PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Heavens Released

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Nicholas Steel
02-29-2008, 11:50 PM
i got the glove and the wand =) plus half magic and the lens of truth.

Russ
02-29-2008, 11:52 PM
i got the glove and the wand =) plus half magic and the lens of truth.
Now just beat level 7, and head to the sky!

Nicholas Steel
02-29-2008, 11:58 PM
I have a question, is it intended to have both the sword and wand icon appear on the diamonds in the 743 beta with the lens of truth?

Pineconn
03-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Nope. That's another 2.5 glitch.

Russ
03-01-2008, 01:58 AM
Pineconn, this one quest is finding about 20 glitches with 2.5. You should be proud of yourself.

Bobo
03-01-2008, 04:18 PM
A minor problem here- I'm at the fourth dungeon, and I'm lacking a key. There's this three-room area with each requiring keys to get to the next, northwest of the big crystal orb room, past the block puzzle. I dunno whether I'm missing a cracked wall, but I've therally scanned most of the rooms I can access and found nothing. Help is very appreciated
EDIT: I have the magic 'rang, but I think the raft is beyond the key door.

Pineconn
03-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Possible key locations are:

Room 17 - you need to slash the curtains (take NE leg of central room)
Room 36 - take SE leg
Room 26 - take SE leg
Room 25 - take SE leg

Remember, this is how the room numbering system works:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/dngn_ex.gif
For example, the red room would be 14 and the green room would be 75.

Bobo
03-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Ahh, I foolishly didn't think of slashing the curtains. Thanks, Pineconn
Also, there's this chest on a small 4x4 island, that definetly contains a key, and I tried bombing the wall in the room to the south and got no results. The raft won't carry me there either
Also, this is a great quest. Very mind-boggling, as you can see

Nicholas Steel
03-02-2008, 01:01 AM
you will soon enough gain access to said chest.

Pineconn
03-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Also, this is a great quest. Very mind-boggling, as you can see

You haven't gotten to the fun part¹ yet. :evil:

fun part¹ - "Levels 7-9 and boss"

Bobo
03-02-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't see what you mean by "soon", franpa :tongue:, because in one of the following rooms, where wallmasters come out, there's another locked door.
I'm pondering if there's a way to change the way the blocks are positioned so it angles me to the left. Even then I'd crash into the wall and drown ;)

Nicholas Steel
03-02-2008, 04:39 AM
you get it after acquiring a certain item.

bobrocks95
03-02-2008, 11:51 AM
You haven't gotten to the fun part¹ yet. :evil:

fun part¹ - "Levels 7-9 and boss"

How dare you include level 7 as "fun". Maybe fun to you as you sit there and maniacally laugh at those that are in grueling torture trying to beat it.

Pineconn
03-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh yes, Level 7 is very fun to me for that exact reason. Level 7 was a project that went out of control.

Bobo, when you got the raft and you went into those stairs, do you remember coming out into a room with an arrow pointing at a bomb door? Did you blast this bomb door from the other side yet?

Wow, I just realized this thread has over 1000 posts.

collieman
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
does anyone know the thread to go to for help with the lost isle quest?

Russ
03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
How dare you include level 7 as "fun". Maybe fun to you as you sit there and maniacally laugh at those that are in grueling torture trying to beat it.
I found it fun. It actually reminded me of level three of his other quest, End of Time. I used the same strategy I used to get through EoT level three, and I was done with the level in no time.

Pineconn
03-02-2008, 09:18 PM
...You used a strategy in EoT? I find this weird since I created EoT by stream-of-consciousness. :p

I'm thinking about improving the graphics of LttH sometime in the distant future. All I'd do is vary tree color, use better grass, animate tall grass, add detail, etc. I'd leave dungeons mostly alone, though.

Russ
03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
...You used a strategy in EoT? I find this weird since I created EoT by stream-of-consciousness. :p

I'm thinking about improving the graphics of LttH sometime in the distant future. All I'd do is vary tree color, use better grass, animate tall grass, add detail, etc. I'd leave dungeons mostly alone, though.
First: Yes, the dungeons in EoT do follow some sort of pattern.

Second: If you do a graphical update, change Link's sprites! I hate Pure Link! He's so fat and ugly.

bobrocks95
03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't mind pure link. He reminds me of some other link from another game, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Russ
03-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't mind pure link. He reminds me of some other link from another game, but I can't quite put my finger on it...
Link to the Past maybe. Look at my avatar. Does he remind you of that one?

bobrocks95
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I suppose it's somewhat like a fatter LttP Link, maybe.

Russ
03-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I suppose it's somewhat like a fatter LttP Link, maybe.
Well, he's to fat for me. Even Hybrid Link is better looking than Pure Link.

Pineconn
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
too \'tü\ adv. 1. also 2. in excess, very

That is all.

Russ
03-05-2008, 01:29 AM
too \'tü\ adv. 1. also 2. in excess, very

That is all.
I hate too. I always find myself using it the wrong way, and have to correct it before I post. Then I mess it up one time, when it is most important. But we are missing the point.

Pure Link is too fat.

Evan the Great
03-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Ok, I just started playing this quest and I need a fourth key to get any further into level 1. I grabbed the one from that geezer, and 2 from the swamp, one in the top right and one somewhere else (I forgot). Could someone direct me to the last key?

Dan Furst
03-05-2008, 12:52 PM
There are only 3 keys outside of level 1.

Did you get the boomerang?

Evan the Great
03-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah I got the boomerang, theres another locked door in the dungeon that I can't get past though.

EDIT: Ok, I found out where I needed to go, now I need the boss key.

Dan Furst
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Look for cracked walls that you can bomb. There will be many in this quest. Sometimes the crack is on only one side.

Evan the Great
03-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Ok, beat level 1. I can't seem to find level 2, I think I might need a candle or something.

Russ
03-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Go back into the cave with the boomerang. Kill the Ghoma you will find in there, and buy a super bomb from the goron. Use it to blow up the big rock in the northern area of the field. Continue to the Heystone Mountain. Once there, climb to the top, and bomb the wall between the two bushes at the top. And there you are at level two.

Evan the Great
03-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok found it right after I posted. :P

What do I do in the room with the big arrow on the floor? The wall doesn't seem to blow up.

Pineconn
03-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Just pretend that the wall is a regular passage door. ;)

fajz
03-06-2008, 08:18 AM
I can see I don't have much of a chance in level 8 without a stronger sword than the white sword. Can someone help me with the location of the 3rd and 4th swords?

Thanks

FZ

mitchman_93
03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Im a noob at this so can someone tell me how talk to people and get in blue house

Russ
03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Im a noob at this so can someone tell me how talk to people and get in blue house
To talk to people: You can only talk to certain people in the game (ones that are in houses, and the ones in Zora's Domain, and the people inside inns). Just walk in front of them to talk.

To get into the blue house: Go one screen to the left, and climb up the cliff. Then walk on top of the cliff, and enter the house through the chimney.

I can see I don't have much of a chance in level 8 without a stronger sword than the white sword. Can someone help me with the location of the 3rd and 4th swords?

Check the Heavens Trail again to find the third sword. The forth sword isn't in the game though.

Evan the Great
03-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I seem to need the candle to finish level 3, but I can't find it anywhere. Any hints?

Dan Furst
03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Check the Heavens Trail again to find the third sword.

Take the entrance from the desert.

Evan: From the entrance: Right, stairs, right, right, up, up, right, right, down, right, down. You will need some keys that you can get now that you have the ladder.

Evan the Great
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok, got it. But now I'm stuck here.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j238/Evan_the_great/zelda001-9.jpg
I can make it to the end but then I just die. Do I need the hookshot?

bobrocks95
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Just hit the switch in the bottom-right with the boomerang.

Evan the Great
03-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I did that and I was stranded over there and then I fell and got warped back. And then the screen reset.

Russ
03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Evile, you have to run really fast. It's hard, but you can do it.

Edit: Can't you just use the ladder to cross that small pit at the end.

Evan the Great
03-06-2008, 08:47 PM
How can I get to the boss room of level 3? I can't seem to get up there.

Ok, found it and beat it. Onto level 4!

I can't seem to find level 4 anywhere. I found a new sword and a new wallet but no level 4.

Bobo
03-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Haven't played this for a week due to school projects.
BTW, I went through the cracked wall and tried bombing the wall directly north of the chest, but it didn't go down.
Also, where'd you get the white sword, I've been really curious on how to find that.

Russ
03-06-2008, 11:45 PM
How can I get to the boss room of level 3? I can't seem to get up there.

Ok, found it and beat it. Onto level 4!

I can't seem to find level 4 anywhere. I found a new sword and a new wallet but no level 4.
You will need another super bomb. Then, burn the red bush in the northern part of South Hyrule Field. Follow the path, until you come to a house with a rock in front of it. Super bomb it, and then walk through. You will arive at the Volcanic Wastelands. Once the glorious Hyrule Castle, this area has been flooded with lava from deep below the earth. Go east, until you come to another house. Go through there to reach the snowy platue. Just explore around there, and you can find the blue ring and, one screen left of the top right corner, level 4.

And Bobo, the white sword is in the sky. Go to the top of Heystone Mountain, and look for a ladder reaching into the clouds. From there, follow the path to the white sword.

Pineconn
03-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Heystone

Hestone. Not Heystone. Hestone.

:)

Russ
03-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Hestone. Not Heystone. Hestone.

:)
I messed that up again? Dang. :banghead: When will I get it right? By the way, the lava in the Volcanic Wastland is comeing from EoT's underworld, right? Because Ganon is trapped down there, and now he is trying to escape. Am I right. Or did you not even give it that much thought?

Evan the Great
03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I can't seem to get anywhere in the Snowy Plateau. Where do I go?

Russ
03-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I can't seem to get anywhere in the Snowy Plateau. Where do I go?
If you look everywhere, you will notice paths, enemy triggered secrets, ocarina playing spots hidden under bushes and stuff like that. Basically, start out going east and work your way northeast.

Pineconn
03-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Did you find a crack in the mountain? If so, bomb it open. You'll find a cave inside, which happens to be where you need to go.

Evan the Great
03-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I explored in there tons and can't seem to find anything useful. Maybe I'll look harder.

Pineconn
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
You should see that there are two entrances to the cave. The left is blocked by the retracting blocks (until you activate the switches on the other side). Therefore, from the right entrance, go to the right one screen, where you need to fall down a certain pit so you can continue.

fajz
03-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Is the fire boomerang and gold arrow in level 9 or do I have to find them before going to level 9? There's a room in level 9 where you can't go north without being hit by the bubbles that take button "B" away and you need to use the Hammer to go north from that room. The only way I can figure to get around these bubbles is use the Fire Boomer. Little help please and thanks.

FZ

Dan Furst
03-11-2008, 03:56 PM
That's exactly right. Both of those items are in 9.

Bobbie
03-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I have been all through these threads looking for help in the Palace of Spirits and I can't find anyone that had trouble there like I do. I have done about 7 rooms in there and I am at a dead end with no way to get any farther. What am I missing because I am apparently missing something. :banghead:

Pineconn
03-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Are you blocked by a locked door? If you are, you need to find the keys scattered about the Overcast Heavens.

Are you stumped by the Red Wizzrobe puzzle? If so, click [here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1159960&postcount=638)].

fajz
03-12-2008, 07:56 AM
OK it's getting pretty boring walking around the same 15 or 20 rooms in level 9. Would someone help me get going by helping me find the fire boom or golden arrow?

Thanks

FZ

fasciron
03-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone I'm a big Zelda (and ZClassic fan) and I'm stuck in this quest...
I really can't find Zora's Cave/Training Ground, would anyone mind pointing out specifically where it is?It would be a big help.

Thanks in advance

Russ
03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Hello everyone I'm a big Zelda (and ZClassic fan) and I'm stuck in this quest...
I really can't find Zora's Cave/Training Ground, would anyone mind pointing out specifically where it is?It would be a big help.

Thanks in advance
Well, first, welcome to the Zelda Classic forums!

Second, the Zora's Cave is in Lake Hylia. Go back to the town, and find an exit that leads to the lake. Use the raft to navigate the lake, and head to the right most side. There will be a cave shaped like a Zora Head sticking out of the water. Go in there. Once inside, head left, and you will come to the king. He will admit you into the Training Grounds.

stigmata242
03-12-2008, 01:17 PM
You should see that there are two entrances to the cave. The left is blocked by the retracting blocks (until you activate the switches on the other side). Therefore, from the right entrance, go to the right one screen, where you need to fall down a certain pit so you can continue.

I've made it this far, have explored most of the snowy plateau, found the bomb upgrade, heart container, blue mail and the entrance to F1 of the Crystal castle, but for the absolute life of me, I can't find the entrance to B1 of the castle that is apparently the actual entrance to the level. Can someone give me some ideas of what I might be missing? If F1 is the right place to be in, and the key is right outside, I'm completely lost as to where.

Also, does the candle actually work on any of the bushes in the snowy plateau? I've tried it on a number of them, but haven't had any of them work. Thanks!

Russ
03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
So, you too are stumped with the key puzzle. Enter the Crystal Shrine, and head right. Bomb the southern wall, and head back outside. You will find the key there.

stigmata242
03-12-2008, 01:50 PM
So, you too are stumped with the key puzzle. Enter the Crystal Shrine, and head right. Bomb the southern wall, and head back outside. You will find the key there.

Tricky, tricky...that makes things much easier. Thanks!

Russ
03-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Tricky, tricky...that makes things much easier. Thanks!
You're welcome! And you would be surprised how many people get stumped by that. I was only able to figure it out because I know that Pineconn has a love for bombable walls with keys hidden behind them.

Dan Furst
03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
fajz: From the entrance: Up, up, left, (top) right, right, up, right, down, stairs, up, up, up, left, up, stairs, left, down, left, up, left, left. Phew!

fajz
03-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks Dan for the help finding the Fire Boomer. Now I'm in a room on the second floor I think it is room 35. It has 2 sets of blocks where the outside two sets are up or the middle set is up. There are two caldron's where you shoot with the wand too get the sets of blocks to change which ones are up. If that makes any sense....How do you get thru this room? it's a cool puzzle but I can't seem to figure it out. Little help please.

Toe-Knee
03-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks Dan for the help finding the Fire Boomer. Now I'm in a room on the second floor I think it is room 35. It has 2 sets of blocks where the outside two sets are up or the middle set is up. There are two caldron's where you shoot with the wand too get the sets of blocks to change which ones are up. If that makes any sense....How do you get thru this room? it's a cool puzzle but I can't seem to figure it out. Little help please.

I believe you're referring to the torch lamps on the left and right. You need to shoot your wand twice on both sides less than 1 second apart and start heading up right away. The blocks will then change twice allowing you to go up.

fasciron
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM
hi everyone. I´m stuck because i cant find zoras cave, i've found two of the three keys necessary to enter level 5 but i can't find zoras cave. I've navigated through lake Hilia using all the raft possible routs but still i cant find the cave. Can anyone tell me step by step how to get there cause its getting a bit frustating as I have navigated the lake for like 100 times!! Thank you

Dan Furst
03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Do you know about raft branches? There is a place where you raft between a set of posts in the water. Looks like:

.X.X.
.X...
.X.X.
where periods are water and X's are posts. Press or hold right when you get in the middle.

Pineconn
03-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Basically, enter the giant fish's mouth. :rolleyes:

@ fajz: Yeah, just fire the wand to the left and to the right quickly, then run up to the northern door. Everything will happen right before your eyes.

Bobbie
03-16-2008, 10:56 AM
in level 8 f1 there is a room at the top of the map, 3rd one to the right. do you have to drop a bomb at the crystal and run to the right before it goes off? or do you have to time it so it goes off and you use the hookshot to pull you there?

edit: ok nevermind i finished level 8. it didnt seem to be as hard as 7, just for the record

I am stuck in this same place, but unlike Colieman, I can't figure out how to get the blocks down to hookshot across or is there another way?

Pineconn
03-16-2008, 02:27 PM
First, you have to bomb the gray crystal switch. Pull out your hookshot and fire it so that the tip is between the two columns of blocks as soon as the blocks revert to their original position. This, of course, takes excellent timing to do.

If you can't do this, you can just use a super bomb on the switch. You'd have to place the super bomb about 1.5 to 2 tiles to the right of the switch (so you can be as close to the blocks as possible). Before the super bomb goes off, you need to get between the blocks. You can't use this procedure with a normal bomb, of course. However, this puzzle was designed for you to use the hookshot.

SpacemanDan
03-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm currently stuck in level 1. I found the 2 keys in the swamp, but need another key to continue. I've searched over and over, and can't find the key I need. (The only keys I've used are the ones to get into level 1.)

Pineconn
03-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, you need three keys to enter Level 1. They are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/level1key1.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/level1key2.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/level1key3.png

In the first shot, the chest is directly below Link. It's easy to see the chest in the second shot, and the key is in the house in the third shot.

SpacemanDan
03-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Argh! I must have misread. I thought I only needed two... Oh well, I'll recheck the swamp. Thanks for the help! :D

patrickab7
03-16-2008, 07:27 PM
First, you have to bomb the gray crystal switch. Pull out your hookshot and fire it so that the tip is between the two columns of blocks as soon as the blocks revert to their original position. This, of course, takes excellent timing to do.

If you can't do this, you can just use a super bomb on the switch. You'd have to place the super bomb about 1.5 to 2 tiles to the right of the switch (so you can be as close to the blocks as possible). Before the super bomb goes off, you need to get between the blocks. You can't use this procedure with a normal bomb, of course. However, this puzzle was designed for you to use the hookshot.

Go fig, I always just used the superbomb...

-PB

Dan Furst
03-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I think I discussed this puzzle with Pineconn, and we agreed that using a super bomb would be an OK alternative, as long as you are willing to spare one.

The switch could have been placed one more tile to the left, but this option was left for those with poorer reflexes.

patrickab7
03-17-2008, 01:04 PM
*shrug* Personally, I just never thought to use the hookshot...

Dan Furst
03-17-2008, 03:03 PM
You didn't notice the white block over there on the right? :)

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Even so, it's still pretty difficult to do it with the hookshot. You'd have to use probably at least six bombs before you time it perfectly. I wonder if I could make the gap 1½ tiles wide....

Russ
03-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Even so, it's still pretty difficult to do it with the hookshot. You'd have to use probably at least six bombs before you time it perfectly.
Then make sure you give the player plenty of bombs. :)

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, you can have twenty bombs by then. (Which means five super bombs for the "cheating" method. ;))

Russ
03-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, you can have twenty bombs by then. (Which means five super bombs for the "cheating" method. ;))
Good point.

And now, although I now you have probably had enough of my ranting about the storyline, I have another question about it. Why is the trifroce split into eight peices in the first place? After End of Time, you'ld think Link and Zelda would put it in some shatter proof box and hide it, not leave it to be shattered and scattered throughout Hyrule all over again.

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 04:16 PM
The same reason that it was split in the first game...

...and that the Crystals were scattered in the second game...

...and that the Maidens were "scattered" in the third game...

...and that the Instruments were scattered in the fourth game...

...and that the Medallions were scattered in the fifth game...

...and that the Remains were "scattered" in the sixth game...

...and that the Triforce was scattered in the tenth game...

...and that the Elements were scattered in the twelfth game...

...and that the Fused Shadows and shards of the Mirror of Twilight were scattered in the thirteenth game.

bobrocks95
03-17-2008, 05:00 PM

...and that the Fused Shadows and shards of the Mirror of Twilight were scattered in the thirteenth game.

? Do I have my order wrong on Zelda games? Or are you including spin-offs, like 4 swords? Isn't it:

1)The Legend of Zelda- NES
2)The Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link- NES
3)The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past- SNES
4)The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening- GB
5)The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- N64
6)The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask- N64
7)The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons- GBC
8)The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages- GBC
9)The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- GC
10)The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap- GBA
11)The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- GC/Wii
12)The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass- DS

I'm guessing that you have 4 Swords and 4 Swords Adventures plugged in there, right?

Russ
03-17-2008, 05:15 PM

So then, you're saying that Ganon (or Vaati) attacked Hyrule Castle, and Zelda shattered the triforce, and the peices landed in the temples?

And technically, the crystals weren't scattered in the second game. Link had them all, and was trying to find the altars to put them in. And in the fifth game, the medallions weren't scattered, but the sages were in different parts of Hyrule.

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 05:19 PM
...and that the Crystals needed to be scattered in the second game...

There you go.

9)The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- GC
10)The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap- GBA
11)The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- GC/Wii
12)The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass- DS

I'm guessing that you have 4 Swords and 4 Swords Adventures plugged in there, right?

Yeah. I consider FS to be the ninth, TWW to be the tenth, FSA to be the eleventh, TMC to be the twelfth, TP to be the thirteenth, and PH to be the fourteenth.

bobrocks95
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
FSA was fun... I need to find that in my basement's game room again...

Russ
03-17-2008, 05:30 PM
FSA was fun... I need to find that in my basement's game room again...
I need to find it. I want to play it so much.

By the way Pineconn, which Zelda game most influenced you when you made LttH?

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Isle of the Winds. :p

Russ
03-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Isle of the Winds. :p
I knew that. I mean which official Zelda game.

Revfan9
03-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Isle of the Winds ripped off a lot from TWW.

Russ
03-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Isle of the Winds ripped off a lot from TWW.
So then this quest was inspired by WW, yet there is no ocean in the whole game. Wow. :)

Revfan9
03-17-2008, 08:34 PM
I wasn't saying that LttH was inspired by WW. I was saying that IotW was inspired by WW. Actually, I've yet to even play LttH. Been busy on my own things, I should get around to trying it sometime.

bobrocks95
03-17-2008, 08:42 PM
What!!!!!! Shun the non-believer!!!!!!

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 08:54 PM
I wasn't saying that LttH was inspired by WW. I was saying that IotW was inspired by WW. Actually, I've yet to even play LttH. Been busy on my own things, I should get around to trying it sometime.

If you do, let me say that you won't be impressed graphically (especially by the overworlds). Considering your standards, you'll likely hate them. Instead, the focus of this quest was on the puzzles (especially in the last few dungeons) and ingenuity.

Russ
03-17-2008, 08:55 PM
If you do, let me say that you won't be impressed graphically (especially by the overworlds). Considering your standards, you'll likely hate them. Instead, the focus of this quest was on the puzzles (especially in the last few dungeons) and ingenuity.
You can say that again. Not so much about the graphics (which I like), but it seems you traded in storyline for gameplay. Puzzles=10/10. Story=5/10.

Revfan9
03-17-2008, 08:56 PM
...Now one thing I don't understand is why people keep looking at me and thinking that all I care about is graphics. They're important yes, but in the end if the level design sucks the graphics don't matter. Need an example? Twilight Princess.

Russ
03-17-2008, 08:58 PM
...Now one thing I don't understand is why people keep looking at me and thinking that all I care about is graphics. They're important yes, but in the end if the level design sucks the graphics don't matter. Need an example? Twilight Princess.
I though TP was good in terms of dungeon design and graphics.

And by the way, people keep thinking you care only about graphics because you often rebuke people for their use of graphics.

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I wasn't saying that you care about only graphics... sorry if it was implied. Well, the graphics are good enough to pass, I'd say. Parts of the overworld were created quickly and by stream-of-consciousness. You'll have a "rousing good time" in Levels 5 and up (not saying the first four are bad or anything, but they don't have many advanced features or puzzles).

My next quest will be balanced much better.

EDIT: 7200 posts to go...

Revfan9
03-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I though TP was good in terms of dungeon design and graphics.

And by the way, people keep thinking you care only about graphics because you often rebuke people for their use of graphics.

I thought that TP was boring and full of gimmicks. It focused so much on production values that they forgot to make the game amusing. Phantom Hourglass was even worse 'cuz PH didn't even have any good production values.

I tell people what's wrong with their graphics when they show screenshots because that's what a screenshot is. It's pure graphics. You can't draw anything else about the game from a screenshot. They give me graphics to comment on, so I comment on the graphics. Simple as that.

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Some parts are boring:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/forexample.gif

...while some parts are arguably better:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/forexample2.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/forexample3.gif

Eh, whatever. I started out in the original Pure Tileset (no fancy grass, no fancy mountains), so I worked with what I had. But that's the style of the game, and it's consistant throughout.

Russ
03-17-2008, 09:21 PM
I actually found Hyrule Field to be quite fun. It was open, but fun.

Revfan9
03-17-2008, 09:34 PM
k, just picked it up. Stupid question. Can't find the sword. The one chick said it was in the blue house, but the door is closed. I tried bombing it, didn't work. I know this has probably been answered before, but I don't feel like looking through 44 pages.

Russ
03-17-2008, 09:36 PM
k, just picked it up. Stupid question. Can't find the sword. The one chick said it was in the blue house, but the door is closed. I tried bombing it, didn't work. I know this has probably been answered before, but I don't feel like looking through 44 pages.
Wow, I think this is the sixth time I've answered this question. Go one screen to the left of the blue house. Climb up the vines. Then walk along the top of the cliff, and fall through the houses chimney.

Revfan9
03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
k, I found the 3 keys in the swamp and went into level 1, but there are 4 locks, and I can't find the 4th key anywhere.

Russ
03-17-2008, 10:22 PM
k, I found the 3 keys in the swamp and went into level 1, but there are 4 locks, and I can't find the 4th key anywhere.
When you get to the room with the fourth locked door, bomb the left wall. Oh, and make sure you have to boomerang before you get into the level (find it by bombing the northern wall of the first screen in a cave in Hyrule Field).

Revfan9
03-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Ugh, I hate when quest designers have hidden bomb walls that are necessary to get through the dungeon. Seriously, how are you supposed to guess that? I mean, it's not even like OoT where you can slash at the walls to find the weak points, so to find it you have to waste bombs going at every wall until you find it. It just pisses me off. Thanks tho, I'll give an opinion on the quest after I finish the first dungeon.

EDIT: New question. Before I walk all the way back to town to check, do I have to buy the arrow, or can I find it somewhere in the dungeon? If so, where?

Russ
03-18-2008, 12:19 AM
The arrows are hidden somewhere in the level. And just so you know, Pineconn loves bombable walls. But, most of the time, the wall is cracked. But sometimes, you will only be able to see the crack from one side of the wall.

Revfan9
03-18-2008, 03:44 AM
I beat level 1 and I just started on level 2, not going to play any more of it tonight. Keep in mind that this is only my initial impression, but...

Graphics. They're pure. They don't make my eyes bleed when I look at them, but they definitely aren't the best. I've said it myself that graphics aren't the most important aspect of a game, but they are important, and the lack of graphical beauty knocks points off of the score.

Music. Oh. My. God. Unlike the graphics, which are poor but bearable, the music choice in this quest is easily the worst that I've ever heard in my entire life. High-Pitched tones and repetitive, generally annoying instruments everywhere. I seriously couldn't take it, I had to mute it after a few minutes. Now to be fair, I'm not that far into the quest so I haven't heard the entire music score, but still. Awful awful awful.

Storyline. One word? Underdeveloped. Again, it's not exactly important, you can have a great game without a storyline at all, but the fact that the storyline here is practically nonexistant still shaves off points for me. I haven't played very far, but I have a feeling that this is as deep as the plot gets.

Last but not least, Gameplay. The area design seems... unpolished. It really feels like you just put lots of bushes everywhere just so you wouldn't have to leave the OWs empty. The overworlds also feel quite artificial, like they're just a maze that's set out. It feels more like you're going along a path rather than trying to explore. The first dungeon was also... linear. A lot of the "puzzles" you put in were more guesswork than they were anything else, like the blank wall you're suppossed to know to bomb for no reason I mentioned earlier, as well as the eyeball statue you can push out of the way. It also feels like, with the dungeons and overworlds alike, that you used backtracking more as a lengthening tool than as a gameplay element.

And one more thing, a lot of stuff in your quest so far is just plain hard. And I don't mean hard as in challenging, like a nice logic puzzle, I mean hard as in just flat-out stupid, like trying to dodge a wall of bullets. Like the first boss, for example. You have to get directly under the Blue Ghoma while it's eye is open just to get a single hit in, and it and it's fireballs pretty much kill you instantly if they so much as graze you slightly. It wouldn't be such a problem if you didn't make the bossfight room so damn small. Seriously, it's nearly impossible to maneuver. It's not so much a test of reflexes as it is that you just keep dying until you get a run up against him where luck is enough in your favor where you'll actually stand a chance. That's not challenge, that's just bad design. At least you start right back over again in the same room when you die, I would probably have given the quest up if I had to walk all the way back through all of that crap every time... Then there's the issue with level 2. I've given up playing it for the night because that conveyor belt just flat-out pisses me off. You have to dodge those traps that are right next to you, except you can't just stand still until it's safe to go on because you're on a conveyor belt. So you just keep taking damage and get knocked back until you die. Then you die again. Die. Die. Die. Die die die die die die.

Dan Furst
03-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Every bomb wall has a crack. Some are on only one side.

I wonder if your MIDI device is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth? The music sounds fine with that device.

Can't say I ever died on that Gohma.

Pineconn
03-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Ugh, I hate when quest designers have hidden bomb walls that are necessary to get through the dungeon. Seriously, how are you supposed to guess that?

Had you gone one up from the start...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda017.png

...you'd have seen the cracked wall on the right. Use your noggin.

Thanks tho, I'll give an opinion on the quest after I finish the first dungeon.

You're not going to want to do that. The first half of the quest is full of meh.

Oops, you already did.

Music. Oh. My. God. Unlike the graphics, which are poor but bearable, the music choice in this quest is easily the worst that I've ever heard in my entire life. High-Pitched tones and repetitive, generally annoying instruments everywhere. I seriously couldn't take it, I had to mute it after a few minutes. Now to be fair, I'm not that far into the quest so I haven't heard the entire music score, but still. Awful awful awful.

I wonder if your MIDI device is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth? The music sounds fine with that device.

Yeah, it seems like your MIDI device is at fault. Go into your computer's Control Panel, and open up Sounds and Audio Devices. Click the Audio tab. The third area down will let you change your MIDI device. If you have only one... then you're stuck with it.

[This (http://www.2shared.com/file/3008051/d5c4c986/LttH_-_Level_1_MP3.html)] is what Level 1 is supposed to sound like. Completely ignore that I called it an MP3, because it's not. ;) If you still think it sounds "annoying," then I guess you hate music.

I haven't played very far, but I have a feeling that this is as deep as the plot gets.

Completely correct.

A lot of the "puzzles" you put in were more guesswork than they were anything else, like the blank wall you're suppossed to know to bomb for no reason I mentioned earlier, as well as the eyeball statue you can push out of the way.

I already told you about the bomb wall. About the eyeball statue, had you read the LttH text file, you would have known that blocks are pushed on the cross-thatched floor tiles. Pretty much every cross-thatched floor tile next to an object means that you can push something onto it, really.

You have to get directly under the Blue Ghoma while it's eye is open just to get a single hit in, and it and it's fireballs pretty much kill you instantly if they so much as graze you slightly.

Then there's the issue with level 2. I've given up playing it for the night because that conveyor belt just flat-out pisses me off. You have to dodge those traps that are right next to you, except you can't just stand still until it's safe to go on because you're on a conveyor belt. So you just keep taking damage and get knocked back until you die. Then you die again. Die. Die. Die. Die die die die die die.

Are you new to ZC?

EDIT: If you need a video showing you how to get past the conveyors/proving that it is doable, click [here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-IrAOJgDE)].

You just passed up a video showing you how to get past the conveyors/proving that it is doable!

wkz
03-18-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm on Level 8 right now. I think the Quest is GREAT! I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time that you put into this. I think the music is very good and sets the appropriate mood. The graphics are bright and sharp.

My only negative feedback is that the Quest is a little too hard (for me at least) in the beginning. I would have liked to have had more detailed advice in the beginning of the game. Perhaps dialogue boxes in the first dungeon. Just my opinion...

But overall, you have done an AMAZING job Pineconn!

bobrocks95
03-18-2008, 05:03 PM
It is a very bad move to grade LttH based on the first 2 dungeons. The overworld and dungeons' quality improve as you further your progression.

Pineconn
03-18-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm just reiterating, watch [this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-IrAOJgDE)] video of Level 2! :)

Ooooh, thread post #1111.

Delrossy
03-18-2008, 05:47 PM
off topic, but why when i push my left or right direction arrows does it switch my sub wpn ? i move left or right and my boomerang and bombs keep switching back and forth from one another, it has gotten me killed too many times now for me not to ask here. lol ty ^^

bobrocks95
03-18-2008, 06:21 PM
That... Should not happen. Are you using 2.10? Have you checked your configuration to make sure that A and B aren't set to the same keys as L and R? Because L and R rotate through your items.

Delrossy
03-18-2008, 06:24 PM
cool changed L and R to other keys and it fixed it, i feel really stupid but ty! lol. btw this is fun n challenging so far!

Delrossy
03-18-2008, 06:35 PM
im having the same problem evan, cant fine the boss key for lvl 1. I am stuck at the screen with boss key door in view, and another door to the north but two blocks are not allowing me to pass.

P.S. would be easier if I could show u screenie, but I dont know where the screenies are saved :S

Revfan9
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Actually, the MIDI sounds exactly like that WMA on my system. It's just annoying drums. Maybe it's just that you and me have different taste, but I still hate the music.

And note that I said an opinion. I'll form another one after I finish, if and when I do so. It's also inexcusable that the beginning of the game is lackluster. Actually, in some ways it's more important for the beginning of the game to be good than for the end to be good, because the first couple of dungeons is what the first impression of the game is. The second dungeon and onward can be the greatest game to ever exist, but if the first dungeon is incredibly bad, the player will just get bored really fast and not want to play onward. I honestly really don't want to keep playing.

Pineconn
03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Fine then. If you don't want to play it, I don't want you to play it. There's no reason for you to continue if you don't want to. It's a bit of a shame, though.

im having the same problem evan, cant fine the boss key for lvl 1. I am stuck at the screen with boss key door in view, and another door to the north but two blocks are not allowing me to pass.

P.S. would be easier if I could show u screenie, but I dont know where the screenies are saved :S

(Screenshots are saved in the Zelda Classic folder.)

I know what screen you're talking about. You have to shoot the large eyeball statue with an arrow, then the blocks will disappear.

Delrossy
03-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Is the goron zone where the 2nd dungeon is located? i completed the first dungeon and went back to town but no one gave advice.

Pineconn
03-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Indeed. One of the Gorons in Hestone Mountain will tell you where the entrance of Level 2 is specifically in the mountain, so heed his advice.

Delrossy
03-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I really need my hand held throughout this game lol. I havent played a game that requires this much concentration aside from WoW in a very long time ^_^

Right now I am stuck again (surprising isnt it?) in level 2 this time, I see a lotof notes everywhere which I assume require the ocarina to utilize, but I do not have an ocarina yet. I am stuck at the room with all the directional blocks.

P.S. I found my screen shots and yet another road block, I have no clue how to upload them into forum reply!! lol

Napsterbater
03-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Love the quest Pineconn. You're puzzles really had me scratching my head. A few times I've had to consult this thread to get answers to. I never realized the push blocks in the cave in Sparsi desert were actually push blocks, so I went to the maze thinking just of four blocks labeled 1 2 3 4 with no way to figure out directions. I thought it was some kind of code, lol. Also getting past that puzzle in the beginning of the temple before level eight where you had to let the wizzrobe shoot the switch had me combing the thread too.

The thing that's really been bugging the shit out of me seems to be some kind of bug in the game. Sometimes I'll stop playing, hit save, then let the screen sit at the choose character-game screen til I come back to it. Well, sometimes it won't save and I find myself having to do significant portions of the dungeon I'm in again. It happened when I was in level seven, and it just happened again in level eight. I was tearing my hair out, as those are the two dungeons I want it happening the least in. Is there some kind of bug regarding that and a workaround? I don't want it happening in the middle of level nine!

radder1
03-19-2008, 01:05 PM
I am in level 9 and have the fire boomerang and golden arrow. I got to a room in the NE corner of B1 (the one just after all the warps) and need another key. I swear I found them all up to this point, but where is the key for this lock? I'm not sure if there is some trigger in the room itself?

Pineconn
03-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I really need my hand held throughout this game lol. I havent played a game that requires this much concentration aside from WoW in a very long time ^_^

Right now I am stuck again (surprising isn't it?) in level 2 this time, I see a lotof notes everywhere which I assume require the ocarina to utilize, but I do not have an ocarina yet. I am stuck at the room with all the directional blocks.

You mean this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda018-1.png

You can see there are three horizontal push blocks, one up-only push block, and a multi-directional push block. Immediately push the upper horizontal push block to the right. Then, push the middle horizontal push block to the left twice, then the lower horizontal push block to the right. Push the up-only push block up once. You can now manuever the multi-directional push block onto the switch.

P.S. I found my screen shots and yet another road block, I have no clue how to upload them into forum reply!! lol

Create an account at Photobucket (www.photobucket.com). You'll be able to upload lots of media goodies with it.

Sometimes I'll stop playing, hit save, then let the screen sit at the choose character-game screen til I come back to it.

Hm... I don't know what to say. It definitely isn't a problem of the quest, nor have I ever encountered this with any quest. What version are you using, and are you absolutely sure you're hitting save instead of retry?

I am in level 9 and have the fire boomerang and golden arrow. I got to a room in the NE corner of B1 (the one just after all the warps) and need another key. I swear I found them all up to this point, but where is the key for this lock? I'm not sure if there is some trigger in the room itself?

Do you remember the "room" that has a ton of direct warps? (It is the room before the room with the locked door in question.) Well, you actually warp between two separate rooms. Notice that there is another door to the left in the "second" room of this puzzle. Go through it and a few more rooms to get the Magic Key.

Russ
03-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Revfan, I don't see how you can dislike the music. It's amazing! Well, one or two annoyed me a little bit, but they rest were amazing! Especially level 9. Pineconn, you should release the midis one year after the quest's release date, so that people can use them, but your quest still have plenty of time to have them featured exclusively.

Pineconn
03-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Revfan, I don't see how you can dislike the music. It's amazing! Well, one or two annoyed me a little bit, but they rest were amazing! Especially level 9. Pineconn, you should release the midis one year after the quest's release date, so that people can use them, but your quest still have plenty of time to have them featured exclusively.

Which, in particular, annoyed you?

Russ
03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Which, in particular, annoyed you?
I don't remember. I just remember being annoyed sometimes. :tongue: Wait, I think it was the scene where Vaati explodes. The sudden onslaught of notes at the end was unnecessary. It starts out playing victory music, and then WHAM!, it sounds like somebody sat on top of a piano.

Pineconn
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Aaaah. You mean this one (http://www.2shared.com/file/3015025/52e26a35/Explosion.html)?

That was supposed to be annoying. The first chords are to signify that you won, but the dissonant chord at the end went with the flashing screen to signify that Vaati exploded and/or died.

AlphaDawg
03-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Ugh, I hate when quest designers have hidden bomb walls that are necessary to get through the dungeon. Seriously, how are you supposed to guess that? I mean, it's not even like OoT where you can slash at the walls to find the weak points, so to find it you have to waste bombs going at every wall until you find it. It just pisses me off. Thanks tho, I'll give an opinion on the quest after I finish the first dungeon.Wow, you must have hated Zelda 1, what with its dozens of bombable walls, none of which were indicated by cracked walls or anything like that. The only time I have a problem with this is if there aren't any enemies likely to drop bombs nearby.

I just downloaded this and started playing it under Beta 758. So far no problems. Should some come up, I'll let you know. I can't run 2.10 under Vista to my satisfaction so it's really my only option.

Pineconn
03-19-2008, 09:58 PM
There aren't any bombable walls, I don't think, that have absolutely no indication that they are in fact bombable. There might be one or two, but you should be able to infer that they are bombable.

Beta 758 isn't a good one to use... As you already know, there are a plethora of item-related bugs (as well as many others). My personal suggestion would be to wait until the next beta is released, which should be very soon. I'll do some prodding. :poke:

But if you, unlike Revfan, decide to play on, you'll know where to ask. And I'll know where to ask if I get stuck in Level 3 of Sarpadia. ;)

Beckyj4
03-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Well, I got into level 2 but can't find the Ocarina, and got as far as I can go without it. I read thru 18 pages on here, and couldn't find anything, so if this has already been answered, I'm sorry I missed the answer. Just too tired to read the rest.

AlphaDawg
03-20-2008, 01:44 AM
There aren't any bombable walls, I don't think, that have absolutely no indication that they are in fact bombable. There might be one or two, but you should be able to infer that they are bombable.

Beta 758 isn't a good one to use... As you already know, there are a plethora of item-related bugs (as well as many others). My personal suggestion would be to wait until the next beta is released, which should be very soon. I'll do some prodding. :poke:

But if you, unlike Revfan, decide to play on, you'll know where to ask. And I'll know where to ask if I get stuck in Level 3 of Sarpadia. ;)If you have a map of the level (or make good use of the map Link draws by himself) and have some common sense, you should be able to find most bombable doors I think.

Anyway, I just finished Level 2, got the White Sword, and found Level 3. No problems with 758 so far other than the enemies dropping garbled 10-rupy pieces, which I find to be an asset... :)

Are you saying you're stuck somewhere in Level 3 of Sarpadia?

Beckyj4
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
If you have a map of the level (or make good use of the map Link draws by himself) and have some common sense, you should be able to find most bombable doors I think.

Anyway, I just finished Level 2, got the White Sword, and found Level 3. No problems with 758 so far other than the enemies dropping garbled 10-rupy pieces, which I find to be an asset... :)

Are you saying you're stuck somewhere in Level 3 of Sarpadia?

I tried to go to your link to get Sarpedia, but nothing happens. (I have dial up and it is slow, but I waited a loooong time.) Is there another place to get it? Hopefully it isn't as hard as LtH??

stigmata242
03-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I seem to be stuck in either room 42 or 24 (can't remember which way to count) in B1 of the Vapor Bog. It's the room with four movable candles and a lake in the middle; I'm sure there's some configuration I need to put the candles in, but don't see any indicators as to what they might be. Forgive me if this has been asked ad nauseum. Thanks in advance!

Dan Furst
03-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Push the torches until they stop and dive where they cross. It's just a rupee though.

stigmata242
03-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Push the torches until they stop and dive where they cross. It's just a rupee though.

Shoot. I was hoping that was the last key I needed. Guess I'll keep looking around until I find it. Thanks Dan!

AlphaDawg
03-21-2008, 12:10 AM
I tried to go to your link to get Sarpedia, but nothing happens. (I have dial up and it is slow, but I waited a loooong time.) Is there another place to get it? Hopefully it isn't as hard as LtH??If the link in my signature is taking forever you can always try the Quest DB. The fighting is more difficult in Sarpadia but the puzzles aren't nearly as twisted.

So this post doesn't serve as a total threadjack let me take this opportunity to update my progress in LttH. I just finished Level 5 and am wandering around the overworld(s) trying to figure out where to go next. I'll find out eventually I'm sure.

Dan Furst
03-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Just in case: -=SPOILER=-

radder1
03-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Well after 81 deaths and 28 hours of play, I finally made it! (Although I don't remember how I did it all) I must say, Pineconn, that this quest was definitely one of the best I've ever played. The dungeons were fun and very challenging and the overworld was well designed and tricky. I appreciate all the time you put into developing the quest and can only say great job and THANK YOU!

jeffbentley
03-22-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm a newbie and I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong but when playing this quest I can't talk to any one I walk up to and I can't find the first sword you need to get started. Any help? Anyone? Thanks!

newfire01
03-23-2008, 02:37 AM
I'm a newbie and I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong but when playing this quest I can't talk to any one I walk up to and I can't find the first sword you need to get started. Any help? Anyone? Thanks!

Hey there, I'm new too. This quest is my first venture into Zelda Classic, and I gotta say the quality is top-notch :).
Anyways I was stuck where you where too :) Remember that you cannot talk to every npc. The NPCs that do talk will do so automatically when you walk by them. As for the sword...remember what the lady says about the man in the blue house? Well try to figure out a way to get onto the cliff behind this house. HINT Remember you can walk behind objects.

And for my question. I am stuck in level 2. I have both the ocarina, and the power gloves (if thats what they are in your game?)with one key in reserve and have gotten to the room where you must defeat all enemies to reveal the arrow pointed south on the floor. Now my guess was to bomb this wall or to play the ocarina here, but no luck... what am I doing wrong?

Beckyj4
03-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey there, I'm new too. This quest is my first venture into Zelda Classic, and I gotta say the quality is top-notch :).
Anyways I was stuck where you where too :) Remember that you cannot talk to every npc. The NPCs that do talk will do so automatically when you walk by them. As for the sword...remember what the lady says about the man in the blue house? Well try to figure out a way to get onto the cliff behind this house. HINT Remember you can walk behind objects.

And for my question. I am stuck in level 2. I have both the ocarina, and the power gloves (if thats what they are in your game?)with one key in reserve and have gotten to the room where you must defeat all enemies to reveal the arrow pointed south on the floor. Now my guess was to bomb this wall or to play the ocarina here, but no luck... what am I doing wrong?

Just walk thru the wall where the arrow is pointing.

jeffbentley
03-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks, I didn't realize I could walk behind that. Now I'm stuck in level one. I found 3 keys in the swamp area. one removed the block in front of the door. The second opened the door the block was baracading and the third opened the north door in the next room. My problem is when I tyake that north door I end up in a room with yet another loked door and I can't find a fourth key.

bobrocks95
03-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Did you get the boomerang?

jeffbentley
03-23-2008, 02:36 PM
No, I have not found the boomarang yet. Any clues to it's whereabouts?

bobrocks95
03-23-2008, 03:30 PM
It's in a cave in Hyrule Field, you need to bomb a rock wall, you can't miss it. Once inside, bomb the northern wall to continue on to the boomerang.

Pineconn
03-23-2008, 06:09 PM
@ jeffbentley: While the boomerang is necessary in Level 1, check this out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv1nw.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv1ne.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv1sw.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv1se.png

Do you see what you have to do?

I'm glad to hear about continued enjoyment of my quest!

KavinPulsar
03-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, finding keys is really difficult. I made it to Level 8. And yes, I needed to dip into the forum here to help me locate the key in Level 5 under the water and a couple in Level 7; I actually used the key from Level 7 in Level 5 - that old man you whack in the mountain - initially before things got too complicated with stealing keys from the next level for the last ;).

Anyway, in Level 8, I got the mirror shield, after which I had zero keys. I went to the lightning area (F2, just right of Southwest corner) reflected a fireball, and got one key (which was on F1, same tile location). I found where the book is...but I need TWO keys to get it. I only had one. Could you help me find that last key, please? I have been wandering for hours hunting.

AlphaDawg
03-23-2008, 07:56 PM
You are an evil, evil man Pineconn!

/me just finished Level 7...

Pineconn
03-23-2008, 08:51 PM
KavinPulsar, the other key is also in F2, but in the SE corner. From the entrance to Level 8, go right, take the warp, right, fall down to F2, right, down, right, down, and right. Reflect a fireball and grab the key a screen to the right.

You are an evil, evil man Pineconn!

/me just finished Level 7...

:D :D :D

That's what everyone says.

Beckyj4
03-23-2008, 10:50 PM
There was a link on page one to get ZC scrolling for this thread, but it won't work anymore? Does anyone have a link that works? thanks for any help.

AlphaDawg
03-24-2008, 12:37 AM
I just finished Level 8. While still an unbelievably demented level, I didn't find it as bad as Level 7.

It looks like I'm missing three heart pieces. Did you, or could you, post a heart piece guide?

/heading back to the Wasteland now...

Pineconn
03-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah, mostly everyone agrees that Level 8 wasn't as bad as Level 7. I'll be sure to fix that in my next quest. :evil:

As for Pieces of Heart... (http://filer.case.edu/dpf4/LttH-items.png)

OMG_PRAISE_LINK
03-24-2008, 04:30 AM
First off UBER HUGE thanks to Pineconn, OMG this quest is off the charts !

First time poster here and just now finding this awesome site, a little background on me. The gold cartridge Zelda was my first gaming experience ever I was 6 years old when it came out and I had it that next Christmas ! As far as experience with the Zelda line of games I of course beat the orginal, dabbled into The Adventure of Link and didn't go far in it as it was drasticaly "different" than I thought Zelda games should be. Went on to dominate A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time as they came out. From there I went on a Link hiatus and didn't play any Zelda's for a long time. Until I came across the Wind Waker and I saw the new graphics at the time and the adenture on the open seas made me pick it back up, I went on and beat that game rather easily. Which brings us up to date now. I have been a long time player of Everquest and getting rather burnt out I just found this site 2 days ago and I have to say I love it. The people here are just fantastic and helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.

Now on to my main topic for the reasoning behing this post :)

I've put in 15 hours and 50 deaths later I come across the Zora's Training Ground. Now I thought ok no big deal right, just some fighting....well....6 more hours later and tack on another 30 deaths just for ZTG and I'm :angry: at this point. It's totally owning me, I usually dont have issues with enemies but this is giving me fits, the room in the 3rd leg I'm guessing room 10ish? that you first encounter the like likes, well you know the rest I've lost alot of sheilds. So of course the later rooms with all the blue and red Wizrobes own me. The furthest I have gotten in all those tries is room 16 and that was the luck of not getting my shield digested that round !(the one just past the SW most room) I HATE HATE HATE calling in defeat here I really wanna finish this quest but MAN.

As far as gear / exp / heart check I obtained the Blue Suit, have the 2nd (white sword), working with 11 hearts, can hold 16 bombs and 4 supers. Please all mighty of a quest maker PLEASE any advise.

Dan Furst
03-24-2008, 10:00 AM
The best thing to do against Like Likes is to stun them with the boomerang. Alternatively, you could shoot tons of arrows at them. Also, make sure you have a full double-serving potion.

(Hopefully this doesn't sound dumb, but are you using the red squares? They replenish life.)

stigmata242
03-24-2008, 10:50 AM
The best thing to do against Like Likes is to stun them with the boomerang. Alternatively, you could shoot tons of arrows at them. Also, make sure you have a full double-serving potion.

(Hopefully this doesn't sound dumb, but are you using the red squares? They replenish life.)

The red squares replenish life? Wow, I thought they were more teleports. That would have nade getting through the ZTG much easier!!! :tongue:

Pineconn
03-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, each http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/warp.gif will replenish your life. And OMG_PRAISE_LINK, you pretty much are doing as well as possible by means of upgrades and items.

stigmata242
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
And OMG_PRAISE_LINK, you pretty much are doing as well as possible by means of upgrades and items.

I've been meaning to ask, I thought I read that the blue ring was available somewhere near level 4. Any hints?

Pineconn
03-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Yep. You know the entrance to Level 4 on the overworld? Enter the cave three (or so) screens west of it. When inside, go up, right, and bomb the south wall. Continue through until you get the boss key, and use it on the boss door one screen up from the start of the cave.

OMG_PRAISE_LINK
03-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the tips and yes I use the red heal thingy-ma-bobs and usually down a double potion each attempt. I'll keep hacking away at it, I wished on the later rooms I could just slow it down. Like a power up to say "slow down time" or something to that effect that uses some of the magic bar, that would help me disern mob placement as I step into a room.

stigmata242
03-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Yep. You know the entrance to Level 4 on the overworld? Enter the cave three (or so) screens west of it. When inside, go up, right, and bomb the south wall. Continue through until you get the boss key, and use it on the boss door one screen up from the start of the cave.

Hmmm...I must have mistook all of the talk about the blue ring for the blue mail.

Pineconn
03-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the tips and yes I use the red heal thingy-ma-bobs and usually down a double potion each attempt. I'll keep hacking away at it, I wished on the later rooms I could just slow it down. Like a power up to say "slow down time" or something to that effect that uses some of the magic bar, that would help me disern mob placement as I step into a room.

Keep on hacking away at the enemies. If you find extreme difficulty in this... tell me.

AlphaDawg
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, after 28 hours of gameplay and (only) 26 deaths, I beat it... I think...

Is there anything left after wandering around Hyrule Castle a bit? I found boots, the indigo tunic, and two more magic containers, but nothing else...

Pineconn
03-24-2008, 04:11 PM
That's it, AlphaDawg. You've completed LttH with seemingly no trouble at all. Congrats! :thumbsup:

I'm about to upload a slight update to LttH. It'll be ready in a little bit for anyone interested.

Dan Furst
03-24-2008, 04:40 PM
I wonder if this is the first quest to not use the "win game" / "zelda room" feature?

Maybe it isn't.

AlphaDawg
03-24-2008, 05:04 PM
That's it, AlphaDawg. You've completed LttH with seemingly no trouble at all. Congrats! :thumbsup:

I'm about to upload a slight update to LttH. It'll be ready in a little bit for anyone interested.Thanks. I had trouble though. Lots of it. Especially in Level 7. Ctrl+F throughout this entire thread was my friend.

/me wishes there was a forum search (I know why there isn't) or, failing that, an option to view the whole thread on one page.

The one part I didn't really have trouble with was Zora's Training Ground. Then again I'm a veteran of several of Nightmare's slugfest quests, so by comparison ZTG was a cakewalk.

The puzzles were fun. They gave me a real sense of accomplishment when I eventually figured them out. The only one I really really hated was the one in Level 9 with the Octorok. It probably took me a good hour (and a couple deaths) to figure that one out.

All in all, an outstanding quest and I'm looking forward to more of your work.

Pineconn
03-24-2008, 05:45 PM
The only one I really really hated was the one in Level 9 with the Octorok. It probably took me a good hour (and a couple deaths) to figure that one out.

You mean [this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1DZReAiiBg)]? Haha.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for playing my quest. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :)

I'll be sure to continue with Sarpadia.

OMG_PRAISE_LINK
03-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Whew...finally made it through the gaunlet that is ZTG ! Got all my keys and headed for lvl 5. :cool:

EDIT: Ok lvl 5 got me in the end, I have the hookshoot and the flippers, I've been in and found all the entrances to Vapor Bog, seen the boss door (no boss key) and seen a chest in room 21 B1, with a lock block infront of it yet I am only lacking that one key and cant seem to find it anywhere. All my hand made maps I make as I work though shows I been in every single room so I'm totally lost atm.

The only thing / solution I can come up with is in room 33 of B1 there is a underwater switch, and im still unsure if thats just there to tie up someone when its actually useless, or you can actually activate the underwater switch which I have been unable to do.

Dan Furst
03-25-2008, 11:41 AM
I think you mean room 32, not 33 That switch is "pressed" when you raft over it. Notice a block appears in front of the door of the top left. You must have been through this if you have the flippers.

The chest in 20 (not 21) has the boss key. Maybe you missed the stairs pointing down in room 54 of the basement? (That's 55 by your old counting standard :D )

AlphaDawg
03-25-2008, 12:58 PM
You mean [this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1DZReAiiBg)]? Haha.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for playing my quest. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :)

I'll be sure to continue with Sarpadia.Well gosh, that video makes it look so easy! I realized almost immediately I had to move some of the mirrors while the Octorok's magic was whizzing around the room. Figuring out which ones to move where and when took a little longer. Actually pulling it off took the longest time.

Do you use any special software to make those videos? As I mentioned in another post, if I were to make tutorial updates somewhere down the road it would be via YouTube.

If you need Sarpadia help you know where to go... my thread's only got about 1100 replies to go to catch this one!

OMG_PRAISE_LINK
03-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Got it thanks Dan, and yeah I must of been one row off when I was counting rooms. That was sneaky, but I did find the underwater stairs :)

Status I went on and beat lvl 6 and now collecting keys for 7 ugh :uhoh:

Napsterbater
03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Finally finished. I figured I would avoid the problem, by keeping Zelda Classic open until I finally beat it, but an unwise Reset choice sent me back to the middle of level 8 while I was fighting Vaati. Swore off the game, but had to go back. I rebeat both levels in record time, and after five or six tries, finally beat Vaati. Sadly though, the credits crashed ZC. When I restarted the game, I found myself back at the beginning of level nine. What a pain. I thought 2.10 was supposed to be stable? It happened while I was starting the game too, but when I tried it again it worked fine. Maybe if I go beat Vaati again it'll work.

bobrocks95
03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
This quest seems to have that kind of power. No matter how frustrated people become with it (*COUGH* Level 7 *COUGH*), it always seems to pull them back in. That's a good thing, I suppose.

OMG_PRAISE_LINK
03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah I'll vouche for lvl 7 being the most evil thing on the face of the earth I have ever seen ever ! But its so addicting I can't stop exploring :laughing:

I'm still fooling around lvl 7, gotten no keys and no items :( But somehow the rooms just keep coming and coming.

Napsterbater
03-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Nope. Tried it again, simply can't get through the credits without the game crashing. Dammit, I wanted to play the end game too. But, hey, I beat Vaati on the first try. The lightning dodging is what always forces my first potion, though since it's the same pattern I suppose I could memorize it given enough time. This time I didn't even need the second one.

I guess it's on to the next one. Think I'll go with AlphaDawg's new one before going for EoT.

Pineconn
03-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Try running Zelda Classic in fullscreen mode. Windowed mode often crashes during cut scenes. For instructions, [click here (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/faq.php?q=12)].

Do you use any special software to make those videos? As I mentioned in another post, if I were to make tutorial updates somewhere down the road it would be via YouTube.

I always use CamStudio (http://camstudio.org/). It's a very simple, yet powerful video and audio recording device. The only downside is that it won't record video displayed by media players (such as Windows Media Player, VLC, JetAudio, etc.). I then use Windows Movie Maker to edit the videos.

OMG_PRAISE_LINK
03-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by Pineconn
It's weird. The more that people praise the quest, the worst the quest's rating seems to get. 4.70? Bah. .

Thats funny actually cause Just a few days ago I rated this quest a 5 and then tried to "cheat the system" and rate it again, well of course it wouldn't let me. Then I came across this post while just scouring the thread maybe looking for an answer to the hell that is lvl 7.

Napsterbater
03-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I can't even start ZC in fullscreen mode, so meh.

Dan Furst
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Viewing the credits is not a huge deal, but there is a new section after the credits. I suppose you could defeat Vaati, and then as soon as the credits start, save (or continue). You should then be able to go to the new area. Just go the way you would normally go to the volcanic wasteland.

fasciron
03-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi guys, I'm stuck in level 5 in a room with 4 spots to light with the candle but i don't know how to move them...could anyone help me?I'd appreciate it alot. thanks!

bobrocks95
03-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Is it the room with the pond in the middle and 4 candles that you can push? You only get rupees from it, but you can push them as far as they will go in one direction, then dive where the 4 cross in the center.

KavinPulsar
03-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Hi. I made it to THE END. I got the boots... I went back to the past, to the lava wasteland. What are the boots for? What do you do in the past?

Pineconn
03-27-2008, 12:14 AM
All you can really do after the credits is get the two magic upgrades, the Indigo Tunic, and the boots (and get kicked out by the king after attacking him :D). The boots are for the sake of completeness (they protect you from damage combos, like cacti and spikes). The "past" is so you can get the bomb upgrade in the Volcanic Wasteland if you missed it before (and so you can go back to the Volcanic Wasteland or Level 9 for whatever reason). (Wow, I really used a lot of parentheses.)

Nes4life
03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Where exactly is the first key for level 4?:uhoh:

Russ
03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Where exactly is the first key for level 4?:uhoh:
Go to the right screen of the building, and bomb the southern wall.

Oh, and welcome to Zelda Classic!

Pineconn
03-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Okay, I finally updated Link to the Heavens again. A few minor changes/bug fixes/typo fixes were made (may I direct you toward Hestone Mountain?).

As always, you can download it [here (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=341)] if you want it.

Russ
03-30-2008, 01:31 AM
(may I direct you toward Hestone Mountain?).

If you ask me, it should be Heystone mountain. It just sounds better to me. Then again, I'm being to critical. I think I'm turning into Revfan. :(

OMG_PRAISE_LINK
03-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Well got some time this weekend and finished lvl 8 finally, nicely done I like the idea of the rooms that go outside the main dungeon. Was very frustrating at times with just the amount of screens that you must go through and on most of those outdoor screens your on very small "catwalks" I call them with a ton of Blue Wizzrobes. Not much room to move around in there and without the mirror shield for alot of those screens I was getting rather frustrated, nearly quit a few times, just didn't have the "fun factor" that the majority of LttH has is all.

Despite that though nicely put together level as I've come to expect from this quest. Onward to lvl 9 !

Pineconn
03-30-2008, 09:07 PM
This was the fundamental design of Level 8. For the most part, the prior dungeons have been centered around solving puzzles and navigating labyrinths. I decided to make Level 8 different from this; that is, more linear and with a slight increase in difficulty. You'll be glad to know that Level 9 goes back to the good ol' "puzzle bashing."

Russ
03-30-2008, 10:59 PM
So basically, it's like Hell was thrown to the surface in a volcanic eruption, and it was called "Level 9: Catycalism Spire". :D

Also, the Volcanic Wastleand is the Underworld thrown to the surface, right? At the end of EoT, Ganon was trapped in thew Underworld. So the violent uproar of lava is cause by him trying to escape, right? And the tower is called Catycalism Spire to indicate it was built on lava thrust to the surface by Catycalism Crater, right? I'm asking to many questions, right?

wkz
03-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Just finished it.

Time - 31 hours, 30 minutes

Lives - 79.

Amazing Quest Pineconn! Thanks!

Russ
03-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Congrats on beating it!

stigmata242
04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Then I came across this post while just scouring the thread maybe looking for an answer to the hell that is lvl 7.

I couldn't agree more. Level 7 is seriously twisted. :eek:

EDIT: YES!!! Finally got the wand!

anze00
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Please help me.
I can't find the passage to the mountains.

edit: Fantastic quest though!
edit2: Nevermind. Got it.

ShadwSniper7
04-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Wow I don't even know how to get my sword. Can someone help me with this?

The_Amaster
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
*stumbles backwards into the thread*
Fight me if you can Glenn! Le resistance will live on!
*looks over*

Oh, the sword. Well. if I recall investigate the blue house in the south of th town. Check out the chimney.

Back to the fight!

EDIT: Sorry about this. Just spurred on while thinking about the drama gong on right now, and how this part of the forum continues as normal.

Pineconn
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
So basically, it's like Hell was thrown to the surface in a volcanic eruption, and it was called "Level 9: Cataclysm Spire". :D

Also, the Volcanic Wasteland is the Underworld thrown to the surface, right? At the end of EoT, Ganon was trapped in the Underworld. So the violent uproar of lava is cause by him trying to escape, right? And the tower is called Cataclysm Spire to indicate it was built on lava thrust to the surface by Cataclysm Crater, right? I'm asking too many questions, right?

Uh... sure. That sounds about right.

Russ
04-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Uh... sure. That sounds about right.
Let me guess, you never though of it, did you? I find it amusing that I can pinpoint this quest's location in the Zelda timeline, and explain all the weird happenings, when you never even though of them.

Pineconn
04-01-2008, 10:43 PM
It's because the quest's story is so wide open that anyone can make anything up and call it a day. Naturally, the story was not the focus of this quest. At all.

Russ
04-02-2008, 12:07 AM
It's because the quest's story is so wide open that anyone can make anything up and call it a day. Naturally, the story was not the focus of this quest. At all.
You know, that might have actually been a good thing. Now, because of the lack of story, I was able to pinpoint it's timeline location, using the fact that the quest didn't state many facts. It has a huge story, iff you read between the lines, and its author never even knew. Wow.

DarkFlameSheep
04-02-2008, 01:49 AM
I am palying Lv7...

Dan Furst
04-02-2008, 10:01 AM
To get to that room, you have to make it to a teleporter in the south of B1 (with the ghosts). You should be able to walk there from the main entrance without taking any stairs/warps. From there, go right, up, right, (top) left.

stigmata242
04-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks heavens, I finally made it through Level 7. Not that I'm complaining, but the boss seemed relatively easier than the rest of the level...of course the level took me near a week!

On to level 8!

anze00
04-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Do I need any keys for room 2 before i get in? I seem to be stuck without flute and doors are locked. I explored as much as i could without keys and flute. Help me please.

Dan Furst
04-03-2008, 11:15 AM
All of Level 2's keys are in Level 2. There is a room with ocarina tiles, but you can push a block onto a trigger to progress.

ShadwSniper7
04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
ok so I got the 3 keys in the swamp for the first dungeon. I am in the dungeon but another door requires a key. I have been looking for the key for the past 15 minutes and I just don't have a clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pineconn
04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Allow me to direct you to [this (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1168110&postcount=1148)] post...

Do you see a certain bomb wall or something? ;)

ShadwSniper7
04-04-2008, 12:58 AM
oh my goodness! I didn't see that thank you very much:D

anze00
04-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Jesus I can't find the flute in lev 2. Where is it?

Dan Furst
04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
From the entrance: up, up, left, down, stairs, up, right.

Ares2000
04-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Stuck on Level 6. HELP...{;o)
I've cleared out every room and bomb every wall. But I can't seem to get past the last few screens to get the Master Key. Its the part where the red skulls take your sword and you can't open those few chests. Am I missing a key somewhere else? Does it have something to do with the room that has a bunch of candles and one isn't lit?

Ok in reading a heck of a lot of forums i think ive narrowed it down to the room with the candles...but havn't figured out how to get the key from that room.

captlagnaf
04-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I not getting anywhere in level 8. I have din's fire but a I am unable to find any keys. I keep falling off the catwalks and never seem to get anywhere.

Pineconn
04-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Stuck on Level 6. HELP...{;o)
I've cleared out every room and bomb every wall. But I can't seem to get past the last few screens to get the Master Key. Its the part where the red skulls take your sword and you can't open those few chests. Am I missing a key somewhere else? Does it have something to do with the room that has a bunch of candles and one isn't lit?

Ok in reading a heck of a lot of forums i think ive narrowed it down to the room with the candles...but havn't figured out how to get the key from that room.

Had you bought Tingle's information, he would have told you that you need to play the ocarina in the center of the lit triangle of torches. Also, welcome to AGN!

I not getting anywhere in level 8. I have din's fire but a I am unable to find any keys. I keep falling off the catwalks and never seem to get anywhere.

You need two keys within the beginning section of Level 8. The first is found by going north twice (it's linear from there) from the entrance to Level 8, and the second is found by going north, west, and north (it's also linear from there) from the entrance to Level 8. For the first key, you have to do a little platforming/avoiding falling off the catwalks. For the second key, you have a small puzzle that involves shooting some eyeball statues quickly (plus some platforming). The dungeon map is also very close to the second key.

ekegs22
04-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Hi, I'm a new user here, and I must start off by saying that this was probably the best ZC quest I have ever played. Very, very challenging (sometimes too tricky), and this thread definitely helped me get through some of the tougher puzzles. Anyways, I just beat Vaati, and now I am wandering around Hyrule Castle. My question is this: Is there actually a fight against Ganon that you can get to, or is this castle the end of the line? I see a staircase blocked by soldiers, and it seems like it should lead to something, but I don't know how to access it.

Pineconn
04-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Nope, the castle is just about the end. If you found the boots (in the sewers), the two magic containers (in the sewers), and the Indigo Tunic (from Zelda), you are finished! :)

ekegs22
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Dang, so the staircase doesn't lead anywhere? I was really hoping for a Ganon duel! (Just a suggestion in case you decide to sink any more time into re-editing this quest ;))

Well, that puts me at 24 hours and 76 deaths. Seems about par for the course for a first runthrough by someone who completely disregards death count.

captlagnaf
04-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Had you bought Tingle's information, he would have told you that you need to play the ocarina in the center of the lit triangle of torches. Also, welcome to AGN!

You need two keys within the beginning section of Level 8. The first is found by going north twice (it's linear from there) from the entrance to Level 8, and the second is found by going north, west, and north (it's also linear from there) from the entrance to Level 8. For the first key, you have to do a little platforming/avoiding falling off the catwalks. For the second key, you have a small puzzle that involves shooting some eyeball statues quickly (plus some platforming). The dungeon map is also very close to the second key.

The problem I'm having is falling off the catwalks. No matter what I do it won't let me advance. Either where the wirl winds are or where the stairs fall out. Soon as I move I fall.

Beckyj4
04-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Is there any way to make the map of the rooms visible? They were really, really, hard to see thru level 3. In level 4 the map is just one big black square. (Makes it next to impossible to see which room you are in.) Really just makes it look as if I don't have the map. I do.

I went up and got to the room where you have 4 choices of ways to go. Went as far as I could get in each one.

Pineconn
04-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Beats me. It's possible that your moniter's brightness is too low. I suggest increasing it until you can differentiate between the black subscreen and the dark gray map rooms.

Are you missing a key in Level 4? You need only one to get the magic boomerang (which is found in the northeast branch of the central room).

The problem I'm having is falling off the catwalks. No matter what I do it won't let me advance. Either where the wirl winds are or where the stairs fall out. Soon as I move I fall.

Watch this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul80881qRws) I cut out some of the extended fight scenes.

captlagnaf
04-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks for your reply but I can not reach the falling blocks trying to get to either key. I walk on the mesh towards the turn and I fall and pop up just before the falling blocks I can not go back or forwards. I checked my version of Zquest and it is 2.11beta build 10 I hope this is not a compatability issue.

bobrocks95
04-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm sure it is. Be sure to use only 2.10, this quest has several errors in betas.

Pineconn
04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah, if you can't follow what's happening in that video, then it must be a compatability error. Tell me, did you try downloading the latest version (though I doubt it'll fix anything...).

DarkFlameSheep
04-08-2008, 04:54 AM
I got a map and a compass in Lv7. But I can't get more items,help me.

Dan Furst
04-08-2008, 09:52 AM
There's a list of keys for level 7 near the beginning of this thread, I think page 3.

DarkFlameSheep
04-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I already get 4 keys in Lv7. But I must get more one key. Where is it?

Pineconn
04-08-2008, 03:19 PM
[This (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1154750&postcount=111)] would be the list.

Beckyj4
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Beats me. It's possible that your moniter's brightness is too low. I suggest increasing it until you can differentiate between the black subscreen and the dark gray map rooms.

Are you missing a key in Level 4? You need only one to get the magic boomerang (which is found in the northeast branch of the central room).

I have a very old Compac Monitor and can't see any way to increase the brightness. There are 12 options and none of them does anything to the brightness of the screen.

I had the magic boomerang before I finished level 3.

DarkFlameSheep
04-10-2008, 01:34 AM
I got the rod, and 3 keys. But I can't find any closed door. Where shall I go to next?

anze00
04-10-2008, 03:38 PM
What's the thing with rocks with smileys in narajo forest? What do they trigger? If you leave the screen and come back they are back in old place.
Another question. In lev 3 are any keys outside of dungeon that i should i pick up or are all the keys inside?

Pineconn
04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I had the magic boomerang before I finished level 3.

The magic boomerang? You clearly entered Level 4 before completing Level 3....

I got the rod, and 3 keys. But I can't find any closed door. Where shall I go to next?

Make your way to the room with Ghinis (ghosts) and the transporter that appears when you kill them. Take it. Go up three screens, right (take the upper door), right twice more, and up. Take the stairs.

What's the thing with rocks with smileys in narajo forest? What do they trigger? If you leave the screen and come back they are back in old place.

They made those skulls disappear so you could continue through the forest.

Another question. In lev 3 are any keys outside of dungeon that i should i pick up or are all the keys inside?

Nope. All keys for Level 3 are found inside the dungeon.

DarkFlameSheep
04-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks,Pineconn. I'm playing Lv8 now.

Beckyj4
04-11-2008, 11:06 AM
The magic boomerang? You clearly entered Level 4 before completing Level 3....

I'm sorry. Was entering 4 before finishing 3 against the rules? I couldn't get thru 1 of the rooms in 3 without it.

As I said in my last post, I can't change the brightness on my computer and don't feel I can go further in 4 without being able to see the map.

Dan Furst
04-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I personally think that it is just fine to continue on to another dungeon if you get stuck in a previous one, but there are 2 caveats:

1) It is never necessary to do, from a game design standpoint.
2) You might use keys from a previous level in a later level, and then not be able to open locked doors in the previous level because there are unobtained keys in the later level! (That you never found.)

DarkFlameSheep
04-12-2008, 03:43 AM
I beat this quest. Thank you for made great quest,Pineconn.

Beckyj4
04-13-2008, 05:55 PM
WOW! I finally got thru Level 4. Hopefully I wasn't supposed to have the flippers. There is a chest I couldn't get to.

It will probably take me several weeks to recover. ;)

Pineconn
04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
If you're stressed out by Level 4... get ready for Level 7....

Also, yes, you need the flippers to get that chest.

Beckyj4
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
If you're stressed out by Level 4... get ready for Level 7....

Also, yes, you need the flippers to get that chest.

I think my main problem with level 4 was, I had gotten a key, apparently didn't save, left the game, then when I went back, never looked in that chest again. Dumb huh?

When I finally figured it out in the new one I started, I went back to the last one and there it was.

I was in every room in level 4 and no flippers. Are they somewhere in the overworld? I thought I went over every inch of it.

BTW, I still haven't found that secret key. Luckily I didn't need it so far.

Dan Furst
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
The flippers are in an upcoming dungeon. That chest contains rupees.

stigmata242
04-14-2008, 01:42 PM
In level 8, on the fifth floor I believe, I came into a room where there are two white wizards, and everything I try to use to kill them doesn't seem to be working. Any hints? It's the room that is one down and one to the right of the entrance to the fifth floor.

Thanks!

Dan Furst
04-14-2008, 02:20 PM
You must reflect their magic back at them to kill them. You will obtain an item in level 8 that allows you to do this.

Beckyj4
04-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Well, I hate to admit it but I can't find Level 5. I got the hint about the rocks and the raft but can't find any rocks. The raft trips take me from the forest to the clouds with no rocks anywhere along the way. All I've gotten so far is a key in the clouds, and a path back to the mountains.

Dan Furst
04-14-2008, 03:34 PM
The lake is just northeast of the town. There are some docks in the Snowy Mountain, as you found. It's good that you found the key! :)

Beckyj4
04-14-2008, 04:18 PM
The lake is just northeast of the town. There are some docks in the Snowy Mountain, as you found. It's good that you found the key! :)

So would it be in the forest? If so, I don't know how to get to it. The only place I can get further in the forest I need to have the hookshot for. There are no lakes, except the one by the long house on the way to Level 4 and it doesn't have a dock.

There are docks for the 'Raft' in the Snowy Mountains? I didn't see any, and I have been thru it 4 times. Each time it just takes me back to the regular mountain. All I got in the Snowy Mountain was a key?

Pineconn
04-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah, there's actually a huge lake. From Link's house in Narajo, go left, down, down, right, right, and up. Lake!

Dan Furst
04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
You beat me.

In the eastern part of town, there is a gate that allows you to continue north to the lake. Check your map.

If you found a key in the clouds, then you must have found the "general area" containg docks that take you through the forest, snowy mountain, and northern graveyard.

Beckyj4
04-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Yeah, there's actually a huge lake. From Link's house in Narajo, go left, down, down, right, right, and up. Lake!

I think I will go cry myself to sleep. I must be getting senile. I can't believe I forgot that dock. Must be....

Thank you.

Beckyj4
04-15-2008, 01:33 AM
You beat me.

In the eastern part of town, there is a gate that allows you to continue north to the lake. Check your map.

If you found a key in the clouds, then you must have found the "general area" containg docks that take you through the forest, snowy mountain, and northern graveyard.

Can I plead insanity? I have no idea why, but I was thinking of the 'clouds' as 'mountains' when I read that. I even went back to see if I could find raft docks in the clouds. :rolleyes:

Obviously this hasn't been one of my better days so I guess I will go try to sleep it off.

Nes4life
04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
How do you get to the cave in the Sparsi Desert after you get the cross?

lucky880711
04-18-2008, 09:02 PM
You need to superbomb the large pile of bones that blocks your way to the cave.