PDA

View Full Version : End of Time FAQs

Pages : [1] 2

boram_c
12-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Place your questions about Pineconn's quest, "End of Time" here!

Pineconn, are the statues in the room with the Master Key in Level 2 supposed to fire?

Edit: The string on screen 7F in the Overworld is "This may come in handy in the future." However, the room is assigned to be for gambling.

Also, explain why the Ropes (the snakes) are "moonslithering" (i.e. The only animation for Rope is for slithering to the right; even when traveling to the left.)

How does one advance in Level 3? I have trouble finding out how to reach the SE portion of the dungeon save for two rooms in the SE corner. Where can one find the hookshot?

Pineconn
12-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Place your questions about Pineconn's quest, "End of Time" here!

Pineconn, are the statues in the room with the Master Key in Level 2 supposed to fire?

They are not.

Edit: The string on screen 7F in the Overworld is "This may come in handy in the future." However, the room is assigned to be for gambling.

No, that's NOT a gambling room. It's an info room, but don't bother with it, because all 3 are "Ha, I made some cash! Thanks, bud!"

Also, explain why the Ropes (the snakes) are "moonslithering" (i.e. The only animation for Rope is for slithering to the right; even when traveling to the left.)

Hmm.... How odd... :odd: I never noticed that before... Maybe that's how it is for the original game? I was thinking about making an update, so... that's something to fix! You earned yourself a place on the credits! :D

How does one advance in Level 3? I have trouble finding out how to reach the SE portion of the dungeon save for two rooms in the SE corner. Where can one find the hookshot?

Go to the room east of the room that has the boss door (the boss-doored room has lava in it; is my main screenshot). The room to the east of the boss-doored room has 2 Bats, no? And has a staircase in the center that you cannot get to, right? You need to bomb the north wall from another room. Obviously, to get to the SE portion, use the hookshot that's in that staircase.

Comments are in bold.

erm2003
12-03-2005, 11:28 PM
How do I get through the very first part of level 4? I can't budge the blocks and I have tried moving the statues in the opening room. Do I need another power bracelet? Thanks!

Pineconn
12-03-2005, 11:32 PM
You do. To find the mini-dungeon for the Lv. 2 Bracelet, from the start of the overworld, go up, right, up (using the hookshot), and you'll be on your way to NE Hyrule.

erm2003
12-03-2005, 11:42 PM
You do. To find the mini-dungeon for the Lv. 2 Bracelet, from the start of the overworld, go up, right, up (using the hookshot), and you'll be on your way to NE Hyrule.

OK, that must be the one under the lake that I was in. I didn't know how to open the shutter door after getting through the first lock block and key door. I will go back and try again.

Edit: I figured it out. It helps when you push blocks in the right direction! Good quest so far!

Pineconn
12-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Yep, that is correct. And yes, you must open that shutter door.

erm2003
12-04-2005, 12:56 AM
OK, next area. I am stuck in the Truth Cave. It turns out that I didn't have any bombs when I entered and none of the enemies drop any and I need them to get into the center room. And as far as I can tell, I can't leave. That counts for saving and continuing as well. Any hints or suggestions?

Pineconn
12-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Ack... Well... Look's like you're stuck... Well, I have to give you the Level 1 cheat code because it lets you refill bombs... I'll PM you.

Never thought about that! You got me! :) That is a necessary change!

As a warning to everyone out there: When you enter the Truth Cave (a wide cave entrance with waterfalls on the rockface; west of the lake), have at least one bomb! That is my fault and I will create a new version soon for those who haven't downloaded it and want to.

Sorry.

erm2003
12-04-2005, 03:13 AM
Thanks for your help Pineconn! I will continue with the quest soon!

Found and completed level 5 in the underworld. I found a lot of goodies after that as well. Trying to find a way to get to the northwest where level 6 should be. I can't seem to find a path there. Thanks.

Pineconn
12-04-2005, 12:15 PM
No problem. It's my job to help when I made a mistake. :)

En route to Level 6, eh? An item is required to get to the area Level 6 is in, so, if you haven't found the item (you'll get it after Level 5, so look for one!), get it! I'll help you if you can't find it.

erm2003
12-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Alright! I figured it out now. Great little puzzles in this quest!

Pineconn
12-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks. The game gets harder and the dungeons get longer from this point. (Especially Level 8...) ;)

boram_c
12-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Level 5, Room 04: are the statues supposed to fire?

Pineconn
12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't know, probably not. :shrug: I imagine (since it was awhile ago) I added them simply for decoration.

zrookie
12-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Like your quest. i'm having fun, but could someone please either point me in the direction of level 3 or to the flute. whichever is the next step. thanx

Pineconn
12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Level 3? It's in the SE portion of Hyrule. However, you need to get the raft first, using the item from Level 2 to get it. The flute isn't found until later.

zrookie
12-04-2005, 07:56 PM
thanx for the quick response. i was having a duh moment when i couldn't find level 3 but now that i'm in it i can't figure out theobject of the puzzle room. pushed blocks every which way, tried to put them on the gravel, tried to move them away, tried everything else i could think of also but to no use. thanx for your help.

erm2003
12-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Pineconn, Just finished your quest. Great job! Lots of great challenges towards the end! I hope you are starting to work on more because I would love to play them.

If you haven't tried this quest, get it!

Nanni
12-04-2005, 08:45 PM
stuck in level 8, in b3, how get the key?
Verry nice quest

Questions
12-04-2005, 08:58 PM
I WISH I was that far. I still have that damn coveyer belt and spike path to get though on Level 2.

Nanni
12-04-2005, 09:00 PM
here more info about where i stuck. level 8, b3 right down corner.

erm2003
12-04-2005, 09:07 PM
here more info about where i stuck. level 8, b3 right down corner.

Nanni, is that the room with the symbol on the wall? You need the second item hidden in this level to activate that and then you can move on.

Nanni
12-04-2005, 09:11 PM
thank Erm

Pineconn
12-04-2005, 10:40 PM
@ Zrookie: Which room are you talking about? Sorry, but I don't know what ''the puzzle room'' is.

@ erm2003: Yes, I'm working on a game (Link to the Heavens) using the Pure Tileset. It'll be much better, so I won't be done for awhile. Also, I'm planning to make a more-than-decent OoT Remake. Thanks for playing and your recommendation! :)

@ Questions: Don't worry, you'll get through. The conveyor/spikes is pretty hard, I agree. But after that and a LITTLE more in Level 2, there really is no more of that.

@ Nanni: Yes, the symbol is activated with the 2nd item. It is found on a room not on the map in the north of B3. Try killing all the enemies.

Thanks for all of your posts! I'm happy to see people are enjoying my quest! :)

Brandon
12-04-2005, 10:52 PM
The directions for level 5 the guy gives is too vague. I need help with this.

Pineconn
12-04-2005, 11:11 PM
I know. ;) There are only four combinations:

1) Right, left, right, up.

2) Right, left, up, right.

3) Left, right, up, right.

4) Left, right, right, up.

Try them all, one is correct. :)

diannew
12-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Where is the boss room key in level 4 and how do I get it?

Thanks

Pineconn
12-05-2005, 04:34 PM
The Boss Key is found in the SE corner of Level 4. Get to it with the Whistle you got and head east from the main entrance. Nothing is too tricky, so you should find it no problem.

musictopia10
12-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Where do I get the level 2 sword (white sword)? I completed level 3 but still do not have it.

diannew
12-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the help with level 4 - I'm on to level 5.

Dianne

musictopia10
12-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Also, I cannot find out how to get the level 2 powerbraclet. I passed level 3. Used the hookshot to the north of where I started. I explored the entire area. Found the meat and found a heart piece. However, cannot find the power braclet level 2.

zrookie
12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Pineconn
the room i'm referring to is from the begining of level 3 is up, right, up, right, up through the passage and your there. thanx

Boommaster
12-05-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm having trouble finding level 5 also. Don't know which way to go or any path to take. I know the combination but don't know where to use it. Please help........

Pineconn
12-05-2005, 10:44 PM
@ musictopia10: The White Sword, as someone in the graveyard says, is in the graveyard. Find a suspicious-looking dead-end in white rock and bomb there.

You found the bait and didn't find the mini-dungeon for the Level 2 Power Bracelet? Go back up to where the shop to the bait is (I consider that area as "the lake"). The mini-dungeon to the bracelet is in the lake.

@ diannew: Good. :) Level 5 is somewhat interesting, I s'pose... At least it starts implementing Wizzrobes and more Like Likes. :)

@ zrookie: Ah, okay. I know what you mean. You can get to the 2 tiles of gravel/sand to the north in that room, correct? Well, I heard that if you try pushing on that northern wall in the center where the gravely tiles are, you can get to the next room. (Laymen's terms: It's a walkthrough wall on the north side of the puzzle room. :) )

Pineconn
12-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm having trouble finding level 5 also. Don't know which way to go or any path to take. I know the combination but don't know where to use it. Please help........

Snuck in when I was posting! :D

Level 5 is found in the underworld. To get to the underworld after Level 4, play the whistle and go to a whistle warp that is on the other side of a barrier that you could not get to on the overworld. (The whistle warp you want to get to is found, from the start of the overworld, by going left, up, up, left, left, up.) After getting to this whistle warp, the underworld's entrance is one screen north.

musictopia10
12-05-2005, 10:53 PM
I found the room above where I found the blue ring. I tried to bomb in all the places where it shows the dead end. Did not work though.

Pineconn
12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
I found the room above where I found the blue ring. I tried to bomb in all the places where it shows the dead end. Did not work though.

Whoops! Whoops, whoops, oops, sorry!! I gave you the directions to the blue ring! (Having a duh moment!) Super sorry! The White Sword is found in the west. You know where there are some raft paths along the southern path from Level 1 to Level 2? One of the 3 raft paths (2 are along this "path," 1 is in the Moblin Village) takes you to a brown rock on an island. Bomb it.

Sorry about the wrong directions earlier! :rolleyes: I wasn't thinking! I won't mislead again, I promise!

musictopia10
12-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Found that. Now I am in level 4. I am in the room just up from the start (from the secret). I am trying to get the key. However, I cannot move any blocks. Tried the hookshot. How do I get rid of the cross so the key will come to me?

Pineconn
12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
The person that gives you the hint to rid that prism is, from the main entrance of Level 4, up, bomb right. The "magical, spinning projectile" he talks about is, if you don't have it, found in the graveyard, one screen north and one screen east of the entrance to Level 3.

Sorry, it's bedtime for me. :( :( :( I'll gladly answer any questions tomorrow! :( :( :(

Questions
12-05-2005, 11:36 PM
I am very very angry right now. I have got to the dodongos in Level 2 only to find out I have no bombs! :mad: Spent THREE STARIGHT HOURS trying to find bombs and NOTHING! No shops! No drops! No nothing! Bombs are WAAAAAAY to scarce.

boram_c
12-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I am very very angry right now. I have got to the dodongos in Level 2 only to find out I have no bombs! :mad: Spent THREE STARIGHT HOURS trying to find bombs and NOTHING! No shops! No drops! No nothing! Bombs are WAAAAAAY to scarce.The place you start at in the Overworld has a shop that sells bombs for fifteen rupees apiece.

musictopia10
12-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Now I am stuck on level 4. Cannot find where I get the whistle at. Once I get the whistle, then I can make further progress. Where do I get the whistle at?

zrookie
12-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Oops! I didn't take enough notice to have bombs when i entered the truth cave and now i'm stuck.
e-mail cheat code please
thanx

Han
12-06-2005, 02:26 PM
I am stuck in level 3. Seems I need the hookshot. Went through all rooms in level 3 which i can come without hookshot and have 1 key left but no hookshot. Please help me out.

Han

fajz
12-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Where can I get this quest. I hope you don't have to go to "PureZC" because I can't get to PureZC.

Han
12-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Hello fajz,
the quest is in the quest db of this site. look at the e

boram_c
12-06-2005, 04:16 PM
I am stuck in level 3. Seems I need the hookshot. Went through all rooms in level 3 which i can come without hookshot and have 1 key left but no hookshot. Please help me out.Look for a room whose passagway seems inaccessable; the blocks in the way can only be pushed inward. See if you can blast your way to the other side.

Pineconn
12-06-2005, 04:40 PM
@ Questions: Yes, one shop so far sells bombs. As boram_c said, check out the shop in the start. Plus, Goriyas, Moblins, and Octoroks usually drop bombs.

@ Musictopia: Check where there is a music note tile. In the previous room where some blocks are, push them. One reveals a passageway to the whistle.

@ zrookie: Meh, I hate that glitch! :) Okay, I have no choice but to give you the cheat! *PMs* That glitch, whenever jayem updates, will be fixed.

@ Han: As boram_c said, again (thank you boram_c!), the hookshot is in the room to the right of the room with the Boss Door. Bomb the latter room's north wall from the adjacent room.

@fajz: You can also download the quest by clicking "End of Time" in my sig. Then, on the right side of the screen, check out the "Download this Quest."

As a warning to all.... Bring Bombs Into The Truth Cave (A Wide Entrance With Waterfalls To Both Sides; Just West Of The Lake) Or You'll Be Stuck! (for now :tongue: )

Boommaster
12-06-2005, 04:50 PM
I guess I am the dumbest quest player in the world. I finished level 5 last night and can't find level 6 now. I did stumble into level 9 though. I was told that level 6 was in the northwest but can't get there from anywhere. I went just to the right of level 4 and near a body of water that should be a passage way up and say an arrow up. I tried to go up there and when I bombed, a sound was made like I had opened something but couldn't go up. What might that be??? Please tell me about how I might find level 6 in the meantime. :) :scared:

Pineconn
12-06-2005, 04:56 PM
A red herring. :) The dark green tile, when bombed, changes to normal green, right? Good for you! You made it the same as all the others! (That's all it does.) :D

En route to Level 6. This one is complicated. You must find the Fire Boomerang in the underworld first (you can freely access the main chunk of the underworld with the hammer). Next, travel up to the mountains (basicly, the "mountains" are the brown screens) and use the Fire Boomerang on some bushes that are covering up a hookshot post. You'll be on your way from there. (Some extra goodies are found in the underworld after Level 5, so look for some more than the Fire Boomerang).

Crackers
12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm stuck in lv2. There is a room with blocks that you have to move around into an arrow shape. At least I think that's what it's suppose to be. One of the blocks on top is way off and since you can only move them once I'm stuck. Help please?

musictopia10
12-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Is there any other items other than the whistle that a person gets on level 4? I found one room where its dark. After I light it, then I can move the tiles up only. How do I get past that room?

Pineconn
12-06-2005, 10:28 PM
@ Crackers: Correct, you need to push the blocks into the shape of an arrow pointing to the right. You can only push the blocks correctly, so there is no way to mess it up.

@ musictopia10: No, only one item in this dungeon (unless you consider the wallet as an item you get in the dungeon... so there are technically two... :shrug: ). However, in that room you are talking about, not all the blocks are vertical-push only. One of them is a 4-way, so you need no new item here.

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 03:13 PM
I passed level 4. Where is the wallet at? Could not find it anywhere on level 4. Also, where do I find level 5? I cannot goto any new places after level 4.

Crackers
12-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Finished lv3, thanks for the help. I'm trying to find my way to lv3. Have the raft and have taken all the water routes I can get to. There is one by the graveyard but I need the hammer for that one. What's with the rocks that have stairs and nothing at the top? Have used all my items but nothing happens.

zrookie
12-08-2005, 07:01 PM
i was going along just fine until i came to a block in lv8 thaqt needs the magic wand for and now i can't find the magic wand. if it is in lv 7 point me in the right direction cause i always get lost. otherwise i've been having alot of fun. thanx

diannew
12-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Okay, I'm totally stumped in Level 5. How do I access the rooms to the north and west in the room where you need to use the lens of truth to find a path. Also, where is the second key.

Dianne

Pineconn
12-08-2005, 08:35 PM
@ musictopia10: The wallet isn't actually found "in" Level 4. Do you remember a room that had a staircase going back up to the overworld with a bush to the east with seemingly nothing to do? Try bombing on the ground one tile NE of that bush and you get the wallet. In order to get to Level 5, which is in the underworld, you need to play the whistle to warp to a whistle warp location that you could not get to previously. You can continue from there. :)

@ Crackers: The raft path accessible only with the hammer is not what you want to focus on right now; however, Level 3 is indeed found in the graveyard. Try inspecting that large tombstone. Also, those rocks with stairs and nothing on top are whistle warp locations.

@ zrookie: Alway love hearing that people are having fun. :) The wand is indeed found in Level 8. Because Level 8 is so monsterous and semi-complex, I'll do my best to navigate you to it. However, I e-mailed you because the information is too revealing. ;)

@diannew: I believe you're talking about the 2nd possible room in Level 5? The northern and western doors are complete hoaxes. This is the Dungeon of Illusions, so a few things may not actually be real. ;) Anyway, after you open the large lock block, one of the regular-sized blocks is pushable. Push one to reveal a staircase to a few rooms to get the 2nd key.

Questions
12-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Okay I stumped what do I do after I get the raft?

Pineconn
12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
After you get the raft, you might want to check out the 3 raft paths south of the desert to get some goodies. If you don't want them (a sword and Heart Piece), it is best if you simply save on the overworld so you can start where you need to. From the starting location of the overworld, go left, up, and right. Use the raft to continue.

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 10:57 PM
I found some new screens. However, still could not find level 5 at all. Made it past the cave of truth. Where do I go in order to find level 5?

Pineconn
12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Go into the underworld and take the eastern teleporter back to the overworld. (So you are across the river that is very close to the start.) Since you got the Lens of Truth, head north two screens from where you came out from the underworld. Head west one screen, then north up a ladder. Go up all the ladders, then head east. Continue east to the teleporter. Use the Lens of Truth in the underworld to get to Level 5.

:)

musictopia10
12-09-2005, 01:34 AM
I purchased some medicine. However, it showed as being black instead of blue or red. I tried to use some but nothing would happen. What do I do? Also, how do I find level 6? When can I get the magic sword?

fajz
12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
I finished your quest. It took just over 9 hours and I had 9 deaths. Fun quest I found everything except the RED RING. I played with the BLUE RING until I got the GOLD RING out of Level 9. This is a definite must play quest. Congrats Pineconn on a super quest. I can't wait for your next quest, I'll definitely play it. One more thing.... Is there a Master Sword? I found the White and the Magic Sword and was just wondering if there was a Master Sword?

Pineconn
12-09-2005, 05:45 PM
@ musictopia10: You didn't purchase a potion. You bought the bottle (letter), so in any potion shop, you should show the bottle to the lady and you can buy some fairly cheap potions. Level 6 is in the NW of Hyrule. To get to it, you need the Fire Boomerang from the underworld (use the hammer you acquired in Level 5 and you can access the main chunk of the underworld). Use the Fire Boomerang to burn some bushes that block the use of a hookshot post (in the brown mountain area). Level 6 is only several somewhat-linear screens away.

Do you not buy info? ;) A man says, "The Magical Sword is located in the top-most part of the spire." The "top-most part of the spire" is found, from the start of the overworld: L, U, R, U, U, R, U. Use the hint to find it. :)

@ fajz: The Red Ring should be found in the underworld by burning a 2x2 sized tree. Yes, there is the Master Sword, too, and the person in the 2nd room of Level 8 verifies that! But I'm glad to hear you've had fun. :) I'm working on another quest right now using the Pure Tileset. It won't be done for awhile--maybe in 4 months?-- because I want it to be excellent. I'm brainstorming for a decent OoT Remake as well (I won't fail making it, I promise! :D ) Thanks for playing!

zrookie
12-09-2005, 06:22 PM
pineconn
had a great time with your quest (just finished died 17 times). i didn't get the gold ring or 1 other item but i'm not sure what it is, when you look at the inventory it would sit between the blue bombs and the red bombs. can't wait for your next quest. :D

Pineconn
12-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks for playing, too! The item you speak of is the bait which you used only once.

musictopia10
12-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I am in level 6. I am one key short currently. I need a key to open to go up a floor. I am in the part where I had to hammer to get to a secret passway for a key. Then I used it to go up. In the next room is a big block. I tried using all my weapons. Nothing works. How do I get the key in the room (if any)?

Pineconn
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Check to see if you got any of the following keys. These 4 keys are gotten only after you acquired the flippers.

Key 1) Go straight north from the entrance. Swim to the passageway. Go in it, do a few rooms (have bait!), and get the key after killing the Patra.

Now go to the room that has the 4 dark water tiles in the bottom-left corner (up, left, up, up, left, left from the entrance of the dungeon).

Key 2) Dive in the 4 dark water tiles in the room said above. Behind the waterfall is a key.

Key 3) Go back up the waterfall; go up, left. Complete the push block puzzle for a key.

Key 4) From the push block puzzle room, go right, up, push the block to advance to B1, up. Dive in the NW corner of the room for the key.

One of these keys you missed. :) You are getting close to being done with Level 6! Keep up the good work! Oh, and ignore the large block. It's for decoration only. :)

diannew
12-10-2005, 08:51 AM
How do I get to Level 6.? Hint says NW corner of Hyrule but I can't access it. Help please.

Dianne

musictopia10
12-10-2005, 02:07 PM
I am on level 7. I made it to the point where I got the map. I so far received one key. How do I get to more rooms? There was a hint that says use magic on this level. What magic should I use? I used the lens of truth but did not get many hints. How do I proceed from here?

Pineconn
12-10-2005, 08:32 PM
@ diannew:

Level 6 is in the NW of Hyrule. To get to it, you need the Fire Boomerang from the underworld (use the hammer you acquired in Level 5 and you can access the main chunk of the underworld). Use the Fire Boomerang to burn some bushes that block the use of a hookshot post (in the brown mountain area). Level 6 is only several somewhat-linear screens away.

That should do it for diannew. ;)

@ musictopia10: Well, the hint for magic will become obvious when you get the item in this dungeon. Until you do, disregard the magic clue.

Go back to the map room (from entrance: left, up, to F2, up, left). Pay attention closely to the statues. Look in their eyes.... (this is NOT what you have to do in Level 4 of The 12 Palaces: Remember, where you have to wait in the room of Goriya statues? This is NOT the same when I say, "Look in their eyes..." just to clear things up! :rolleyes: )

kiwimum
12-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Hello. Im having great fun with this quest also but I need a wand in Level 8 have searched everywhere but with no luck,please help!!!Thankyou.

nbrick82
12-12-2005, 06:50 PM
great game finished in 10:21:17 zero deaths :evil:

emillissauer
12-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks pineconn for a really fun quest. I beat it in 9 hours with 11 deaths. The thing i really liked about this quest was that while being interesting and challenging, it wasn't impossible, like some other quests i've played. Everything flowed really nicely. NIce job.

danis
12-12-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm starting to hate this quest :)
I'm stuck at level 8. I have the magic wand and I've found a staircase down to B3. But the room I get to in B3 seem to be a dead end. I've killed the giant blue crab (or spider?) to reveal a hidden door. But I'm stuck by the staircase on the wrong side of some blocks. I can push them around but not in a way that will let me to the other side. I've walked back to previous rooms in the dungeon and searched them all with the lens of truth. But I haven't found a way to advance in this dungeon. Please give me a hint on what to do.

Pineconn
12-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Sorry guys that I couldn't get to you yesterday. Had a 2 hour band concert (3 choirs sung, 3 bands played) that I had to go to and the fire alarm went off TWICE :rolleyes: to prolong it further... :D It wasn't me!

@ kiwimum: Well, there isn't much to get the wand (sarcasm, by the why ;) ). You're not the first to have not found the wand quickly. Go to the room that has 2 Dodongos (from the entrance: up, right, staircase to B2, up, right). Kill the Dodongos, go to B1. Grab a key from the room to the left and up from this room and use it. Continue up (still in B1) to a room with a block and a large pit to B2 (don't fall). Push the block to get to the door. Go in it, then up, left, up, left. Kill the enemies to reveal a staircase to B2. Go right (dodge the Bubbles!) and down. Kill the Red Manhandla to reveal the wand. :)

@ nbrick82: :P Not bad at all!!! I can't seem to beat my quest without dying! (The Bats do it for me... :scared: ) Thank you for playing! :) :) :)

@ emillissauer: Thanks for playing, too! :) :) :) My goal in this game was to NOT make it challanging like many quests. As my first game, I thought I improved quickly (notice the customization from Level 5 onward?) and had a lot of fun.

Pineconn
12-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm starting to hate this quest :)

:laughing: :laughing: That made me laugh SO HARD!!! I know EXACTLY how you're feeling! One minute I love a game, the next I HATE it!!! :laughing: :D

I'm stuck at level 8. I have the magic wand and I've found a staircase down to B3. But the room I get to in B3 seem to be a dead end. I've killed the giant blue crab (or spider?) to reveal a hidden door. But I'm stuck by the staircase on the wrong side of some blocks. I can push them around but not in a way that will let me to the other side. I've walked back to previous rooms in the dungeon and searched them all with the lens of truth. But I haven't found a way to advance in this dungeon. Please give me a hint on what to do.

Don't worry about that room yet.

Well, there is one key to get after the wand. Go ALL THE WAY BACK to the general area where you found the wand (B2, the top row). From the room with many bubbles and a staircase from B1, go down and use the newly-acquired wand and those magic mirrors to kill the Gibdos. (Or, from the B2 room with the staircase to the B1 room that you described above with the spider [Gohma], simply go left and down and you'll be in the exact same Gibdo room.) Go left and push a block to get a key after killing the enemies. Go ALL THE WAY BACK to the entrance of Level 8. (Just press F6 and save.) Go up, right, down the stairs, then up. Use the wand to break the odd barrier and you'll be on your way. (Make sure you've gotten that key, though!)

kiwimum
12-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Thankyou Pineconn i have found the wand, i though i was doing very well with your quest being that i am old enough to be your grandmother.(he he) Great quest, hope i can get to Level 9. :laughing:

Pineconn
12-15-2005, 08:48 PM
1944! :)

By the way, I'm 14 years old. :) Anyway, you practically beat the game. Level 9 is really easy compared to the monster Level 8 is. You'll have no problem with it (hopefully ;) )

Questions
12-15-2005, 10:32 PM
In Level 3 I can't get to the south-eastern area of the dungeon. :(
Any hints? I think I might need the hookshot but I can't find it. :scared:

Pineconn
12-16-2005, 08:14 PM
You are correct. This topic has been brought up many times in this thread. ;)

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/screenshots/endof02ss01.gif

I assume you've seen this room. The leftern door is the Boss Door. The room to the right of this room has a staircase in the middle and 2 Bats, am I right? (I am. ;) ) You need to get to that hookshot-holding staircase. You need to bomb the south wall of an adjacent room (that is, bomb the southern wall of the room directly to the northeast of this screenshot so you can access the staircase).

Questions
12-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Okay now where the hell is the White Sword. I'm really having trouble with that Patra under the lake. And also is there a good place to get some easy money for the blue ring. For the whole game I never had more than 100 rupees :(

Pineconn
12-17-2005, 05:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda137.gif

Isn't it amazing that one screenshot answers two questions? Not really, but hey. :shrug:

From this location of the overworld, if you go L, L, D, take the raft path to a small island. Bomb the odd-colored rock to get the sword.

Also, in this screenshot, look for a pattern in the sand. The instructions in the sand will let you get 100 rupees to boot. If you already got these secret 100 rupees, don't worry about the Blue Ring. You can always get it later.

Questions
12-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Okay I've gotten the White Sword, Blue Ring and Power Glove :clap: . Now where is level 4. I can't find anywhere to use the Glove yet... :(

ms_zelda_lady
12-17-2005, 10:45 PM
:) Made it to level 7..... great quest. Was just wondering if there's a shop that sells magic shields? I already found the one but almost had it eaten by a like like.

ms_zelda_lady

Pineconn
12-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Okay I've gotten the White Sword, Blue Ring and Power Glove :clap: . Now where is level 4. I can't find anywhere to use the Glove yet... :(

Let's see... *opens ZQuest* Ah, yes. Level 4 is found in the desert. The desert is the area north of that Moblin Village thing. So, from the start of the overworld, head W, S, W, W, and you'll be going in the general direction to the desert.

:) Made it to level 7..... great quest. Was just wondering if there's a shop that sells magic shields? I already found the one but almost had it eaten by a like like.

ms_zelda_lady

Well, there are two shops that sell shields: The one in Moblin's Village and the one in the lake... But you should have the Mirror Shield, since you're in Level 7, right? And you shouldn't need to buy a Magic Shield. ;) Oh, and thanks for the compliment!

Gendof
12-19-2005, 02:02 AM
I enjoyed your quest very much, Mike.
Thanks for ypur efforts!!!
Gendof

Kefka_888
12-19-2005, 03:53 PM
:( It appears that I am stuck in truth cave. I am new here, so I didn't really think to check in here (I haven't had trouble up to this point). Please help me.

Pineconn
12-20-2005, 04:18 PM
@ Gendof: Well THAT is scary, you knowing my name... :scared: How do you? Anyway, thanks for playing my first quest! I appreciate your compliments. :)

@ Kefka_888: Where are you stuck in the Truth Cave? Can you not find anything to do or did you not bring any bombs in the cave and can't continue? If you brought no bombs in, I'll have to send you the cheat code (until jayem finally uploads my game <_<). But, how exactly do you need help?

Kefka_888
12-21-2005, 12:20 AM
I have no bombs with me.

Pineconn
12-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Oi. Yeah, I'll send an (another) e-mail to jayem and an e-mail to you. This bug is pretty bad. Sorry about the problems I've caused with it. :(

EDIT: Ah-ha! The bug is now fixed! No longer can you get stuck in the Truth Cave if you download the new version. Thanks to JayeM!

gekos
12-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Pineconn: Just finished this quest. Excellent Job! Really top quality.
Keep up the good work. Thanks !!!

kiwimum
12-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Finished your quest today, really enjoyed the challenge, hope there are more quests to come.

niknok
12-26-2005, 04:52 PM
I just finished Level 2. Is the item here the bow only? could someone help me find the raft so i could find level 3 please. thank you

Questions
12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5215/zelda0014nl.th.png (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda0014nl.png)

Two things:

1. How do I get the key here?
2. A bit of a screw up on the left wall.

ms_zelda_lady
12-30-2005, 03:07 AM
To get the key you have to go around to the room on the map that to the left of this room and bomb the right side of the wall and get the key.

ms_zelda_lady

Pineconn
12-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Sorry about my short absence! :)

@ gekos & kiwimum: Thanks for playing! I really appreciate it! :) My current quest, Link to the Heavens, is looking EXCELLENT. (A nice little mini-dungeon between Levels 5 and 6, too! ;) ) *snaps out of it* Anyway...

@ niknok: Sent the PM. :)

@ Questions: Bah, I forgot to fix that... :shrug: Not big enough to re-upload, but thanks for pointing that out! ;) Yes, as ms_zelda_lady said, there is a straight line of bomb walls connecting this room, the room to the left, and the room to the left of THAT. In the room 2 to the left of this, bomb east. You'll be on your way to get that key. :)

niknok
12-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Pineconn..Happy New Year! Got all the keys now. could you help me at that southeast corner to get the boss key in level 4. there is a room like a roof top which i cant do anything with it. I think the boss key is there. thank you

Pineconn
01-01-2006, 09:47 PM
You are correct! There is a block you need to push, but walk around the "roof top" first and push one to the right.

niknok
01-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi Pineconn...thanks for a great quest!..am still on my way out looking some keys for level 6..got already the flippers. sounds is great and graphics. enjoyed your quest.

niknok
01-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Pineconn am in Level 7..i cant figure out on how to pass the room with "spikes" at the upper right section of F1 and F2. is the boots in this level? I cant find it. Please help. thank you.

Pineconn
01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Well, you can't get past the spiked part of the top-right of F2. However, do focus on the top-right of F1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/hmm.jpg < (is this screenshot as badly compressed as it is on my computer?)

If you cannot get past this room, you obviously need a key to unlock the block and hookshot across. If you cannot get past the next room directly to the right, push the block on the switch to rid the conveyors. That will allow you to get into that staircase, which, indeed, holds the boots.

Thanks for the comments! :)

niknok
01-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Hi Pineconn..have finished level 7..on my way to level 8 at the underworld..i found already the magic sword.. but I still cant get it although I have already 13 heart containers. How could i get it? thanks

Pineconn
01-13-2006, 09:05 PM
You found the Magic Sword and can't pick it up? No, you only need 10 to get it. You're probably talking about the Master Sword (has a blue handle). You need 14 to pick it up.

niknok
01-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Pineconn am stuck at level 8..got already the wand.. .... North from the room of the wand.. was able to go to b3..in the room of ghoma with fire breathing wizrobe..am stucked inside that square blocks..i cant find my way out from that square blocks. how?... also at b2- from the room of the bubbles..down, left, down..this room there is "flashing small triangles"..i cant go anywhere from there...and also I cant get the key at B2 with conveyor belt timed at 8 seconds at the left portion of the map(south of gleok room)...its hard to get it..how do you do it? i almost got it but its really difficult.. got already the magic sword at the overworld...but pls help me find at least one more heart piece in the overworld..so i could get that master sword. thanks pineconn.

Zelda_Warrior
01-14-2006, 11:41 AM
this quest seems to have a lot of undercombo problems, but i think its just my zc or something, because 95% of all undercombos show up as a spike tile, and i think if you just forgot to put them in it would be black

i think i know why its doing this, i think my combo pages are very messed up in zc since they are, not jsut the editor but the whole thing, i dunno what i did but i am havign major problems lately, almost all of them of strange nature, i think ill re-isntall and download my 150mb big zeldaclassic folder now.

niknok
01-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Pineconn having great fun with level 8..so nice and challenging..3 levels! its difficult and have many secrets pushable blocks. have no problem and working fine for me playing it at my computer...got the master sword...finished level 9 too and got the silver arrow and golden ring. just want to know in my treasure items list...what is the right side of the candle? and the right side of the hammer? those are the items that are still missing with me. I have only 14 heart containers..may i know the other two on where i could find them. Congrats for a great quest! thanks

Pineconn
01-16-2006, 01:24 PM
@ Zelda_Warrior: Well, since nobody else mentioned problems about under combos, and it's bugless when I play it, it must be your ZC. It would be a good idea to re-download it.

@ niknok: Gah! I made and sent a Heart Piece locations list to you so you could get the Master Sword, and you already got it! Oh well, at least you got it...!

Well, there is a heart container in Level 9. Listen to the Moblin's wordz of wizdom. "Did you notice the floor pattern? If not, go back 3 rooms." (Or something like that.)

The item to the right of the candle is Din's Fire (a very useful item). It is found in the desert by playing the whistle on a whistle tile and buying it for 256 rupees. The item to the right of the hammer? Super bombs! So you are only missing Din's Fire. ;)

Yes, my goal was to make Level 8 HUGE and long! I love it! :laughing: My favorite dungeon ever. Thanks for playing my game, too. Despite being stuck [many times :rolleyes: ], you've hung in there. :)

mdambra
01-17-2006, 02:50 AM
I'm stuck in level 8. I have the wand and the master sword. I've been in every room possible (that I know of). There's a room in B3 at the top of the dungeon where you are stuck in a box. After you kill all the enemies you can push them but you can't push them in a way that will let you out. Should I be looking somewhere else to go next? There was also a room that had a lot of keyhole bricks winding through it that lead to teh door at the bottom of the room, but I can't find anymore keys. Should I just save up and buy one?

niknok
01-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Keys are expensive.They cost 700 ruppees! That was the same room in Level 8 you mentioned where i was stucked too..you cant moved that square of blocks to get out. Go ALL THE WAY BACK to the entrance of Level 8..Go up, right, down the stairs, then up. (b2)Use the wand to break the odd barrier and you'll be on your way..kill all enemies in the room to get keys.

mdambra
01-18-2006, 12:08 AM
I've done that already and I've gotten all the keys I've can find. What rooms are the keys in? I need to figure out which one I've missed.

niknok
01-18-2006, 04:20 AM
mdambra please read post #78. Goodluck

elise
01-22-2006, 02:53 PM
I have a question from MaximusFred ( he is still unveryfied and can't make any postings yet)
It's about level 4
How do you get in the north-east area of this dungeon, i have no key anymore... ?!

Bomber
01-23-2006, 10:53 AM
I cant get anywhere on this quest. I am stuck on the first few screens. Seems I need a raft or stepladdre. What gives?

elise
01-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Bomber
Look at the trees in the maze on the left down side you find something you can use there

Bomber
01-23-2006, 12:19 PM
I have the prism, but cant get into level 4. I cant get rid of the wall of rocks

niknok
01-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Bomber try another entrance to level 4....from level 4 one screen down and one screen left...moved that rock and enter.

Bomber
01-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Trying to move the rock. Not working. I have the power bracelet, arrows, white sword, bombs, candle, and prism... what do I use?? The prism doesnt seem to do anything except make me spontaneously combust and return to the start

niknok
01-24-2006, 04:03 AM
i have just read the thread....try to find the mini-dungeon for the Lv. 2 Bracelet, from the start of the overworld, go up, right, up (using the hookshot), and you'll be on your way to NE Hyrule.

Bomber
01-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Right, I've read that thread, but I cant get there. There is a screen w. a stream and only one hookshot post. I assume that I need to get above the stream there, but every path I try to take is a dead-end :confused:

niknok
01-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Try this again...from the start...go left...up...right...(cross that bridge)..there are 2 post for the hookshot above that bridge...

Pineconn
01-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Yup, then continue into a small lake. A mini-dungeon will emerge there for the Lv. 2 Bracelet!

@ elise: Well, you need the whistle to proceed to the eastern half of the dungeon. To enter the NE part, use a key that you got from the NW part of the dungeon (there are 2 overall in the NW part: You used one to get the whistle. Both are 100% visible.) Go north, complete a stupid push-block puzzle, and enter the 6-room loop to get a key to get the Boss Key.

@ mdambra: Okay, I understand. (Sorry about the lack of activeness on my part.) Don't worry about the box you get trapped in. Did you get the key to the west and north of the winding lock block room? (You have 8 seconds to get a key on a conveyor.) If not, that's the one. (To get to that, from the winding lock block room, bomb the left wall. That's why that tile of sand is there. Then complete the wand magic puzzle to get to that conveyor/key room.) Hope that helps! :)

Bomber
01-24-2006, 09:40 PM
WTH?!?!? I followed the directions, and dont see a lake :mad: Unless you are talking about about the one with the four arrows pointing towards the middle that I cant do anything with :( Pls more help....................................

Pineconn
01-24-2006, 09:46 PM
No, no, no.... From the start of the overworld, go W, N, E, N (with the hookshot), N, E, E, N, E. That's the lake.

Bomber
01-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Got it as soon as I posted.... that seems to be my modus operandi here ;)

Pineconn
01-24-2006, 09:52 PM
lol... Well, that's good that you are on the right track!

-Sorry folks, I must go for tonight. Any questions will be asked tomorrow!-

Bomber
01-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Back on track I think

Bomber
01-25-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm through level 4, but I cant not get to the rooms in the northeast corner of the level. In the room where there is a row of blocks, I can push them all up one space, but cant do anything else. Plus, where is the key for that door/?

Or if someone could tell me where level 5 is, that would be good also :)

Pineconn
01-26-2006, 09:44 PM
lol :laughing:

Well, yes, you can get through the line of blocks (because one can be pushed horizontally as well as vertically). But don't worry about that (because the way I did it, you just don't NEED to do that part if the circumstances are just right). Like I said, don't worry about it. ;)

Level 5? Hold up there, partner. Not too hard to be on the track to Level 5 (translation: I won't tell you how to get there, but rather a clue to be in the right direction). Here it is: Play the whistle on the overworld. You'll be taken somewhere you have not been... ... ... .. .. . . . . .

Bomber
01-27-2006, 06:55 PM
But I am going to worry :D I'm curious as to the rest of the level. Since I still cant figure out where 5 is............ I figured out the block that moves, but where is that key????

And in addition...... I explored the Truth Cave, got the lens, and now I am stuck. No boot, no medicine, no way out. Oops..... Looks like I have to start over :(

Pineconn
01-28-2006, 09:33 PM
If you don't unlock the door with the key you got in the previous room, then you can't get into the 3 remaining rooms. But.... anyway....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/tipa.gif

Yeah.

You got the Lens. Do you mean stuck as in: "Darn, I have to press F6 and continue because I can't go back through the path after getting that key due to lack of magic," or: "Darn, I didn't bring bombs into this place and I downloaded this quest before Dec. 22, 2005?" If your answer is the first, well, press F6->Continue. If your answer is the second, let me know that it is. A while back, there was a bug that if you entered the Truth Cave without a bomb, you are stuck (because you needed a bomb to continue prior to December 22, 2005.

Bomber
01-28-2006, 10:15 PM
No, what I mean is that I cant seem to get anywhere. I have bombs, but I cant figure out where to go. There are two rooms that have spike floors that I cant survive walking across because I dont have enough hearts. Where do I need to bomb? Am I supposed to find a key somewhere so I can go left in the room north of the start? If I die and choose continue, I am back at the beginning with a closed shutter. If I choose save and restart, I am still in the same place. So I am stuck.......................................

In looking at your screen shot, I'd love to know if there is anything of any importance in those three rooms I cant access ;)

Pineconn
01-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Nope! Not a thing. Those 3 rooms are, technically, optional.

Ah, I see how you're stuck. That makes me feel better. ;) Use the Lens in the room with spikes. You'll see a path.

Bomber
01-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Got the key. Only have enough magic for one trip to the key, so I'll continue after that LOL

Now PLEASE! Where is level 5? I've been wandering around for three days.............. :(

niknok
01-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Go into the underworld and take the eastern teleporter back to the overworld. (So you are across the river that is very close to the start.) Since you got the Lens of Truth, head north two screens from where you came out from the underworld. Head west one screen, then north up a ladder. Go up all the ladders, then head east. Continue east to the teleporter. Use the Lens of Truth in the underworld to get to Level 5.

Bomber
01-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Finally found level 5..... But I need a key to get anywhere other than the first four rooms............................................. ........ Did I miss one?

Where is the letter???

Pineconn
01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
You didn't ask where the letter is.

I know you didn't.

You didn't, I guarantee it.

Okay, you did. The instructions to the letter are extremely difficult (because it is so well-hidden), but try to follow along. Exit Level 5. Go north one screen. Go in the shop. Buy the letter (it's a bottle).

Hard, right? (Sorry about my humor/sarcasm :) ) You probably didn't know the bottle is the letter, right? If so, don't feel bad at all. :)

Anyway, note the title of the dungeon: The Dungeon of Illusions. There is some trickery in this level, so try to think outside the box (sometimes). In that 4th room with the north and east shutters and the west open door, note the pattern of the blocks. By pushing the block to the right, the pattern would be complete and symmetric, right? However, you can't push it to the right. Think oppositely. :) (I told you the title is important!)

Oh, and by the way, the Lens of Truth will help you in this dungeon.

Bomber
02-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Through level 5, and I know I need the fire boomerang in the underworld to get to 6. Whereabouts is it?

Ha! Guess what I found?? :D:D:D

Pineconn
02-03-2006, 09:11 PM
... I must say... you found... the letter? Good job if you did! ;)

I personally didn't think the Fire Boomerand (and apparently the letter :D ) was hidden well, but you're probably the 6th person to ask me, so it obviously is. :shrug:

Well, from the previously-stated "eastern teleporter," head east, south, east, and south. That boulder is pushable, so use it to get to the other side, where the Fire Boomerang is.

Bomber
02-04-2006, 10:50 AM
No, I already had the bottle not realizing it was the lettre. I mean I found the fire boomerang as soon as I posted. Found the flippers, but need to know where to get enemy bait so I can continue w. level 6

Pineconn
02-04-2006, 02:05 PM
That makes sense, not knowing the bottle is the letter. Not many do. It's just a little customization.

Well, the bait is found in the lake in NE Hyrule. Find the shop and buy it.

Oh, and finding the boomerang as soon as you posted, eh? Sounds familiar:

Got it as soon as I posted.... that seems to be my modus operandi here ;)

;)

Bomber
02-04-2006, 04:15 PM
LOL - I told ya ;)

MaximusFred
02-04-2006, 06:29 PM
@Pineconn: Congratulations to that wonderful, perfect & fantastic Quest!!! do you have that high experience in making quests so good? Well if its your first quest, this is one of the best of all!!!! This good old style, fantastic levels & music, simply wow!

Another question: Would there be a "remake" with better graphics or other graphics? (bs 1, lotp, or whatever...), and a "Directors Cut"?! For example, for higlhy trained players (like me :)) and Zelda experts, lets say ok it starts going difficult at Lvl 8 but if there would be a "Version for Masters" that would be great :) ;)

I fighted through Lvl 7. Now im at Lvl 8. Can you find another treasure in Lvl 7 except the boots? there are rooms i havent been there yet.

Keep on that excellent work

See ya

Greetings from Europe Freddy

Pineconn
02-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Yes, this is indeed my first quest. It took... mm.... probably 2 months to make. I might consider an enhancement (i.e. graphics, difficulty, etc.), maybe reworking the first 2 dungeons (considering they are rather feeble, I dare say). I'm working on a quest now (and it looks awesome up to this point! Sorry about praising my own work, but you're in for a treat when I complete A Link to the Heavens! [It uses the Pure Tileset]). I have an OoT Remake envisioned, which I will do after my current quest. Between them, I could consider a remake/DX...

There is only 1 item in Level 7. Don't worry about a few rooms you haven't been through: That's possible with still getting all of the treasures.

Thank you very much with all of your praising! Now that REALLY feals good being thanked! :D Oh, and have fun in the 79-roomed Level 8! ;)

Bomber
02-05-2006, 11:23 AM
In this room, I can see a key w. the Lens of Truth, but cant figure out how to get it. The whistle does nothing

http://www.geocities.com/bomber_1995/zelda031.bmp

Pineconn
02-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Don't you think that NW tile of water is quite odd? Normally I'd say that "you'd have to reach new heights to get this key," but "you'd have to reach new depths is more appropriate."

That is your clue. :)

Bomber
02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Cant get through the L shape beginning of level 7

Pineconn
02-07-2006, 11:12 PM
On F1 of Level 7? Nab the key to the right of the entrance, then push the block west and north of the entrance to head to F2.

Bomber
02-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Whats w. the blocks w. the arrows on them? How do I get those to either move or open?

Love For Fire
02-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Just finished this great quest in 5 hrs 5 mins with 6 deaths. I enjoyed the dungeons and the puzzles, and the overworld was well laid out. I think the gold ring was really unnecessary, and the red ring available after level 5 made things way easier, though I still got owned by the spikes in Level 7.

Just one question for Pineconn. In the entrance room for Level 7, (with the boss key block and blue bubble) there is a wand fire flag on the floor. I can't seem to trigger it. Is there something there or is this just a minor mistake? I'm not trying to be picky over small things, I was just curious. Great job on the game overall, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Pineconn
02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
@ Bomber: Where? In what level? Either they are blocks pushable in a specific direction, or they are lock blocks. A description of the room in the level or a picture would be nice, too.

Pineconn
02-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Nice find! That is indeed a forgotten mistake! I'd have to get rid of that! :D

Perhaps the gold ring was unnecessary. I suppose I added in the irony of it all: 3 rooms before Ganon. :laughing: Funny, really.

5 hours 5 seconds? That's better than I can do! :P I have a question for you, too. In your sig's left screenshot, how does the up staircase - in water - work exactly? Think about it... ;)

Thanks for your comments. :) Check out my future quest, Link to the Heavens.

Love For Fire
02-13-2006, 12:07 PM
The water is layered over the stairs, so technically Link isn't swimming. However, you needed to have the flippers to reach that area anyway.

Bomber
02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
@ Bomber: Where? In what level? Either they are blocks pushable in a specific direction, or they are lock blocks. A description of the room in the level or a picture would be nice, too.

As you probably suspected, I figured it out.. Oy vey.......... :D They are pushable in a specific direction

Pineconn
02-13-2006, 05:25 PM
The water is layered over the stairs, so technically Link isn't swimming. However, you needed to have the flippers to reach that area anyway.

Good call. That would make sense. :) Then again, in Level 7 of End of Time, I made a pushable block uncover a staircase leading up... so that makes 0% sense... :rolleyes:

As you probably suspected, I figured it out.. Oy vey.......... :D They are pushable in a specific direction

Ugh. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for your next problem. :D :)

yanksdmb2
02-18-2006, 10:37 AM
hey what do i do in level 2...i push a block and the door opens but i can't get to it...also i come to a room with just blocks and nothing else...any suggestions?

yanksdmb2
02-18-2006, 11:20 AM
also how and where do i get the raft using a bow?

yanksdmb2
02-20-2006, 11:11 AM
anybody know where and how i use the greenlike prism in the beginning of level 4 in the room with the spikes and some block blocking me from getting the key? it's the 1st room after going into the other part of level 4 from the overworld by moving the rock...

Love For Fire
02-20-2006, 10:45 PM
If you look carefully at the prism, it should help you figure out what item to throw at it. ;)

Pineconn
02-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Plus, the man - from the room with the prism, go down, right, right with a bomb - will tell you how to break the obstacle. (The item is in the graveyard, BTW.)

yanksdmb2
02-23-2006, 12:34 AM
can anyone tell me how and where i can get the flippers? ive looked everywhere and im stuck in level 6 i can't advance without them

Pineconn
02-24-2006, 06:56 PM
The flippers are in Level 6. If you didn't know, the room up and left from the intro room has a northern bomb wall. In the room up from this room, bomb that cracked block to get a key, and go north again. From this room, head left, up, and up. This room will bring you to B1, which puts you in the general direction for the flippers.

Hope that helps. :)

yanksdmb2
02-25-2006, 11:31 AM
what do i do in the room in level 8 with things blocking me from advance...if i try to shoot them with the magic wand they keep on hitting me and i lose hearts

Pineconn
02-26-2006, 09:05 PM
I believe you're talking about this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/hmm.png

Well, you need to kill the Gibdo encased in the blocks. Use the wand, but try shooting the wand on the upper-half of the possible walking space. That will reflect in a way that it will hit the Gibdo.

yanksdmb2
02-26-2006, 09:39 PM
thanks i got passed that...3 more questions..

1) i get to a room with a key on the left but can't get it...if i use the lens i see a red block but it's not visible...how do i get the key?

2) also in the same room there's a cross with a diamond around it... do i need to do anything in this room and if so what do I need to do? it's the last column on the right of the map on B3

3) where and how do I get the other weapon in the 8th dungeon?

Pineconn
02-27-2006, 11:21 PM
To answer the first two questions, you need the magic book (the 2nd item). When you get it, shoot the wand at the symbol, causing fire to form on it, allowing you to obtain that key.

The magic book is, from the room with the water and the fairy, up 3 times. In the 2nd room up from the fairy, simply kill the enemies to open a door to the 3rd room, which isn't on the map, to get the magic book.

dafeedil
03-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry Pineconn, for posting this in the wrong place...I didn't see your little "here". :rolleyes:

Ok, so far I'm really enjoying this quest. I'm trying to get into level 4, but can't get past the rocks blocking the 2nd room. Did I miss something? Also, to the right of lvl 4, there's an arrow pointing up into the mountain, I bombed there and it made a little music sound like I did something, but couldn't go up. Should I have super bombed there? Anyway, if I could just get a hint as to what to do at the beginning of lvl. 4, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

No, don't forget this post, I still can't figure out how to get into level 4. Can I have some help? I think I might have found a little glitch in your game, cuz I was just able to get the lens of truth. Above lvl. 1 if you go west then north and come to the pushable rock, I pushed it up and couldn't go anywhere because that block was was just meant to be pushed down..anyway, I pushed that block up twice, pushed the spacebar for the map, went back to the game screen and I was above the rock, so I was able to get to the underground and then the lens of truth. Did you know that?

Anyway, I don't know what to do to get into level 4. Thanks!!

Well, now that I've read this thread, I don't know if I'll need help w/level 4, I just missed the second bracelet.

Pineconn
03-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Heh, you're the first to actually listen to me. Thanks. ;)

Anyway, you're not the first to not know what to do here in these two instances. Don't worry about that arrow pointing to the rock that seemingly did nothing. That's a red herring that I made, which I now feel is incredibly stupid. :rolleyes:

That's okay that you got the Lens of Truth. It's not intended for you to have it now (you should get it after Level 4, but it really doesn't matter at all). That's weird that you got past the rock... I just tried getting past it the way you did, but I couldn't... :shrug: Must be a ZC glitch (are you using version 2.10?)

Anyway... ... The second bracelet is, from the start of the overworld, left, up, right, then hookshot across the pond. That will give you a general direction if you haven't gotten it yet. There's a mini-dungeon for the 2nd bracelet.

dafeedil
03-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Actually, I'm using 2.11, 2.10 I can't get the sound to work. I'm in level 7 now and I guess I need the wand? Is it in the level or somewhere in the over/underworld? I'm really enjoying this game, and can't wait til you make another one! Thank!

Pineconn
03-20-2006, 06:58 PM
That would be the reason. :) I thought it was a bug in my game!

No, the wand isn't in this dungeon. You're looking for the boots, actually. I'm currently working on a quest, Link to the Heavens, which will be greater by maybe 2 or 3 times. Size, length, difficulty, trickiness, etc. ;) It uses the Pure graphics, and I'm already at 2.07 MB and 65055 combos, and I'm only at Level 7. Still have that custom end boss to do... Errhemm... ;)

dafeedil
03-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks, Pine. I'm in level 8, trying to figure out what formation to push the blocks in the room, from the beginning that's up, right, up the stairs then to the left. It almost looks like I could make it the shape of the letter "A", but can't. Could you help me? Thanks:D

Pineconn
03-20-2006, 08:19 PM
You've solved this puzzle before. Remember the arrow puzzles? You had to form an arrow pointing in the direction of the door. Well...

dafeedil
03-20-2006, 08:25 PM
aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh, can't make an arrow....I'll keep trying.....:scared: :confused: :shakeno:

Pineconn
03-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Heh, it'll look like this:
-=SPOILER=-

dafeedil
03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
thanks...I'll try!

Pineconn
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
No problem. That's why I'm here. If anyone else has a problem, I'm here to answer it. :)

dafeedil
03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
This really might be too much to ask, but could you tell me where all the keys and the boss key are/is in level 8? I am really stuck in this level, and have looked all around to find a key to open the door after I beat the 3 headed dragon guy, and I have yet to see the boss key. I want to finish this game! Thanks

Also, on floor B2, there's a room with all those flashing arrows pointing up, and it's shaped like a key. Is there something I need to do in here. I'm sooooooo stuck without any keys and rooms I have no idea how to access....

Pineconn
03-22-2006, 05:51 PM
There you go. ;) I meant for the flashing arrows to mean: "There's a key a screen above you!" Meaning, there is a key in the room to the north of the room with the flashing up arrows. That's the key you need. Don't worry about the boss key. That's the last thing you'll get (it's in the SE corner of the B3).

dafeedil
03-22-2006, 08:10 PM
I already got that key before...I have a few questions. In the room where you go up the stairs to B3, I killed all the wizrobes and the top door opens, but I'm stuck inside the blocks. How do I get to the bottom door in that room so I can go up? Also, there's a room with one statue that shoots fire, and there's a warp zone when you enter the room. I can't seem to figure out how to get to the bottom or top door in that room either. I'm really stuck...HELP!! :shakeno: :D

Pine, never mind....finally figured it out....that was a rough level!

I can't seem to get the black wizrobe in the room above the map room in level 9. What's the trick? thanks

Pineconn
03-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Good thing you think Level 8 is rough. I was trying to make it pretty long and somewhat difficult. Anyway, the black Wizzrobe, a Mirrorobe, is killed by reflecting its magic back at it.

Post 200. :)

dafeedil
03-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I finished it! I'm rather embarrassed to say how long it took me and how many times I died, but what the heck...died 53 times and it took me 11h59min to complete. Absolutely LOVED this game, Pine...I can't wait for your next one! Thanks!

Pineconn
03-24-2006, 04:55 PM
That's really not too bad, the time. But, the death toll... ;) Don't worry about that.

Well, I've said it before: Link to the Heavens is going along really well. I'm hopeful for a June release. That would mark about 11.5 months of work. I saved the quest in several different locations in case of corruption. ;)

whench
03-31-2006, 09:57 AM
really loving your quest, but feeling very dumb at the moment :confused: i am in level 4 i got the 2 keys from the nw part of the dungeon, i also read your thread to musictopia regarding the music note tile, however the only music note tile i can find is not in the level but outside by a cave which is blocked by water, i have tried pushing all the blocks in the parts of the level i can get into, in the nw section in one direction i come to a room i am trapped in i presume i have to come into it from the other direction, and i the other direction i come to a seemingly dead end in a room with a sheer drop and nowhere to go, please could you explain how i get to the flute as i am really stuck, up until this point it's been a breeze to figure out and a lot of fun thanx for making it:)

whench
03-31-2006, 11:48 AM
:) :) seems like something is catchy in here lol.
found the whistle as soon as i posted here, thanks anyway like i said great game

Pineconn
03-31-2006, 07:58 PM
lol :laughing:

Gotta' love it. :) I'll help if you have any questions, of course, but you found it already. ;)

dafeedil
04-02-2006, 07:07 AM
whench....first of all, I have to tell you that I love your name!! :rolleyes: :) :D . I LOVED this quest, and I FINALLY beat it a while ago...and I still have it in my quest file, so I might be able to help you too. That little Pineconn boy got a little tricky on some of the higher levels :scared:

Pineconn
04-04-2006, 06:04 PM
And expect me to in my next game! ;) Link to the Heavens is approximately 69~71% done. Level 7, which I just completed, has 92 rooms. Fun stuff. ;) And that's only Level 7. A demo is coming out soon. Maybe in a week or 2.

Pineconn? It's based off the Pokémon, Pineco. But why did I? I have no idea, I guess I thought it's a cool name. :shrug:

sweetgranny89
05-04-2006, 06:46 PM
I cannot get into west cave . completed level 1 stuck, cannot seem to go anywhere:confused:

Pineconn
05-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Holy beans, my quest is still alive! *recaptures sanity* Anyway, welcome to the AGN forums. This is a fun place. :)

What do you mean by the "west cave?" Level 2 is the bottom-left-most screen in the overworld. Those statues in the forest (the place with grass in the western overworld) are called Armos Statues (if you didn't know), and you should touch one. An item will be revealed, which will move the rock in the forest. Level 2 is past that rock.

sono_ryuu_sochi
05-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I have a problem. In level 4(the level in the desert) I sort of made a mistake. I got the key in the top right part of the dungeon(you have to push the block, go up, then come back down, grab the key, and go up to the next room). In that next room, where you need to push two blocks up and one to the left or right, I didn't catch on, got confused, saved and quit. I then used that key to open up the door that leads to the boss key. The problem is that I didn't get what I needed to get out of the top right portion of the map, which I'm assuming will allow me to grab the item that allows me to get to the next dungeon. I'm now stuck. I also cannot afford to buy a key from the people who sell them, as I can only hold 500 cash and the keys are 701 I believe. Please, please help. I love this quest and would be happy to finish it. Thanks.

slowhand
05-20-2006, 12:26 PM
This is an excellent game. A nice balance struck…not too easy & not too hard.

Please, where can I find the wallet upgrade that takes me from 500 rupees max to 999?

Thanks.

Dan Furst
05-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey sono_ryuu_sochi and slowhand, I can't answer your questions off the top of my head, but I'll let Pineconn know about your messages.

Love For Fire
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
I have a problem. In level 4(the level in the desert) I sort of made a mistake. I got the key in the top right part of the dungeon(you have to push the block, go up, then come back down, grab the key, and go up to the next room). In that next room, where you need to push two blocks up and one to the left or right, I didn't catch on, got confused, saved and quit. I then used that key to open up the door that leads to the boss key. The problem is that I didn't get what I needed to get out of the top right portion of the map, which I'm assuming will allow me to grab the item that allows me to get to the next dungeon. I'm now stuck. I also cannot afford to buy a key from the people who sell them, as I can only hold 500 cash and the keys are 701 I believe. Please, please help. I love this quest and would be happy to finish it. Thanks.

The only thing you need from that level is the Whistle, (and the Wallet outside, but you probably got that already. The rooms you are missing are not important... unless you missing the Whistle.

If you do have it and can't find the next dungeon, try using your new whistle. Make sure you have the lens of truth as well.

Pineconn
05-23-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm really sorry: I haven't been online for a week. But I'm here!

@ sono_ryuu_sochi: Don't worry about those NE rooms. I designed it like that (stupidly, that is. You gain 1 key out of the 6 NE rooms). You did not mess up. The only item is the whistle (and the wallet, but that doesn't really count). Since you got the boss key, you should be done with Level 4 and you can beat the boss. Use the whistle, as LFF said, in the overworld to venture on to Level 5.

@ slowhand: The big wallet is in Level 6 nearly right before the boss. It's in B1. In this room, simply go up. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda028.png

slowhand
05-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks Pineconn for the reply & screenshot. I managed to find it myself when I went through Level 6 again.

Lovin' this quest, dude!

sono_ryuu_sochi
05-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Where is the book? Is it in level 8? Because I certainly didn't find it. And so far Level 9 seems like only one floor, is that right? Tiny if so compared to level 8. Anyways, great quest so far. One thing I've learned, don't hold the button down that increases the speed of the game ALL the time. It's not as helpful as it might seem.

Pineconn
05-30-2006, 01:48 PM
You didn't find the magic book? Isn't required in Level 8? Strange. In Level 8, there is a room with a cross inside a diamond on the eastern wall which you need the magic book to trigger. That gets you a key. Hm... you beat Level 8 without it? You shouldn't have... Anyway, the magic book is, from the room with the water and the fairy in B3, up 3 times. In the 2nd room up from the fairy, simply kill the enemies to open a door to the 3rd room, which isn't on the map, to get the magic book.

Yes, Level 9 is very small. I should have made the enemies harder. But I'll do that in my remake. And yes, increasing the speed is very bad, especially during battles. ;)

sono_ryuu_sochi
05-30-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm not quite sure what happened. I did get the key in that room. I couldn't figure out how and then suddenly it appeared in front of me. It was quite interesting. Anyways, I did beat the quest, 13 hours, 60? deaths I believe(like I said, the speed thing). Now I'm going to go back and get the book :) Thanks for a pretty challenging quest.

Pineconn
05-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Hmm.... Odd that you got the key without the book. :shrug: Anyway, glad you liked my quest. If you think this quest is challenging, just wait until the release of Link to the Heavens or End of Time DX, in which I will remake the quest with the Pure tileset and make it more difficult. That is, no Master Sword (or maybe a dungeon just to get it), no Red Ring until later in the game, and more difficult enemies. How much better it'll be! :)

sono_ryuu_sochi
06-01-2006, 01:35 PM
This should be my last question on this quest. In level 7(I believe. it's the one above the lake), if you use the magnifying glass in the first room, there's a tile that has a picture of the wand and flame on it. Does this do anything? Is there some secret item you can get?

Pineconn
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Lol. You're the second person to have asked that. This is, indeed, an error. I was testing the wand/magic book in the intro room to Level 7 and forgot to take out a flag. Really, no big deal, but good job finding it! ;)

rocksfan13
06-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Where can one find the Flippers? Are they in or on the way to Level 6?

elise
06-06-2006, 04:45 PM
They are in level 6 :D

Pineconn
06-06-2006, 07:48 PM
They are. Thanks, elise. :) You're definitely not the only person to have asked this. I guess people really want the flippers nice and early. :D

lesser_satan
12-10-2006, 10:31 PM
"Level 3 is indeed found in the graveyard. Try inspecting that large tombstone."

I need a little more than that. I've tried bombing, burning, pushing it, shooting arrows at it...is there some item I need that I'm missing?

Questions
12-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Super Bomb it.

Pineconn
12-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Cool, people are still playing my quest. :D

Yes, Questions pretty much hit the nail on the head. You can buy a super bomb one screen to the right of the large tombstone. Or, you may have already found one on the overworld...

PCWspunkmaster
01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
I've been playing this quest on and off for a few weeks (Level 8, 9:34 played), and it's simply outstanding! The puzzles are just the right level of frustration, and the addition of new enemies and items is great.

Until now, the only puzzle I hadn't been able to solve on my own was the VERY first one (cutting the small bushes). So now, here is my problem - In Level 8, B1, the right hand room of the top two - There are ten or so pressure plates to cover, and I have spent the better part of three hours OUTSIDE of the game working on how to push the blocks to solve it. HELP!!!

Pineconn
01-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks for posting this. The items and enemies are actually standard in Zelda Classic games, so that really isn't a big deal. But I appreciate the puzzles tidbit. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zeldalv8.png

Well, the first thing you need to do is push block 15 all the way to the left. Then push 4 up, 6 left, 9 down, and 16 right. Next, push 10, 11, and 12 up, then 14 left. Push 7 and 8 right, then finish by pushing 1, 2, and 3 down.

I really hope that's right, since I wrote that pretty fast. Thanks again for playing my quest.

PCWspunkmaster
01-05-2007, 11:49 PM
D'Oh!! Once the first block was pushed into place, the rest was obvious. Thanks a lot for your help. Dungeon 8 is very pleasantly challenging!

And as for my comments about enemies/weapons, I guess I just got fed up with and quit playing other custom games before I got far enough to see the new stuff. This is the first one I'm seeing through to the end.

This quest rivals the original Zelda, and that's coming from someone who loved the original enough to save up $70 worth of allowance (back when I was 11 years old) to pre-order Zelda II.

Pineconn
01-06-2007, 05:56 PM
It's cool that you played my quest to the end. I suggest playing these three excellent quests:

Hero of Dreams (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90786) by Shoelace. It has good graphics, a nice storyline, and pretty good difficulty. You should definitely play this - it's worth your time! (Quest found within the link.)

Isle of the Winds (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81260) by DarkFlameWolf. Also has good graphics with a Wind Waker overworld (mostly water). This was the first ZC game I played, and it's simply superb. (Quest found here (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=161).)

The 12 Palaces (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=88469) by Dan Furst. Though it uses the basic tileset (like my quest), this quest is truly ingenious. It may be somewhat insanely-hard, but it really is well-designed. (Quest found here (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=265).)

By the way, as it says in my sig, I'm making my second quest, which is more difficult and much larger, but it uses the same formula as End of Time. It won't be done for a little... while... but it'll be worth it.

Russ
01-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Where's level 2?

Pineconn
01-09-2007, 09:49 PM
In Hyrule. ;)

-=SPOILER=-

Russ
02-10-2007, 01:00 PM
How do you get past the block blocking the way in level 4? I have found the "magical spinning projectile" but I don't see what I can do with it.

Edit: Never mind, I found the other entrance. It's such a great quest.

Edit: New question, how do you get the key surrounded by blocks a couple of rooms after the one with the map?

Edit: Never mind

Pineconn
02-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Mmm... okay. Feel free to ask more questions if you get stuck.

Russ
02-10-2007, 08:21 PM
How do you get the wallet and what are you supposed top do after buying the fire spell in the cave behind the pond?

Edit: And what are you supposed to do once you have the lens of truth?
Side note: How do you post the text that you have to hilight to read in the forums?

Pineconn
02-11-2007, 12:12 AM
You should have gotten the 500-Rupee wallet in Level 4 in the desert.

The fire spell, or Din's Fire as it's called, is an optional item in this quest. However, it is incredibly convient when fighting Batrobes.

With the Lens of Truth, you can find the path across the sea of spikes in the NW part of the underworld. The portal to that is on the top row of screens in the overworld, sixth from the right (screen 0A).

Russ
02-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Where's level 6. I already found the fire boomerang, but can't figure out what to do with it. (I can garenty no sooner will I post then I will figure it out. It's a habit:) )

TheBestGamer
02-11-2007, 11:24 PM
The quest database isn't working. Is there another place I could download this quest?

Pineconn
02-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry that I didn't respond to you earlier, I've been sooo busy with school and various band functions. Level 6 is in NW Hyrule. You need the Fire Boomerang from the Underworld, and there are two bushes across a small pond that you must burn with the boomerang. Then, you can Hookshot across and continue. If you need me to be more specific, I'll gladly do so.

@ TheBestGamer: I'll upload my quest to a site. I'll have it up by tomorrow: Wednesday.

Russ
02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Ya, you could be a little more specific. I can find no such place.

Pineconn
02-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Actually, I lied: I'll have the quest up Thursday. Sorry about that. :(

To Level 6: Play the Whistle several times until you get to the brown area in the Overworld. Go west several times (past the large tombstone) to get to this pond. Use the Fire Boomerang to burn the bushes, and Hookshot across. Push the rock and you'll find a teleporter to the Underworld. Keep on going and you'll be in the swamp. You'll find Level 6 here.

erm2003
02-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Side note: How do you post the text that you have to hilight to read in the forums?

Use the code below but substitute brackets [ ] for the parentheses ( )
(spoiler)Enter text.(/spoiler)

This will look like...

-=SPOILER=-

Pineconn
02-15-2007, 04:56 PM
-=SPOILER=-

You are very close to downloading End of Time!

Click here to download End of Time!! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWV9LKL4)

You just missed your chance to download End of Time!

Russ
02-16-2007, 12:16 AM
In level 6, in the part with the hungry raving goriya, is a key or something important behind it. If yes, where's the bait, if no, do you have a list of the keys.

Side note: In the link to the heavens demo, how did you get the whole grave to move when it was made of four different combos?

Pineconn
02-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Yes, there is something crucial behind the Goriya. You can buy bait in the shop in the lake. Not the swamp; the lake. From the beginning of the Overworld, go left, up, right, up, up, right, right, up, right. See the stairs? Go right once more and find the break in the trees to get to the shop.

In my demo, the pushing of the large tombstone was accomplished with combo cycling. Yes, very tedious combo cycling that took a solid day or two to make.

Russ
02-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Okay, now where's level 7. I already got the mirror shield. And by the way, why do you like hiding heart container peices underwater so much. I already found about 6:)

Edit: I found level 8 and am trying to get through it. Is there an item I need from level 7 to get through?

TheBestGamer
02-17-2007, 02:05 PM
-=SPOILER=-

You are very close to downloading End of Time!

Click here to download End of Time!! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWV9LKL4)

You just missed your chance to download End of Time!

I must be blind. I can get to the download page with no problems, but I don't see a button to actually download the file. Where is it, exactly?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It looked like a search box. Figures.

Pineconn
02-18-2007, 11:14 PM
There aren't really that many underwater Heart Pieces.... but at least you're finding them. ;) And, yes, you obviously need the Boots. Which you have.

I personally don't like MegaUpload, but it was the only file uploader that I could think of at the moment. Sorry about that.

Russ
02-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Actually, I don't have the boots. I used Nayru's love spell to get across the trail of spikes. So I could use the location of level seven

Pineconn
02-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Nayru's Love?? I never thought of using it to get past the spikes. I'll have to fix that in my remake... Nice find!

Level seven is in the NE-most screen of the Overworld. I'm sure you could get to it by yourself. And make sure you have the Mirror Shield if you don't have it yet.

Russ
02-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Beat the game. Great quest Pineconn. Level nine should have been longer. My time was 12:31:24. Before a say th death toll, know that I thought the conveyer area in level two where you kill three blobs to get a key was a place where you had to walh along the conveyer to get the key. I did this a lot, got mad and accidentely saved. Okay, the death toll was-gulp-114.

Pineconn
02-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Indeed, Level 9 was way too easy. I was kind of at the point that I wanted the quest done. ;) But thanks for playing my quest! My second quest is coming along nicely and follows the same quest-making formula used in End of Time. (And Level 9 is probably the second-most difficult dungeon in the game.)

JP Blanchette
04-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Where is Level-1? I can't seem to find it.

sps999
04-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Im Only Saying This From Memory So It Might Not Work...
You Need To Get The Candle West Of The Very Beggining And Then Burn A Smaller Bush Near The Tree You Got The Candle. There Will Be A Tree Stacked Up Real High Go Inside And Theres Level One.:D

Pineconn
04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Out Of Pure Curiosity, Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?

That's more or less correct. From the very beginning, go left, upper left, down (follow that zigzag path), then slash the tree at the end. The tree looks different than all the others. Go in and retrieve the candle. Go back up, and burn that line of trees that also look different than the rest (on the north side). Viola, Level 1.

patrickab7
06-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Just played this quest, tremendous job. Really enjoyed it. Had a few stumbling blocks, but this thread helped a lot. Thanks!

-PB

Pineconn
06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey, thanks a lot. I find it amazing that so many people enjoyed my quest that took me about a month to make, considering my second quest is taking me 2 years or longer. ;)

Russ
06-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I find it amazing that so many people enjoyed my quest that took me about a month to make, considering my second quest is taking me 2 years or longer.

Yah, and the sad thing is no one will like the second one near as much as the first. Strange how it works isn't it?:confused:

Anyways, I have some time on my hands and could make this quest in a newer tileset if you like. If you do want me to, just tell me what tileset you prefer.

And I could make a walkthrough so you don't have to answer so many questions.

Dan Furst
06-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Yah, and the sad thing is no one will like the second one near as much as the first.

That's just not true. I've played it and it's better than End of Time.

Not saying there's anything wrong with End of Time, not at all. :)

Pineconn
06-19-2007, 10:02 PM
That's just not true. I've played it and it's better than End of Time.

You mean the puzzles you designed? :rolleyes:

I truly am hoping, though, that it will be better. It uses Pure graphics, and uses the same formula that I made EoT with. Of course, I picked up a number of new tricks (more advanced combo cycling, secondary secret flags, boss room flags, etc. etc.), so it will be interesting to play through, IMHO. And don't get me started about Level 7... *wahahaha*

Link to the Heavens (the actual title of my 2nd quest) is a bit more difficult than EoT, and it is at least a few hours longer as well. Mostly all of the music is custom, too. And I'm hoping I ironed out all of the sticky midi bugs...

Anyways, I have some time on my hands and could make this quest in a newer tileset if you like. If you do want me to, just tell me what tileset you prefer.

And I could make a walkthrough so you don't have to answer so many questions.

I did plan on remaking my quest with Pure or DoR (probably DoR as practice for my 3rd quest, if I decide to make it ;)). But you can remake it if you'd like, too. If you do, I can give you the password. And there's no need to type out a walkthrough, considering I don't get too many questions anymore. But again, if you really want to, go ahead.

And, y'know, with all this free time, you could make a quest. ;)

Russ
06-19-2007, 11:55 PM
And, y'know, with all this free time, you could make a quest. ;)

I am making one, but it really stinks. I am not good at making overworlds, and my dungeons are far too linear. But I would love to make the EoT remake, and I am using a slighly edited version of DoR for my quest that would be perfect for EoT (The main difference is I imported many different mountains, because I never could figure out how to use DoR mountains). And as for the midis used in EoT, I recognize most but not all of them. Here is the list just in case I got something wrong.

Overworld: LttP light world
Underworld: LttP dark world
Cave: Lttp cave
Level 1: LttP Light world dungeons You really like LttP midis don't you:)
Level 2: OoT Forest temple
Level 3: I don't know
Level 4: OoT Spirit temple
Level 5: I don't know
Level 6: OoT Water Temple
Level 7: MM Stone Tower
Level 8: I don't know
Level 9: Some remake of zelda 2 palace theme, Super Smash Bros. maybe.

And do you want me to add different midis for different sections of the overworld, like the desert and forest? Or use different midis for boss battles? And do you want me too make the dungeon's looks match the midis, e.g. level 2 have a forest temple look, level 4 have a desert tower look?

Pineconn
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Level 3 and Level 5 are custom-ish, and Level 8 is Turtle Rock from Link's Awakening.

I was also planning on having the different areas have different midis (mountain, swamp, lake, Hyrule Field, graveyard, desert, forest, Moblin Village), as well as boss battles. And -- again -- I was going to make the dungeons more thematic (Level 1: normal, L2: forest, L3: graveyard-ish, L4: desert, L5: shadow, L6: water, L7: tower, L8: fire).

Russ
06-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Actually, I don't have the boots. I used Nayru's love spell to get across the trail of spikes.

I have thought of a way to get around this. Rather than have a spike trail, make it where the player can walk right up to the volcano housing catycalism crater (I know I mispelled that), but there is no entrance. Then, once you beat level 7, an event is triggered and a cutscene shows the volcano erupt and the entrance hole appears after a chunk of the volcano goes sky high. And should I try to make custom bosses for the levels, or would you perfer to make custom bosses, or would you like to keep the normal enemy bosses.

And also, with level 3, in End of Time it has a unique feel to it (the music really atributes to it). Do you want to keep that feel in the remake, or give it more of the OoT shadowy impending doom feel.

Pineconn
06-21-2007, 12:45 AM
I truly planned on keeping the entire game's "feel" intact. That goes with bosses, too. And feel free to make the cut scene of the volcano's exploding, I like the idea of it.

Do vat eva' vou vant!

Russ
07-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Okay, I have made level 1 (Yah, I know my progress is slow). I will private message you a link to it. And just another random idea I had. Howabout there is a great fairy trapped in every level. If you find and free them, they will reward you. For instance, where you get the boomerang in level one, behind the bomable wall, instead of the goriya there is a fairy in a cage who gives you the boomerang if you open the cage by stepping on the switch. Yes I know that was a run on sentance. Anyways, as the dungeons get harder, the switches get further away from where the fairys are held captive. By the time you get to level 9, the fairy who gives you a heart container (the room behind the bomable wall where you get the key neer the beginning) is trapped in a cage with a switch in a secret place behind Ganon's base in the underworld. And when you free them all, their queen gives you the gold ring. By the way, where is the red ring. I never could find it. Maybe the fairy gives the red ring instead, since gold ring makes it too easy. And could I have the quest password please. It makes it so much easier to remake EoT (right now I am playing the quest and opying screen by screen, and even killing some enemies then walking out and back in the room to see what order they are in Zquest). Oh, and also, for level 2, do you want me to use the forest temple tiles that come with Dor, or these (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=346) on pure ZC, or these (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=21), also on Pure ZC. And I was thinking of making the temple mostly open aired (no ceiling) execpt for the boss and triforce room. And maybe moving the entrance one or two screens up, as the current location only allows for it to be underground or in a tree.

Pineconn
07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Don't ask me these things! Like I said, go right ahead and make any changes you'd like. The red ring is accessible by burning a large tree in the underworld. I've played through the first part - it's looking good. I'll send you the quest password now (don't anyone else ask for it! :p).

Russ
07-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Bad news. I got a new computer that uses Windows Vista. But Vista won't run 2.10, only the 2.11 Alphas that have ZLaunch. Unless you want me to take a chance and risk building it with 254, the End of Time remake will have to wait untill 2.5, unlss someone else does it.:( And by the way, sorry for all the questions about what to do. I just really wanted this to b End of Time as you invisioned it.

Pineconn
07-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Go ahead and try it on b254. And I never envisioned EoT as anything, I just popped it out in a month or two. ;)