PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Heavens Released

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Russ
01-15-2008, 02:29 AM
P.S. After seeing this awesome quest, is the other one you created still worth playing pine?
Of course the other one is! Pineconn's other quest, End of Time, is a work of art. I suggest you play it.

And by the way, you will never find the hidden key, no matter how hard you look. Never in a million years.

gekos
01-15-2008, 02:20 PM
What happens after I get the two items at "the end' and the guy kicks me out?

Dan Furst
01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Akroma: There is magic in the bonus area after you complete the game. If you are using 2.10 and have downloaded the latest quest update, you should have no problem getting there. I have no idea what beta builds would do.

gekos: You've completed the game! Did you get all of the heart pieces, bombs, and magic? (And, he kicked you out because you attacked him. :p )

gekos
01-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Dan Furst: I think I'm 3 heart pieces short. What about the two guys guarding and entrance that leads downstairs?

Russ
01-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Dan Furst: I think I'm 3 heart pieces short. What about the two guys guarding and entrance that leads downstairs?
That leads nowhere. At least, I am pretty sure that leads nowhere. Now that you have beaten the game, I suggest you try Pineconn's other quest, End of Time. Link to the Heavens is a better game, but if you liked this quest, you will definitly like End of Time.

gekos
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks russadwan, already did the End of Time. Both were excellent and my hat goes off to Pinncon, Dan Furst & all the others who helped put it together. Thanks for a great job!!!

Akroma
01-15-2008, 05:35 PM
I just fixed it (before I read your post). When I created the new portion of the boss, I forgot to send Link to the DMap that would trigger warps that would send you to Hyrule Castle. Unfortunately, you won't be able to view Hyrule Castle without the level 4 cheat... which I will PM you.

So I ask that everyone that reads this downloads LttH v1.2.0:

Update 1/11/08!!

Please download Link to the Heavens version 1.2.0 for Zelda Classic now! It fixes two bugs: one that wouldn't allow you to see the unrequired area after the final boss, and one that would put some shadow over a place that shouldn't be there (very minor).

Click here to download LttH v1.2.0! (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=341)

When you unzip it, remember to overwrite the old quest file and old text file.

I apologize for any inconvenience. If you've beaten the final boss in version 1.1.0, you won't be able to go to the new area (which is only 5 minutes long). However, if you haven't beaten the boss yet, you will be able to!

I was using the version 1.1.0 when I actually beat Vaati Dan, which is why I can't access it. But thanks for telling me that I'm not blind and I didn't skip over it! Now I can stop desperatly searching lol.

Pineconn
01-15-2008, 07:14 PM
I didn't find all of the magic containers tho... Is the magic bar supposed to be full? If so, I lack one. Is there one in the heavens? *search search search*

You should be missing two (or possibly three, since the info guy says there are only 5 magic upgrades, yet there are technically 7). Two bonus Magic Containers are in Hyrule Castle Sewers. You start with one and you'll find one in Narajo Town, Narajo Forest, Hestone Mountain, Lake Hylia, and Sparsi Desert each. 2 + 1 + 5 = 8.

How many rupies have you hidden around? There's like one per 4 maps!

Yeah, there are a ton of Rupees in the quest. ;)

Also since I didn't comment since I beat this game, nice work on the last boss! I actually died once on it! I was just decieved to see that the "boss" of it was one of the easiest part of the challenge, but it's very nice congrats. Unfortunately I can't access Hyrule Castle (version problem) But now I am going to do the quest again... And this time... No extra stuff! (such as tunic, sword, hearts that I'm not obligated to pick after killing a boss, PoH, magic containers, extra bombs...Wish me and my 3 hearts luck!)

If you wish to play through again, you should download the 1/11/08 update to fix the Hyrule Castle bug. I guarantee it'll work this time. Yeah, and have fun doing the minimalist quest. :D

Akroma: There is magic in the bonus area after you complete the game. If you are using 2.10 and have downloaded the latest quest update, you should have no problem getting there. I have no idea what beta builds would do.

The thing is, people with the 1.1.0 update have no way of triggering the quest to send you to Hyrule Castle IFF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_and_only_if) they already beat the end boss in 1.1.0. Otherwise, it'd work fine.

That leads nowhere. At least, I am pretty sure that leads nowhere.

Indeed it goes nowhere. It is there just to show that Hyrule Castle is truly bigger than what you can see.

Thanks to everyone who has praised the quest!

Merlim402
01-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Quick question, I am in level five and I am in a room with water and 4 Candle stands that move. What am I supposed to do here? I have the boss key but can't find the boss! Thanks.

Eddie :cool:

Dan Furst
01-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Move the torches and dive where they cross to find a rupee. The boss door is within the third entrance.

Merlim402
01-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks Dan, I finished level 5 can you give me some direction on where level 6 is and what I need to do in-between now and level 6? Thanks again!

Dan Furst
01-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Level 6 is in the Desert, which can be accessed from the Field via hookshot.

In between stuff? You could find some heart pieces or bomb and magic upgrades. I believe there's a Wallet to obtain also.

Merlim402
01-16-2008, 05:05 PM
How do you get thru the maze in the desert? I got the cross. Thanks.

Russ
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Here is an in between thing you can do before level 6. Find Tingle, and pop his balloon. It's so fun making him cry. He looks like this:http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_puppyeyes.gif (javascript:add_smilie() , while the person popping his ballon looks like this: http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_superevil.gif (javascript:add_smilie()

Edit: You posted before me. In the cave somewhere in the desert, there are some blocks with numbers. Push the blocks, then remember which way you pushed them. They tell the path through the desert.

kiwimum
01-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi, I can't find the first key to level 4, it mentions immediately outside the level, but i cant seem to work it out. Have the Blue Tunic. Please help. Thankyou.

Pineconn
01-16-2008, 06:25 PM
@ Merlim402: To be clear, you need to find the Cross in order to get into the cave that gives you the directions to get through the sandy maze.

@ kiwimum: Well, there should be only one screen of the Snowy Plateau that you haven't been in, right? This happens to be the top-right screen, which is adjacent to the entrance to Level 4. Note that the exterior of Level 4 goes into that screen. So... what does this mean?

kiwimum
01-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Sorry cant work it out, maybe getting to old (50+) can see the top right screen. Have really enjoyed the quest so far . Thanks.

Russ
01-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Sorry cant work it out, maybe getting to old (50+) can see the top right screen. Have really enjoyed the quest so far . Thanks.
Go into level 4, go right one screen. and then bomb the southern wall open. This will lead you back outside, where a key is waiting for someone to claim it.

Pineconn
01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I suppose I could have said just that, but I like to be cryptic. :p

Russ
01-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I suppose I could have said just that, but I like to be cryptic. :p
Really? I've never noticed. :rolleyes:

Merlim402
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Alright, I got my (Explicit) Shield eaten by a like like in the desert cave, where is the closest place to buy one. I forgot! Thanks.

Pineconn
01-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Location of all shops that sell Magic Shields and prices:

Narajo Forest: 75 Rupees
Snowy Plateau: 120 Rupees
Zora's Cave: 75 Rupees
Sparsi Desert: 100 Rupees

kiwimum
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Found key, i had bombed eastern wall, anyhow on my way again. Thanks to you both.

Merlim402
01-18-2008, 09:43 PM
OK, I am in level 6, and what is with the Mr. Potato Head statues that are gleaming? What am I supposed to do with them? Thanks.

Eddie:D

Merlim402
01-18-2008, 10:14 PM
I got the silver arrow and figured it out!

Eddie :D

Xosalpha
01-19-2008, 03:37 AM
We are stuck in level 7 and we are wandering in circle. We cannot seem to find seem to find any more keys. We have found two keys in blood stained rooms but we have already used them. We can see the door to get to the room with the wand but we have no more keys.

unknowen9000
01-19-2008, 08:00 AM
I still have to get used to how small the bombable wall difference is. I have bad eyesight.

radder1
01-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I am stuck in Level 5 (the lake). I got the two keys from the first entrance and then used the hookshot to go to the second entrance and found one key there. Now I don't know where to go. On the map, I still have a white screen in the NW corner of the lake -- is there a third entrance?
Please help.

Merlim402
01-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Radder, There is a third entrance in the NE corner but you need the flippers to get there.

Merlim402
01-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Need help in level 6, I have covered most of the dungeon except for the north part of level F1. How do I get past the blocks in a room that has an arrow of skulls pointing towards a blow-able wall. Thanks.

Merlim402
01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Figured that room out and now I have 3 keys. How do you get to the upper most rooms in Level 6 F1. Thanks.

Merlim402
01-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Well, after an hour of running around I figured it out! Sorry, maybe I need to post more often because I do not figure things out until I post! Go figure!

Russ
01-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm just like you. I'll post a question, and then instantly figure it out. But next time, may I suggest you use the edit button. Double posts get frowned upon by a lot of people here (not by me, but by a lot of people), and four posts in a row definitly goes overboard there.

Merlim402
01-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm just like you. I'll post a question, and then instantly figure it out. But next time, may I suggest you use the edit button. Double posts get frowned upon by a lot of people here (not by me, but by a lot of people), and four posts in a row definitly goes overboard there.

Yea your right, did not think about it!

Merlim402
01-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Different subject, I finished level 6 and found level 7. I found the 3rd sword is there anything else I need to get before tackling level 7? I heard that there is another wallet, is this true? Thanks.

Russ
01-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Did you fin the lens of truth? You will need it for level 7. It is hidden somewhere in the graveyard. More specifically, the upper right corner area. In the truth cave 2.0.

radder1
01-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I still can't find the flippers in level 5. I got a key in the second entrance and am just running in circles. What am I missing?

Dan Furst
01-20-2008, 02:16 AM
The flippers are in B1 in the southwest part (screen 51). If you can get to a room where you raft over a switch, you are going the right way.

Pineconn
01-20-2008, 12:32 PM
We are stuck in level 7 and we are wandering in circle. We cannot seem to find seem to find any more keys. We have found two keys in blood stained rooms but we have already used them. We can see the door to get to the room with the wand but we have no more keys.

You can find every location of every key needed for Level 7 [here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1154750&postcount=111)].

I still have to get used to how small the bombable wall difference is. I have bad eyesight.

It should help you knowing that the bombable wall cracks will always be in the exact center of the wall. You'll be glad to know that bombable walls become fewer the farther you play on.

I still can't find the flippers in level 5. I got a key in the second entrance and am just running in circles. What am I missing?

Did you use the key on the locked hookshot block in order to go across the pit? After that, you'll eventually encounter that puzzle Dan Furst was talking about.

Different subject, I finished level 6 and found level 7. I found the 3rd sword is there anything else I need to get before tackling level 7? I heard that there is another wallet, is this true? Thanks.

Did you fin the lens of truth? You will need it for level 7. It is hidden somewhere in the graveyard. More specifically, the upper right corner area. In the truth cave 2.0.

Yeah, all you need is the Lens of Truth from the Sealed Chamber (not "Truth Cave 2.0"). You can find the 999-Rupee wallet in Lake Hylia - you have to dive where 4 rocks intersect (you'll want to look near the southern border of the lake). This wallet could have been obtainable after Level 5, actually.

Russ
01-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah, all you need is the Lens of Truth from the Sealed Chamber (not "Truth Cave 2.0").
Oh. I couldn't remember the name, and I just thought Truth Cave 2.0 sounded neat (since the cave with the lens in EoT was called the Truth Cave).
And I have a question. I was looking through the midi list, and there is one called "*BONUS MIDI*. It never appears in the game. What purpose does it serve?

Pineconn
01-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Nothing at all. It's there for the people who look through the MIDI list. I used to like it a lot, so I felt like adding it to the quest's MIDI list. :D

Russ
01-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Nothing at all. It's there for the people who look through the MIDI list. I used to like it a lot, so I felt like adding it to the quest's MIDI list. :D
Ah. That's pretty random.

Merlim402
01-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Alright, in the sealed chamber I cannot get past the room that has 3 sealed doors and 2 bat spitting wizards. What to do next? I have gone through every other room that I could. Thanks.

Pineconn
01-20-2008, 02:34 PM
There's nothing in that room. Instead, you'll want to look for a bomb door in the screen two south of the room you mentioned.

dUTCHIE
01-20-2008, 04:10 PM
im started with this quest and it looks great.
Im only not a fan of bombable walls, its kinda hard to see sometimes.

jhaymaker
01-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the help, Pineconn. Still licking my wounds from level 7 and can't seem to find level 8. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Pineconn
01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Still licking my wounds from level 7

:D

and can't seem to find level 8. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Try checking the very SE screen of Lake Hylia.

luchio
01-20-2008, 05:04 PM
At the end boss, I shoot 2 arrows at it, then hurt it with the sword, then kill the 6 clouds that appear, then again 2 arrows, then hurt it with the sword, then I see a crack an it's face but everything stops... I can still move Link around but everything is stopped, even the fireball spewers at the bottom of the screen. I can commit suicide in the water at the side, but that kinds sucks,,,

jhaymaker
01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks again, Pineconn. Sorry to be a pest--I have my 4 keys but now can't find the Temple of Spirits.

Pineconn
01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
then I see a crack an it's face

What do you do when you see cracks in a dungeon wall?

I have my 4 keys but now can't find the Temple of Spirits.

If you can get to the inn, go left, down, right, down, and fall to L1, which will take you to the Palace of Spirits, which is the big green and gray building.

luchio
01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
oh, I thought the game broke! let's try again!

jhaymaker
01-20-2008, 07:48 PM
What's the secret to advancing in the Temple of Spirits? I keep going around in circles and can't find anything with the lens that might help me progress.

Pineconn
01-20-2008, 07:54 PM
The secret is to pay attention to where you're going. Many paths will take you back to the beginning, so make a mental note to never go that way again. It is a tad complex, so it's expected for you to feel a little lost.

luchio
01-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, I've finished it! Thanks Pineconn, great adventure! I still have two questions remaining...

1- What's the point of getting the boots at the end?
2- Is there a way to get the cat back to its owner in the village!?! That's like the most difficult puzzle of the game! ;-) hahaha!

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 09:07 PM
1) Just for the sake of having as many items as possible. Now you don't have to worry about damage combos if you decide to roam around more, which you probably won't do. :p

2) Nope!

winterstryke
01-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Hello all. I'll just say now... "beware the noob":rolleyes: I've found the three keys to get into Misery Mire (the two hidden chests and the old man) only to stumble over another locked door right away. The quest info belabors that "all keys are in the dungeons". I can't find one in the entryway or the room with the locked door. Can I get a hint?

Also, Pineconn... you're a genius. I haven't gotten far in the quest (obviously) but it's gorgeous. Love the backstory, the music is fantastic. Look forward to playing it.

Russ
01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
When you reach the room with the fourth locked door, bomb the left wall open. And remember, Pineconn loves bombable walls. There are a few in level one, but they are everywhere in level two.

Edit: Welcome to AGN! This calls for this smily: :newbie:

Edit 2: Post 950! Only 50 more to go...

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Thank you; much of the music is 100% custom. I composed all the dungeon music (except Level 9), Hyrule Field, and the credits. Dan Furst composed all the overworld music (except for Volcanic Wasteland, Lake Hylia, and Narajo Forest), all boss music, Level 9, and a few more random pieces.

Now an answer. In the screen north of Level 1's entrance room, you should see a cracked wall on the east side. This happens to be the same wall in the room with the locked door. What could this mean? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Russadwan, you beat me by a minute. And you gave a much more frank answer. :p

winterstryke
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Russadwan :) The problem is I mean the door in the room right of the entryway. I did notice the crack in the right wall in the room north of the entryway, Pineconn. The problem is that room has uncrossable gap. Well crossable with a ladder no doubt, but I don't have one.

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Wait. If you found the three keys, you should be able to get to the NE room:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv1nw.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv1ne.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv1sw.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv1se.png

...and then you should be able to bomb the western wall and continue.

Russ
01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Yes. Bomb the wall in the northeastern room. Then you don't have to worry about crossing that big gap.

winterstryke
01-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Your right about the three keys. I went back and checked, because the math didn't add up. I *found* all three keys... I just forgot to actually *pick up* one.:banghead: I'm going to hide now:redface:

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Niiiiiice one. Oh well, if you have another question, I'd be glad to help you. :)

geejopeepo
01-22-2008, 12:07 AM
I am stuck in level 9. The only way I can find to go leads me through the room with the dozen warps and then to a locked door but I have no key and can't find one anywhere. Any help?

Akroma
01-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Niiiiiice one. Oh well, if you have another question, I'd be glad to help you. :)

I have a question! Where is that darn secret key! I can't find it grrrrrrrrrr!
And it could really help me at this very moment!
Hehe... I'm getting screwed on my minimalist quest... Beat up the first four dungeons, got 2 keys to enter level 5, but guess what I miss? ....Training ground! It's actually hard now. I reach the top left corner with the blue lanmola?(forgot what they are... the thingy that moves ultra fast and take off 2 hearts a shot x.x) But it doesnt seem to work well. I'm gonna try out a superbomb maybe that'll help me. Kabooooooooom!

If anyone has any tip to suggest, I'm open to hearing them on how to kill those evil monsties! Keep in mind that I do have only 3 hearts (I can get there full hp), First sword (So no, I don't one hit kill a part of them.) No shield, (well that doesnt change anything in this one room... But geez it's a pain with the wizrobes! Okay I got many rupies and arrows. I can have 4 bombs and 1 superbomb. I die in 3 hits with a dual potion. I spamshoot arrows and sword hit when they are near me but they seem to be coming from everywhere waaah. Is it possible to get the hookshot with only 2 keys? XD Maybe that would help. Waah I need ideas xD
Anyway... Back to dying =)

P.S. Why is there a blue darknut in there? He HAX! He blocks my arrows!

dUTCHIE
01-22-2008, 01:49 PM
wy u only have 3 hearts and nothing upgraded ?

I have beat training ground yesterday and i am a little bit disapointed.
I read here that it was a challenge, but i beat it in 1 single round.

just walk to the middle of the room drop bombs and keep on moving.
btw about the blue wizrobes if they walk from right to left and u stand above them and hit him in the head he dont attack, so thats hes weak point. dont face him.

Russ
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I have beat training ground yesterday and i am a little bit disapointed.
I read here that it was a challenge, but i beat it in 1 single round.

That was the thing. People who were good at ZC were saying the training grounds were too easy, while people who weren't so good were saying the grounds were to hard.

Dan Furst
01-22-2008, 02:14 PM
geejopeepo: That "room" with the dozen or so warps is actually two rooms that you warp between. See Link's location change on the map when you warp? Now go a new way. :)

chip_on
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm in lvl 7 and seem to be stuck. Im in the Sealed Chamber and have the Boss Key. However, I can't seem to find any way to trigger the crystal.. I've tried the boomerang, the arrows and fire. Nothing seems to work.

What am I missing?

Thanks for a great quest.

Dan Furst
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Bombs.

Pineconn
01-22-2008, 06:19 PM
I have a question! Where is that darn secret key! I can't find it grrrrrrrrrr!
And it could really help me at this very moment!

Trust me, you won't find it. ;)

If anyone has any tip to suggest, I'm open to hearing them on how to kill those evil monsties!

I have one. Grab a few Heart Containers and equipment upgrades! Well, Lanmolas often drop a ton of fairies, so always be on the lookout for them.

P.S. Why is there a blue darknut in there? He HAX! He blocks my arrows!

Just for the sake of fighting strategy. If all the enemies were the same, it would be boring and easy. Easy = bad.

geejopeepo: That "room" with the dozen or so warps is actually two rooms that you warp between. See Link's location change on the map when you warp? Now go a new way. :)

Yeah, be on the lookout for that new doorway.

Attention! New quest version alert!

This update (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=341) is unnecessary for people using 2.10. Though, if you're using 2.5, it'll "fix" the Blue Tunic incompatibility bug.

chip_on
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the response. It's ALWAYS obvious once the solution is explained. Why didn't I try that. :banghead:

Akroma
01-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm in lvl 7 and seem to be stuck. Im in the Sealed Chamber and have the Boss Key. However, I can't seem to find any way to trigger the crystal.. I've tried the boomerang, the arrows and fire. Nothing seems to work.

What am I missing?

Thanks for a great quest.

Just for future needs... If something needs to be triggered, using the lens of truth actually reveals what you need to do. If you are unsure what to use, get a quick go at the lens and you'll figure it out in no time =)

Pine : Never pick up heart containers! I actually had to re-do the 3rd and 4th boss due to fireballs knocking me on the middle of the screen with the heart container x.x
Btw, is there a way to take screenshots while running ZC?
Oh and the fairies yeah i see tons of them... The problem is I can't reach them ;)
As for the key... I'm going to burn every bush, every tree, bomb every wall, walk everywhere, and I'll find it!!!! Then I'll go get it on my minimal quest and get over with the training ground :p

Russ
01-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh and the fairies yeah i see tons of them... The problem is I can't reach them ;)
As for the key... I'm going to burn every bush, every tree, bomb every wall, walk everywhere, and I'll find it!!!! Then I'll go get it on my minimal quest and get over with the training ground :p
To take pictures, click the mouse to pause the game, the go etc., take screenshot. And trust me, you will never in a million years find the secret key, even with the Lens of Truth. You can barely even find it in ZQuest.

Locutusofbored
01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm a first time poster on here. It's a great quest Pineconn. I'm also one of the few people who finished level 4 without the blue tunic, I didn't realize there was one. I kept seeing 'blue ring' posted on here, and never realized that long cave took me to the blue tunic. I am also stuck on the Zora Training grounds, when I finally got the blue tunic, I got farther, I got all the way around but I die a couple of screens from the end. I always run out of money for more potions and better shield etc. The training grounds are really hard for me, I also saw one guy had 16 bombs and 9 3/4 hearts by now, but I only have 12 bombs and 9 and 3/4 hearts. My questions are:

1. Is there a way to get another 1/4 heart by now?
2. Are the training grounds made easier now? I got my download in December.
3. Is the whole training grounds thing only for just 1 key? (I got the other 2 for level 5)

Thanks in advance :)

erm2003
01-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Pineconn: With your latest update you may be able to edit some of the text in your quest description, especially the part about the blue tunic since that was fixed up.

Pineconn
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM

Or, you could just press F12. The image will appear in your Zelda Classic folder starting with "zelda001.bmp" and so on.

I even sent you an e-mail about the exact screen that this key is in. You still likely won't find it. :p

1. Is there a way to get another 1/4 heart by now?

By my count, it is possible to have exactly 10 hearts when you enter the Training Ground, so yes. Did you get the one in the inn in the Snowy Plateau?

2. Are the training grounds made easier now? I got my download in December.

Actually, I think the newer updates have a more difficult Training Ground... If you have the old version, you should be able to stay in the doorway, turn, and slash away at the enemies. If you can, do this. You can't if the doors are all shutters.

3. Is the whole training grounds thing only for just 1 key? (I got the other 2 for level 5)

Yep! :D

With your latest update you may be able to edit some of the text in your quest description, especially the part about the blue tunic since that was fixed up.

True, dat. Done.

Akroma
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
That's strange... I never gotten any mail... Are you sure it was to me you sent it? :P

Russ
01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I even sent you an e-mail about the exact screen that this key is in. You still likely won't find it. :p

Pineconn, you do relize a few pages back, you told me what screen it was on and what flag to check for, don't you? But nonetheless, Akroma, you will never find it. And did you check e-mail and private messages for it?

Pineconn
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Did I?

Akroma, if you'd turn on private messaging, that'd be much easier. (Click here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) and turn on PMing.)

Akroma
01-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Did I?

Akroma, if you'd turn on private messaging, that'd be much easier. (Click here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) and turn on PMing.)
Hahaha yeah I guess now it would be easier :googly::rolleyes:
Done! I'll be waiting for it!

Psh. I would bet that I'll find it.

Russ
01-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Psh. I would bet that I'll find it.
I would bet that you won't. I've even looked in Zquest, with the flags showing, and secret combos with their combo types showing, and it was still hard to find.

Edit: Post 975. Only 25 more to go.

Akroma
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I would bet that you won't. I've even looked in Zquest, with the flags showing, and secret combos with their combo types showing, and it was still hard to find.

Edit: Post 975. Only 25 more to go.

But yet not impossible. It's simply a question of time ;)

Russ
01-23-2008, 01:32 PM
But yet not impossible. It's simply a question of time ;)
Yes. Lots and lots of time.

patrickab7
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
I did finally find the double magic...yup, lens was needed to figure out exactly where it was. When someone said "Pineconn's favorite item", I was thinking the flute at first but I was mistaken...

Anywho, I don't know if I want to try to find that secret key or not...

Russ
01-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Anywho, I don't know if I want to try to find that secret key or not...
Pineconn could tell you the exact screen and you wouldn't find it. The point of it was to be an unfindable key in case of a glitch that made the game unbeatable for a certain person. It is impossible to find unless you are told exactly where it is and how to find it.

Locutusofbored
01-23-2008, 05:35 PM
By my count, it is possible to have exactly 10 hearts when you enter the Training Ground, so yes. Did you get the one in the inn in the Snowy Plateau?

Actually, I think the newer updates have a more difficult Training Ground... If you have the old version, you should be able to stay in the doorway, turn, and slash away at the enemies. If you can, do this. You can't if the doors are all shutters.

I already had that heart piece.I must be missing it from somewhere else. There are 3 hearts I can see but can't get to: One on the hill above the boomerang cave, the one near the dock at the beginning of the area leading to Dungeon 5, and one in the frozen ice lake that I melted with the flame.
I also made it through the training grounds using your advice! I had an older version with some shudders but not all.
2 more questions please:
1. I think I'm missing a bomb upgrade somewhere, I have the one from the swamp, and the one from the upper heavens lava cave entrance. Do you know which one I'm missing?
2. Could you make a list of all the things it's possible to have by certain dungeons? Or a end of the game checklist?
Thanks so much!

Russ
01-23-2008, 06:30 PM
2. Could you make a list of all the things it's possible to have by certain dungeons? Or a end of the game checklist?
Thanks so much!
I might be able to make that. I could just copy and paste from the ZQuest integrity report on items. Give me a few minutes (or hours).

As for the frozen heart container piece, you need to melt the ice, and then swim into the water and dive down to get it.

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Dan Furst was kind enough to create an attractive map that shows the locations of every Piece of Heart, bomb upgrade, and magic upgrade in the quest. You can view that [here (http://filer.case.edu/dpf4/LttH-items.png)]. To Internet Explorer users: If your web browser scrunches the image, you should be able to maximize it by clicking on the image.

Russ
01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Dan Furst was kind enough to create an attractive map that shows the locations of every Piece of Heart, bomb upgrade, and magic upgrade in the quest. You can view that [here (http://filer.case.edu/dpf4/LttH-items.png)]. To Internet Explorer users: If your web browser scrunches the image, you should be able to maximize it by clicking on the image.
Neat. Like the Lost Isle item map. Thanks Pineconn.

radder1
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
I finished level 5 and got the cross, but I can't find "Mr. Tingle" to get the clue of where level 6 is. I am assuming that he will give the clue of how to do the maze in the desert. Can someone help?

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Tingle is the guy in the house one north of the entrance to Sparsi Desert. After you buy all of his information, you'll need to find a cave in the desert that you need the Cross to get through.

Russ
01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
And remember, when you find Tingle, use this law: Sharp things pop ballons.

Merlim402
01-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Need help, go figure. I want to know where in what mountains do I slash the man on the head to receive a key for level 7? I went into the mountains to the very top and saw a man popping his head out, but this was not it. Thanks.

Also, is the wand in level 7?

dxrocky2333
01-24-2008, 12:20 PM
I just got to level 4 and got the key that is right outside the dungeon. I go back into the dungeon and try to put the key in the keyhole doing down to another level and it doesn't go in. I have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Russ
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Need help, go figure. I want to know where in what mountains do I slash the man on the head to receive a key for level 7? I went into the mountains to the very top and saw a man popping his head out, but this was not it. Thanks.

Also, is the wand in level 7?

That man on top of the mountain is the right guy. Why don't you show him your hammer?

I just got to level 4 and got the key that is right outside the dungeon. I go back into the dungeon and try to put the key in the keyhole doing down to another level and it doesn't go in. I have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Are you playing it with 2.10. This is one of the 2.5 bugs I ran into. What version are you using?

dxrocky2333
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
I am actually using the lost island build and everything so far has worked besides this. If that's the problem can I use my file on 2.1 at all?

Dan Furst
01-24-2008, 04:50 PM
You really should be playing in 2.10, if you can. This quest was neither designed nor tested with anything later. (Most of it works, but there are things that just don't.)

Is it possible to move the beta zc.sav to the 2.10 directory and use it? I don't know.

This also might maybe might be fixed in the latest beta?

Pineconn
01-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Use. 2.10. Or. Else. Could I have made it any clearer? Should I put a message in the game?

I guarantee this "bug" is fixed in a later beta, but I don't know if you can transfer the save file.

Russ
01-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Use. 2.10. Or. Else. Could I have made it any clearer? Should I put a message in the game?

Yes. Before the into cutscene, have string say "Play this quest in 2.10 or your computer will blow up. You have ten seconds..."

bobrocks95
01-25-2008, 07:31 PM
These version numbers are confusing. Sounds weird to me that 2.5 is higher than 2.10. From now on, I shall call 2.5 2.50, making it higher than 2.10.

Russ
01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
These version numbers are confusing. Sounds weird to me that 2.5 is higher than 2.10. From now on, I shall call 2.5 2.50, making it higher than 2.10.
Or you could call them 2.1 and 2.5.

Pineconn
01-25-2008, 07:57 PM
I just submitted my quest to PureZC because I can. It should be interesting to see how it is received over there.

Russ
01-25-2008, 08:41 PM
I just submitted my quest to PureZC because I can. It should be interesting to see how it is received over there.
You submitted it? *Goes over to Pure ZC to give 5 star rating*

jhaymaker
01-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Pineconn, in level 8's "shooting match", how is it possible to do it all in 10 seconds? Must need to be a younger guy with lightning reflexes (which I'm not) to beat it...

Dan Furst
01-26-2008, 03:48 PM
The best suggestion I have is to try to remember the sequence so you don't have to react.

Maybe another thing you could do is, as soon as an arrow hits the target, go into the subscreen. That way you can see if you need to go left or right without it counting towards your 10 seconds.

Watch for the stairs to appear all the way on the left.

Russ
01-26-2008, 03:50 PM
That puzzle was so hard. You should have made it 15 seconds.

jhaymaker
01-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks, Dan. I've worked it long enough now where I 've learned to anticipate the sequence, but I'm still about a whole second too slow. Even tried not getting all the way in front of the targets before shooting to shorten the distance and shave some time. Guess it's game over for me. Really enjoyed it up to now. Brilliant design--really looking forward to the next one!

Russ
01-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Don't give up. Just keep trying. Or obtain Pineconn's permission to edit that puzzle.

Pineconn
01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I have to ask, do you have the regular bow or the Long Bow? The latter (not "ladder" :p) would make it far easier. You can find the Long Bow in the Graveyard's inn.

Having tried all this and you can't complete it, I will edit the quest and add a second or two to the puzzle.

You should have made it 15 seconds.

*laughs* Yeeeeeeah right!

jhaymaker
01-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Yes, I have the long bow, and 2 more seconds would be fantastic. Thanks, Pineconn, on behalf of us old f**ts!

Pineconn
01-27-2008, 11:21 PM
I'd have fixed this today, but AGN has been offline until just now. I'll hopefully have this update (with a slightly easier Zora's Training Ground) tomorrow or the day after.

Merlim402
01-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Need help guys! I am in level 7 and ready for the boss fight but I am one key short from getting the boss key! I have looked every where. Any suggestions? Thanks.

jambo
01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I was just about to give up too in level 8. And I like this quest so much! I need a few more seconds too. I have the long bow and I get so close but...

So much thought put into this quest in dungeon design. Very nice.

Merlim402 - did you see post #111?

Russ
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Need help guys! I am in level 7 and ready for the boss fight but I am one key short from getting the boss key! I have looked every where. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A few pages back, there is a list of keys in level 7.

Merlim402
01-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Alright! I finished level 7! Feel like I need a drink! Thanks for all of the help guys! Is there anything of importance I need to do before level 8? I have the long bow and I am 2 hearts short. Is there a red ring? Thanks.

Pineconn
01-28-2008, 10:03 PM
The Red Tunic is in the Overcast Heavens. It'll be easy to find, as long as you go everywhere.

Update 1/28/08!

[LttH v1.2.2 (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=341)]

The two timed events in Levels 8 and 9 are lengthened slightly. Also, the Zora's Training Ground is a little easier.

Russ
01-29-2008, 12:45 AM
There was a timed event in level 9?

Russ
01-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Pineconn, it appears you quest has got a good reception at Pure ZC. I have been trying to help anyone who has a questin over there, but I am stumped as to the answer for this one:

Seems like I miss the one [a key] before the boss. I need a key to access room 53. But I can't get near the boss, because there is a shutter in room 45 at the south that doesn't open, and going right only gives me a key or two, but blocks don't let me go all the way south. I thought room 53 has a teleport that takes me near the boss. But wait... a key in room 63? How do I get that? I remember a lock block, a closed north door and an eyestatue...

He needs keys! In level 4.

Edit: Woops, double post. Sorry.

jhaymaker
01-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the update, Pineconn! That extra second did the trick for me. BTW, while I was waiting for you to do the update, I've gotten far into Dan's 12 Palaces, which is also a great game. Now I guess I'll just have to find an excuse to skip work tomorrow...

Merlim402
01-29-2008, 09:17 PM
The Red Tunic is in the Overcast Heavens. It'll be easy to find, as long as you go everywhere.

Update 1/28/08!

[LttH v1.2.2 (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=341)]

The two timed events in Levels 8 and 9 are lengthened slightly. Also, the Zora's Training Ground is a little easier.

Do you get the Red Tunic before level 8 or after? Also where is level 8 and do I need to get anymore items before I tackle Level 8? Thanks again!

Pineconn
01-29-2008, 09:47 PM
There was a timed event in level 9?

The map?

Thanks for the update, Pineconn! That extra second did the trick for me. BTW, while I was waiting for you to do the update, I've gotten far into Dan's 12 Palaces, which is also a great game. Now I guess I'll just have to find an excuse to skip work tomorrow...

Ah yes, another excellent quest! ;)

Do you get the Red Tunic before level 8 or after? Also where is level 8 and do I need to get anymore items before I tackle Level 8? Thanks again!

You'll get the Red Tunic before Level 8. Level 8 is on the 2nd layer (of 3) of the Overcast Heavens. It's the big freaking tower. :p

Russ
01-30-2008, 01:06 AM
The map?

You'll get the Red Tunic before Level 8. Level 8 is on the 2nd layer (of 3) of the Overcast Heavens. It's the big freaking tower. :p
O wait, level 9 had the boss flag that changed the lava flows into Hyrule Castle.

And, technically it the big freaking tower of hera. :D At least, that's what the tiles for it are from.

And you still didn't answer the question the person from Pure ZC had that I posted above.

Dan Furst
01-30-2008, 06:36 PM

There's a thread for it way back there somewhere, if you need a reference.

Ah, found it.

http://armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88469

Russ
01-31-2008, 11:40 AM

Ah, found it.

But wouldn't posting in it be considered gravedigging?

By the way, are you thinking of making another quest? The 12 Places was pretty good (or at least, it's good through level 3, where I am stuck because of a dang 2.5 bug).

elise
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM

Here they aren't so strict about it ;) and when it's a new question about the quest if you ask me all in one thread is much more efficient then ten threads with just one or two postings in it :shrug:
It's easier for the ones that can answer it and it's easier for the ones that have a question and already have surch through the archives ;)

Dan Furst
01-31-2008, 03:13 PM

By the way, are you thinking of making another quest? The 12 Places was pretty good (or at least, it's good through level 3, where I am stuck because of a dang 2.5 bug).

I didn't use any advanced techniques. What's the bug? The raft?

jhaymaker
01-31-2008, 07:45 PM

Ah, found it.

Thanks much, Dan. I found it when I first started to have some challenges with 12 Palaces.

Russ
01-31-2008, 09:45 PM
I didn't use any advanced techniques. What's the bug? The raft?
The candle doesn't work. But I hqaven't tried it for a while. I bet it will work now.

firelight
01-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Okay, that was a insane, fun quest. Going through the entire game without the blue tunic was hard (ZC 2.10 does not work on my computer for some reason,) the red tunic made the quest much nicer. I have a question, after beating Vatti, I go and talk with Zelda. I have the boots and I've gone back in time, is there anymore to the quest, anyway I can get past the gaurds and go downstairs into hyrule castle, or am I done? I seem to be running around in circles. I think a similar question was asked somewhere in the forem awhile back but I can't find it now.

Thanks for the quest.

Russ
01-31-2008, 11:02 PM
No, you can not go down into the castle. That's just to show that the castle is bigger than what you see. But you can get the king mad enough to throw you out.

Pineconn
01-31-2008, 11:08 PM
And, the entire purpose of being able to go back into time is to still be able to get to the Volcanic Wasteland and Level 9, and also to be able to get the bomb upgrade in the Volcanic Wasteland if you missed it.

Thanks for playing my quest!

Russ
01-31-2008, 11:16 PM
I still say you should be able to fight Vaati again. Speaking of which, I think I have a storyline developing for my EoT remake which will help explain how Vaati fits into the storyline.

Merlim402
02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Which way to go! Zelda! I have a question on how in the heck do you get through the Palace of Spirits. I have gone in circles it seams like now for ever! Thanks.

Pineconn
02-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Hmm... there is no way of explaining the best way to go [without giving it away] since there are so many branching paths.

Try this. When you get to branching paths, write them down on a piece of paper. Go one way, and if it ends up fruitless, cross it out. That way, you should be able to pinpoint the correct path.

Bobbie
02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Is there anywhere to buy a key? I can't beat the disappearing tiles in lv3 to get to the chest. Have died so many times I'm ready to give up. Is there a trick to this or something? Even tried to boomer the globe without luck. Also in the cave left of lv4 you get stuck in the wall next to the large chest after you beat all the fire balls coming at you from the wall. When you go through the doorway you end up in the wall. Anyone else have this problem?

I am looking for the answer to this post. Did it get answered somewhere?

Merlim402
02-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Hmm... there is no way of explaining the best way to go [without giving it away] since there are so many branching paths.

Try this. When you get to branching paths, write them down on a piece of paper. Go one way, and if it ends up fruitless, cross it out. That way, you should be able to pinpoint the correct path.

Well, I have tried every option and I cannot progress any further. I have tried every combo. These are the rooms I have been able to get into: 62,52,53,25,35,12,13,14,22,23. Help!

Eddie :confused:

Pineconn
02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Okay, you must be stuck on the puzzle in room 22.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/level_c.png

Stand in the northwest-most corner of the room and wait for the Red Wizzrobe to appear to the right of you (as seen above). When it appears, quickly move onto the star to spin the SW mirror. The Wizzrobe's magic will reflect and hit the switch, powering the transporter.

Merlim402
02-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Okay, you must be stuck on the puzzle in room 22.

Stand in the northwest-most corner of the room and wait for the Red Wizzrobe to appear to the right of you (as seen above). When it appears, quickly move onto the star to spin the SW mirror. The Wizzrobe's magic will reflect and hit the switch, powering the transporter.

Sneaky, Sneaky!

Eddie :mischief:

Merlim402
02-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Alright Flash, how do you deactivate the lightening fields in level 8. I have progressed to getting the boss key, but have seemed to hit a snag. Also, on F3 there is a room with a narrow path and a hidden chest with a torch on the far right-hand of the screen. How do I light the torch? Thanks.

jhaymaker
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm stuck in level 8, too. Have the boss key and an extra (probably the last one). Can see a key block on the outside that I can't seem to get to. How about a hint on getting the book or mirror shield, whichever is needed first. (BTW Dan, I finished 12 Palaces today and really enjoyed it.)

Pineconn
02-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Alright Flash, how do you deactivate the lightening fields in level 8. I have progressed to getting the boss key, but have seemed to hit a snag. Thanks.

You can deactivate those by reflecting a fireball back at them with the Mirror Shield. Since you have the Boss Key, go ahead and open up the boss door on F3. In the boss room, swim left to get a key, or swim right to continue to F4.

I'm stuck in level 8, too. Have the boss key and an extra (probably the last one). Can see a key block on the outside that I can't seem to get to. How about a hint on getting the book or mirror shield, whichever is needed first. (BTW Dan, I finished 12 Palaces today and really enjoyed it.)

What screen is this lock block on, F4 12, F4 42, or F5 21?

If F4 12:

Simply take the northern door of the NE room of the interior of F4.

If F4 42:

You had to have unlocked the lock block above. To get to this lock block, simply take the northern door of the NW room of the interior of F4.

If F5 21:

Bomb the western wall of the NW room of the interior of F5.

Merlim402
02-03-2008, 03:53 PM
You can deactivate those by reflecting a fireball back at them with the Mirror Shield. Since you have the Boss Key, go ahead and open up the boss door on F3. In the boss room, swim left to get a key, or swim right to continue to F4.

What screen is this lock block on, F4 12, F4 42, or F5 21?

If F4 12:

Simply take the northern door of the NE room of the interior of F4.

If F4 42:

You had to have unlocked the lock block above. To get to this lock block, simply take the northern door of the NW room of the interior of F4.

If F5 21:

Bomb the western wall of the NW room of the interior of F5.

Thanks Pineconn, Also, on F3 there is a room with a narrow path and a hidden chest with a torch on the far right-hand of the screen that I cannot get to. How do I light the torch? :D

Pineconn
02-03-2008, 04:19 PM
With Level 8's second item! However, the chest holds a mere red Rupee.

jhaymaker
02-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks, Pineconn:

"If F4 42:

You had to have unlocked the lock block above. To get to this lock block, simply take the northern door of the NW room of the interior of F4."

When I did this, I moved all the way left, then came upon a row of blocks blocking my way south. The lens showed cloud symbols on them, and no bombs or other equipment would affect them.

Pineconn
02-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh yes, that screen. Look hard for something that would get rid of those blocks.

jhaymaker
02-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh yes, that screen. Look hard for something that would get rid of those blocks.

Thanks Pineconn, you got me unstuck (yeah, right, probably the last key...) Now I'm in the puzzle with the reflecting fireballs locking me in. Dang you're tricky

Dan Furst
02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
BTW Dan, I finished 12 Palaces today and really enjoyed it.

Glad you had fun. :)

Merlim402
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Alright, heading for level 9! Whoa! Great quest Pineconn! Is there anything I need to do before level 9? Thanks for all of the support guys!

Russ
02-04-2008, 08:43 PM
You need the red armor, you need the level three sword, and you need all the heart container pieces. Well, you don't need them, but they help a lot.

Pineconn
02-04-2008, 09:58 PM
The only thing that you actually need outside of Level 9 is a key, which you'll find in a lava cave within the same area.

Good luck within Level 9!

newbe swan
02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I have to say, I love this game so far. I had a few issues getting started because I have Vista, but I hope they're resolved.

For now, I'm stuck in level 3 and I think I'm missing the hookshot or something.

I completed level 2, but when I go see Link's mom, she tells me if I see a creature with a big eye the noise will make it shrivel. If I'm not mistaken, that's the boss I beat in level 2.

Am I missing something?:shrug::shrug:

Russ
02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Where in level three are you stuck?

newbe swan
02-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I've gone to the left, but can't get to the chest...it seems I need the hookshot to get across. I went up bombed the crack, and that's as far as I can get.

I have the boomerang, bow and arrows, occarina and upgraded my shield.

I'll go back and try slashing some more, but am I missing an item...and since I beat the boss in level 2 with the occarina and sword, is it normal that mom would still say how to slay the monster with the big eye with loud music and to come back later?

BTW, got the map and compass.

I've been reading anout versions and Vista...I'm using version 2.11 does that work with Vista?

newbe swan
02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I found a way and got the ladder....I wasn't looking hard enough...hehehe...

I'll continue and see if I run into any more snags.

Thanks for your help ;)

Pineconn
02-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I completed level 2, but when I go see Link's mom, she tells me if I see a creature with a big eye the noise will make it shrivel. If I'm not mistaken, that's the boss I beat in level 2.

Eh, what? If you killed the boss of Level 2, Link's mom should have given you a potion. What beta are you using?

erm2003
02-05-2008, 06:33 PM
If I have time this weekend I need to start this quest over from the beginning using the latest build. Remember how I was having boss issues? Well that obviously prevents any boss flags or carry overs from activating as well.

newbe swan
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Eh, what? If you killed the boss of Level 2, Link's mom should have given you a potion. What beta are you using?

I'm using version 2.11 (2.10 didn't work on my Vista). I completed level 3 and still same message from mom about the monster that will shrivel with music and haven't gotten anything from mom.

Should I start over on a different version? What works with Vista?

I also can't find level 4 nor the lens or tunic. I'll keep exploring.

Any help though with the version would be great...I hope I don't have to start the game over though.

kiwimum
02-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi again, I am in level 6 and cannot seem to reach the top right rooms on Floor 1, i loose my sword and cant get any further. can see into rooms and i need keys. Have been to all other rooms on both floors and also the Boss Room. Please can you tell me what im doing wrong. Thanks. I have the Hammer and the silver arrow from this level.

Russ
02-06-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm using version 2.11 (2.10 didn't work on my Vista). I completed level 3 and still same message from mom about the monster that will shrivel with music and haven't gotten anything from mom.

Should I start over on a different version? What works with Vista?

I also can't find level 4 nor the lens or tunic. I'll keep exploring.

Any help though with the version would be great...I hope I don't have to start the game over though.

If you have Vista, make sure yo use the very newest alpha build (631) to play it, as any other build will have at least one major bug.

newbe swan
02-06-2008, 09:02 AM
If you have Vista, make sure yo use the very newest alpha build (631) to play it, as any other build will have at least one major bug.

Where can I get that? And does it mean I need to start over or can I use the same qst file?

thx...:)

Nicholas Steel
02-06-2008, 09:05 AM
http://www.shardstorm.dreamhosters.com/

2.11 is ancient... probably 2 years old now and extremely buggy. you should use the latest from the link above for the 2nd most stable bug free experience. for the most bug free experience you should use the version the quest was made in till the next version of ZC is finalized.

newbe swan
02-06-2008, 09:32 AM
http://www.shardstorm.dreamhosters.com/

2.11 is ancient... probably 2 years old now and extremely buggy. you should use the latest from the link above for the 2nd most stable bug free experience. for the most bug free experience you should use the version the quest was made in till the next version of ZC is finalized.

Thanks franpa...I'm not that savvy in this area....which one do I use? I don't see a 631...should I use 731?

Also, how does this work? Is this the version to play or do i use this with 2.11 or does this make 2.10 work with Vista? :shrug::shrug:

Thanks again for helping...I'd really like to do this whole quest

I installed 731 thinking it must be the latest and greatest, and it doesn't work very well. When I exit houses, it lets me out too far front (not right at the entrance) and sometimes it gets me stuck in areas I can't move so I have to exit the game....Help!

I also had to start the quest over. Is there a way to continue my quest where I left off, and what should I use to have this work with Vista???

Russ
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
To not have to start all over, go to the folder the old version of ZC was in. Find a file called "zc.sav", and copy it into your new folder. This will copy over all saved game data. And could you post pictures of the bugs you are finding?

And I meant 731. Sorry.

newbe swan
02-06-2008, 12:48 PM
To not have to start all over, go to the folder the old version of ZC was in. Find a file called "zc.sav", and copy it into your new folder. This will copy over all saved game data. And could you post pictures of the bugs you are finding?

And I meant 731. Sorry.

Thanks russadwan. I tried all that and it doesn't work. It gives me an error about the saved file. I don't mind starting over, I just completed 3 levels, but how is it that when I exit a room, it takes me down about 1 block more down than it should and I get stuck?

Thanks again :)

Russ
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks russadwan. I tried all that and it doesn't work. It gives me an error about the saved file. I don't mind starting over, I just completed 3 levels, but how is it that when I exit a room, it takes me down about 1 block more down than it should and I get stuck?

Thanks again :)
I think that is a compatibility error due to the way warps work in 2.5 vs. how they work in 2.10. Pineconn, I'm starting to thing that the 2.5 version of LttH will be necesarry. Especially once 2.5 comes out, since practically nobody will be using 2.10 anymore.

Pineconn
02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
No, 2.5 won't come out until it is perfectly compatible with 2.10 quests. You can paint the town red with that statement (and I will personally make sure it happens).

Hi again, I am in level 6 and cannot seem to reach the top right rooms on Floor 1, i loose my sword and cant get any further. can see into rooms and i need keys. Have been to all other rooms on both floors and also the Boss Room. Please can you tell me what im doing wrong. Thanks. I have the Hammer and the silver arrow from this level.

Wait... if you've gotten the silver arrow, you should have been able to get into all the NE-most rooms of F1. Can you specify which rooms you haven't been in using the key below?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/dngn_ex.gif
For example, the red room is 14, the green room is 75.

Russ
02-06-2008, 09:30 PM
No, 2.5 won't come out until it is perfectly compatible with 2.10 quests. You can paint the town red with that statement (and I will personally make sure it happens).

Isn't that what they said with 2.10? Because that sure didn't happen.

patrickab7
02-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Just waiting for Pineconn to post something to the effect of "Hmm, did I say the master sword WASN'T in the game.........???"

Russ
02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Just waiting for Pineconn to post something to the effect of "Hmm, did I say the master sword WASN'T in the game.........???"
It isn't. There are only three swords in the game.

newbe swan
02-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I think that is a compatibility error due to the way warps work in 2.5 vs. how they work in 2.10. Pineconn, I'm starting to thing that the 2.5 version of LttH will be necesarry. Especially once 2.5 comes out, since practically nobody will be using 2.10 anymore.

Thanks again russadwan...it's working (though i still need to restart when i go into certain homes as i get stuck -- but if this is as bad as it gets i can definitely play with it...lol).

I do need some help though, I found level 4, but no tunic and no key are they both in this area?

patrickab7
02-06-2008, 10:37 PM
It isn't. There are only three swords in the game.

Yeah, just joking...since no one realized the double magic was in the game until he mentioned it. :D

-PB

Pineconn
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM

This'll be fixed in the next beta. I also just posted 5 bugs, so they'll hopefully be fixed soon.

I do need some help though, I found level 4, but no tunic and no key are they both in this area?

The Blue Tunic is in a cave about three screens west of the entrance to Level 4. The key is found in the very NE screen of the Snowy Plateau, but you can get it only by bombing out of Level 4.

kiwimum
02-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Me again, have been back into the game and the rooms im having trouble with are as follows. Room 13 i Lose my sword go on to 15 where there is a chest with the Boss Key in it, but i have no keys, i then go up to 5 another locked door here. Any suggestions.Thankyou.

Pineconn
02-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh. Well, in this case, you're missing a key. Possible location:

F1 07
F1 32
F1 71
F2 16 (you have to enter this room from the southern door)
F2 10
F2 21
F2 24
F2 43
F2 65
F2 72

Get to it. :D

patrickab7
02-07-2008, 08:55 AM
It would be fun to throw the master sword into the game as another post-Vaati bonus...maybe hide it somewhere where you need to boots to get to it? :-D (Ehh, just a suggestion.)

newbe swan
02-07-2008, 11:21 AM
This'll be fixed in the next beta. I also just posted 5 bugs, so they'll hopefully be fixed soon.

The Blue Tunic is in a cave about three screens west of the entrance to Level 4. The key is found in the very NE screen of the Snowy Plateau, but you can get it only by bombing out of Level 4.

Thanks Pineconn. I haven't gotten it yet, but still trying. I lost count of the number of times I died trying to get through this cave. I managed to get through the fire balls and killl verything but the crabs several times and got nothing, so I assume I really need to kill those crabs - of course. Well, I'll try again later today....lol.

Great quest so far, abd tough. My son and I are playing it together and he's much better than I am. I'll probably leave those crabs to him...hehehe

Russ
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
It would be fun to throw the master sword into the game as another post-Vaati bonus...maybe hide it somewhere where you need to boots to get to it? :-D (Ehh, just a suggestion.)
Hm, that would be a good idea.

Great quest so far, abd tough. My son and I are playing it together and he's much better than I am. I'll probably leave those crabs to him...hehehe
Wow, a real loving father. Just kidding. :D

newbe swan
02-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Hm, that would be a good idea.

Wow, a real loving father. Just kidding. :D

Or mother...lol. BTW, I don't want the answer yet bc I'll try to keep searching, but there's a chest in a room I can't get to...I tried bombing from the room below, which is just a stairway that brings you there and a chest on the other side you can't get to from here, and I tried bombing from the east side of the room where the red ghosts are.

Is this another bug or am I on the wrong track?

I'll go to bed now and retry tomorrow, maybe I'll think more clearly. Or maybe my son will figure it out...he beat the crabs btw (yay we got the tunic!)

chip_on
02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
It's been a while since I've been able to play (work has just got to stop getting in the way) this and I'm stuck in Lvl 7.

I'm in B3-11 and 01. There is a ghost in 01 that can't be killed. I find nothing that allows me to get to the 00, 10 or 20 cells. Based on the location of the keys for Lvl 7, I need to get the key in B3-20 in order to open the door at B2-31.

What am I missing.

Thanks for the help

patrickab7
02-08-2008, 06:29 PM
One of the hint tiles tells you how to deal with that ghost: Superbomb.

oldtimer
02-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Great Great Guest. Can you tell me where the Lens of Truth is.

Pineconn
02-08-2008, 10:17 PM

Actually... this wouldn't work.

You may have never noticed the intricacy of this room. You trigger the star tiles by walking over them, but why doesn't triggering them also trigger the warp tile to appear? Actually, I placed a Master Sword flag on the warp tile, so when you trigger the item flag (i.e., when the Wizzrobe triggers the crystal), the Master Sword triggers -- and therefore the warp appears. This works properly because the star trigger doesn't activate item triggers. As a result, I had to get rid of the Master Sword sprite so that the Lens of Truth doesn't show the sword graphic. That means no Master Sword for you.

Or mother...lol. BTW, I don't want the answer yet bc I'll try to keep searching, but there's a chest in a room I can't get to...I tried bombing from the room below, which is just a stairway that brings you there and a chest on the other side you can't get to from here, and I tried bombing from the east side of the room where the red ghosts are.

Actually, you need the flippers (Level 5) to get to that chest. I'm really beginning to think I should just get rid of it in a future update. :shrug:

There is a ghost in 01 that can't be killed.

Yeah, as patrickab7 said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/superbomb.png

Great Great Guest. Can you tell me where the Lens of Truth is.

The Lens of Truth is found in Level B. The entrance to Level B is in the very NE screen of the Graveyard.

kiwimum
02-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Many thanks, found missing key and have completed level 6, on my way again.

Merlim402
02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, I tried to go as far as I could in Level 9 before I posted, and now I need help. I have cleared all but one room on F1. I have gone in every room that I could go in on F2 & F3. I know that I need to find the golden arrow before I can progress to other parts of the dungeon, but where is it? What to do next? Thanks for all of your help guys it has been a great quest to conquer Pinconn!

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 12:29 AM
The golden arrow is hiding in room 37 of B1, which is the upper of the two rightmost rooms in the first basement. From the entrance of Level 9, go up, up, left, left, left, down, up the stairs, then right. It'll be a fairly linear path from there. If you need help in many of the numerous puzzles en route, feel free to ask.

jhaymaker
02-10-2008, 10:56 AM
The only thing that you actually need outside of Level 9 is a key, which you'll find in a lava cave within the same area.

Does this mean that this key is supposed to be used in level 9? If so, I've squandered it in some other level and am stuck in 9.

Russ
02-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Does this mean that this key is supposed to be used in level 9? If so, I've squandered it in some other level and am stuck in 9.
Well, then go back into the level you used it in and find another key. Or Pineconn could give you the location of the secret key.

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM

This shouldn't be possible. You needed the Magic Book to get this key, and there was no locked door after you got the book in Level 8 until now. How could you have gotten it and used it beforehand?

jhaymaker
02-10-2008, 06:11 PM
This shouldn't be possible. You needed the Magic Book to get this key, and there was no locked door after you got the book in Level 8 until now. How could you have gotten it and used it beforehand?

Guess I still have a chance then. Thx

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 06:37 PM
The cave is two screens to the right of the entrance to Level 9; the key is after the push block puzzle. If it isn't there, tell me, and I'll direct you to another (secret) key.

mcrawford
02-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I can not find the way to lv6. I have the cross and have gotten to one side of the lv, but I can not figure out the puzzle to get to the main entrance to that lv. Help is needed please. thanks, Mary

Dan Furst
02-10-2008, 09:00 PM
You remember going through the cave that took you to just west of the entrance of L6? There are numbered blocks in here: push them (in order) to reveal the directions of the desert maze path.

mcrawford
02-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks Dan Furst for the help.

jhaymaker
02-11-2008, 06:35 AM
The cave is two screens to the right of the entrance to Level 9; the key is after the push block puzzle. If it isn't there, tell me, and I'll direct you to another (secret) key.

I had used this one a long time ago. The secret key would be a great help. I'll maintain the secrecy. Thx

Russ
02-11-2008, 11:41 AM
You used that one? Did you get the key on top up the Goron's mountain? Pineconn, I think that secret key might be needed here. Too bad. *Sneaks off and throws a party because the secret key is finally going to be used* :D

newbe swan
02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm stuck in level 5. I'm missing a key, but I did get the boss key. I used the warp in the water, but I can't kill the spiders or find a place to stand on.

I've been going around in circles but can't get anywhere. Any hints?:banghead:

Pineconn
02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm stuck in level 5. I'm missing a key, but I did get the boss key. I used the warp in the water, but I can't kill the spiders or find a place to stand on.

?

Well, I'll just give you the locations of all the keys in Level 5 after the flippers.

1. B1 35 (take the stairs in the water; the actual key is in B1 73)
2. B1 54 (in the doorway)
3. B1 53 (from entrance of Level 5, go up, into the water and right, up, left, and down the stairs - it's linear from there)
4. F1 37 (you have to enter the water in F1 55, though)

newbe swan
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
?

Well, I'll just give you the locations of all the keys in Level 5 after the flippers.

3. B1 53 (from entrance of Level 5, go up, into the water and right, up, left, and down the stairs - it's linear from there)

Thanks, I thought I checked everywhere, but I'll go look through again...I'm sure I missed something

Found it...thanks ☺

Merlim402
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the help Pineconn, one question, how do you get past the room with the blocks and the candles that control them Level 9 (F2, 52)? Tricky!

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the help Pineconn, one question, how do you get past the room with the blocks and the candles that control them Level 9 (F2, 52)? Tricky!

Shoot magic to the left, then quickly shoot magic to the right. Quickly walk up through the obstacles when each set is down (they'll go fast, so be nimble).

chip_on
02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
I think the longer I play this the dumber I get:unhappy:

I finished lvl 7, went to the clouds - found the 4 keys and then went into the Palace of the spitits. I've used 3 of the 4 keys and now I seem to be in a loop. Nothing I try will allow me to go into an area that is not easily accessible.

I assume that I will somehow have to throw the floor switches so that i can use the wand on the mirrors to hit the crystal but I don't see how to do it.

Thaks for everyon'e help

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 05:50 PM
May I direct you to this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1159960&postcount=638)?

bobrocks95
02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I remember that room, it took me a while. Pineconn, what's new in the latest version? This thread is beginning to get too many replies for me to keep up with. The last update I saw was where you added a couple rooms to the last level and made the final boss fight longer.

Toe-Knee
02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Great quest so far :)
I need help finding level 4. I must be blind or something because I don't know how to get to the snowy area and I'm sure that's what I need. Can someone kindly guide me?

Oh and before I forget, I found the volcanic area through that long house and when I enter the first tunnel I see 2 stars in back of a block and I can't go further. Do I need to find another entrance? Also when I head further east it seems I need the hookshot to continue to get to the other side and climb the ladder. When and where will I find the hookshot?

Ah I remembered 1 more thing. I got to the clouds where I found the 2nd sword originally. I found a chest with blocks around it but can't reach it. What do I have to do?
Hopefully this is all for now unless I remember something else LOL

bobrocks95
02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Do you have the ladder and the Ocarina/Flute? If I remember correctly, one screen to the right of the screen with a cave should have a small patch of land you can use your ladder to get across.

Toe-Knee
02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Do you have the ladder and the Ocarina/Flute? If I remember correctly, one screen to the right of the screen with a cave should have a small patch of land you can use your ladder to get across.

Yes I have both. Are you talking about getting to level 4? What cave are you referring to? You can quote next time so I know what you're replying to. I really feel dumb, all I want is to find level 4 :(

**Edit** Ok I figured out how to get the treasure chest in Heaven's trail which was only rupees :tongue:

I still need to find how to get to level 4 but can't quite figure it out. I know it's something simple but what?

bobrocks95
02-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes I have both. Are you talking about getting to level 4? What cave are you referring to? You can quote next time so I know what you're replying to. I really feel dumb, all I want is to find level 4 :(

I'm referring to the cave in the Volcano area. When you first enter from the long house, head right, PAST the screen with the small cave but BEFORE the screen where you need the hookshot, there should be a spot near the top that you can use the ladder to get across. After heading up once crossing the lava, head right where you should see an ocarina space. You know what to do here. This path should lead you to the Snowy area, where level 4 is, in the top-right hand corner.

Toe-Knee
02-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Ah thanks, I'll try that :)

One more thing for now, how do I get accross to the other side of the skulls?
http://i29.tinypic.com/es6x37.jpg

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, and your little dog, too! :blah:

EDIT: You'll see. Don't worry about it quite yet. ;)

bobrocks95
02-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Whoa, is that new?

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Nope, that's always been in there. It connects two parts of Heavens Trail together (more specifically, the Hestone Mountain part and the Snowy Plateau part).

bobrocks95
02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh, I knew that. Just didn't get the Wizard of Oz quote.

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh. Me neither, I was just feeling spontaneous at the moment.

Russ
02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh. Me neither, I was just feeling spontaneous at the moment.
And I thought my brother was random. Did that post have anything at all to do with LttH?

Toe-Knee
02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Ok from the 1st image below in level 4 I need 2 keys, I got 1 so far. The 2nd image I have no idea how to reach that treasure chest, the 3rd image I played the ocarina and it cracked the blocks but I still can't get past them and don't know what to do. What did I miss so far?

http://i28.tinypic.com/34qjpcy.jpg http://i27.tinypic.com/2e37j41.jpg http://i30.tinypic.com/2ic8p5z.jpg

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Try playing the ocarina a few more times on the pad. And by the way, this question was answered in the FAQ section of the read-me that nobody reads. ;)

And I thought my brother was random. Did that post have anything at all to do with LttH?

Nope. Did yours? Ha.

Toe-Knee
02-12-2008, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Pineconn;1161301]Try playing the ocarina a few more times on the pad. And by the way, this question was answered in the FAQ section of the read-me that nobody reads. ;)

What FAQ?:tongue: Anyway that did the trick, on to level 5 :D

Russ
02-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Pineconn, why do you have to use the ocarina mulitple times?

Toe-Knee
02-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Ok I'm in level 5, I've gone as far as get the hookshot and I have 2 keys, other than that I can't seem to go any further, I've revisited all the rooms I've been to before and nothing. Now what did I miss this time? :(

**Edit** oops I forgot the other entrance to the west ... let's try again ;)

Russ
02-13-2008, 01:31 AM
**Edit** oops I forgot the other entrance to the west ... let's try again ;)
And just so we can avoid another question, after the have the boss key and one normal key, look for a third entrance.

Toe-Knee
02-13-2008, 02:27 AM
Well that's my problem, I found the 3rd entrance but can't find the boss key to get in. I made it to the room below and the room left of this I need a key to access it. What did I forget this time? <---- yes I couldn't avoid another question :tongue:

http://i32.tinypic.com/33y00f8.jpg

Ok this is frustrating, I can't seem to find the boss key anywhere and I bet I'm missing something simple again :(

Where's the key for this room?
http://i27.tinypic.com/j82zpj.jpg

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 08:19 AM
After pushing all the torches, try diving at where they intersect for a quick Rupee. You are missing either two or three keys, actually.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/dngn_ex.gif
For example, the red room is 14, the green room is 75.

chip_on
02-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Pineconn - Thanks. I don't think I would have thought of waiting for the wizzrobe. I normally just try to kill everything and then sit and think about room solutions.

GREAT QUEST - Thanks

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Which makes it a great puzzle. ;)

collieman
02-13-2008, 02:02 PM
hey, i love the zelda games and have played them all over and over, i found this link to the heavens yesterday and am excited to play a new one.

im having trouble in the first level. i cant find the arrow. i have the boomerang and the bow. what am i missing? ive searched through this thread and cant see anything about it. everyone else seems to have found it easily. i cant get past the room with the boss door in it.

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
From the entrance to Level 1, go right, up, left, and left. Push the eyeball statue to reveal a staircase. When you emerge from the passageway, go left to get a key. Go back right then down. It's a linear path to the arrow from here.

collieman
02-13-2008, 02:12 PM
got it, thanks!

im sure ill be asking you for more info soon.http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif
Talking

when were we going to expect a zelda similar to the one for the super nintendo?

collieman
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
got it, thanks!

im sure ill be asking you for more info soon.
when were we going to expect a zelda similar to the one for the super nintendo?

bobrocks95
02-13-2008, 02:20 PM
I've wondered on that too. It seems no one has tried to make a LttP remake, or not that I've been able to find at least. I can't think of anything that's beyond belief in LttP that would be impossible to do in ZC, especially with the new scripting abilities.

Russ
02-13-2008, 02:54 PM
I've wondered on that too. It seems no one has tried to make a LttP remake, or not that I've been able to find at least. I can't think of anything that's beyond belief in LttP that would be impossible to do in ZC, especially with the new scripting abilities.
I am thinking about doing a LttP remake. But one giant problem stands in the way. Z3 screen scrolling. In LttP, some rooms ( and all of the overworld) would scroll with Link. This cannot be accomplished with ZC yet. But there are some things that LttP ZC could do without.

bobrocks95
02-13-2008, 03:08 PM
I knew that that would be the big problem, but aren't most screens easily splittable into 2 or 4 separate screens?

Russ
02-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I knew that that would be the big problem, but aren't most screens easily splittable into 2 or 4 separate screens?
Yes. That's where the program Hyrule Magic comes into play, which would let me see where the screens split. But this threas is getting off topic. Back to the subject of LttH please.

collieman
02-13-2008, 04:03 PM
is there any list of items this game offers? any maps?

bobrocks95
02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
I believe Dan Furst made a map of all the heart piece locations.

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
If you really want to view the map, you can get it [here (http://filer.case.edu/dpf4/LttH-items.png)]. It shows all Pieces of Heart, bomb upgrades, and magic upgrades.

collieman
02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
thats perfect, thanks dude!

Toe-Knee
02-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Ok now I'm stuck in level 6. I've done every room (so close again) and I'm at the part where I used the silver arrow and the key to get accross, I go to floor 1 and then I encounter the bubbles that take away my sword, I can't open the chest a few rooms east and also the room up that I bombed. What do I do? I need another key or 2 ... don't tell me I missed it somewhere again :uhoh:

Anyway let me know anyone who knows what to do. Thanks.

Ok now that I think of it, someone mentioned about that room with the blocks blocking the way with the skulls pointing to bomb the wall above it. How do I get there? I bet I need a key from there right? :(

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 09:34 PM
From the entrance of Level 6, go left, up, left, up, up the stairs, right, up, up, left, up, left, down the stairs, down, and right. Bomb the southern wall. :D

Toe-Knee
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Too late, I figured it out :tongue:
Now I gotta remember where to get back to that place again so I can use this key :googly:

=======================================

Ok level 7 now, I know this is gonna be a crazy one. I've seen all the comments on how long this level is and the amount of rooms so I'm sure I'll have questions. I'll try to read all the replies to previous posts because I know there are a lot. If I'm stumped I'm sure I'll ask. Hope I don't have to ;)

bm130950
02-14-2008, 01:05 AM
I've just finished level 5 and I have no idea where to go next. Do I have to do something at that house in the clouds?

Great job by the way Pineconn, everything is done very well.

Russ
02-14-2008, 01:18 AM
I've just finished level 5 and I have no idea where to go next. Do I have to do something at that house in the clouds?

Great job by the way Pineconn, everything is done very well.
Go into Hyrule Field (South). Towards the northern border of the south section, you will see a gap you can hookshot over. This will lead you to the desert.

Toe-Knee
02-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Man, level 7 is driving me insane :scared:
Time to sleep, will try again tomorrow if I have time.

Russ
02-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Man, level 7 is driving me insane :scared:
Time to sleep, will try again tomorrow if I have time.
I know. It's crazy. Especially since there are multiple entrances in the graveyard. And did you remember to get the key on top of Heystone Mountain before you went in Level 7?

newbe swan
02-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I know. It's crazy. Especially since there are multiple entrances in the graveyard. And did you remember to get the key on top of Heystone Mountain before you went in Level 7?

Level 7 is driving me crazy too....I know I must be missing something really simple, but I've been going over the same rooms dozens of times and can't figure out what I'm missing.

I got the wand and have 3 keys, but can't get to any locked doors to get the bracelet. Any ideas as to what I'm missing??:banghead::confused:

As usual, I guess I had missed a room....I found room where I could use a key, so will go exploring there. Funny, I've been going around for hours and as soon as I post, I find it.

Maybe I should post more often....lol

collieman
02-14-2008, 04:22 PM
does anyone know how the maze sequence goes on level 3?

Toe-Knee
02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
collieman there was a link in this long thread with the exact path to take. I can't remember for the life of me what the path is but I know if you search you'll find it somewhere.

collieman
02-14-2008, 05:01 PM
i actually got the hint from the man living in the tree not far from level 3. it took me a few tries to get it right, but its left, right, up, up... just in case anyone else needs it

Pineconn
02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
From reply 41 (of 748): click [here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/lv3_maze.png)].

collieman
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
im stuck again in level 3. i got through the maze, i have the map, compass, and ladder. i think ive bombed every inch of every wall. i cannot find the candle, and am frustrated. i think there is something to do anound the area where there are a bunch of red knights and the 2 blue ones, but cant figure it out. help please?