User Tag List

Thread: 2.x vs 3.x

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    The problem with the complexity of ZC isn't actually because some things are hidden behind layers of needless abstractions or shitty virtual functions, or, other things are just plain data where runaway procedures are free to alter anything and everything they feel like. The problem is more because of state. ZC is a ginormous twisted mass of wires and circuits that breaths fire on elephants and then eats their burning flesh before laughing at you and then exploding. Simply put, everything is already doing too much. Whether you have a switch or a vtable it's not going to change much. More abstractions never actually solve any real problems, they simply abstract them further, making them even harder to deal with later. I would argue that any reasonable improvement to a problem of 'too much' (state, bloat, special cases, years of bug-fixes, etc) is simply less code, not more. Sounds simple, but it took me years to figure it out.
    You're going to like this Gleeok, trust me. Something needs to be done with that convoluted mess. And it matches Saffith's goal on making the codebase more manageable. So everyone wins.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 06-23-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Thread Information