PDA

View Full Version : Quest for Freedom II Released

Pages : [1] 2

Freedom
09-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Quest for Freedom II

Story line.
Years ago, as you remember, Link Sr. fought and defeated ganon, but as it turns out Ganon didn't die, badly injured and at deaths door he went into hiding.
Life went on with Ganon in hiding, and Link and Zelda married and had two fine sons, Link Jr. and Dink, Dink being one year behind Link Jr.
As the boys grew, Ganon's henchmen also grew in strength and in numbers, and as their numbers grew, the freedoms of the Hyrulians were stripped from them.
The people, starved, beaten, and driven from their homes, longed for a saviour to free them once again from the bondage of Ganon and his henchmen.

One day the Hyrulians brought Link sr. home dead, a victim of Ganon's henchmen.
Enraged, Link and Dink buried their father in a little spot they prepaired in the yard of
the home they grew up in.

With their mother, Zelda in mourning at the gravesite.....
Link and Dink decided the time had come to rid the world of Ganon and his type.
Link Jr. was always a fighter, but now he had the support of Dink who was a master
at inventing systems and weaponry.

Link decided to set out and destroy ganon and his henchmen once and for all, and Dink was set to the task of being Links support chain.

Notes on game play.

The game is set up to follow the clues given at the end of each level in the "exit message".
The exit messages will tell you what area (usually dungeon levels) to go to next.
The red tile in the triforce room will allow you to go back and visit the exit messages again, should you need to.
In addition to the above, you should get to know the overworld well, several items that you must have in the dungeons are in the overworld areas, so you should walk the whole
overworld areas before becoming dependant on the warp chamber which might cause you to overlook needed items and information.
People in the overworld will also often give you good tips, if you just stop and talk to them.

Once you complete a level and grab the triforce piece you can blow your whistle, and you will be picked up and flown back to the levels you've completed.
There are two overworlds, eight dungeon levels with eight triforce pieces, and the ninth level is where Ganon is, if you have the courage to make it that far.

credits;
PrinceMSC for Rev.2 and old ML tiles, Orion for his LTTP tileset, plith for the Descendant Tileset of which this quest was started, and what the pallettes are,
and many tiles collected from all over as well as many I made.

The info shop in the game is a salute to Prince for all his hard work with ZC, and because he released the Rev.2 unpassworded to help folks see how things work.
The info guy is winking at Prince :O)
and thanks to IDK for the tutorial and a block puzzle in level 3.

I've checked this very carefully for bugs, but that doesn't mean they don't exist, you may do something playing this game I never dreamed of :O)
Please let me know if you find any bugs so I can correct them :O)

the quest can be downloaded here.
http://www.ida.net/users/mfreedom/ZC/IIscreens.htm

ms_zelda_lady
09-20-2003, 05:14 PM
:heart: I loved your first Freedom quest and from seeing the pics on your site this quest is gonna rock!

ms_zelda_lady

Freedom
09-20-2003, 05:26 PM
The two quests are as different as day and night :O)

most of the pictures are outdated and have changed, I'm just to lazy to update them. :O)

ms_zelda_lady
09-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Wow its a beautiful looking quest and plays great so far. But of course I'm already stuck in the Den of Thieves cause I can't find the bracelet and can't move the barrels in the map room. Please can you help me? I did find a treasure already but its not the bracelet. If you don't want to spoil the secret can you pm me.
Thanks in advance

ms_zelda_lady

Freedom
09-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Dink's hint to get the keys.

the barrels don't move, have to go in from the stronghold, in the room below where the guy says "they're stealing our powder, but we don't know how they're getting in".
The stronghold is in the windmill.

ms_zelda_lady
09-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Thank God for the edit button......LOL
This is absolutely the most incredible quest I've ever played.
Freedom you have outdone yourself with this masterpiece.
Done the first level and have gotten what I need to move on.
Been searching the overworld and have done some shopping at the megastore so I'm up to date with supplies. Got the blue clothes, shield, bow and arrow and even found a boomerang. Found level 3 by accident. Took a quick peek in and can't wait to do that level later. But my 2 questions are now that I have 7 hearts where's that white sword and where's level 2? For everyone out there go and download this quest and I guarantee you won't be sorry you did. Be forewarned its not the easiest but I must admit this is the most fun I've had in a long time.
ms_zelda_lady

Freedom
09-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Level 2 is in the Lost woods, and the sword is in it.
wow you're moving right along

ms_zelda_lady
09-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Yup I'm trying to move along but ..........can't seems to find my way to the Lost Woods :confuse2:
Am I supposed to be able to walk to the Lost Woods or am I supposed to get there by going through the caves in Drygulch. I heard the clue about the red flowers but there's only a house there and it seems that the wall prevents me from going more to the west.
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

Freedom
09-21-2003, 08:49 PM
you're close :O)
just keep looking at the flowers and follow the trail :O)

didn't ya ever do any tracking in the girl scouts? :O)

ms_zelda_lady
09-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Sorry no girl scout here. LOL
Yipee!!! Thanks for your help. I figured it out. Boy sometimes I wonder if I have a brain afterall. On my way there now. BTW I did alot of the Palace of Death and the sewers. Loved that block puzzle! Took a few tries but I got it.
ms_zelda_lady

sasja
09-22-2003, 10:24 AM
nice quest .have a question about lvl 3 I,m stuck I think I need the ladder but cannot find it.please help.

elise
09-22-2003, 11:09 AM
This is one off the best games I played so far
I really like it a lot
there are a few bugs when you move sculls and get stuck in the holes
You have done a great job !!!!

Freedom
09-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Elise.

where is that?
I remembered setting the flag and then when I went back I couldn't find the one I'd set.
somewhere in N. Drygulch right?
never made the room for it, instead it's "pepi's place" now.

Sasja,

investigate the rooms carefully, there are 2 things you are over-looking :O)

elise
09-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Yes one is in N.Drygulch on the bottem off the overworld
in the screen with the little lake
and the other was I think in the other part off Drygulch

Freedom
09-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Thank you, I'll fix those.
I bet when I was looking for them I didn't have the bracelet, and that's why they wouldn't push :O)

Edit;
I removed the flags from those two skulls and re-uploaded a new zip file.
thanks again :O)

sasja
09-22-2003, 04:17 PM
I did level 3 several times and there are areas I cannot go to.I investigate every room for many times.I,m realy stuck will you give me a hint please?

elise
09-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Sasja
The walls are noth that solid
Try banging your head against them and walk on :)

ms_zelda_lady
09-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey Freedom, just me stuck again in level 2 LOL I got one key which I usedand got the white sword. Met the man with the bow but I'm now going in circles and can't find any more keys or the way to the lower level. I am figuring that I need the hookshot down there but I can't find that either. Can you or someone else help me?
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

elise
09-22-2003, 06:57 PM
ms_zelda_lady you are right you need the hookshot.
There for you need to take a little walk in N hyrule
Good luck

Freedom
09-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Sasja,
push blocks too :O)

ms_zelda_lady
in the exit message for level 1, remember what the lady almost forgot to tell Link? :O)

ms_zelda_lady
09-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the help elise. I got the hookshot and I'm finished level 2. I am also stuck finding the ladder in level 3. I have only 4 rooms on the western side of the map that I can't get in and a few on the eastern side which one of them holds a key that I can't get to. I'm in dire need of the ladder and have bombed and tried to walk-thru those four walls on the left but nothing works. Please Freedom some help would be really nice right now.

Thanks in advance

ms_zelda_lady

Freedom
09-23-2003, 03:23 AM
you've got me confused Zelda_lady.
What have you gotten out of level 3?
if nothing, follow the hint I gave right above about pushing blocks.
I thought you said you had already been in the sewers.

sasja
09-23-2003, 05:55 AM
I pushed blocks and found the first item but for me I,m as far as ms zelda I,v been in the sewers but not everywhere.there is a room in the sewers where I came by bombing a wall but there is nothing there.I cannot come any further and playing lvl 3 over and over again.so far it is one of the best quest I,ve ever played and want to finish it.

elise
09-23-2003, 09:15 AM
The room in the sewer has two eyes use one of your items
on them and you can get up.
From there you can finish the level without the rooms in the western part.
Maybe we have to go there later when we have the ladder ?
There are also two rooms in level two I couldn't enter ?
Now I am in desperate need of the raft . I found a red tree
I think it's the right one .I found a passage west but there I can't get to the rightside where that nice red suit is hanging arround :)
Freedom you did a nice job keeping me busy , confused , and off the streets for a long time.:) :)

Freedom
09-23-2003, 10:13 AM
ok here's the deal on three.

There are sewers to the south, east and west.
the ones to the south get you in the upper level to begin with,
the one to the west has the ladder, and the one to the east allows you access to the boss, by letting you get a key.

there is a way to get down in the middle sewer area that you cross over the bridges above, check the statues on the east side pretty closely :O)

the eastern sewers you fall into if you aren't careful :O)

once you have been in all the sewers and done what you have to do, you can use the ladder in the room next to the enterance so you won't have to travel all the way around through the sewers and the block puzzle any more. :O)

Now I am in desperate need of the raft

yep, it's time, you need it in level 4.
remember the guy said you would need a rope or something?
or maybe a hookshot? :O)

I think you have the wrong red tree too, if you're talking about the red tunic you see, there's one on the southroad in Northern Hyrule.

Sephiroth
09-23-2003, 10:29 AM
I couldn't even figure out how to get past level 1.. I guess I do suck at playing games.. :banghead:

Freedom
09-23-2003, 10:29 AM
easy Snort, just use a lot of bombs :O)

Sephiroth
09-23-2003, 10:34 AM
I'll have to try that when I get home.. (school pc's won't let me download things)

elise
09-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Yes Freedom it was the wrong red tree.
I found myself in level seven Possum ridge :)
But I finished it now I am going to find the raft in my new red tunic :)

Mysterious1
09-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Hi Freedom, first let me say well done, very good looking quest,fun so far, i've gotten 8 hearts the bow & arrow, the hookshot, large money bag & finished level 1. and still can't find level 2, I was never a scout either (lol ) I went to enchanted forest read the hints there, stll not sure what to do , can you help me plz , two days now i've been following red flowers, and going nowhere
thx

Freedom
09-23-2003, 11:56 AM
in the lost woods, right accross the street from Link's house, in the frame where the house is that tells you to follow the red flowers....
follow them to the east.

elise,

I'm surprised you beat 7 that early, guess I made it too easy.

edit,
I just looked at the level 7, and you shouldn't have been able to get in there with the "tools" you have, I sent you a private message to try and figure out how you did, so I can fix it.

sctmorgan
09-23-2003, 12:21 PM
O.k., I'm lost, Can someone tell me where lvl 3 is. I found lvl 4.

Never mind I found Lvl 3. I didn't read the hint correctly.

ms_zelda_lady
09-23-2003, 01:43 PM
:cry:
I'm still looking for that ladder in level 3. I have read all the posts but can't figure out what to do. I have only been able to find the sewer that you can access after the block room going from the right of the start of that level where a walk-thru wall is. I got the boss only because I used a key from somewhere else and now can't figure out how to get to that key room that is 3 rooms south of the boss that has a stairway going down. Still can't access 4 rooms on the western side of the map. Athough I have gone into other levels and gotten the raft and the ocarina I am in bad need of that ladder. Please Freedom or anyone else will you be specific in directions because I can't figure it out nor can I understand how to access the other sewers that you are talking about.
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

spacedoubt
09-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Elise-

In Level 2 where you cant enter the 2 rooms, go to the room just below the rooms that you cant access, and try bombing a wall there. That had me perplexed for a while too!

Freedom
09-23-2003, 05:51 PM
ms Zelda,
You're liable to run into problems if you use keys from one dungeon in another, there are just enough keys for each place.
and if you do, you're sure to miss something you need, all the keys as far as I know, protect items.

I sent you a PM and explained what you need to do in 3 :O)

sctmorgan
09-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Can someone help me with Lvl 5? I can't get pass the first room.

elise
09-23-2003, 07:00 PM
sctmorgan whistle a nice tune :)

spacedoubt
09-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Freedom-

I forgot to mention on the ZCN boards, putting Beatles midis in the game was an excellent choice. Im a way back Beatles fan.

Freedom
09-23-2003, 09:47 PM
spacedoubt,

I was wondering if anyone liked the music :O)
I thought it fit in pretty well.

I was also wondering how folks liked the bow and boomerang games.

ms_zelda_lady
09-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Thank you Freedom for the pm about the ladder. I hope I don't run short of keys but if I do it will give me a reason to start over and at least I will play it better the second time around.
Now just two more questions. I finished level 4 and found the ocarina but never got to figure out the maze to speak to the manfor the magic sword. The other question is how do I get to Skull Island? I have searched and can't find a way there.

Thanks for everyone's help
ms_zelda_lady

Freedom
09-24-2003, 12:44 AM
You should stick with that maze until you get the sword, you'll need it bad.
if the boogers are too bad in the maze, run by them.

the dock is east of shroom forest in Southern Hyrule.

ms_zelda_lady
09-24-2003, 01:45 AM
I've given up for now on that maze. I'll try it later. Its not because I keep dying , its more because I've been going in circles not getting to the man. But on a brighter note I did the Ship and the left half of the Tomb of Sashra and got 3 really good treasures. Not bad considering how much trouble most of the other levels gave me. Now if I can figure out how to get to the right side of that level I'd be set. That's for another day.
Thanks for the help Freedom

ms_zelda_lady

Mysterious1
09-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Ms_Zelda_Lady do you remember where you found the blue suit, I know I saw it when I 1st started the game, but I forgot where, i'm in level 2 now thx for the hint

sasja
09-24-2003, 07:32 AM
yes now I finished lvl 3 and found the ladder thank you all for all the help so now I,m going to find the raft and up to lvl 4. it,s a lot of fun this quest.

ms_zelda_lady
09-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Mysterious1, I bought the suit at a shop. I'm sorry I'm not sure which one but if you finish level 4 its one of a few items you receive from a fairy. Now if someone could tell me what the trick is to getting to the right side of level 5 I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

spacedoubt
09-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Like everyone I'm having trouble fnding the ladder in Lvl3. Could someone please PM with some hints or directions. I think I have a brain cramp!:eek:

pauldoo
09-24-2003, 01:06 PM
ms_zelda_lady, from the start you go to the left than up till you can go left again, next is all the way down

spacedoubt
09-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Freedom
spacedoubt,

I was wondering if anyone liked the music :O)
I thought it fit in pretty well.

I was also wondering how folks liked the bow and boomerang games. i havent tried the bow or boomerang games yet, Ill have to go give them a try.

ms_zelda_lady
09-24-2003, 04:21 PM
spacedoubt check your pms. I just sent you the info about how to get the ladder. Someone here was kind enough to send it to me so I shall pass on the kindness to you. Hope you find it.

ms_zelda_lady

elise
09-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Can someone one give me a hint on the Avalanche Peac ?
See nice golden tunic but can't get it.
Can't enter two rooms in the middle off the subfloor.
Can't get that nice shiney sword on the main floor.
But not everything is that bad got myself a nice golden arrow :)

Freedom
09-24-2003, 06:56 PM
elise.

gets tricky now.
listen to the hint given in the room on the main floor to the far left, then up, and use that knowledge in the room on the far right and up.

elise
09-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Yes freedom I understand that and I am there halfway
need the second item and can't figure that out

Freedom
09-24-2003, 07:15 PM
use what ya got :O)
it will give the secret sound letting you know you're right

spacedoubt
09-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Thank you Elise, and Ms Zelda Lady-

I've found the ladder and have beaten Lvl3 and have traversed thru Lvl4 til i need the raft. Unfortunatley, I havent been able to locate it. Freedom, please send some NoDoze as I havent rested since I started this quest (LOL)

Freedom
09-24-2003, 07:57 PM
ROFLOL
drugs not included.

ms_zelda_lady
09-24-2003, 08:11 PM
spacedoubt check your pms. One is waiting for you.
I have finished level 5 Freedom and have gone back to level 4 for the sword but still can't figure it out. I have 14 hearts so its not like I am short of life. Can you help me out here? I'm getting discouraged going in circles.
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

spacedoubt
09-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanx again Ms Zelda Lady
You saved me a long wandering night !

ms_zelda_lady
09-24-2003, 10:20 PM
You're very welcome spacedoubt. The real thanks should go to Freedom for not only making the greatest quest but for all the help and hints that he's given to all of us. :heart:
I hope other questmakers see all these postings and realize that sometimes everyone can use a little help every now and then and more people will play their quests if they can get a little help when they are stuck.

ms_zelda_lady

Freedom
09-24-2003, 10:47 PM
I hate games ya can't beat, and making a game that can't be beat is easier than one that can.

I played the original zelda when it came out, and even called nintendo asking them questions, the walk through wall for one, had me major stumped.
they always answered questions.

I've uploaded a page with all the maps and a text file that tells many of the locations and secrets, using it will probably spoil the game for you but anyone that wants the address, just ask and I will PM it to you.

spacedoubt
09-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Freedom-

I'll take the addy. Im not into spoilers but it may come in handy at a later date. Plus my kids play the games too, and they ask me every 5 minutes "WHAT DO I DO NOW DAD?" Oh, and BTW Ms Zelda Lady has the right idea, so, Many Thanx for helping out some of us zelda playing addicts. I cant wait to see your next project (if you have one in the making anyway)

Dark Entity
09-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Nice job, this is a very fun quest!

However, I am stuck on Level 3 and it seems that I cannot go anywhere. So far, I have only
found the Magic Boomerang and I still need the ladder. I can only move along the bottom stretch
of rooms in the sewer, although the map shows a very large area. I have also located a door
that needs a key which I cannot reach as of yet. Could someone please help me out? It seems
that I have bombed and attempted to walk through every wall that seemed to lead to another
area, but I have uncovered nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Freedom
09-24-2003, 11:09 PM
My next quest is under way, I've learned a great deal making QFFII and as a result wish I had done some things differently but also didn't want to go back and change all the stuff I'd done.

The next one "SwanSong" should be a real kicker :O)
already got a good start on the overworld.

Dark Entity,
don't overlook the statues

ms_zelda_lady
09-24-2003, 11:32 PM
I am definitely interested in the URL with the maps and hints.....Yes I know it can spoil the game but for people like me who aren't the best of players it sends the frustration level way down. So whenever you have a chance I'll appreciate it.
One question though about the blueline thats under the hearts which I assume is probably for magic. Will it be used later in the game? My line already has stretched to six hearts after buying that expensive bottle in Shroom Forest.
Can't wait to see your next quest.
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

Dark Entity
09-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Alright, I have gone through every room that I can reach in Level 3, killed all of the
enemies, and if there was a statue in the room, I shot it in the eye with the Bow. I
also did not notice any significant differences in the statues. Do I have the completely
wrong idea about your hint, or am I just altogether clueless?

spacedoubt
09-25-2003, 12:30 AM
Black Entity-

Check your pm, Ive passed along a message.

Freedom
09-25-2003, 12:47 AM
Ms. Zelda

The magic isn't used a lot, but it is used, the wand and boots use magic.

I'll PM you that addy

sasja
09-25-2003, 05:13 AM
please I need a hint to find the raft too. btw freedom wat means roflol. is it an hint

Ielen
09-25-2003, 07:27 AM
Dink's hint to get the keys.

the barrels don't move, have to go in from the stronghold, in the room below where the guy says "they're stealing our powder, but we don't know how they're getting in".
The stronghold is in the windmill.

I'm stuck in Lvl 1, I see the Bracelet but I can't reach it. I followed your clue back to the stronghold & I found the old man that said the same thing about the "powder near the barrel full". I tried bombing every where but it doesn't seem to work. So how to solve this? Hehe I'm stumped now.

Btw, when I first start the game, I tried pressing down & it will sometimes lead me to the start of the game or it will just play the same intro over & over again.
There are also some flowers near Lvl 1 where you step on them & move to the next screen, you can't get out of the flower.

elise
09-25-2003, 08:56 AM
Freedom I beat your quest !!!!!!!!!
It was a real pleasure playing it ,but I couldn't have done it with the help off you all.
That is what makes playing the game more fun ,cause you know
you can finish it and not get so frustrated you have to remove it
unfinished.
I really look forward to your new Quest.
Could you pm me the page so I can see what I missed (Like the gold tunic)
To everybody who read this and don't have your quest DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!!!:) :) :)

sasja
09-25-2003, 09:58 AM
yippie I just found the raft all on my own and elise is right download it it is so much fun!!!!!!

elise
09-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Ielen

Check your pm

Good luck Elise

Ielen
09-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Thanks elise for the tip :D

Freedom
09-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Hi Ielen,

I haven't had a problem with the intro screen, but the bushes I knew about, but left as is because you can slash your way out if you turn and slash at the same time.

sometimes the intro screen triggers too fast taking you to the story line, but I figured that was just a trait of Zelda Classic.
only does it 1 in 10 times or so, seems like the timed screen warp isn't consistant about it's starting position.

Elise,
You missed out on one of the coolest parts of the game.
you should go back and get the Golden Tunic.
the text file I PM'ed you tells you how.

Congrats!!! on your VICTORY

fajz
09-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Can someone help me with where the key for level 1 is? I just started and have the W. sword, Super bomb, Level 1 map, but just can't get any further without the key that I just can't find.

Thanks in advance

FZ

Freedom
09-25-2003, 11:40 AM
fajz,

there are three walkways across the pit, two need keys, the other.......
push against the wall

Ielen
09-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Hi Freedom,

I got the bracelet, but can't figure out where the Boss is at yet. I've bombed alot of rooms after opening the locked door (with the push blocks requiring the bracelet) & got the Bait item.

When I first start ZC, I can press down & enter the game. When I press quit & save or quit & continue, it will replay the whole intro scene (pressing down didn't work). So the intro is replayed again hehe :D

Btw, I spotted alot of bugs though, like when you walk into a cave, you will see the walk through wall door combo. There's undercombo tile errors in one of the dungeons (named after someone). The cactus is positioned too near & when you move up, you get hit by a cactus.

Freedom
09-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Btw, I spotted alot of bugs though, like when you walk into a cave, you will see the walk through wall door combo. There's undercombo tile errors in one of the dungeons (named after someone). The cactus is positioned too near & when you move up, you get hit by a cactus.

ok that one green square you see happens when you have a doorway at the very top of the screen, that's a ZC thing.
as far as I know it only happens on one of level 6's enterences, which I really just didn't want to go back and change.

I wish you could be more specific about the under combo I missed, would really like to fix that one.

the cactus is SUPPOSED to suck you in :O)
I did it that way on purpose to satisfy my mean streak :O)
but then I took pity and went back and added a heart fairy near by. :O)

fajz
09-25-2003, 05:30 PM
I've been thru the center wall and fooled around in that area. But you need a key to enter the path to the boss in the west pathwat across the pit. Where is this key?

elise
09-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Fajz

Check your pm

Good luck Elise

spacedoubt
09-25-2003, 08:33 PM
YAY ELISE-

Congrats on finishing the game! Now we have another person to drop hints when we are stuck (lol)

Freedom- Do I love the music in them dungeons OR WHAT? Havent heard Blue Jay Way in ages! One thing though, the music in Lvl4 wasnt a Beatles song but a song by Paul McCartney. Same difference though, I still was stoked.

sctmorgan
09-25-2003, 09:41 PM
o.k. I'm having a good time with this quest. Now, I'm stuck. I can't find level 7. the hint says east of Shoorm but I end up at lvl 5 or avalache(?) island. can someone help me with this?

This is a terrific quest. Everyone should play this quest.

Boommaster
09-25-2003, 11:26 PM
Y'all a lot better than I am. I have taken a lot of short walks in N. Hyrule and still haven't found the boomerang. I can't go any further in Level 2 without it. Please, I need help finding it. Tks.

spacedoubt
09-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Boommaster-

Check your pm.

Boommaster
09-26-2003, 12:29 AM
sorry bout that. It was the hook shot thingy I can't find. If you could help me with that. Thanks for the advise on the other. I had found that and it was my stupidity. Tks.

spacedoubt
09-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Boommaster-

Ok, Check pm again.

Boommaster
09-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Spaceboubt. Thank you Thank you. Will do now

Ielen
09-26-2003, 02:43 AM
*b*, perhaps you could have been more tactical in your posting like pointing out where the bugs are found, it would help Freedom alot to iron out those bugs.

Freedom has done alot of work to come up with this massive quest. In Lvl 2 for example, you can see the flowers grow back, which is pretty good map work.

This quest is as comparable to DFW's Hidden Duality. So many neat tricks, confusing puzzles, etc.

Freedom, I forgot the name of the place where there is the undercombo errors, but the place is named after a person.
In the lost woods maze, after you exit out of the maze, if you move down slightly, you'll get stuck onto the railing. One slight complaint hehe is the Enemy Always Return rules makes the game too hard, I've died about 50 times already.

Okay I did get the Bow in Lvl 2 but have not yet got the Hookshot. How do I reach it? The sword I bought in the shop is the White Sword?

Mysterious1
09-26-2003, 03:19 AM
Freedom will you please send the url to me also, thx is a fun quest , the bugs are not to bad, I think they have been mentioned already, I din't like having to kill the enimie over and over a gain eithere but still fun

Freedom
09-26-2003, 03:53 AM
The enemies always return is not checked, they return because they return, I know of no way to stop that.

Ielen, the sword is the wooden sword, you wouldn't expect that old lady to sell you a worth while sword for 50 would you? :O)

many (ALL) of the things for sale are available in other places for free.

Misty,
sent the url :O)

oh and Ielen, I don't mind people critisizing my quest, it just seems the 2 that have, b and jigglysaint, HAVEN'T bothered to play it, or have they dazzled me with a quest of their own.

Ielen
09-26-2003, 05:12 AM
I can live with the enemies returning hehe..
Well I think they are missing out alot on the quest exploration.

I think it's good you come out as an independent ZC quest maker who makes a quest that is uniquely different.
Bugs are one thing, but they do not stop me from enjoying the game.

So back to the game, any hints for the Hookshot?

Btw, could you PM me the URL also, I don't want to miss out on this goodie hehe :D

sasja
09-26-2003, 06:55 AM
one question from me again.I cant get the big key for the last room in lvl 5 to go to the boss room do I need the l2 bracelet here so yes can someone give me a hint?

elise
09-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Sctmorgan and Sasja

check your pm

Elise

fajz
09-26-2003, 08:54 AM
Thanks Elise

fajz

sasja
09-26-2003, 09:21 AM
elise I,ll give it another try thank you

Freedom
09-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Ielen,
You go talk to the man in the Enchanted Forest.

I would like to know about any and all bugs, and get them fixed before it's uploaded to a quest archive.
I know about people getting stuck in the bushes up by level one, and will change it even though all you have to to is turn and swing your sword to get loose.
I also know about the close quarters around level 2, and the undercombo in Lupi's place as well as one of the cave enterances there.

any others I'd like to hear about.

I'll PM the addy. :O)

Ielen
09-26-2003, 11:37 AM
I did talk but he asked me to come back later when I'm ready. It seems I have to give him something in return which I have no idea.

Btw, I did spot a few mushrooms but I can't seem to pick them up. I want to complete the quest before I can let you know of any bugs. One strange bug was the starting screen. Once I could move Link about when it was the starting intro scene hehe :D

It's really a very fun quest to play :P

elise
09-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Ielen

He told you to come back , so bring him another visit, after a little walk in the neighbourhood ;)

Elise

Freedom
09-26-2003, 12:18 PM
I fixed some bugs, undercombo's, bushes, and some grammer errors, and re-uploaded it.
I'll do some other changes as time permits.

I don't know what to say about the intro screen Ielen, I think there's probably nothing I can do, It's set up right.
I noticed it warps too fast sometimes for some reason and ignores the screen tics setting, but that doesn't happen very often, and as for you walking around, that must be in the part where the story-line is, as he really isn't restricted, I guess it's possible he could change to the next screen, I better block him in, he's set to invisable with no subscreen, but I didn't think to block him from moving.

yes, there are some mushrooms you can't get to, listen for the "secret sound" to let you know which is the real mushroom.

Ielen
09-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks elise & Freedom :D
Actually there's one way to test the intro scene.
First way is to run the ZC Program & play the game & press down. You'll start the game without the intro scene.
Second way is to just press quit & save, then you won't be able to enter the game even though you pressed down & you'll see the intro scene.

elise
09-26-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by spacedoubt
YAY ELISE-

Congrats on finishing the game! Now we have another person to drop hints when we are stuck (lol)

Thanks Spacedoubt I do my best to drop hints ,so that many people can finish this quest .
I couldn't have done it myself without some help.

Elise

Freedom
09-26-2003, 02:43 PM
I've tested the intro scene like you say above, it hasn't messed up for me.

has anyone used the flippers and looked under the big stone bridge?

how about the 2 circle of torches and din's fire?

sasja
09-26-2003, 02:44 PM
oke me again it seems I cannot beat the game on my one,I,m on lvl 6 now but I found three entrance and I think there are more.nothing found there only the triforce.it is a little confussing because the caves did nt say it is lvl 6 only in one after a few rooms it says level 6. so one more help please good on you elise cause you beat the game whitout so much help.

Freedom
09-26-2003, 02:49 PM
level 6 is Sanquinary (bloodthirsty) Sandtemple

It has 3 places you enter from the outside, the name was too long to permit a lvl-6 but the d-map intro tells you it's level 6, but that flashes up there and away pretty fast.

there are items in there. :O)

sasja
09-26-2003, 02:55 PM
thank for the quick reply but there are several rooms I can,t enter becase of the green blocks.if there are only three places where I can enter how can I go in the other rooms.

Freedom
09-26-2003, 02:58 PM
You go in one area and hit the orbs to lower the blocks, then back over and cross through into areas you were blocked out of before.

sasja
09-26-2003, 03:03 PM
oke I did that and it works but not in one room.the room with green blocks and yellow blocks,Im in the other side of the orb but I give it a try again.keep making quests freedom you did a great job

elise
09-26-2003, 03:23 PM

has anyone used the flippers and looked under the big stone bridge?

how about the 2 circle of torches and din's fire?

Hi Freeman

I went back to finish the game in a nice golden suit.
I was very suprised over the din's fire :) .
They kept me very confused the first time and eventually I gave
up. I don't think I could have solve that one on my one ;)
It is really one off the best and challenging Zelda quest
I played in a long time :)

(but now I have to return to the bridge I go put on my flippers and take a dive:laughing: )

kittifelyne
09-26-2003, 04:54 PM
I just downloaded the quest and am having a good time......
but I'm stuck in level 1...yeah! that's right!...LOL!
Anyway I got bombs...superbomb...red wand....boomerang...and
hookshot while exploring. I got the map for level1 but can't get into either locked room across the pit.
Where do I get the first key for the door across the pit that doesn't have those blocks....having fun and this a good quest
want to finish level 1 to move on.
Please tell me how to get that first key...thanks in advance.:cry:

P.S. I see there is a url that has maps & hints.....I would like that also please.

elise
09-26-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi Kittifelyne

there are three walkways across the pit, two need keys, the other.......
push against the wall

Good luck Elise

SRP
09-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Freedom, may I please have the URL? Thank you! Could someone please send me a PM about the level 1 stronghold entrance and where the 1st key is once you pass through the wall. Thanks again!

sctmorgan
09-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Elise, thank you for your help.

Freedom, can you PM me the url.

sasja
09-27-2003, 11:05 AM
I finished lvl 6 by accident I had never thought of that trick.I,m now in 7 and cannot figure out how to get to the right side.I,m afraid I need help on each level.

elise
09-27-2003, 11:09 AM
Hi Sasja

Level 7 also has another entrance.
Take a look in the neigbourhood.

Elise

Dark Entity
09-27-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm currently at Level 4, i have found and used two keys, but now I'm pretty sure I need the Boots to get the Boss key which is surrounded by damage tiles. The only problem is that I have no idea where to find them, and I have visited seemingly every room numerous times. Could someone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

elise
09-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Dark Entity

The only thing I remember is you don't get the boots in level 4 .
So stop looking for them they come later in the game.

Elise

sasja
09-27-2003, 11:27 AM
elise the big red tree is that the clue but I tried everything there and nothing happened.

elise
09-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Sasja

Check your pm

Elise

sasja
09-27-2003, 01:50 PM
thank you elise what schould I do without you.yust one hint where is the cross?

elise
09-27-2003, 01:57 PM
well without me somebodyelse gave you these hints :)

The cross is in level 8
Right up you go.

Good luck Elise.

spacedoubt
09-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Message removed.

Breaker
09-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by spacedoubt
Freedom-
Could you please give me the URL to your discussion board? The one in the other Post has something wrong with it. Thanx

It wouldn't be a good idea. Ask him in a private message.

spacedoubt
09-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Ok will do breaker, sorry about that, I didnt know.

Freedom
09-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Breaker,

Meaning no disrespect, why weren't you in here when b kept coming back busting my B..... because he didn't like the graphics in my quest?

You knew he was wrong to keep ragging me, and you knew it was wrong to let it continue to the point it did.

If people can't make and release quests here without being treated in that manner by these supposed quest gods, then there's a problem here.

but you're quick to put a stop to someone that doesn't want that kind of atmosphere.

Breaker
09-28-2003, 06:20 AM
Breaker,

Meaning no disrespect, why weren't you in here when b kept coming back busting my B..... because he didn't like the graphics in my quest?

You knew he was wrong to keep ragging me, and you knew it was wrong to let it continue to the point it did.

If people can't make and release quests here without being treated in that manner by these supposed quest gods, then there's a problem here.

but you're quick to put a stop to someone that doesn't want that kind of atmosphere.

There are four mods in this forum, don't even begin to nag on a single senior moderator for not initially noticing it. The only person in that thread that recieved a warning was you, btw. *b*'s opinions, as crude as they were, were within the boundaries of the rules of this forum. There's an ignore feature which you should learn to use before flaming others.

Unless you do want the thread closed, I would suggest making use of the private message system as noted above or stay on the topic at hand.

Qun Mang
09-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Sounds like I missed the fun. To all, I don't know what happened, but yes, it is a good idea to listen to the mods, whatever they have to say. After all, they are the ones who can let you talk or kick you out, all with the press of a button (no disrespect indended, just a fact).

As far as Freedom's board goes, there should be no need to even ask. Smart people will folloiw the link to his quest and.. voila! there is the link to the message board.

Ielen
09-29-2003, 07:14 AM
Hi Freedom, I would like to mention Lvl 2 is very tough, it's like Link always bump into those flowers & it's very slippery if you wind up on the wrong path that leads to the flowers.

I got the second key but still lack the last key to open the door. I have the boss key, arrow, bow & I saw the White Sword but I need the key. So any hints for the key?

elise
09-29-2003, 12:12 PM
I don't remember the exact places but I think they are in the lava
section.
The blue flowers you can cut.

I hope this helps.

Good luck Elise

Ielen
09-29-2003, 01:33 PM
I found one key in a chest, but the other key still eludes me & I've cut all the grass already.

Joe
09-29-2003, 02:04 PM
I recall at least two keys in chests. Both are in the lava pits. One is in a northern most screen towards the west. Another chest is in a southern most screen towards the east. There is also a key that you can access by activating a block puzzle on the dungeon floor. There may be more keys, but those are the three I recall at the moment.

Thanks - Joe

elise
09-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Hi Ielen

Joe is right I just replayed that level.
to get the white sword when you see it you need the boomerang , not another key.

Elise

Ielen
09-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks elise & Joe, I will try locate the southern east screen. I got the key from the northern most west chest.

Freedom
09-29-2003, 03:17 PM
there are 2 fairies there Ielen, a one timer in a glass jar and one you drop down the chute to, that you can revisit, in the room above the sword.

You're right, that's probably one of the toughest areas in the whole game.

spacedoubt
09-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Well I finally beat the quest (PHEW) . And i must say it was quite challenging but fun. I got the Magic Mirror towards the end, but I almost wish I had it from the beginning. Freedom, once again "EXCECELLENT JOB!" and "KUDOS!":highfive:

Freedom
09-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Good news Spaceboubt!

Was the end of the story what you expected?

:O)

and Thanks for the kind words. :O)

Ielen
09-30-2003, 02:29 AM
I am now in Lvl 3 & reached a room where the key is opposite of me & there is a locked door on the left. How do I reach that key?

Mysterious1
09-30-2003, 04:42 AM
can some one please send me a pm with help in levl 3 how to get the ladder

Ielen
09-30-2003, 04:51 AM
Hehe me too, need help to get the Ladder.

Freedom
09-30-2003, 06:19 AM
There are 2 ways back down in the sewers.
look for a statue where you can see an opening in the sewer in the middle (under the bridges) and also be careful around drains, you may fall through.

:O)

Ielen
09-30-2003, 07:32 AM
I got the Ladder, but don't exactly know where to fall hehe :D
Which drain are you referring to? I stil can't reach the key.

elise
09-30-2003, 08:01 AM
Hi Ielen

You walk over the bridges to the eastside as far as you can, there you go all the way up ,and take a nice fall down :)

Ielen
09-30-2003, 09:00 AM
Okay I'll try, thank you elise for the great help :P
I'm totally brainless against this quest hehe :D

Now I encounter this problem in Lvl 3. I went down the drain & am stuck in the wall. Here's the screenshot :

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~stolen/QFF2.gif

fajz
09-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Freedom
Can I get the Hint paper thingy. I'm all the way to level 9 and as bad as I hate to admit it I am flustered. This is a great great quest and I hate that I need help at the end But....

I can't figure out how to get the gold armor and I've been in 2 entrances in L9 and just can't figure out where to go or what to do.
I WILL NOT use the paper until I am within a few seconds of suicide.

FZ

Freedom
09-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Ielen,

what screen did that happen to you on?

Fajz,
I'll stick the addy in your PM box

elise
09-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Ielen

Now I encounter this problem in Lvl 3. I went down the drain & am stuck in the wall. Here's the screenshot :

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~stolen/QFF2.gif [/B]

Freedom

this bug is when you fall in the drain on the southside instead of the nortside

Elise

Freedom
09-30-2003, 02:12 PM
ewww...
must have used the wrong combo over there, I'll fix that.

Thanks Elise.

Edit,
ok I fixed it, what I did was put another one on top of the pit on layer 2 when I took the pit out instead of replacing the one that was there by accident.
originally there were 2 pits there but I decided on just the one.

thanks for pointing it out.

Ielen
09-30-2003, 04:33 PM
I've cleared Lvl 3 & am now doing Lvl 4. Do I need to get the raft before I go clear Lvl 4?

fajz
09-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks Freedom for the addy. One more question. I have finished your quest and simply put it ranks up there with Revenge 2 as my favorite quest. Even thought I finished I don't like leaving something unfound. Kind of a idiosyncrasy of mine. Where is the "second enchanted forest" at? The Enchanted forest I've been to I got the Hook. Is this the same one that has the lens?

elise
09-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi Ielen

Great Job level 3 did keep a lot of us pretty busy :)

Yes you need the raft before you can finish level 4
Finding it is another challenge :)

good luck Elise

Freedom
09-30-2003, 04:53 PM
fajz,

The second Enchanted forest is basically the same as the first, it was just set up that way so you could go back in the house.
when you are in the enchanted forest and exit the house, notice that change in music?
the enchanted type tune is in the second forest , the difference is, in the second forest you enter the house for the hook, and the other item is also in that area too.

If you look at N. & S. hyrule maps, you'll see the second Enchanted forest is actually in Southern Hyrule.

EDIT;

A NEW VERSION has been uploaded in place of the old.
All the bugs that I've been told about have been fixed AND the "enemies always return" rule has been removed.
I worry this may make the game too easy, so you all let me know if it does.
Enemies don't return now until you've gotten several screens away from where they were.

kittifelyne
09-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Can someone help please!

Sewer Insanity!:eek:

I have completed level 3 and have returned several times to try to get to the ladder....but to no avail.:cry:

Please PM me the specific directions to get there.
I'm just starting Level 6 and I fear that eventually I'm going to need to use it.

By the way....loved level 5....he he!:laughing:

Thanks in Advance:kitty:

elise
09-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Kittifelyne check your pm

Ielen
09-30-2003, 08:58 PM
EDIT;

A NEW VERSION has been uploaded in place of the old.
All the bugs that I've been told about have been fixed AND the "enemies always return" rule has been removed.
I worry this may make the game too easy, so you all let me know if it does.
Enemies don't return now until you've gotten several screens away from where they were.

It doesn't make the game too easy, it just makes the game more fun to play hehe :D

kittifelyne
09-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Thanks Elise!
Got your PM.:laughing:

Edit:
[ Can't believe I missed doing that Elise...anyway got my ladder!
Woo Hoo!:lol: ]

Mysterious1
09-30-2003, 10:44 PM
wwwaaaa wwwaaa I wanna pm too, I still can't find the ladder

ms_zelda_lady
09-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Check your pms Mysterious1 I've sent you something on how to get to the ladder.

ms_zelda_lady

Mysterious1
10-01-2003, 03:35 AM
thx ms_zelda_lady I got it finally, but I thought I had did that already and nothing had happened, anyway I redownloaded the quest and things do seem be be working better, as if they could be any better, this is a great quest Freedom, makin the enimies not come back just gets rid of the aggravation of fighting them all over again , doesn't make it easier, now am gonna try to find the raft, got as far as I can go without it in level 4, would some one steer me in the right direction (north, south ,east ,or west?
thx again e1

Freedom
10-01-2003, 05:44 AM
Visit Blongsmick Marsh :O)

Ielen
10-01-2003, 05:56 AM
Still can't find the raft in the Marsh.

Freedom, could you just let Link start off with the full HC?
I have been dying non stop in the Forbidden Forest due to those irritating traps. It's taking away the fun of the quest. I believe most people would like to play a quest that doesn't cause them to die so much.

elise
10-01-2003, 07:57 AM

I believe most people would like to play a quest that doesn't cause them to die so much.

And that words by the maker of Hit :laughing:
Now I can't wait for the new quest you are making,
it must be something even I can get to level 2 ;)

Elise

Ielen
10-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Hehe Link starts off with full HC in that quest :P
Any hints how to get the raft?

elise
10-01-2003, 08:49 AM
Hi Ielen

Check your PM

elise

Ielen
10-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Hehe thanks for the tip again elise :P

Boommaster
10-01-2003, 12:03 PM
In Level 3, I can't get to the middle sewer. Please tell me how to get there. I went to the east side sewer and traveled around and only found bombs and one room that didn't have anything much in it. Please give me some further hints. Tks in advance.

Mysterious1
10-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Boommaster, check your pm

Ielen
10-01-2003, 02:16 PM
I can't seem to retrieve the Silver Arrow & Super Bomb in Lvl 5. I already defeated the Lvl 5 boss. How do I retrieve it?

Freedom, I think your compass point is not set correctly for Lvl 4. If you check Lvl 4, you'll see the compass point is at the top west corner.

Freedom
10-01-2003, 03:22 PM
Freedom, could you just let Link start off with the full HC?
I have been dying non stop in the Forbidden Forest due to those irritating traps. It's taking away the fun of the quest. I believe most people would like to play a quest that doesn't cause them to die so much.

You're supposed to convince the enemies to lay down their weapons.
:)

And that words by the maker of Hit

hee hee I'll second that, I STAYED dead in that game, and my pleas for him to lighten up fell on deft ears.
Darknuts in level 1.......

Thanks Ielen, I'll look at that compass pointer., in 5 try whistling a tune if all else fails.

elise
10-01-2003, 04:09 PM

You're supposed to convince the enemies to lay down their weapons.:)

Yes right shout "stand still or I shoot" and then shoot anyway :laughing:

Ielen
10-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Hehe things are much better now I've got the Blue Tunic hehehe :D

spacedoubt
10-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Just do like I did and make death your best friend in the game. He has alot of pull. LOL

kittifelyne
10-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Level 7 Help!

I been to one entrance of lev7 (the west half I think it said) and got the hammer...
but I can't find another entrance to continue with this level.
Can you please help me locate another entrance to 7?:cry:

Thanks in advance.

Boommaster
10-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Mysterious 1 Thanks a lot. Going there now.

Freedom
10-01-2003, 08:10 PM
kittifelyne,
try chopping trees near by.

kittifelyne
10-01-2003, 08:51 PM
I'll do that.
Thanks for the help Freedom.
I also would like to say what a wonderful time I'm having playing this quest. Definitely looking forward to your next.:thumbsup:

Mysterious1
10-02-2003, 01:50 AM
I still didn't find the raft. Anyway Freedom I went to level nine without it is that suppose to happen? I went where you told me to go for the raft and couldn't see anywhere to hookshot to a red bush or tree.

Freedom
10-02-2003, 02:32 AM
How did you get to level 9?
there's only one way across, and that's the raft.

check your PM about getting the raft.

Ielen
10-02-2003, 03:34 AM
Freedom, I got the Lvl 6 Triforce without killing the boss, there was no boss. I haven't got the Boots yet though, only got the other item. I saw the Bait but how do I reach it?

At the Lvl 6 exit message, I went down & saw a black screen, going left I saw the Fairy (from Lvl 3 exit message). Hehe seems like a lot of bugs.

Freedom
10-02-2003, 04:09 AM
man!
I don't believe I forgot to stick the boss in there, just had a cactus set in there for testing purposes.

Thanks

EDIT;

Fixed that and the level 4 compass, and re-uploaded

now you can go back in and get your heart container.

Ielen
10-02-2003, 06:59 AM
After you finish Lvl 6 & at the Exit Message, you can't go left or right or down. Going left will bring you to the Lvl 3 Exit Message.

Freedom
10-02-2003, 07:12 AM
somehow you got around the warp tile

Ielen
10-02-2003, 08:37 AM
I pressed Quit & Continue hehehe :D
Btw, you need to Enemy -> Item for the Lvl 6 Boss as I can see the HC hehe :P

elise
10-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Ielen

Check your pm

Know go on and beat it:D

Ielen
10-02-2003, 09:30 AM
Thanks elise, I'm so near & yet still so far hehe :cry:

elise
10-02-2003, 09:50 AM
Freedom, I got the Lvl 6 Triforce without killing the boss, there was no boss. .

This was the best bug in the game :laughing:
Nobody else complained about it:D

Ielen
10-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Hehe but I need the HC more :P

elise
10-02-2003, 10:09 AM
Ielen

check your pm

Ielen
10-02-2003, 11:37 AM
I just completed QFFII Yay :)
Thanks elise for the wonderful tips you've provided :)

Freedom please check your PM at my board :P

elise
10-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Great Job Ielen , you did it!!!!!!

Without any help we were all still walking around in level 3 finding the ladder;)

Ielen
10-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks elise :D So now I can offer help to anyone who is stuck in the game hehehehe :P

Boommaster
10-02-2003, 12:19 PM
I found the ladder in level 3 but I haven't been able to get to the key to go further toward the boss room. I went in the sewer on the right side and boomed into a room that should take me somewhere but nothing seems to trigger a door to open or anything to happen at all. What do I do or am I in the wrong place????? Please help, please help.

elise
10-02-2003, 12:36 PM
You are in the right room you need to trigger the right eye I believe

Ielen
10-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Is that the sewer near the bridge or at the area where you fall into the drain?

Boommaster
10-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Elsie:: How do I trigger the eye in that room??? Ielen:: That was the drain I fell down in on the right side. Tks.

elise
10-02-2003, 03:20 PM
Boommaster

By now you should have the red candle , the bow and arrow and the boomerang
One of these items you use on the eye

Good luck Elise

Boommaster
10-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Thanks, I'll try. I thought I had tried them all but will do it again. Tks again

Freedom
10-02-2003, 03:26 PM
try pushing it too, some statues push

SRP
10-03-2003, 03:29 AM
I'm sorry - I have read all of the posts regarding getting the ladder and I still can't find it! :cry: Please help me...I'd really appreciate it. (I noticed I seem to be one step or more behind everyone else in this quest. I need to catch up with some of you! ;) )

Ielen
10-03-2003, 03:55 AM
Look for the statues near the two bridges. One of them is very suspicious & will lead to what you are searching for :P

Mysterious1
10-03-2003, 02:17 PM
can someone please tell me where level 6 is, I left level 5 so fast I forgot the hint lol, I found level 7 - 8 - 9

Ielen
10-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Lvl 6 is located at the South D (forgot the actual name).

elise
10-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Level 6 is the Sanquinary Sandtemple
sounds like a very dry area :)
Must be in the west area

(Ielen you beat me :laughing: )

Mysterious1
10-04-2003, 05:22 PM
wow, thanks for all your help, gotta love it when a group gets together to help others, even in such a simple tasks as answering questions in a thread like this, I applaude every one of you, as for Freedom , you have done a great job with this quest, and replying to the thread, I love the way you added the fire ring in this quest, I never thought I would see anyone use it in their quest, are you planning to apply the ice ring in future quest also ?now with that said , I am level 9 now and need to reach the master key without burning up, any hints as to how to get it
thx again all of you

elise
10-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Mysterious

Check your pm

Elise

Mysterious1
10-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Thx Elise will look

WOOHOO , finished the game, was ssooooooo much fun, TYTYTY
FREEDOM, for this game, and TY all for your help

kittifelyne
10-05-2003, 10:11 PM
I finished the quest a couple of days ago, but haven't been on line since then.
I was very impressed with this quest and had a fantastic adventure playing it.
I will certainly look forward to future quests by you Freedom.
And thanks to Elise for your assistance along the way, when I couldn't figure things out.
I would highly recommend this quest to all who want to have a good and fun adventure.:kitty:

:cry: [crying because the quest is over]

spacedoubt
10-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by kittifelyne
I finished the quest a couple of days ago, but haven't been on line since then.

I know what ya mean kittifelyne, Im so bored now. Ive gone back to play it again but its not the same :( . OK Freedom, save us all and get that new quest up on here. (LOL NO PRESSURE) OMG, I just realized, with no quest to play I may have to spend time with my TEENS ! AHHHHHH

Freedom
10-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Thanks all for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the help in pointing out bugs in the quest, you helped to make it a better game for everyone else.
You might check over on my site from time to time to see if there is any progress on the quest I'm currently working on, It's called "swansong" because I expect it to be my last quest, and I doubt that it will be released here if and when it's completed, but those who want it will be able to find it, I'm sure.

Once again, thanks for the kind words.

SRP
10-06-2003, 03:41 AM
I agree with Mysterious - this has been the most helpful thread. Thanks to MS Zelda Lady for the PM about the ladder and thanks to Ielen for the hint. Thanks to Freedom for always answering my questions. And Elise, you are always so helpful!

I'm only on level 4, but I'm sure I'll find most of my answers in this thread when I get stuck again.

Can't wait to play your new quest Freedom (when it is ready).

sasja
10-06-2003, 12:57 PM
I finished the game also.it was a lot of fun.there are too little good quests to play these days so come on freedom we will wait till you finished your next quest.thanks everybody for all the help.see you on the next quest

elise
10-06-2003, 04:03 PM
It's really nice to see you all finished the game .
And I agree with Spacedoubt the biggest challenge off all is perhaps finding another quest that gives as much fun as this one did.

See you all around

spacedoubt
10-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Not to mention 2,666 viewings and well over 200 posts !!:eek: Thats pretty awesome for just a quest, and the short time this thread has been open, a little under 3 weeks. There is a RATE THIS THREAD box down below, why dont you vote?
BTW I sure like the new look of AGN.:heart:

OldZelda_fan
10-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Hi, I am definiately ejoying the quest.

As others, though, I cannot get to the ladder to complete the third level. I did retrieve the key and defeated the boss.

I have reviewed the responses within this thread -- and again, tried in vain.

Could someone PM me with a clue for me to succeed in completing level-3.

elise
10-07-2003, 07:57 AM
OldZelda_fan

Check your mail

OldZelda_fan
10-07-2003, 08:18 AM
thanks, elise, will try again later.

Freedom
10-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Should I put a clue in the game about the ladder?
seems everyone has problems with that one.

elise
10-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Hi Freedom

I think that without help we all where still looking for the ladder,
so that way it maybe a good idea to put a hint in the game, not for the players now they can get help but if someone plays it over a year or longer it can be so fustrated that they quit playing,
and that would be a shame

Elise

OldZelda_fan
10-07-2003, 07:27 PM
I've searched the marsh for awhile now -- can someone give a hint for the raft. I need it to complete level-4.

thanks,

Nevermind - I found it -- just like the clue suggests -- thanks anyways -- on to finish level-4

spacedoubt
10-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Should I put a clue in the game about the ladder?
seems everyone has problems with that one.

Good idea Freedom, that was the hardest thing to find. It would keep people from saving and visiting AGN over and over. (Not that visiting here is a bad thing) LOL. But sometimes ya get into the game and dont wanna leave it.

Ielen
10-08-2003, 01:55 AM
The hardest item to find is the Lens of Truth. So near & yet so far hehe :P

SRP
10-08-2003, 05:48 AM
Could somebody please tell me how to the first key in level 5? It appears there are a couple of other entrances on the island, but I can't figure out how to get to them. Thanks!

elise
10-08-2003, 08:50 AM
SRP
Except for the boat you enter the other entrances from inside the main building.
To get going on in the main building look around and whistle a nice tune.

SRP
10-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Okay, now I'm stuck in level 6. (I feel so alone - it seems like everyone else has already finished this quest!)

I can't find the second key to move on in the west sanguinary temple. I went back and forth between the three entrances and have hit all reachable orbs and still can't find the key. All I have gotten from this temple is the mirror shield. The two places I keep getting stuck are the room with the orb enclosed in a square section of blocks. When I hit it, the pathway next to it was opened, but I think I need a key to get to this pathway. The other place is the locked door in the west temple. I hope this is enough info to let you know where I am at. Thank you!

spacedoubt
10-09-2003, 10:05 PM
SRP-

Check your PM.

Freedom
10-10-2003, 12:25 AM
huh, has me confused, I thought the Mirror sheild was in 5, and I don't remember a lot of keys in 6, but then 5 didn't have east, west and south......

are you in the desert, or on the Island?

SRP
10-10-2003, 03:12 AM
The shield must have come from level 5 - you would know better than I would, Freedom. I guess I'm getting confused!

Thanks for the PM Spacedoubt. You know, I thought I bombed that area with both the blue and red bombs and nothing happened. Maybe I didn't put them in the right place. I'll give it another try...

OK, I put blue and red bombs all over that room with the wall separating the doors (I found it in the North Temple) and I can't get through! I can see the hole with the Lens of Truth, but that's about it. I also tried (I think) every other weapon I have on the statue, but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

elise
10-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Hi SRP & Boommaster

check your pm
Hope that is the one
Good luck Elise

Freedom
10-10-2003, 02:52 PM
ok, I see where you're stuck.
push everything in the room :)

OldZelda_fan
10-11-2003, 01:20 PM
As others before me -- I have also completed the Quest --

Great game... unfortunately, it's over ;{

Freedom
10-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Congratulations!
Another true warrior in the classic sense :laughing:

ms_zelda_lady
10-11-2003, 10:51 PM
:heart: See how many of us have enjoyed this quest Freedom......
So when's the next great quest coming out? I'm already having withdrawal symptoms from not having another quest of yours to play. I hope its coming soon.

ms_zelda_lady

SRP
10-12-2003, 03:53 AM
I finally finished it!:clap: Thanks again for all of the help. I would still be in level 1 if ya'll didn't help me out.

Mahalo nui loa and aloha until the next Freedom quest!:thumbsup:

Freedom
10-12-2003, 04:41 AM
SRP,
Congatulations!
I know it was probably your 2 year old son that really beat ganon though :)

Thanks ms zelda lady,
I'm really glad you enjoyed it :)
Don't know for sure when I'll finish another, that one took me 9 months, and I have a lot of other things on the burner.

I have about 1/2 of the overworld done on SwanSong, and posted a few screenshot on my board here (http://storm.prohosting.com/~mfreedom/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=27&topic=4) if you want to take a look.

getalife
10-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Freedom,

Can you please send me the url with map and hints? I love this game, but am stuck in a few spots and I have gone through the thread many times, but it is so long now, it's getting confusing!

Thanks! Great game!

DeVon
10-12-2003, 03:03 PM
I would like the address too! I made it to lv9
but cant get seem to get anywhere there.
Thanks!

Freedom
10-12-2003, 04:37 PM
PM'ed the addy to both of you :)

Fox_Of_The_Wind
10-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Thanks for a wonderfull quest. Just got it done. Can't wait for the next one :-)

csal321
10-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Freedom-- This is a great quest!

I am having trouble with level 6 though-- The only thing that I have gotten from this level so far is the map!
I thought I have used every item that I had-- while following previous posts about this level but I just cant get it!
Can you please send me that help file thing-- or tell me what I need to do to get through this!-- thanks-
I cant wait to finish this game!
-cindy

Freedom
10-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Hi Cindy,
The text file doesn't really include a lot about 6, it just basically tells the level 9 secrets that use multiple items and equipment to trigger secrets, and locations of items throughout the game.
the map might help you some though.

I'll P.M. you the addy.

I can't really say what you need to do without knowing what you're actually having trouble with.
there are 3 enterances to level 6, in one the armos statues need nudged out of the way, sounds like you've been there, and in the others I think you need to try the whistle.

elise
10-28-2003, 08:45 AM
In level 6 when you enter through the armos entrance,
walk till you think you can't go on.
In that room don't bother the statue push the torch

csal321
10-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Thanks to all that helped me out-- I just didnt think to push those-- cool trick by the way-- o well-- on to beat level 7--
thanks again!
-cindy

Freedom
10-28-2003, 10:00 PM
Elise knows the game better then I do, hehehe
I always forget what went where :)
Somebody asks a question, I have to go back and play the game to find out the answer myself :)
Thanks Elise, you've saved me a lot of footwork.
:laughing:

csal321
10-28-2003, 11:42 PM
its me again....

I cant believe I'm posting again so soon but
I CANT GET THE HAMMER!!! :cry:
I know you can get it in the west part of the level-- and I see it, but I don't know what to do!!!--
Please Help!
-thanks a million
-cindy

Ielen
10-29-2003, 12:29 AM
The hammer is found in Lvl 7. You need to explore it thoroughly to reach it.

Freedom
10-29-2003, 01:17 AM
fire is your friend

elise
10-29-2003, 10:13 AM
No thanks Freedom
I do everything so you can go on with working on your Swansong
:laughing:

csal321
11-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Yaay!--- Freedom, I finished the quest! Thanks to all who helped me out. It was truly a fun quest...can't wait for the next one!
-Cindy

lilbit
11-04-2003, 06:58 AM
I have searched and searched in level 7 for the 2nd bracelet. there's one thingy i can't get to drop. i've went to the cave and the tree.

elise
11-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Lilbit

If this is a question for help it may help if you tell where you are stuck.
Level 7 is the biggest dungeon filled with little things that must be dropped :confused:

Freedom
11-04-2003, 10:09 AM
lilbit,

the "power Bracelet 2" is a glove.
go in the tree enterance, turn left, go down one, go right one, and there you go :)

Congratulations Cindy!
Another true warrior in the classic sense.

lilbit
11-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Thanks, Freedom. I do have it. Is there supposed to be anything between the gloves and the ladder, then? That's how I thought I missed it.

Freedom
11-05-2003, 04:32 AM
That's the slot for the master key, you won't be getting it in this game, I used the boss key in place of it, which isn't always needed either. :)
the boss key shows up in the other box with the compass and map.