Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
There are probably worse ones that I haven't seen, but of the ones I've seen, I'd have to go with Doom. I mean, it wasn't even entertaining, it was a boring mess to sit through. At least with, say, Super Mario Bros., as radically different as it was from the games, they had the sense to make it entertaining, even if only entertainingly bad. You know, you can turn it on and have a good laugh at how silly it all is, even if nothing else works for you. With Doom, you don't even get that kind of enjoyment out of it. It's just boring. Which I found perplexing - it struck me that all you really needed to do was combine Aliens with Army of Darkness, and that would've been a fun romp, but they managed to suck any joy out of the thing.
I am in full agreement. Plus, they changed the entire premise anyway by getting rid of the Hell/Demons element. They took the most exciting, blood pumping action crotch kick of a game there ever was, and made a drifting, boring, thematically unrelated turd which I found hard to sit through. Fortunately I saw it at a movie house that served beer, so I found a way to keep myself entertained, but in general the movie sucked.