Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
I'm not sure that an 'official 6th quest' is a very good idea. What we need, are a set of new default quests that use open assets, not another baggage quest to support in a Zelda.pack.dat collection of sequentially numbered quests, and bizarre how-to-get-there rules and passphrases that might need to change based on the .dat pack...

OTOH, Any contests to promote new quests that are similar in theme to 1st/2nd (difficulty, and gameplay) that use a collection of open assets are probably good ideas. After we have an official Open1st.qst / Open2nd.qst, we could then have contests to make new 3rd, 4th, and 5th entries for it, but I'm not sure that such things are warranted. (I'd rather give more freedom to the Quest Number than what we now have, by allowing the questmaker to pick a skip-to-name and other such nonsense, and to allow forwarding various elements from one quest, to the next in a series.)

These are the audio assets thus far. I could certainly use some help with selection, and filling in the blanks. Feel free to have a contest for new music, graphics, or any other original content. That would indeed be helpful.
Besides Neo-first, there were other kinds of new-first ideas that were thrown around in the past. Problem is complexity goes up... and up and up. For example; you'd need tilesets, scripts, custom resources, etc., which is cool, but then the amount of work it takes to create it goes up exponentially to the point where it's not feasible for one person to be able to make. Thus, we enter into the realm of community quests. In theory, this would be pretty great, but it hasn't worked out so well in practice... yet, anyways.