PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Heavens Released

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Toe-Knee
02-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Once again I'm so close, all I need is 1 key to complete level 7 and I know what to do from there. For some reason I can't remember how to get to Basement 2, room 04 to do "the block puzzle again" according to the hints. Can someone help me, I'm fed up of level 7 :cry:

Wait a minute, isn't this room 04 of B2? I don't see a block puzzle :confused:
http://i29.tinypic.com/2zq9b28.jpg

Pineconn
02-14-2008, 08:43 PM
No no no, that's room 40. If you flip room 40 on the y=(-x) line [in other words, the right room of the two northernmost rooms], that's where you can find a key by playing the ocarina multiple times. You need to do "the block puzzle again" to get to this room I'm describing. If you already got this key, you can view the location of every key in Level 7 [here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1154750&postcount=111)].

@ collieman: Well, you need to shoot the eyeball statue in the room you're describing (room 42, right?) to get a key. The location of the candle/lantern is found by going to the right from the entrance room to Level 3. Go in the stairs; when you come out of the passageway, go right twice and follow the linear path to the item.

Toe-Knee
02-14-2008, 08:51 PM
No no no, that's room 40. If you flip room 40 on the y=(-x) line [in other words, the right room of the two northernmost rooms], that's where you can find a key by playing the ocarina multiple times. You need to do "the block puzzle again" to get to this room I'm describing. If you already got this key, you can view the location of every key in Level 7 [here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1154750&postcount=111)].

Yeah I got the link to all key locations, that's how I know I only need 1 key and now I feel stupid I had room 40 instead of 04 haha! Ok now how do I get to the room with the block puzzle? Which one are you referring to? I know I got there before because I remember having to play the ocarina a few times but I just can't remember since this dungeon is so large :( Can you be more specific?

*edit* nevermind, I know which push blocks you mean now :rolleyes:

YAY!!! I finsihed level 7, now onto level 8. Is there anything I need before I start that level?

Pineconn
02-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Red Tunic would be handy (found in Overcast Heavens). You need Din's Fire from Level C (also in Overcast Heavens), but you need to find 4 keys first....which are also in Overcast Heavens! ;)

Toe-Knee
02-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Red Tunic would be handy (found in Overcast Heavens). You need Din's Fire from Level C (also in Overcast Heavens), but you need to find 4 keys first....which are also in Overcast Heavens! ;)

Alright, looks like I have the red tunic and din's fire so I can go to level 8 then. Hope I can do this :)

Ok there's no way I can hit those targets in 10 seconds, I'm always 1 short and I need like 2 seconds more maybe. Why did you make that part so hard? :(

And what's up with this below? I tried 20 times now and it's impossible.
http://i32.tinypic.com/2agvxo7.jpg

I take it from the large lock block that I need the boss key before I can pass that sceen right?

Ok I quit, I have no idea how any of you passed the targets in level 8, I've tried for 30 minutes straight even with faster arrows and I'm gonna pull out my hair.
I hate to give up this way but it's just too frikkin' hard for me :(
Unless you have any help Pineconn????????? PLEASE say there's another way and I don't have to quit ... PLEASSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!

FORGET IT!!! I tried for another 10 minutes almost and it's just not doable, I'm going so fast it's not even funny but I can't do it no matter how hard I try. I always seen to have the far left white target and I can never make it back on time. This is really really frustrating. What am I doing wrong? :cry::cry::cry::cry: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

collieman
02-15-2008, 03:15 AM
@ collieman: Well, you need to shoot the eyeball statue in the room you're describing (room 42, right?) to get a key. The location of the candle/lantern is found by going to the right from the entrance room to Level 3. Go in the stairs; when you come out of the passageway, go right twice and follow the linear path to the item.

first of all, i dont know how the rooms are numbered... please enlighten me.

there is a platform just to the south of the eyeball i need to shoot. i cannot find how to get there. when i go to the room to the left of it, the passageway to that platform is blocked. i havent found a way to reach the 2 blue knights to kill them, but i guess i need to shoot the small eyeball statue?

i tried the path from the passageway and left twice, as you described, but i guess i need the key from room 42 (if that is the correct room)

thanks for your help. usually when i get really stuck, i look up a walkthrough. obviously i wont find one for this, but i do find it challenging, and the zelda theme is always refreshing.

Pineconn
02-15-2008, 03:24 AM
Toe-Knee, check your LttH read-me text file. Look under the Updates section. If it says version 1.2.2, I don't know what to tell you other than go faster. If it says anything below 1.2.2, like 1.2.1 or whatever, re-download the quest from my sig. It'll add a few seconds to this timed puzzle.

Collieman, you need to shoot the eyeball statue with an arrow. Just wait until the blue Darknuts clear a path in order to shoot an arrow. Doing so will allow you to get a key.

Oh, and the numbering system is easy. Each row is 0x, 1x, 2x, all the way to 7x. Each column is x0, x1, x2, all the way to x7 for dungeons and xF (using the hexagonal number system). So, the top-rightmost screen in a dungeon is 07 (the screen below is 17, etc.). The bottom-rightmost screen in an overworld is 7F (the one to the left is 7E, etc.).

collieman
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
i swear i tried that before without success, but it did work this time. thanks!

Toe-Knee
02-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Toe-Knee, check your LttH read-me text file. Look under the Updates section. If it says version 1.2.2, I don't know what to tell you other than go faster. If it says anything below 1.2.2, like 1.2.1 or whatever, re-download the quest from my sig. It'll add a few seconds to this timed puzzle.

Ok I had v1.2.0, I have v 1.2.2 now but nothing has changed. I still have 11 seconds and the same problem as before. How come the txt file is dated feb 15 and the quest file is dated feb 2? Do I have the right one? Anyway for now watch my video (less than 1 MB) here (http://www.zshare.net/video/76367145c060bb/) and tell me how can I go faster? :(

Pineconn
02-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Lol.

Watch the video very closely. Watch the block at the left. Watch it.....watch it....

Toe-Knee
02-15-2008, 02:37 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!
I FELL LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT!!!

Here I am thinking I'm too slow and I'm way faster than I needed to be LOL

I'm glad I quit when I did yesterday, that was 40 minutes of torture for nothing HAHA!

Oh, here's a thought, maybe there should be a loud "BOOM" when we hit enough targets :) j/k ... or better yet (realistically) can you make the targets at the bottom disappear when we're done? (for blind folks like myself :P)

Pineconn
02-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah... I'm thinking up ways to fix that so the timer stops when you hit the last eyeball statue. Perhaps a tile warp to a new screen with a shutter at the top.

Russ
02-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah... I'm thinking up ways to fix that so the timer stops when you hit the last eyeball statue. Perhaps a tile warp to a new screen with a shutter at the top.
That would be nice, given that I normally hit all the targets but was unable to make it to the stairs.

Pineconn
02-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Okay, I fixed it. You can download it from my sig if you want. Tell me if there are any problems.

Valientlink
02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Cool. I haven't used ZC in awhile. I still use 2.10, since I don't know the new versions. But whenever I start my old quests again, bugs.... I can't open Trapped in Quelm anymore. I started Trapped in Quelm in summer 06. It's not bad. But if any new versions can open up old quests let me know. I'll assume your's uses 2.10, and not search through pages for 30 minutes.

Pineconn
02-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, mine was built for 2.10. The latest 2.5 beta should be able to play 2.10, 1.92, and 1.90 quests, but I honestly wouldn't trust it because it's still in a testing stage.

collieman
02-15-2008, 09:25 PM
ok i am about to go into level 4, but before i do, i want to upgrade as much as possible. i have the blue tunic (is there a blue ring also?) 2 bomb upgrades, 3 magic upgrades, 8 3/4 hearts, and the moneybag. is there a sword upgrade available? what about the cross and/or lens. anything else i could look out for?

also, is there anyway to save the game without having to die to get to the menu?

Toe-Knee
02-15-2008, 11:26 PM
If you already have the 2nd sword you're ok for now, if not you can get it (I'm not 100% sure if it's in the mountain part) in the heavens where you walk on clouds. The cross you'll need in level 5 or 6 (I have a bad memory lol) and I know 100% that you'll need the lens starting in level 7 (I actually remembered something :))

Oh and to save without dying, hit F6, choose YES to quitting current game and save afterwards. Hope this helps a bit.

Russ
02-16-2008, 02:13 AM
ok i am about to go into level 4, but before i do, i want to upgrade as much as possible. i have the blue tunic (is there a blue ring also?) 2 bomb upgrades, 3 magic upgrades, 8 3/4 hearts, and the moneybag. is there a sword upgrade available? what about the cross and/or lens. anything else i could look out for?

also, is there anyway to save the game without having to die to get to the menu?
For the level two sword, go to the top of Heystone Mountan, and climb up into the clouds. You will find the level 2 sword there, And the blue tunic is the blue ring. It just has different graphics.

Toe-Knee
02-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Ok I'm stuck in level 8, I have the mirror shield, with that I got 2 keys near the start where I had to reflect fireballs. Where is the book? I know I need that to beat that frozen gleeok. Anyone remember what to do?

Nevermind, I forgot about that room with the wizzrobes I need to reflect back their own magic, I have the book

Russ
02-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Nevermind, I forgot about that room with the wizzrobes I need to reflect back their own magic, I have the book
Now go do the nice thing and unfreeze the evil dragon. It might not be smart, but it's nice. :D

collieman
02-16-2008, 04:42 AM
i have another question. is there a significance with the old guy poking his head out of the hole in the mountain?

Toe-Knee
02-16-2008, 05:10 AM
i have another question. is there a significance with the old guy poking his head out of the hole in the mountain?

yes, when you have the hammer, whack-a-mole his head with it and then enter the cave :D

newbe swan
02-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I need help again. Is there more than 1 entrance to the Palace of Spirits?

I got Dins fire in level C, but can't seem to find the other 2 levels to get the other items.

bobrocks95
02-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Palace of Spirits? Isn't that level 7? Yes, there are several entrances to level 7. Unless you mean the level where you get the lens of truth, which has only 1 entrance.

newbe swan
02-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Palace of Spirits? Isn't that level 7? Yes, there are several entrances to level 7. Unless you mean the level where you get the lens of truth, which has only 1 entrance.

No, the one in the heavens b4 level 8.

bobrocks95
02-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Only 1 entrance, the big tower.

dUTCHIE
02-16-2008, 03:36 PM
can i get a little help here please. its about level 7.
by part 4 of all the keys in wich room i need to bomb something ?

part 5 - how to get there ?

collieman
02-16-2008, 05:28 PM
im going around in circles on level 4. i have the raft and the boomerang. i looking for the boss key. i have one regular key ang cant figure out where to use it. there is a 3 eyed statue with a tounge in room 42 (i think its 42 atleast), is there something to do with that?

LightWorlder
02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Now, I just read that LttH is not to be played on Version 2.5. But is the Lost Isle Build ok?

Dan Furst
02-16-2008, 10:41 PM
dUTCHIE: The room numbers are listed in Pineconn's post about the keys. If you look at the little graphic under the post with the keys, you will see how to count room numbers. To get to #5, go to the warp room with ghosts on screen 62 (same floor as main entrance), then go right, up, up, left, up, (top) right, right, right, up, left.

collieman: Boss key is in room 43. The "strange tongue" is 14. Do the block puzzle and go through the room that has the chest that you can't get until you have the flippers.

LightWorlder: You can play LttH on 2.5 betas, but be prepared to be sad when you find out there is something stopping you from accomplishing something. Use 2.10 if at all possible. (If you MUST use 2.5, use the newest beta. I guess Pineconn posted some LttH-specific bugs, maybe they're addressed.)

Russ
02-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Now, I just read that LttH is not to be played on Version 2.5. But is the Lost Isle Build ok?
No, the Lost Isle build will not work. If you have Vista and cannot use 2.10, then use the latest alpha build. But you really should use 2.10.

Nicholas Steel
02-17-2008, 12:28 PM
the lost isle build contains many bugs that the quest authors had to work around... i believe at the time tho, it was the most stable for FFC and making boss scripts... but now the latest build available is the best.

Yes Dan Furst, a few of the critical bugs in LTTH have been fixed.

Bobbie
02-17-2008, 12:44 PM
I am stuck in Level 5. I can't find the key in the overcast heavens. If it is in the Inn, when do I need to "Come back later?" After I have gotten something in particular? I need this key for the last door so I can get the Boss Key and finish the level.

Can anyone help me please?

jhaymaker
02-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the help a while back, Pineconn. Now stuck in level 9. Beat the reflecting fireball puzzle and got the key, but now can't find a place to use it.

Dan Furst
02-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Bobbie: This key can be found using the "Snowy Plateau" entrance to the Heavens. There is a raft path in the icy water that takes you to this spire (via a Graveyard detour).

jhaymaker: Not exactly sure myself. What items do you have from L9 so far? Fire Boomer + Mirror Shield?

Bobbie
02-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks Dan,

I'll go look there.

jhaymaker
02-17-2008, 02:06 PM
jhaymaker: Not exactly sure myself. What items do you have from L9 so far? Fire Boomer + Mirror Shield?

Yes, both the fire boomer and mirror shield

Bobbie
02-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Well, I still have the same problem in Level 5. I went to the Snowy Plateau and I had already gotten everything up there that I could from chests except the one chest that I need a hammer for.

When I am "Under the Lake it shows a boss key in my inventory, but when I go to the boss door in Level 5 it does not show in my inventory anymore. I already got the two colored boss keys "Under the Lake and used them".

Is something wrong?

dUTCHIE
02-17-2008, 02:47 PM
a tnx Dan Furst i didnt saw the bombable wall.
I think i have all the keys now except 1. i think it is where the 2nd Bracelet is. I was there before... u have to play the ocarina, but i didnt had the 2nd Bracelet that time.
i totally forgot where that room is and i walked for a few hours today.... well u get the point :)

Dan Furst
02-17-2008, 03:41 PM
jhaymaker: I'll wait for Pineconn.

Bobbie: The hammer chest contains rupees. "Under the lake" is not part of L5. So you are in fact missing L5's boss key. There is a regular key is the room with the boss dorr, did you get that one? Kill the enemies.

dUTCHIE: #12 on Pineconn's list. Page 3.

Bobbie
02-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, I killed all the enemies in that room already and got that key. I guess I am missing the Boss key even though it shows in my inventory while under the lake that I have it.

So where do I find the Boss key at?

jhaymaker
02-17-2008, 04:29 PM
jhaymaker: I'll wait for Pineconn.

Thanks, Dan, but I was able to get myself unstuck.

newbe swan
02-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Only 1 entrance, the big tower.

are the other levels accessible through here?

Maybe I'm confused, but I read somewhere that the Palace of Spirits is level C, but I can't seem to find A&B. Can I do level 8 without A&B or are these part of levels 8?:googly:

Russ
02-17-2008, 05:26 PM
are the other levels accessible through here?

Maybe I'm confused, but I read somewhere that the Palace of Spirits is level C, but I can't seem to find A&B. Can I do level 8 without A&B or are these part of levels 8?:googly:
Level A is in the desert where you find the cross. Level B is in the graveyard, where you find the lens of truth.

Bobbie
02-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I finally found the key and that enabled me to finish Level 5.

Does anyone know the maze puzzle in the desert?

Russ
02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
There is a cave in the desert. At the end of the cave are some blocks you can push. They will tell you the way through the desert sands...

Bobbie
02-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Thank you!

Russ
02-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Thank you!
You're welcome.

LightWorlder
02-17-2008, 09:48 PM
No, the Lost Isle build will not work. If you have Vista and cannot use 2.10, then use the latest alpha build. But you really should use 2.10.

Two things:

1. I do have Vista, so I cannot use 2.10
2. The Lost Isle Build has not given me any problems with LttH so far.

dafeedil
02-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I've made it to level 7 without any help, now I'm completely confused. I have the wand and 2 keys, but can find no way to find the second glove. I think I've found every entrance to level 7 but can't find a way to the glove. Can I get it from the "main" entrance of the level, or some other entrance? I keep going over and over thru the same rooms that I'm about ready to quit playing.

Russ
02-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Two things:

1. I do have Vista, so I cannot use 2.10
2. The Lost Isle Build has not given me any problems with LttH so far.
Well, you will run into problems with it. Just download the newest build and copy the file called "zc.sav" into the new folder to continue where you left off.

newbe swan
02-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Level A is in the desert where you find the cross. Level B is in the graveyard, where you find the lens of truth.

Thanks russadwan...thought we had missed something.

Well, we finished level 8 and are now stuck in level 9 and need some help.

We got the fire boomerang, but are stuck in a room where we keep deflecting the fireballs and can't move the 2 blocks. Any way to get rid of the shield to do this? Or is there a way around this?

We even had to use a potion and lost all those hearts too. We did it in another room and this one should have been easier, but it seems impossible.

Any advice?...we can't seems to get it and we'ew trying to get to the golden arrow.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

collieman
02-18-2008, 12:14 AM
i dont know if this is because of a limitation to the version, but i think in many cases we should be able to activate a crystal, statue, or even crush a pot with any weopon. the crystals only activate with a boomerang? why cant it be also with a sword or arrow? why cant pots be crushed with arrows or the hammer? i know in some cases it needs to be exclusive, but besides program conflicts, is there any other reason in other cases?

Russ
02-18-2008, 12:59 AM
i dont know if this is because of a limitation to the version, but i think in many cases we should be able to activate a crystal, statue, or even crush a pot with any weopon. the crystals only activate with a boomerang? why cant it be also with a sword or arrow? why cant pots be crushed with arrows or the hammer? i know in some cases it needs to be exclusive, but besides program conflicts, is there any other reason in other cases?
The pots cannot be smashed because they are slash combos. The switches could be made to activate with any item, but Pineconn made it simple by making each switch be activated with a single item.

Dan Furst
02-18-2008, 01:17 AM
dafeedil: The bracelet is in B2 room 30. From the main entrance, take the portal in the room with ghosts, then make it to the passageway in room 36.

newbe swan: Do you have the second tunic? (1/4 damage) If so, then don't worry about you life gauge, just focus on not reflecting fireballs. It's completely opposite of what you have come to get used to, no?

collieman
02-18-2008, 01:30 PM
what level is the key from the cave in death mountain meant for?

bobrocks95
02-18-2008, 02:40 PM
? The one you get from hitting the old man on the head?

collieman
02-18-2008, 02:40 PM
yeah, that one

bobrocks95
02-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Let me try to remember... I know it's the next level you go to, otherwise you couldn't get into it... Level 8 is in the clouds, 7 is in the graveyard, 6 is in the desert, maybe? 5 is in the lake, I believe, 4 is in the Wintery place, 3 is in the forest, 2 is in the mountains, and 1 is in the swamp. I know it's not 1-4, and it's not 8,7, or 6, so I guess it's one of the keys you need to get into level 5, unless my order is wrong.

collieman
02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
actually you cant get the key until you get the hammer (level 6) so i guess it would be for 7 then?

bobrocks95
02-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes, I just don't remember the level order very well :P

Russ
02-18-2008, 03:05 PM
actually you cant get the key until you get the hammer (level 6) so i guess it would be for 7 then?
Yes, the key on Heystone Mountain is for level 7. Pineconn, is the Volcanic Wasteland supposed to be Death Mountain, or is Heystone Mountain really Death Mountain? Or are they both the same mountain?

Dan Furst
02-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Disregard this post.

Russ
02-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Disregard this post.
Why? What did you edit out of the the post? I'll go crazy if I don't know!

dUTCHIE
02-18-2008, 05:03 PM
lvl 7 that block puzzle b2 room 04 how can i get there main intrance ?
i totally forgot where it is :)

LightWorlder
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Well, you will run into problems with it. Just download the newest build and copy the file called "zc.sav" into the new folder to continue where you left off.

Alright, I've got 2.5, so I'll try that. Unless 2.10.2 works on Vista, then I'll get that.

collieman
02-18-2008, 07:00 PM
is there a second moneybag upgrade, if so can i get it before entering level 7?
also, what other upgrades can i get now too? i have the blue bow. is there a second tunic glove or sword upgrade?

dafeedil
02-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for your help Dan, I don't know how in the heck I missed that whole set of rooms in Level 7. Now I'm in Level "C" and can't seem to get anywhere in there. There's one room with a red wizzrobe and a wand switch but I can't get to the right position to activate it. Do I need to use the wizzrobe to hit the switch, or am I not even ready to be in this level yet? The wizzrobe comes back after you kill it, so I'm guessing I need to use him somehow. I went into level 8 and it looks like I need Din's fire to get in there, which I don't have, I'm figuring it's in this level "C"? Is there another entrance to this level?

Pineconn
02-18-2008, 10:44 PM
It sucks to have been gone for a few days. So many questions!

Yes, the key on Heystone Mountain is for level 7. Pineconn, is the Volcanic Wasteland supposed to be Death Mountain, or is Heystone Mountain really Death Mountain? Or are they both the same mountain?

I've never heard of "Heystone Mountain", but I do know of a "Hestone Mountain". ;) Seriously, my Hyrule has no connection to Nintendo's Hyrule.

@ LightWorlder: You'd be best off using beta 735. I'm pretty sure it works pretty well with 2.10 quests.

@ Dafeedil: Here's the solution. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1159960&postcount=638)

@ Collieman: The second wallet is in a small mini-dungeon in Lake Hylia. Dive where 4 rocks cross. It's easy to find (look toward the southern cliff of the lake). You should have gotten the Magic Sword by entering Heavens Trail through Sparsi Desert, also.

@ Jhaymaker: From the entrance of Level 9, go up, up, left, left, left, down, up the stairs, and right. Go through a string of puzzles and you'll be on your way.

collieman
02-18-2008, 10:54 PM
ok, got the wallet. i found that when i need money, i go through zoras training grounds a couple times. its quick money.

right now im stuck on level 7. i have found 3 or 4 entrances, i used2 keys (i think), and am lost as to where else to go. i havent found any items yet. please help!

Pineconn
02-18-2008, 11:04 PM
If you ever need keys, check out post #111 (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1154750&postcount=111). The first item is in room 15 of B2. From the entrance of Level 7, go right, right, down, left, down, down, right, and down. Take the warp and go right, up, up, left, up, right (top door), right, up, left, up, up, and right. Hopefully you can get here!

Dan Furst
02-18-2008, 11:34 PM
It sucks to have been gone for a few days.

Where'd ya go?

dafeedil
02-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks Pine, I figured that out on my own, I thought I had to use that wizzrobe somehow :D I'm in level 8 now, oh, I HATE those stupid tornado wizzrobe things :mad: This is quite a fun game, very very well thought out. Great job :D

Russ
02-19-2008, 01:29 AM
I've never heard of "Heystone Mountain", but I do know of a "Hestone Mountain". ;) Seriously, my Hyrule has no connection to Nintendo's Hyrule.

Well then explain why:
You have as volcano in the north, like Death Mountain is in LttP.
You have a swamp to the south west, like in LttP.
You have a desert to the west, like in OoT and LttP and TP.
You have a lake in the south east, like in LttP and OoT.

collieman
02-19-2008, 03:19 AM
If you ever need keys, check out post #111 (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1154750&postcount=111). The first item is in room 15 of B2. From the entrance of Level 7, go right, right, down, left, down, down, right, and down. Take the warp and go right, up, up, left, up, right (top door), right, up, left, up, up, and right. Hopefully you can get here!

alright, ive found the path you explained. i seem to be missing one key, and i dont know how to get to it. on your list in link #111, im missing ( i think) #4. im not sure how to get to that particular room. this level so far seems to be the toughest. i thought 6 was difficult and well put together, but eventually i was able to complete it without any help. this one though, ive been going in circles and back. please help.

EDIT: nevermind, i found the key and the item. but dont breathe yet, im sure ill still need something soon

dUTCHIE
02-19-2008, 03:26 PM
i totally forgot where it is

jhaymaker
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Looks like I'm toast. As if fighting Vaati weren't hard enough, Windows has started unexpectedly shutting down the app about 2/3rds of the time when I'm fighting the white bubbles. Pineconn and Dan, you make a great team, and I appreciate what a fine job you did with this quest. Really innovative work. And thanks for all your help.

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
It's weird. The more that people praise the quest, the worst the quest's rating seems to get. 4.70? Bah.

Where'd ya go?

Snowmobiling up in Michigan. I realized that my snowmobile won't go over 85 mph on snow-covered roads. :)

Well then explain why:
You have as volcano in the north, like Death Mountain is in LttP.
You have a swamp to the south west, like in LttP.
You have a desert to the west, like in OoT and LttP and TP.
You have a lake in the south east, like in LttP and OoT.

Honestly, all I did was take a sheet of paper (like this, clicky-clicky (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_original.jpg)) and sketch in the areas. Oh, and those brown stains at the bottom are coffee stains. My dad spilled coffee on it. Twice.

i totally forgot where it is

Try, from the main entrance to Level 7, going right, right, down, left, down, down, right, down, into the teleporter, right, up, and right. Complete this block puzzle again (something that I'll never have you do in my next quest -- complete a block puzzle too many times). You'll soon find yourself at where you need to be.

bobrocks95
02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
lol, coffee stains :P

Russ
02-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Honestly, all I did was take a sheet of paper (like this, clicky-clicky (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ltth_original.jpg)) and sketch in the areas. Oh, and those brown stains at the bottom are coffee stains. My dad spilled coffee on it. Twice.
Oh. Well, it sure seems a lot like the overworld of other Zelda games. There is one thing I don't get though. Why is it that even though it is Hyrule, only Lake Hylia still carries the same name as all the other areas do in real Zelda games?

And by the way, I think I have figured out where End of Time and Link to the Heavens go in the Zelda timeline. It seems to be some time after Four Swords Adventure. Link in End of Time is the same Link as in FSA, who is also the Hero of Time. I actually came up with the theory because whent he hero is talked about in LttH, I couldn't figure out if it were talking about the Hero of Time or the hero in EoT. Eventually, I though maybe they were the same. The genious of the theory is that it explains why the end boss is working for you know who. But enough of my blabering on. By the way, I take back the criticism of the storyline, since I can see it fitting into the main Zelda storyline.

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Oh. Well, it sure seems a lot like the overworld of other Zelda games. There is one thing I don't get though. Why is it that even though it is Hyrule, only Lake Hylia still carries the same name as all the other areas do in real Zelda games?

Because I couldn't think of a better name. :p

And by the way, I think I have figured out where End of Time and Link to the Heavens go in the Zelda timeline. It seems to be some time after Four Swords Adventure. Link in End of Time is the same Link as in FSA, who is also the Hero of Time. I actually came up with the theory because whent he hero is talked about in LttH, I couldn't figure out if it were talking about the Hero of Time or the hero in EoT. Eventually, I though maybe they were the same. The genious of the theory is that it explains why the end boss is working for you know who. But enough of my blabering on. By the way, I take back the criticism of the storyline, since I can see it fitting into the main Zelda storyline.

...Exactly.

Russ
02-19-2008, 09:23 PM
...Exactly.
I know, I care too much about the storyline. That's just the way I am. I like good books, and I see video games as interactive books. Thus, I like these books to be properly explained.

collieman
02-19-2008, 09:36 PM
how do we get the kitten off of the roof in town?

Toe-Knee
02-19-2008, 09:44 PM

Call the fireman? :tongue:

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah, you can't. It was worth a laugh or two, nothing more.

Russ
02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Unfortunatly, you can't. Unless Pineconn makes a 2.5 version in the future and decides to implant this feature. Maybe it could be a trading sequence, ending with the fish used to lure the cat off of the roof.

collieman
02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
i guess because of the guy in the house to the north asking for the cat, i assumed it was part of the game.

i finished level 7, it took me two days. is level 8 in the clouds? what do i need to get before entering? upgrades, whatever...
is the second tunic available yet? what about the sword?
is there only 5 magic upgrades?

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
You'll find the Red Tunic and Level 8 in the Overcast Heavens. You should have gotten the 3rd sword (2nd upgrade) in the part of Heavens Trail that is connected to Sparsi Desert. And yes, there are 5 magic upgrades.... for now.

bobrocks95
02-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Level 8's in the clouds. I believe you can get the second tunic(red) in the clouds near level 8. You should have already had the level 3 sword, it's in the main area of overcast heavens.

Ah, Pineconn beat me to it:tongue:.

Russ
02-19-2008, 10:19 PM
i guess because of the guy in the house to the north asking for the cat, i assumed it was part of the game.

i finished level 7, it took me two days. is level 8 in the clouds? what do i need to get before entering? upgrades, whatever...
is the second tunic available yet? what about the sword?
is there only 5 magic upgrades?
I'm not sure, but I think the red tunic and level three sword are both in the Heaven's Trail. And level 8 is indeed in the clouds. Got to the south eastern most screen of Lake Hylia, and climb the mountain there. This will bring you to the largest expanse of the Overcast Heavens, which covers the bottom of Hyrule, and goes up to the upper atmosphere.
Edit: Pineconn and Bobrocks95 beat me to it.

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Beat you all! :p

Russ
02-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Beat you all! :p
What's that supposed to mean? Does it have anything to do with the cat by any chance?

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 11:51 PM
No, I just posted my reply to collieman faster than you two. :p

We all posted pretty much the same thing anyway.

Russ
02-20-2008, 12:12 AM
I didn't even notice that.

collieman
02-20-2008, 12:20 AM
hey guys i appreciate all of you, no need to argue!

Russ
02-20-2008, 12:22 AM
What are you talking about? Of course there is a need to argue. Just kidding. I do that a lot.

collieman
02-20-2008, 12:23 AM
hey, theres no fun in life if you cant give someone a hard time that doesnt deserve it. am i right?

collieman
02-20-2008, 12:49 AM
in the palace of spirits ive found rooms off of the map that i need the lens for to go through. where is the end of it? is it the correct path to get the item?

Russ
02-20-2008, 01:04 AM
in the palace of spirits ive found rooms off of the map that i need the lens for to go through. where is the end of it? is it the correct path to get the item?
Yes, you need to go through the Palace of Spirits to get Din's Fire, which will let you open up Level 8. There are various places off the map, as it is ment to trick you. But you should be able to get through it.

wkz
02-20-2008, 03:34 AM
How do I get to Level 3? Its in the Forrest, but I don't know how to get by the two skull stones. I can only reach one of the screens in the Forrest (directly above Link's House).

Thanks!

Dan Furst
02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
There is another forest entrance only a couple screens away!

collieman
02-20-2008, 01:24 PM
in level 8 do the key blocks surrounded by pillars need to be opened with the boss key?

Russ
02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Take another entrance into the forest. There are two entrances from the village.

jambo
02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
I can't believe I can't find one more key for level 9. Is there another key on the outside? I have the fire boomerang and golden arrow, but am 1 key short from going through a locked door. I think I will end up saying "duh!" Is there a key list for level 9 like post 111 for level 7?

http://i31.tinypic.com/24fjsls.jpg

dafeedil
02-20-2008, 02:48 PM
collieman, yes, the boss key opens up the key blocks which create warp points. I've been wandering around this level for ages now, I can't seem to find anything, not the mirror shield or the book. I have a key but can't find anywhere to use it, and I have the boss key. This level is frustrating the heck out of me :mad::mad::mad:

collieman
02-20-2008, 03:38 PM
collieman, yes, the boss key opens up the key blocks which create warp points. I've been wandering around this level for ages now, I can't seem to find anything, not the mirror shield or the book. I have a key but can't find anywhere to use it, and I have the boss key. This level is frustrating the heck out of me :mad::mad::mad:

hey, thats encouraging, especially after i just spent two days finishing level 7

dafeedil
02-20-2008, 04:32 PM
That's about how long it took me, too. I just don't know what to do in level 8, I can't seem to find anything. I need the mirror shield and the book to get any further, but don't have either. I'm probably not seeing something that's right in front of me, but I don't know what in the heck to do in this level, I'm wandering around in circles.

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Dafeedil, you'll want to check up in either F4 or F5 for a lock block. As a matter of fact, there are a total of 3 lock blocks in F4/F5 that make gray clouds go away.

dafeedil
02-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I can see a lock block in one area that I haven't unlocked yet, but can't figure out how to get up there :scared:

jhaymaker
02-20-2008, 07:15 PM
It's weird. The more that people praise the quest, the worst the quest's rating seems to get. 4.70? Bah. .

Pineconn and Dan, just so you know, my feedback/praise was honest. Don't know why the ratings might be dropping (very slightly apparently), but it's not due to me. I don't think they're reliable enough to matter one way or the other; consequently I haven't rated a single quest in my own 2+ years of playing. Suggest you focus on the comments of those who appreciate what you've done and not fret about ratings that can be subject to lots of personal, idiosyncratic whims.

Merlim402
02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Pinconn, I had to start level 9 over again, how do you get through room F2, 26?
I am trying to get the golden arrow. Thanks!

Eddie :cool:

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
26 or 62? I think you mean 62. Did we step behind the torch?

I'm surprised no one posted this bug:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/windsbug.png -> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/windsbug2.png

Oops. Fixed in the next version, 1.2.4, which is available to download if you want it. All it does is fix that minor bug, a typo in the credits (should be Rexlaninetales instead of Relaxninetales), and a minor bug that no one will be able to find in the swamp.

dafeedil
02-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Hmm, I didn't even notice that bug. I finally finished level 8, but there was one chest I didn't get, the one where you have to shoot the lantern on the right side of the screen. At least I don't remember getting that chest. Was there something important in there? For the life of me I can't find the room that it was in, now I'm ready to get the heck out of this level and never go back, haha

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 09:58 PM
That chest was incredibly important!....

...if you consider a red Rupee to be important.

Russ
02-20-2008, 10:03 PM
and a minor bug that no one will be able to find in the swamp.
Would you please tell us what that bug is?

Merlim402
02-20-2008, 10:06 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/windsbug.png -> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/windsbug2.png

Oops. Fixed in the next version, 1.2.4, which is available to download if you want it. All it does is fix that minor bug, a typo in the credits (should be Rexlaninetales instead of Relaxninetales), and a minor bug that no one will be able to find in the swamp.

62, sorry! :D

bobrocks95
02-20-2008, 10:09 PM

I don't even remember that room at all! Of course, I used the very first version of the quest, so that's probably new.

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Would you please tell us what that bug is?

A swamp plant (not the lily pad, but the other 2x2 kind) was set to overhead. Link could swim under it (only directly below it since the water underneath it on layer 0 has no combo type). Just a very minor bug.

To everyone: I have a brilliant idea how to get Zelda Classic advertised for no cost to us. I think I'll make a topic in the ZC Discussion forum tomorrow.

Russ
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
To everyone: I have a brilliant idea how to get Zelda Classic advertised for no cost to us. I think I'll make a topic in the ZC Discussion forum tomorrow.
Don't wait until tomorrow. Post it today!

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Nope....gotta go to bed now. I have five tests in four periods tomorrow!

Russ
02-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Nope....gotta go to bed now. I have five tests in four periods tomorrow!
Ouch. Then get some sleep.

dafeedil
02-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Is there a fire boomerang in the game, if so, where is it? Is it in level 9 or do I have to get it somewhere else? :angry:

bobrocks95
02-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Yep, you get it in level 9.

collieman
02-21-2008, 03:20 PM
in level 8 f1 there is a room at the top of the map, 3rd one to the right. do you have to drop a bomb at the crystal and run to the right before it goes off? or do you have to time it so it goes off and you use the hookshot to pull you there?

edit: ok nevermind i finished level 8. it didnt seem to be as hard as 7, just for the record

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 06:02 PM
That's the way the design happened to work. Level 8 was intended to be and feel totally different from the rest. Level 9 gets back to the basics.

dafeedil
02-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm kind of wandering around level 9. I don't have any items from this level yet, the old man says you can latch onto certain blocks, I don't know what he meant by that, and also, there's one room with an unlit lantern on the left side, what do you do there? I managed to shoot fire right as that eyebally thing was to the left of the lantern thinking it would light the lantern, but it didn't. There's also that one room where you have to cross little platforms which have the green orb things on one platform and the red ones on the other, once you touch the red ones, you can't use the hammer in the room above to get to the room above that. Ohhh, the more I wander around these levels, the more I'm convinced you have a little bit of a sadistic streak, Pineconn :whap:

bobrocks95
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Well, in the one room with the bubbles you need the fire boomerang, so mark that off your list of worries.

dafeedil
02-21-2008, 07:55 PM
And I don't have that stupid fire boomerang :mad:

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm kind of wandering around level 9. I don't have any items from this level yet, the old man says you can latch onto certain blocks, I don't know what he meant by that.

Did you find a wooden block? Try grappling it.

Also, there's one room with an unlit lantern on the left side, what do you do there? I managed to shoot fire right as that eyebally thing was to the left of the lantern thinking it would light the lantern, but it didn't.

That would also require the Fire Boomerang.

dafeedil
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Was I supposed to find any keys on the overworld?

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah. There's a lava cave two screens to the right of Cataclysm Spire that has a key.

dafeedil
02-21-2008, 08:25 PM
That's what I'm missing, thanks for your help, Pineconn ;)

radder1
02-21-2008, 09:00 PM
I downloaded the quest today and when I tried to open the zip file, it said it was corrupted and wouldn't open. Has anyone else tried to download the newest update?

bobrocks95
02-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Ya, I tried re-downloading since I only played the very early version, and it said it was corrupted with me too!

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 10:06 PM
I see what you mean. The database must not have copied the file correctly from the website I uploaded it to. Anyway, I redid it and I believe it works now.

bobrocks95
02-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Nope. I'm still getting that it's corrupt. Do you mind giving us a direct link to the website you uploaded it to for the time being?

collieman
02-21-2008, 10:28 PM
can the mirror sheild get eaten by the likes?

bobrocks95
02-21-2008, 10:29 PM
No, only the magic shield.

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I completely rezipped it, reuploaded it, and republished it. If it doesn't work now, trying copying this direct download URL into your address box:

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/abetity/please_work/Ltth%20v1.2.4%20(good).zip

collieman
02-21-2008, 10:44 PM
what do i need to get after level 8 - before level 9? or do i go straight there?

there are 4 open inventory item spaces, 2 on the right inv. , and 2 on the left. what items are those?

Russ
02-21-2008, 10:47 PM
There is a key that you should get in the volcanic wasteland. and the empty spots on the right are Nayru's Love and Farore's Wind, to magic speels which are not in the game. On the left, the boots are missing (because you don't get them until the end as a bonus item) and, I'm not sure what the other one is.

collieman
02-21-2008, 10:54 PM
what do the boots do?

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 10:57 PM
They protect you from damage combos (like spikes or cacti), but the boots, as Russ said, are just a bonus item.

Russ
02-21-2008, 11:08 PM
They protect you from damage combos (like spikes or cacti), but the boots, as Russ said, are just a bonus item.
Wait, doesn't it seems odd that boots would protect Link from a cactus? What's he going to do, walk around on it?

collieman
02-21-2008, 11:11 PM
ok, so the lava cave in the east side of the volcanic wastelands has the key?
that cave has a boss key door and a block puzzle. i dont think i can solve the block puzzle from this side.

there is another section with a few red wizzards that spit a ring of fire. if i kill them all a box appears, but i already got it. was that the key? am i missing a key somewhere?

Merlim402
02-22-2008, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=collieman;1162977]ok, so the lava cave in the east side of the volcanic wastelands has the key?
that cave has a boss key door and a block puzzle. i dont think i can solve the block puzzle from this side.

You can solve the block puzzle, look at it very hard and work it through your mind. The solution will then appear. It took me a couple of tries before I got it!

Eddie :D

bobrocks95
02-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I completely rezipped it, reuploaded it, and republished it. If it doesn't work now, trying copying this direct download URL into your address box:

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/abetity/please_work/Ltth%20v1.2.4%20(good).zip

Works now in the DB, thanks.

EDIT: BTW, I found a minor bug in the cucco guy's house. The marker on the map that shows where you are is way over to the right, underneath your rupee count. I'm using a 2.5 beta, so I'm not sure if that's the problem or it was just made that way.

Russ
02-22-2008, 12:53 PM
EDIT: BTW, I found a minor bug in the cucco guy's house. The marker on the map that shows where you are is way over to the right, underneath your rupee count. I'm using a 2.5 beta, so I'm not sure if that's the problem or it was just made that way.
I think it was made that way. Hold on. *Opens ZQuest* Yes, it was made that way. He just put all ther houses together on one map, so some of them will be to the right of the normal cutoff for dungeon dmaps.

bobrocks95
02-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm just trying to get 2.5 released as early as possible. Speaking of which, there's a major bug in build 737 where it doesn't give you another heart when you grab a heart container or gather 4 heart pieces. Not sure who I would report that to...

On another note, LttH is not password protected in 2.5b737, and any password I enter in my quest I don't need to enter every time I open my quest like I should.

Russ
02-22-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm just trying to get 2.5 released as early as possible. Speaking of which, there's a major bug in build 737 where it doesn't give you another heart when you grab a heart container or gather 4 heart pieces. Not sure who I would report that to...

On another note, LttH is not password protected in 2.5b737, and any password I enter in my quest I don't need to enter every time I open my quest like I should.
Are you serious!? It's not password protected anymore!? Gosh, this needs to be reported then. Create a new thread here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153) to report the bug. And use the symbol that looks like a lady bug with a star next to it for the post.

bobrocks95
02-22-2008, 02:53 PM
It's new to 737, as it asks for a password in 735.

Merlim402
02-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Pinconn, can you give me the key locations in Level 9? I seem to be missing a key and I am not sure where it is. Thanks.

collieman
02-22-2008, 07:36 PM
is there an inn in the 9th level somewhere?

bobrocks95
02-22-2008, 07:38 PM
An inn inside the 9th level? No way, that would just be weird.

collieman
02-22-2008, 07:52 PM
why did the last inn in the clouds give me a reservation pass as the free prize?

Pineconn
02-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Because I ran out of free items to give. :D Hey, at least you can still restore your health in your room, so no complaining.

All keys for Level 9:

-=SPOILER=-

collieman
02-22-2008, 09:05 PM
no way dude, not complaining. dont you think rupees or bombs would have been less confusing though? (not that it was real confusing)

Pineconn
02-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Narajo Town Inn: Bombs
Hestone Inn: 20 Rupees
Snow Inn: Piece of Heart
Graveyard Inn: Long Bow
Heavens Inn: Reservation Pass

Hm, I guess I could make the Heavens Inn item a Super Bomb.

collieman
02-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Narajo Town Inn: Bombs
Hestone Inn: 20 Rupees
Snow Inn: Piece of Heart
Graveyard Inn: Long Bow
Heavens Inn: Reservation Pass

Hm, I guess I could make the Heavens Inn item a Super Bomb.

yeah, at least something that could be used, or maybe no prize at all in that one, i dont know...

collieman
02-22-2008, 10:55 PM
im in level 9 and i think im missing one key on b2 room 23, and i cant seem to find how to get to the room. im sure ive been there before, but i dont recall. please help

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Basement 2 has cave walls and a ton of lava. Remember seeing those hammer posts you couldn't pound in B1 41 because those Bubbles would disable your items? Try stunning those Bubbles with the Fire Boomerang to pass them unscathed. It's very linear from there.

collieman
02-23-2008, 03:33 AM
i can only go in two screens in the basement, and i already got the key from the left screen. is that the #5 on your list? is there another direction you can lead me?

Merlim402
02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Because I ran out of free items to give. :D Hey, at least you can still restore your health in your room, so no complaining.

All keys for Level 9:

-=SPOILER=-

Pinconn, room B1 73, is that not where you get the golden arrow? Is there also a key here? Also, to make sure I am reading the rooms right is it (x,y) or (y,x).Thanks.

Never mind, I was reading the rooms the wrong way!

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok I finally get the chance to play again. Level 9 is ok so far, I got all the keys I can find up to this point with no items found yet and even have 1 extra key at the moment from killing that huge 8 head creature (forgot what it's called) Now I'm still looking for the fire boomerang. I think I've been to every room I can reach up to this point but maybe I missed something. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Also there's a room where I can see the chest from the left side with a bombable wall. Can I get to the room left of that somehow because so far I haven't figured it out?

**edit** Ok I figured out I need the golden arrow to get to the room I mentioned above, but I still have no clue where the fire boomerang is. Anyone know?

collieman
02-23-2008, 01:47 PM
ok that room you mentioned above, you need to keep going up from there, go to the stairs where you will be back at F1 take a left and follow the path.

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 02:24 PM
ok that room you mentioned above, you need to keep going up from there, go to the stairs where you will be back at F1 take a left and follow the path.

Which room? The one that I need the golden arrow or the one I got the key from killing that 8 head monster?

collieman
02-23-2008, 02:32 PM
the room with the chest and bomb cracks on the left. you need to go up from there

collieman
02-23-2008, 02:34 PM
i can only go in two screens in the basement, and i already got the key from the left screen. is that the #5 on your list? is there another direction you can lead me?

im still stuck at this point. i found a door thats locked, but i cant find the last key.

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 02:52 PM
the room with the chest and bomb cracks on the left. you need to go up from there

Thanks that worked, didn't know I had to repel fireballs to kill the 3 darknuts :)

Dan Furst
02-23-2008, 02:59 PM
collieman, did you get #6 on the list? You got #5.

collieman
02-23-2008, 03:10 PM
yes i did

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Ok how do I get to the chest on the right of the bombable wall after I get the golden arrow? (room left of first pic below) The room I'm in has bubbles that disable my bombs before I can make it past them and I can't use my boomerang since I'm at the door below and can't hit them :( Is that where the key is to get to the room below or is that the boss key? I figured out the magic deflection room though with a little studying :)

http://i30.tinypic.com/2nh0nk0.jpg http://i30.tinypic.com/ek2fyw.jpg

bobrocks95
02-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Ok how do I get to the chest on the right of the bombable wall after I get the golden arrow? (room left of first pic below) The room I'm in has bubbles that disable my bombs before I can make it past them and I can't use my boomerang since I'm at the door below and can't hit them :( Is that where the key is to get to the room below or is that the boss key? I figured out the magic deflection room though with a little studying :)

http://i30.tinypic.com/2nh0nk0.jpg http://i30.tinypic.com/ek2fyw.jpg

If I remember correctly, you can either walk to the end of that corridor to a good bubble, or there's some other bombable wall on the left.

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Toe-Knee, try bombing the bomb door from the left screenshot. ;) Hehehe. I love it.

Collieman, you are lacking a key for this door, right?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/gots_a_key_questionmark.gif

You need to go back to the tile warp maze in the room before and find a new door you haven't gone through. This will take you to the third item. All will make sense afterward.

bobrocks95
02-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh, ya, I remember that :D

Dan Furst
02-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Edit: Oops, I got stepped on.

Nope. You see how close you can get to the cracked part in the first pic?

Do you have your B-button available in this room? (Yes, you do.)

Problem solved.

(I know Pineconn liked this idea because it's kind of a multi-room puzzle.)

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Beat you, Dan. :tongue:

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh man, I didn't think of bombing that wall and then it would already be accessible from the other side :laughing:

Merlim402
02-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok, how do you get past the puzzle in the room on F2 that has all the mirrors that you have to reflect magic to hit the prism. I have tried every combo to set up the mirrors to deflect the shot.

Thanks,

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok I beat the fire breathing dragon at the end and the game crashed after the screen flashed quite a bit and when it started saying "I ...." etc....

Is that the end or is there more? I technically finished it right? :D

bobrocks95
02-23-2008, 05:57 PM
You were on level 8, right? There was another level after that. And are you using a 2.5 beta? If so, report it.

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
You were on level 8, right? There was another level after that. And are you using a 2.5 beta? If so, report it.

No I beat Vaati (or whatever his name is) in level 9. And no I'm not using 2.5 beta, I'm using 2.10.2, I thought 2.10 wasn't supoosed to have bugs or is it because I'm using 2.10.2? So is that the end or is there more after what I said in the previous post?

bobrocks95
02-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Is this in a newer version of the quest? The only thing I remember after Vaati is that you get into the castle and get some upgrades...

collieman
02-23-2008, 06:23 PM
merlim: you have to move the top one to the left, wait until a fireball passes then you move the two together, one to the right, then the other one up as quickly as possible, then move out of the way

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Is this in a newer version of the quest? The only thing I remember after Vaati is that you get into the castle and get some upgrades...

Yes I'm using the latest version 1.2.4 released 02/20/2008 ... and if it's only upgrades then I guess I finished this quest ... no use trying again :)

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Toe-Knee, all you missed were the credits and ending area. You can still view the credits by entering the boss room stairs of Level 9. As a matter of fact, I suggest you do. (There is still a little bit more game to play.)

By the way, were you playing it in windowed mode?

Bobbie
02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I can't find the silver arrow in Level 6. Can someone help me out please?

bobrocks95
02-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh, by fire-breathing dragon you meant the one inside Vaati. No wonder.
And like Pineconn said, there's been some errors with people not playing in full screen. If people would just check the read-me!

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh, by fire-breathing dragon you meant the one inside Vaati. No wonder.
And like Pineconn said, there's been some errors with people not playing in full screen. If people would just check the read-me!

I didn't know windowed mode caused this. I guess I didn't read the read-me properly :tongue:

Oh and Pineconn the thing is I probably have to beat the last boss again since it crashed. I'll try in fullscreen when I have a chance. Maybe tomorrow since I'm coming down with a fever or something :(

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 09:31 PM
That's right, you weren't able to save. Well, the ending is sort of nice, so I would suggest defeating Vaati again.

Bobbie, the silver arrow is in F1 15. If you are missing keys, here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1160476&postcount=675) is a list of every key in Level 6.

This is how dungeon rooms are numbered:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/dngn_ex.gif
For example, the red room is 14, the green room is 75.

Bobbie
02-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks Pineconn

I got the silver arrow. I still have one key but can't find the Boss key for anything. Is there another entrance?

This is a terrific quest!

collieman
02-23-2008, 11:02 PM
vaati is kicking my butt. ive been fighting him most of the day, ive died 20 times or so. any pointers?

bobrocks95
02-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Are you bringing potions?

collieman
02-23-2008, 11:05 PM
im bringing a whole bottle, the usual

Toe-Knee
02-23-2008, 11:34 PM
I don't want to give these hints away if some like to figure it out for themselves but it's better to hide just in case ;)

-=SPOILER=-

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Bobbie, the boss key is in the northern portion of F1 (room 14). From the entrance to Level 6, go right, up, up, right, right, and through the passway. It is linear from there.

Vaati tips:

1. Use the gold arrow as much as possible. Use it to kill the enemies Vaati spawns (like the Armos and Moldorm enemies that look like cloud things). The gold arrow makes these battles cake.

2. When you enter Vaati, ignore the enemy Digdogger Kids. Go to the correct stationary Digdogger Kid and slash it.

3. Use Din's Fire as much as possible, too. Use it to wipe out waves of Bats spawned by the Batrobes, or, if you really want, to kill the Digdogger Kids.

4. Try to learn the patterns of the red orbs Vaati throws at you or the meteors he slams at you.

5. In the last sequence (the part that you have to use items very quickly), as soon as you enter a warp, bring up the subscreen. While the subscreen is scrolling, memorize what item you need to use and where it is. Be very quick.

Russ
02-23-2008, 11:52 PM
The stationary digdogger is the one that you hit? I just went in there, instantly remembered the Vaati battle in Minish Cap where you went inside him and hit to hit a certain enemy, and used the lens of truth to find which one had a sword hovering above it. And on a side note, there is a good thing about using 2.5. The boss works better. When the meteors fall from the sky, you don't have to move to make them start falling again. This is because of an improvement in the way direct warp combos work if they appear directly under Link. It makes the game flow better.

Merlim402
02-24-2008, 10:04 AM
merlim: you have to move the top one to the left, wait until a fireball passes then you move the two together, one to the right, then the other one up as quickly as possible, then move out of the way

Collieman,

I am not sure I follow you, move what two together and do I move the one that I moved to the left back all the way to the right? Thanks.

collieman
02-24-2008, 02:22 PM
merlim:

i think there was just 3 movable mirrors. one towards the top, and two to the right of it. first, move the top one to the left and leave it there. the other two, one will move to the right, and the other goes up. when a fireball goes past the two together, quickly move them ( first one to the right one space, and second one up one space ) then move out of the way. it took me a few tries to do it right, i hope this is more clear

Toe-Knee
02-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Well I finally completed this quest once and for all with 28 hours and 30 minutes of playing time later :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this quest Pineconn and hope you make other quests like these. Maybe you don't have time but that's fine. Great job!

collieman
02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
well i beat vaati twice now and during the credits both times the program quit. if there is still some gameplay, its not going to let me. but it was a good game. i had close to 60 hours finishing it. thanks pineconn

Dan Furst
02-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Did it quit in the same place? Where?

Were you in windowed mode? Try again in fullscreen. Apparantly there is some bug with ZC in windowed mode.

Alternately, you could beat Vaati, then quickly quit->save. You could view the credits again / view the end area.

Edit: Wow, 60 hours!!

Pineconn
02-24-2008, 08:48 PM
How to complete the Level 9 mirror puzzle! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1DZReAiiBg)

I'm starting to enjoy YouTube.

collieman
02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Did it quit in the same place? Where?

Were you in windowed mode? Try again in fullscreen. Apparantly there is some bug with ZC in windowed mode.

Alternately, you could beat Vaati, then quickly quit->save. You could view the credits again / view the end area.

Edit: Wow, 60 hours!!

no it didnt quit in the same spot, and it is in windowed mode. ill try your suggestion.

yeah, 60 hours. i like to explore and be thorough. i usually earn money with exploring rather than gambling. more time than most people is normal for me.

Toe-Knee
02-24-2008, 10:23 PM
collieman, it'll not crash if you play it fullscreen. Same thing happened to me playing in windowed mode. Besides there is a bit more to the game even after Vaati if you go back to the castle :)

Russ
02-24-2008, 11:16 PM
I love the castle. I go there, here the king say how much of a hero Link is, then I hit him with an arrow and get kicked out. You got to love the irony. "We will never forget your courage. OUT!!!"

collieman
02-25-2008, 12:28 AM
ok, i got the quest finished with the last 2 items. a very well put together game. thanks. is there any info from me from my experience that could help? i.e. for reasons scholastic, professional, whatever?

HandsomePete
02-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Need some assistance. I have been wandering around Level 9 for some time now and my head is starting to spin. I have the fire boomer, golden arrow and have gotten all eight keys for Level 9 mentioned in a previous post. However I come to a dead end on B1 Room 25. Looks like I need one more key to move right and the door below is closed. There is reference to a magical key but I can;t seem to locate that either. Am I overlooking something simple?

http://piskutz.homeip.net/zelda/zelda001.JPG

Dan Furst
02-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Have you been to a room with many, maybe 20 warps in it? That is actually 2 rooms, and I think you want to go to the left of the "second" room. (Can't remember exactly.)

HandsomePete
02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
That was it. I saw the exit out to the left but didn;t play with the warps long enought to get left. I was trying to get down. Thanks Dan.

Merlim402
02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, I am at the end! One question, how do you inflect damage to this guy!! I die very quick! Thanks.

Russ
02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Didn't you ever fight him in Minish Cap? You see those eyes on his hands? Fire arrows at them. Repeat the process until a crack appears on him. Bomb it open, and go inside him. There will be a bunch of digdoggers inside. Find the one that isn't moving at all, not even walking in place. Slash at it and they will all die. Go back outside. Repeat the same general process until you go inside for the last time to fight a gleeok that is latched onto his heart. Kill it, and Vaati will explode.

newbe swan
02-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Simply fabulous quest...we finally finished it...YEAHHHHH:D:D

Am on level 9 in End of time and love that one too...it's actually one I can do better than this one (ie. without the help of my son...lol).

Any new quests or suggestions for a good quest I can work n afterwards?

Pineconn
02-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Glad you finished it. :) Indeed, EoT is a bit easier than LttH (mostly because it was my first and I had little experience).

I'm planning a third quest, but now I'm actually remaking EoT with Pure graphics. It'll be nice.

Didn't you ever fight him in Minish Cap? You see those eyes on his hands? Fire arrows at them. Repeat the process until a crack appears on him. Bomb it open, and go inside him. There will be a bunch of digdoggers inside. Find the one that isn't moving at all, not even walking in place. Slash at it and they will all die. Go back outside. Repeat the same general process until you go inside for the last time to fight a gleeok that is latched onto his heart. Kill it, and Vaati will explode.

That really just scratches the surface. You'll have to dodge these red orb things, avoid falling meteors (which looks kind of stupid), and be incredibly fast with items. Hopefully I didn't go too overboard for the latter stage of the boss. :p

Russ
02-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Hopefully I didn't go too overboard for the latter stage of the boss. :p
"Overboard" fails to describe the last part of the boss.

And newbe swan, if you like End of Time, like Pineconn said, he is remaking it with the Pure set, and I am remaking it with the DoR set. Info on both can be found in the AGN Expo forum.

newbe swan
02-26-2008, 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=Pineconn;1163768]Glad you finished it. :) Indeed, EoT is a bit easier than LttH (mostly because it was my first and I had little experience).

I'm planning a third quest, but now I'm actually remaking EoT with Pure graphics. It'll be nice.

I look forward to it...I hope it's not too difficult....I'm really enjoying EoT...It's more my level...I'm not very good at tight limits and too hard fighting (i leave those to my son --- but we enjoy working at them together).

fajz
02-26-2008, 08:38 AM
I don't have the patience to read 39 pages to find the answer to a question so I'll ask it here. I am in level 4 and have the Hook, but I can't find the Swim Fins. I've been in two entrances and tried everything in every room I can get to, at least I think I have (obviously I haven't or I wouldn't be asking this question). Can I get hint as to where the Fins are? I am figuring the Fins are what I need to get to the 3rd entrance.

Thanks for the help, Great Quest so far,

FZ

elise
02-26-2008, 09:09 AM
The fins you get in level 5 , in level 4 you get the raft and the blue boomer ;)

Dan Furst
02-26-2008, 11:02 AM
It sounds like you are in level 5. Flippers are in the southwest part of the lower floor. Take the stairs on screen 33 of the the first floor.

elise
02-26-2008, 11:09 AM
In level 4 there is a chest you can only go when you have the flippers , it also made me confused why I couldn't find them ;)

rn2008
02-26-2008, 02:15 PM
A little slow on the reflexes - can't get more then ten screens into the training ground. Need the third key for level 5 if there is any hope of fininshing. HELP

Dan Furst
02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Do you have the green tunic still, or did you upgrade? (The "blue ring.") Do you have potions?

Also, you might have a slightly older version in which this area is harder. You could first check to see what version you have (in the readme), then download and overwrite the qst file. You will keep your save file.

rn2008
02-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Do you have the green tunic still, or did you upgrade? (The "blue ring.") Do you have potions?

Also, you might have a slightly older version in which this area is harder. You could first check to see what version you have (in the readme), then download and overwrite the qst file. You will keep your save file.

Dan, I have the current leve 1.2.4 release and bue tunic, full potions, magic boomer, level 2 sword, 9 1/4 hearts, 12 bombs, 245 ruppies and fingers that don't respond with enough speed/coordination to get get through TG which some have called easy -- but not for me

Dan Furst
02-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Are you using the red squares? They don't warp you out, they refill life. (Sorry if this is a dumb question.)

Maybe try using super/regular bombs to clear out rooms faster? (Obviously don't save if you die.)

Edit:

I am 99% sure that you can have exactly 10 hearts at this point. (3 init + 4 bosses + 12 heart pieces.) Here are the ones you can get:

-=SPOILER=-

There is a helpful map at http://filer.case.edu/~dpf4/LttH-items.png (Spoilers!!)

Edit2: Fixed it, Mike.

Pineconn
02-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Rn2008, if you simply cannot complete the Training Ground after a few more tries, I'll be able to help you.

rn2008
02-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Rn2008, if you simply cannot complete the Training Ground after a few more tries, I'll be able to help you.

Thanks for the offe of help - I'll take the help. Hmm, I wonder if I will ever be able to finish this quest those later bosses are going to be harder than the TG.

Pineconn
02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the offe of help - I'll take the help. Hmm, I wonder if I will ever be able to finish this quest those later bosses are going to be harder than the TG.

Done!

The bosses aren't nearly as difficult as the Training Ground, but the end boss may have you break your keyboard.

fajz
02-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Sorry Elise, I am in Level 5. Thanks Dan for your help, but I'm not sure how to tell if I'm on screen or room 33. Can you help me out 1 more time?

Thanx,

FZ

Dan Furst
02-27-2008, 11:59 AM
As posted by Pineconn:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/dngn_ex.gif

For example, the red room would be 14 and the green room would be 75.

fajz
02-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks Dan for teaching me how to figure the room numbers. I have been i room 33 several times and have tried everything to get out without entering the stairs again. I've been in the room west, east and north of it so there must be a way to go south. I'm gonna try again right after this post. How about a hint in case I still can't figure it out.

Thanx Dan

FZ

Dan Furst
02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
From the second entrance, go:

Right, down, right, right, up, left, stairs, (upper)left, left, left, down, right, down.

fajz
02-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Oops I meant to come back in and tell you I found the fins. I smacked myself once I figured out how to get to the north side of the room where when you use the raft a block shows up. It was so simple once you did it the right way. Good idea there. I do have one question concerning level 5. I entered with 3 keys (although I haven't found the key in "overcast Heaven" yet) so are there enough keys in the level to finish the level off as long as you enter it with 3 keys? I'm asking because I can't find a key for the door once you enter the 3rd entrance. I have the Boss key but can't get to the Boss Door without a key. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time walking around level 5 trying to find a missing key and it not be here. Well off to search for the missing key.

FZ

PS How do you move those blocks in overcast Heaven to the far west? And can I get into the daughters room after I finish Level 5?

Dan Furst
02-28-2008, 01:51 AM
I don't know how you could go this far without the key from the heavens, unless you skipped a boss or something. You'll want to go up the spire just south of level 4. However, there aew some keys that you gave to back through level 5 to get, now that you have the flippers.

Nicholas Steel
02-28-2008, 04:34 AM
what to do in the room of fires in the top left of er, the desert dungeon? you light the fireplace there and a chime plays but nothing else happens o_O.

EDIT: i see, that puzzle was completely unintuitive.

Nicholas Steel
02-28-2008, 05:29 AM
ok, how do you get to the 4 rooms at the middle/north of the dungeon on the first floor? i have the hammer and silver arrows. is there a 2nd entrance or?

fajz
02-28-2008, 08:09 AM
I got a key in the Heaven that is just east of level 4. That is where the 3rd key I had for level 5 came from. I can't get past the blocks on the west side of Overcast Heaven. Do I need a L2 Bracelet of what?

Dan Furst
02-28-2008, 11:30 AM
franpa: From the entrance go right, up, up, right, right.

fajz: No, you seem to be doing just fine with respect to keys, just go everywhere in the level where you can swim. The blocks/skulls will be removed from the other side, like you did in the forest a lot.

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
All red blocks and stones can be moved with the second bracelet.

what to do in the room of fires in the top left of er, the desert dungeon? you light the fireplace there and a chime plays but nothing else happens o_O.

EDIT: i see, that puzzle was completely unintuitive.

Had you bought and listened to Tingle's information, he would have explained exactly what to do. Also, Link's mom warns you to buy Tingle's information when you go back to her after Level 5. So yeah, there are plenty of resources on what to do in that room.

Russ
02-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Tingle? Ya right. I just walked in, popped his ballon (one of my favorite things to do in Zelda games) and walked out.

Nicholas Steel
02-29-2008, 01:51 AM
whats level 7's name? will it's name tell me what area to look at? it's bee a while since i last touched this quest and can't exactly remember all the places where the silver arrows/hammer could be used. i already got the piece of heart next to your house and the red potion from within.

Russ
02-29-2008, 02:02 AM
whats level 7's name? will it's name tell me what area to look at? it's bee a while since i last touched this quest and can't exactly remember all the places where the silver arrows/hammer could be used. i already got the piece of heart next to your house and the red potion from within.
Level 7 is called the Chamber of Horrors. If this does not help you, the alternate name is the Tomb of Great Evil (this is the name Pineconn gave to the midi for the level) If you still can't find it:

-=SPOILER=-

Nicholas Steel
02-29-2008, 02:37 AM
blah yea, im looking in the dead zone of the world :P i didnt look at your spoiler tho!

is there anything i need for level 7 that is outside it? and uh, i only found 1 key outside (in the mountains0, i am able to get out of the dungeon with that amount right? >:P i already got the big bow.

Nicholas Steel
02-29-2008, 03:18 AM
ok, i got the lens of truth, found level 9, found level 7, is it posible to get the red armor after level 6? or must i get the dungeon item from level 7 first?

Russ
02-29-2008, 03:27 AM
I don't exactly remember. But I think so.

Nicholas Steel
02-29-2008, 03:59 AM
is it in the heavens?

Nicholas Steel
02-29-2008, 05:42 AM
i just got the damn dungeon item! i assume the gloves are also found in this dungeon?

Russ
02-29-2008, 12:01 PM
i just got the damn dungeon item! i assume the gloves are also found in this dungeon?
You assume correctly.

Pineconn
02-29-2008, 06:30 PM
You need the second bracelet in order to get the Red Tunic. And I named the Level 7 MIDI "Tomb of Great Evil"?

Russ
02-29-2008, 11:17 PM
And I named the Level 7 MIDI "Tomb of Great Evil"?
I think. Or maybe I'm getting it confused with another one. I don't remember, because I'm really tired right now.