerable amount in such a short time, he wasn't talking about you at all.

nindavs
06-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Yeah ... just realize it :D anyway, pass level 2. Stuck in level 3, haven't found any keys yet. Found the map and compass. Going on ... Btw Pineconn, great quest!! ;) Keeping me busy through nite while hubbie's not here ... :tongue:

nindavs
06-23-2008, 01:28 PM
There is only one key outside of Level 4... directly outside. where is it that u mean by "directly outside"??? :confused: Can anyone help me to be more precisely?? Thx:D:

bobrocks95
06-23-2008, 02:33 PM
There is only one key outside of Level 4... directly outside. where is it that u mean by "directly outside"??? :confused: Can anyone help me to be more precisely?? Thx:D:

If level 4 is the dungeon that's in the snowy mountains area(forget what it's called), then bombs are your friend;).

hinsburg
06-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Errgh... I. Hate. Darknuts.

Anyway, nice quest! The graphics and overworld are pretty good (I'm midway through Level 3 trying to kill a red and blue Darknut at the same time with fireballs shooting at me).

One thing I didn't like was the fact that there was no prompt telling you to get the boomerang. I also found the bombable walls that you could only see the crack from one side kind of annoying, but I got the hang of it pretty quick (you use that trick really often, I noticed). A rarity in trying out quests, I actually knew exactly where to go from the beginning of the quest out. I just had trouble getting there, like going behind those trees in the woods. Somehow I figured out where Level 2 was on the first try.

How far into the game until I get some armor? Because I am being slaughtered by those Darknuts. They go in one direction for awhile but juuust before you slash them they turn around.

Nice work on the quest, anyway.

Elmensajero
06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Before you enter Level 4, you are able to get the Blue Ring. Also, don't chase the darknuts around. Let them come to you while you are standing slightly below them, and slash when they get close before running away again.

nindavs
06-25-2008, 06:05 AM
hi .. thanks for the help. just play again after some times. now stuck in level 5 in block puzzle :uhoh: any suggestion on how to succeed?? :banghead:thanx

nindavs
06-25-2008, 06:13 AM
never mind. found it. not sure if i'll remember how though :rolleyes:

Dan Furst
06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Actually, hinsburg, the man with the Cuccos says to get some bombs and use them in the field, and there's a even person that says to speak to the man with the Cuccos before leaving town.

The hint is there, but it's not vomited at you. :)

Also, if nobody said it yet, welcome.

Eppy
06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Just starting and I am already stuck. Where are the arrows? I have the bow, but no arrows :/

BluescreenODeff
06-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone! This is Bluescreen_ODeff. I started playing your quest I think yessterday, and have finished Level 1. I blew up the statue to get my 8 bombs and accessed the Goron Inn and First Town Inn. How do I get to Level 2? Thanks in advance and God Bless!

Elmensajero
06-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Just starting and I am already stuck. Where are the arrows? I have the bow, but no arrows :/

From the entrance, go east, north, west, west, push the statue and go down the stairs, (if you have not been here yet, go west, kill the enemies, and get the key, then go back east) south, west, south, west, south, west, and west. Kill the Lanmola here and open the chest that appears to get the arrows.

Hi everyone! This is Bluescreen_ODeff. I started playing your quest I think yessterday, and have finished Level 1. I blew up the statue to get my 8 bombs and accessed the Goron Inn and First Town Inn. How do I get to Level 2? Thanks in advance and God Bless!

Keep going up the mountain where the Goron Inn is, and at the top you will come across two bushes with a space between them. Bomb the mountain at that point to enter level 2 (also the tile is slightly different where you are supposed to bomb, but I never noticed it when I played through the quest.)

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

nindavs
06-25-2008, 10:54 PM
-You should be able to gather enough keys through the 1st and 2nd entrances to be able to unlock every door leading to the flippers. (You can't get to the 3rd entrance yet.)- Is there the third entrance for level 5??? Gosh, it's huge!!

Pineconn
06-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Indeed there is. Once you get the flippers, swim to the NE corner of Lake Hylia to find the 3rd entrance.

And Level 5 is tiny compared to some other levels. :evil:

Eppy
06-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Ugh, I need a key to get into level 4(at least the first room) and I think it is an overworld key. Where is it?

bobrocks95
06-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Ugh, I need a key to get into level 4(at least the first room) and I think it is an overworld key. Where is it?

Bombs are your friend. Check the map to see where you haven't been yet on the overworld.

BluescreenODeff
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks a bunch! Have a nice day and God Bless!

From the entrance, go east, north, west, west, push the statue and go down the stairs, (if you have not been here yet, go west, kill the enemies, and get the key, then go back east) south, west, south, west, south, west, and west. Kill the Lanmola here and open the chest that appears to get the arrows.

Keep going up the mountain where the Goron Inn is, and at the top you will come across two bushes with a space between them. Bomb the mountain at that point to enter level 2 (also the tile is slightly different where you are supposed to bomb, but I never noticed it when I played through the quest.)

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Dan Furst
06-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Eppy, bomb the southern wall of the eastern room in Lv. 4.

BluescreenODeff
07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Hello again! I'm in Level 3. I got through the maze, but I seem to be missing a key. At the starting screen, I go right, then downstairs to the dragon screen, go right, then another right. Where do I get the key for this door?

I also have a quesion about the following screen:

From the starting screen, I go up, left, up, left, then up. I see a bunch of blocks that has a treasure chest. I think there should be a way to get through the blocks to get to the treasure chest, because the screen to the right is a dead end from there. (I drew a map as I was playing).

Elmensajero
07-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Hello again! I'm in Level 3. I got through the maze, but I seem to be missing a key. At the starting screen, I go right, then downstairs to the dragon screen, go right, then another right. Where do I get the key for this door?

I also have a quesion about the following screen:

From the starting screen, I go up, left, up, left, then up. I see a bunch of blocks that has a treasure chest. I think there should be a way to get through the blocks to get to the treasure chest, because the screen to the right is a dead end from there. (I drew a map as I was playing).

Well, that chest is the next chest to get, but the screen to the right is not a dead end. From the entrance, go east, downstairs, east, and south. Shoot an arrow into the statue in the topleft corner of the room, and walk across the bridge that forms to go west and get the key from the chest.

Dan Furst
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
(I drew a map as I was playing).

I highly recommend this to anyone who easily gets lost. Which, considering the complexity of the later levels in this quest, is many people. :)

BluescreenODeff
07-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Once again, thanks and God Bless!

Well, that chest is the next chest to get, but the screen to the right is not a dead end. From the entrance, go east, downstairs, east, and south. Shoot an arrow into the statue in the topleft corner of the room, and walk across the bridge that forms to go west and get the key from the chest.

Eppy
07-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, I beat the final boss....twice....but the game crahsed both times before I could see the ending. And yes, I was using Full Screen :/

Elmensajero
07-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, I beat the final boss....twice....but the game crahsed both times before I could see the ending. And yes, I was using Full Screen :/

Hmmm... were you using 2.10 or a 2.50 beta? If 2.10, I have no idea why it would crash using full screen. I never tried the quest in the latest 2.5 beta, but it should be working correctly, I'll test the final boss on it when I get off of work and see if it crashes on me.

Pineconn
07-03-2008, 09:13 PM
The wave warp effect crashes some computers for some reason. It might depend on your OS or graphics card. The wave warp effect never crashes for me in full screen... so I honestly don't know what to say. :shrug:

Eppy
07-03-2008, 09:58 PM

Oh well, I will try it on another computer to see if the problem persists.

BluescreenODeff
07-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Second, the Zora's Cave is in Lake Hylia. Go back to the town, and find an exit that leads to the lake. Use the raft to navigate the lake, and head to the right most side. There will be a cave shaped like a Zora Head sticking out of the water. Go in there. Once inside, head left, and you will come to the king. He will admit you into the Training Grounds.

I went to the right most side of the lake, but found nothing. I'm using ZC version 2.10. The farthest I can get to the northeast is the man telling me the clues. I'm stuck at the junction east of the triforce marker. I've already been south of the triforce marker.

Dan Furst
07-10-2008, 12:34 AM
There is a raft junction shaped like a sideways T. You have to press (or hold) right to go farther to the east.

The posts in the water are shaped like these X's:

XOX
XOO
XOX

BluescreenODeff
07-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks again! This game is awesome; btw. It really does take a while to finish the game; which is good. Have a nice day and God Bless!

mdonne01
07-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Help, please. I'm going at this slowly, but making progress. I seem to be stuck in Level 7. I'm pretty sure I had the key from the man up in the mountain when I entered this level, but would not swear to it at this time. I can tell you that the man in the mountain no longer has it...

I have also gotten the first 5 keys and have gone back and revisited these locations to make sure I didn't get one and then forget to do a save. I've unlocked all the doors I can and cannot seem to go further.

I can make it to room 14 (if I've got the numbers correct) in B2, but don't have a key for the door in there.

Thanks for any help!!!

Dan Furst
07-12-2008, 01:10 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1154750&postcount=111

It's easy to get lost in Level 7. Above is a list of all the keys in 7. Highlight the list a little at a time to see what keys you need for whichever item you are working on obtaining.

hanfmeier
07-12-2008, 04:06 AM
I need some help in level 5. I got both the flippers and the hookshot, and i also got the boss key. But to reach the Boss, i also need one more normal key. I guess it is in the rooms B1-73 and B1-74 (hope i got it right, the two southernmost rooms in B1), which i both can't access. I also can't figure out what to do in the room directly to the right of entrance #1. It is the flooded room with 4 blocks in it.

Edit:
Ah, nevermind, i found it. There were some underwater stairs I thought i already used.

mdonne01
07-12-2008, 09:34 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1154750&postcount=111

It's easy to get lost in Level 7. Above is a list of all the keys in 7. Highlight the list a little at a time to see what keys you need for whichever item you are working on obtaining.

I have the list. I have the list printed out. I have all keys through #5 and am stuck.

Pineconn
07-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Hm... I don't know what to say. Did you use the key up in the mountain in Level 6? Double and triple-check that you have every key up until "You will have enough keys to get the Wand."

mdonne01
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Hm... I don't know what to say. Did you use the key up in the mountain in Level 6? Double and triple-check that you have every key up until "You will have enough keys to get the Wand."

I have checked each location and it would appear that I have all the keys. I can go back and check level 6. Any other suggestions?

Pineconn
07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
If you still can't find a key, I indeed do have a solution. Reply that you can't find the key and I'll be able to solve the problem.

So am I correct in saying that you don't have the wand yet, and you can find a locked door that you cannot go through because you've exhausted all your keys?

mdonne01
07-14-2008, 07:43 PM
If you still can't find a key, I indeed do have a solution. Reply that you can't find the key and I'll be able to solve the problem.

So am I correct in saying that you don't have the wand yet, and you can find a locked door that you cannot go through because you've exhausted all your keys?

That is correct. I don't have the wand yet. There is a locked door that I cannot go through because I've exhausted all of my keys. The door is in B2, room 14, if I've done the room numbers correctly.
Thanks.

Pineconn
07-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Okay, that is the last locked door before the wand. I sent you a PM that will reveal the whereabouts of a super secret key.

EDIT: Please turn on the ability to receive PMs. :tongue: The PM I want to send you is in queue.

hanfmeier
07-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I am missing a key in level 7. I think i know where it is supposed to be (in one of the very old posts you gave a list of all the keys), it is the one in the NW section of B3. I can, however, only acces two of the five rooms down there, the NE room and the entrance room directly south of it (should be rooms B3-01 and B3-11) if. Both rooms have a closed door, and i have no idea how to open one of them, as the lens didn't give me a hint.
Might there be a way to kill the ghini2 in B3-01 to open the door? As far as i know, they can not be harmed...

-=SPOILER=-

Pineconn
07-15-2008, 02:08 PM
A wall panel in Level 7 should have told you that you can kill Ghini 2s with a super bomb.

mdonne01
07-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Okay, that is the last locked door before the wand. I sent you a PM that will reveal the whereabouts of a super secret key.

EDIT: Please turn on the ability to receive PMs. :tongue: The PM I want to send you is in queue.

ok, I turned on PM. did not see any messages yet. I'll be gone for several days, but will check in when I get back. Thanks for your help. All in all, I am having a lot of fun with this game, even though I'm new at it...

hanfmeier
07-16-2008, 06:49 AM
I missed that panel. I backtracked and found it. I wonder why I didn't read it... I finally completed Level 8, got the red armor, all HC pieces, the key inside Lava Cave and entered Level 9. I got the Fireboomerang, and I am eager to continue. But I need a break right now, so I thought i could just thank you for this great quest. ^^

Brasel
07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Great quest so far Pineconn. I'm currently frusterated like hell at level 3, but I'll figure it out. This is the first custom quest I've picked up in a long time and I was pleasantly suprised at how well it was put together.

Pineconn
07-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Trust me, it gets much better. I'm actually fairly disappointed at my early work in Link to the Heavens. :shrug:

Sent the PM to you, mdonne01!

BluescreenODeff
07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Seems I'm stuck again! I'm on Level 6, and the only keys I've found are in F1 71 and F2 65.

I have no extra goodies from that level, and I haven't yet accessed the north side of F1 56, since I need a key.

I have a few questions:

I see that according to Pinneconn, F1 32 has a key. It's the room with the skulls shaped like an up-arrow. But I'm surrounded by blocks. Do I need something extra to push them away?

In the south side of F1 56, I'm blocked by two statues. What do I need to push them up?

Finally, are there any extra items I need outside Level 6 to advance? I already have the cross.

Once again, thank you for a cool game (and long too). God Bless!

Pineconn
07-20-2008, 11:03 PM
F1 32 does have a key, but you can't get it right now. Instead, I think you need the key in F2 21. From the entrance to Level 6, go left, up, left, up, up, up the stairs to F2, then up. The way to the key from here is linear.

BluescreenODeff
07-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Once I get there, two fire bubbles await me to take away my sword and item abilities. What do I do there?