User Tag List

Thread: Opinion: Worst movie based on a video game?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.84%
    Was Wing Commander originally a video game? I remember there was an animated series, but I was under the impression the game was based on that. I've never actually played the game, though, so I could be wrong.

There were some Final Fantasy-ish elements to TSW, but I still think they only put a Final Fantasy title on it in order to profit for the name. If they were going to base a movie on an actual Final Fantasy game, I'd like to see it done with Final Fantasy 6. Or another Square game, Chrono Trigger, would make a good movie.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.95%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    Was Wing Commander originally a video game? I remember there was an animated series, but I was under the impression the game was based on that. I've never actually played the game, though, so I could be wrong.
    There was an animated series? I don't even remember that. But yeah, there was an entire series, a saga even, of Wing Commander games, most of them primarily released for DOS, which could be a reason you've never heard of them - there really aren't all that many DOS games that really broke through into pop culture consciousness, outside of a few anomalies like Doom and Duke 3D (and even then, people tend to forget that there was a Duke Nukem series before 3D). I grew up on an old 486 alongside my NES and SNES, so I have a long history of playing DOS games, but I freely admit that if not for that, I wouldn't even have known most of those games even existed.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Thread Information