Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.26%

Golden Axe Warrior, a Zelda ripoff for Sega

There was a sega master system game called "Golden axe warrior" which is a game that looks pretty close to zelda in many ways. I thought that it could be a good source for graphic and audio riping.

Maybe somebody might be interested in remaking this game with the ZC engine. Still there is a few complication because the world map is 15x15 and I think that the number of tiles on each screen is a bit smaller. Of course, the items are not exactly the same but most of them could be substituted.

Here are some screen shots from an emulator for those who never seen this game :

Octorok
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14%

Re: Golden Axe Warrior, a Zelda ripoff for Sega

WOW! this game looks SO much like zelda 1! LOL! it's the biggest ripoff i have EVER seen! LOL!
    I'm sorry, but I really don't understand your question. I mean I think your grammar is fine, but it's the terminology you're using. They don't fit together, like, "Use the sheep on the log and eat the barn with the house sun."----Shadowtiger----

Wind Waker 2 is canceled on my side... thank god...
    Now, if Amaster42 for some weird reason wants to finish it, ''have fun'' cause I sure as **** won't...

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.63%

I could see myself using enemies from that game, but beyond that... It doesn't stand up to the kind of tiles people use now. But! For a slightly "updated" looking classic style quest, the tiles would work perfectly. Also, the perspective is more realistic than that of any 2D Zelda, and it gets points for being consistent (spelling?) with the overworld(I'm looking at you, Link's Awakening). I find the dungeon tiles amusing. I want them. Just to stare at them.

Of course, now I must hunt this game down and pwn it. It's a principle kind of thing.
    Current Quest - Nothing... -_-'

DarkFoss

Another good zelda clone wasNeutopia 1&2 for the Turbografx-16 .
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/turbo-grafx/neutopia

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

theres no link in the first post -.-
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Daecon

I played this game, I really enjoyed it to start with, but I found it hair-pullingly difficult. I ended up smashing the cart in a fit of rage after dying for the millionth time on some stupid thing.

magicalersi

Yes, I remember this game. I liked it too. I'm gonna actually start making an original quest with these tiles/sprites. I was trying to think of a good game or tileset, this is perfect.

Thread Information