PDA

View Full Version : Quest for Freedom II Released

Pages : 1 [2]

diannew
11-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Okay, I saw the hints about how to get the bracelet, i.e. from the stronghold in the room below the guy talking about stolen powder barrels but for the life of me I can't figure out how to find the hidden entrance. HELP.

Thanks.

Dianne

elise
11-05-2003, 02:52 PM
The entrance to level 1 isn't in the stronghold you must go outside
When you go left one or two screens .You see a hole in the ground !!!!

diannew
11-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by elise
The entrance to level 1 isn't in the stronghold you must go outside
When you go left one or two screens .You see a hole in the ground !!!!

I know - what I want is the bracelet - I can see it but I can't get it. That's where I need the help.

elise
11-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Just went back to take a look
In the room with the bracelet you need to hit the right bush with the boomerang

Freedom
11-05-2003, 08:41 PM
bush?
hehehe :)
it's an orb, and that's what you need to hit in the stronghold too, to get the map.
there are 2 enterances to level 1, one leads to the map room from the stronghold in the room right below the guy complaining about them stealing the powder barrels.

diannew
11-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Thanks to both of you for your help.

Dianne

mooshki
11-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Sorry if this is a double post -- don't think my first one went through, but not sure...

Can anyone tell me how to get to the red key in level 9? I've tried all my tools to break through the walls around it, but haven't been able to get through. Do I need to warp to it from somewhere else?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)

p.s. this is the best quest I've ever played!

elise
11-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Mooshki
You've got a pm with a big secret ;)

Freedom
Now I really beat the quest :laughing:
I downloaded the last version and beat the level 6 boss.
I also did a little footwork for the question from Mooshki but got stuck in the passageway :confused:

Oh yes and sorry for me calling your beautiful orb a bush
( how dum can a woman be):lol:

Freedom
11-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Elise,
What do you mean you got stuck in the passageway?
mean it has a bug?

which passageway, level 1 or 9?

elise
11-10-2003, 07:13 AM
In level 9 the last passageway to the boss
I opened the door , got in the passageway but could't leave it
both doors were closed .
Don't think it's a bug otherwise no one could have end the game anymore, or you must have change the end of the game

Freedom
11-10-2003, 10:45 AM
I think you may have missed stepping on the tile that triggers the door, I'll look and see if I can make it better.

Gendof
11-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Freedom,
This is a terrific quest. Like many others I am having difficulty finding the ladder. I have tried all my tricks on a certain eyeball statue near the bridges. Please a hint.

elise
11-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Gendof
Welcome to the sewer club we all got stuck there check your pm hope it helps

Gendof
11-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Thank you...I should have found that one!
Now to find the raft.

Gendof
11-17-2003, 05:45 PM
Anyone...help with the raft, please?

elise
11-17-2003, 05:55 PM
oops didn't understand you wanted help
So I will help you.
You go to the road where the mexican sits
There you look for a strange bush.
Use your hookshot and from there its a walk that needs no explanation.

Crackers
11-19-2003, 10:16 PM
:confused: Can someone tell me where the bow is? I've been all over the overworld looking. I found the arrow. I have been all over lv2 and have been killed soooo many times I lost count. Does anyone have any hints on how to get through this one? I am assuming I need the bow to get through the doors at the entrance. I saw somewhere in the many pages of posts that there is a special place to bomb in this area but can't remember where I saw it. I'm probably wrong about that though. Just please some help????

Freedom
11-19-2003, 11:58 PM
walk in the enterance, go forward until it T's, go left until you come to the wall and bomb :)

Crackers
11-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the help in LV2. Boy, I would never have found that bow on my own. I am now in the good ole sewers and like others am stuck. I just keep going in the same rooms and areas. I can see the key but can't get to it. Tried to go around to a door I saw on the other side but can't get it to open. Can someone give me hints please for LV3????? I really like this quest and the tiles you used. I've never made a quest but you do a terrific job on them, especially this one, very playable:) :)

elise
11-21-2003, 08:27 PM
To get the key go all the way to the east.
Go all the way up and take a fall in the drain-pipe
There find a room with 2 statues (look at map )
Hit one of the statues and you can go up and take the key

Good luck Elise

Crackers
11-21-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks Elise, I got the key with your help and the triforce. I still didn't get the ladder. I can't figure out how to finish the left half of the dungeon or the left half of the sewers so I am assuming I need that darn ladder? :cry:

Freedom, great quest!!! Didn't think I would have to use to much brain power, so use to just slashing ememies, good job. Hope you have the new quest done before Xmas so I can play it over work shutdown. :heart:

Freedom
11-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Crackers,

My new quest, SwanSong, is moving right along.
It might be done by Christmas, I'm on level 8 now.
It will require more "brain power" and use of equipment and items then Freedon II does.
won't be as big though.

To get the ladder, go up to the top bridge, cross over and go up a screen and deal with that statue.
You can see a passageway down below it in the sewer.
Statues have a weakness for flying objects.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, that's what it's all about :)

Crackers
11-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Okay, got through LV3 and am now stuck in LV4, still trying to find the raft. Can someone please give me directions. Have been looking for hours and finally quit to ask for help. I only have 9 hearts so can't get the sword althought I did find out where it is. I need an easy find heart so I can have some more "power" :(

Freedom, could you please send the "addy" to me also?

:laughing: HAVING FUN!!

elise
11-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Crackers

strange bush is a very red bush
there use the hookshot to get over the river

Freedom
11-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Crackers,
PM'ed you the address :)

Crackers
11-24-2003, 10:02 PM
:rolleyes: I knew that Elise, must be getting senile. Now that you mention it I did see that post from you earlier. Thanks for the reply anyway. I've read most of the post and you've been a big help to a lot of us!!

Thanks for the PM Freedom. It will help if I need it. I try to do the quests first before I ask for help. :heart:

radder1
12-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Freedom, could you please PM me the addy too. I am stuck in Level 9.

Thanks for making this quest, it has been fantastic! (Although I never would have figured out the path to the ladder, or likely the raft either without help...hehe)

Freedom
12-06-2003, 10:11 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I'll go ahead and post the address here now to the maps and text file to make it easier for folks to get quick answers.

maps ans text file
http://www.ida.net/users/mfreedom/qf2/levels.htm

Golden arrow solution
http://www.ida.net/users/mfreedom/arrow_secret.gif

My new quest SwanSong is done and I'll release it here shortly, right now there are 4 people, going through it see how many bugs they can track down, soon as they're done I'll stick it up here.

Anyone wanting the maps and text file above should download it to their hard drive, I may have to remove it to make room for SwanSong, I only have 10 megs on that server, and have a lot of other stuff on there.

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind remarks about Quest for Freedom II, I know it was only an average quest, but you all made me feel it was something special.

mooshki
12-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Don't sell yourself short Freedom! Maybe the graphics were "average" according to some people, but as far as creativity in how the quest works, yours is the best I've played. I like puzzles that are fun to work on and exciting to solve, and in that area you get an A+++++!!!

elise
12-09-2003, 11:30 AM
This is my 100 th post on this board and I want to put it in this Thread
QFFII was not an average game to play !!!
It is/was a great game to play, the way all those players got together and helped each other out was very special !!!
The way Freedom stayed connected to his game and helped us players was very special !!!
The way all off those players thanked Freedom for the making of the game was very special !!!
That all and probable more made this game not average but very special!!!

Elise

ms_zelda_lady
12-09-2003, 12:49 PM
:heart: Yup most definitely have to agree with elise and mooshki
about this quest and the way all of us came together to help each other. Thats the way things should go here. I only hope that your new quest Freedom won't be your SwanSong here. We need people like you to keep this place alive and kicking.........
And my hats off to everyone who took the time to help anyone else get through this quest. I know without some of you all's help I would have been stuck too.
C'mon Freedom how about an early Christmas present eh?

ms_zelda_lady

Sephiroth
12-09-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm having troubles getting the ladder and the raft from levels 3 and 4. Can anyone help me? This is a nice quest.

elise
12-09-2003, 02:41 PM

This brings you the raft

The ladder
Go over the bridge in level 3 go all the way up and use a flying object on the statue
This will open the way to the ladder

Freedom
12-09-2003, 03:13 PM
kind words everyone, thank you.

C'mon Freedom how about an early Christmas present eh?

SwanSong is done, Elise, Ielen, Joe, and skateboarder are testing it, although I haven't heard anything from skateboarder since Ielen's board went down.
It will be released before Christmas I'm sure :)

Sephiroth
12-10-2003, 10:01 AM

This brings you the raft

The ladder
Go over the bridge in level 3 go all the way up and use a flying object on the statue
This will open the way to the ladder

Mexican? Is he by the enterance to the Enchanted wood?

elise
12-10-2003, 10:04 AM
You must pass the enchanted woods
on the end off that road is a mexican sitting under his head
there you walk down till you see a red bush
Use your hookshot to get over

radder1
12-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Pardon me if this is a repeat question, but...

What is the trick to getting the Level 9 boss key that is surrounded by the lava?

Please PM me as I want to officially finish the game and move on to Swansong. Thanks.

elise
12-16-2003, 01:25 PM
The trick is that there is no trick
Look at your map and try finding a secret passageway
to the Bigg boss so you don't need that key

IrishGodfather
04-26-2006, 06:12 AM
First of all, pardon me if this question has been answered. My poor bleary eyes have read through every dang post (some more than once) and I have yet to find the Gold Arrow in L9. I'm pretty sure My problem is lack of sleep and playing this quest too much, but help would be much appreciated.

(Freedom, Love your quests! just wish ya had overworld maps allowed)

elise
04-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Golden Arrow;
To get the Golden arrow, push the left block down, the right block up, and the
two center blocks up.

IrishGodfather
04-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Outstanding! Thanks once again Elsie!

Edit: .....And that's that. On to another Freedom Quest:)

Thank You for the quest, Freedom!

Freedom
04-27-2006, 04:16 AM
You're welcome IrishGodfather.

Maps are turned off because it was buggy

Nanni
04-27-2006, 09:48 PM
The quest is GREAT. But can't find level 3!!! I'm sure it's juste in from of me, but.... need help please....

elise
04-28-2006, 05:59 AM
from start go up and right to the fairy pond

mcmaineacjam
12-16-2006, 03:56 PM
All right, I joined the people stumped by level 7. I can't find the other entrance, I guess I need a hint upside the head! Any help would be appreciated!

I thought I tried everything there, but I guess not. I should have taken another stab at it! Thanks elise

elise
12-16-2006, 05:57 PM
is that the level if you go outside and to the east side there is a big strange looking tree ????
Then there is also a small bush use your skilss on the little bush ;)

sprdave
01-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh the pain
Diagnosis: Level 9 itis. Just Like some other quests.
Help. So many closed doors and unsolved mystries.
Gee the golden arrow solution? moved all the blocks even did the one on one of the post her, nothing.
And Gold tunic, the post don't move. been in both entrances, and only one door open to the guy that says your getting nothing. I guess thats what I'm getting
Thanks could use your help

Ah ha found a post explaining the gold arrow
Quest complet Super Quest Freedom, Thanks

Sherilyn Ball
08-27-2015, 05:02 PM
I have been trying out some of the "Oldies but Goodies" quests in the latest 2.50. Most recently the quests by Freedom. Swan Song and Quest for Freedom 1 worked great but now in Quest for Freedom 2, I have a game stopper. The raft does not work in level 4, upper right hand corner. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

ShadowTiger
08-27-2015, 06:08 PM
I have been trying out some of the "Oldies but Goodies" quests in the latest 2.50. Most recently the quests by Freedom. Swan Song and Quest for Freedom 1 worked great but now in Quest for Freedom 2, I have a game stopper. The raft does not work in level 4, upper right hand corner. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Ick. Sorry to hear. Does it work on the very earlier builds? I have one here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wqsascm581hpzd/ZC211B11Full.rar?dl=0), if you're willing to try it.

That's me just kinda throwing a build out there. It's been years since the engine has been at the point where it's more similar than not to the version it was built in.

Can you link the quest to this topic so it can be downloaded?

Sherilyn Ball
09-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Here is the link

http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=157

ShadowTiger
09-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Aha, thank you.

I tried it out, and indeed, there doesn't appear to be any raft flag set. The player doesn't move.

Try this version (https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnji7iby0ncjrjf/QFreedomII.qst?dl=0). You might have a bit of better luck with it there.

Sherilyn Ball
09-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Thanks!