Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
No, we'd just have the problem of rich leftist donors having us sent to labor and death camps for alleged misogyny(cus the left thinks games = misogyny), get forced into 2nd class citizenship if our melanin level is too low, and skyrocketing our gas prices cus "Muh Environment".

We're no better off with the left, but it's starting to look like we're no worse off either.
You obviously have some opinions about these things so I don't know what you've been exposed to in order to make you feel this way, but in my experience (not saying this is the way things are, just what I've seen in my few years on this rock) the way "the Left" feels about these subjects are basically:

1. Games, which mostly cater to male sensibilities (traditionally), often reduce female characters to either sex objects or damsels in distress (note: often != always). This doesn't make you a bad person for being a gamer, it's just something to think about. Nobody thinks you should be put into any kind of camp. As a lifelong (male) gamer, I used to get indignant when I would watch videos or listen to podcasts that pointed this out, thinking these observations were a direct attack on me as a person since I'm a guy who enjoys games. I eventually realized this isn't the case and that just because somebody (often female) wants to talk about these things doesn't mean they're trying to destroy gaming as I know it, they just think it's something worth discussing.
  2. Second class citizenship if your melanin level is too low? Come on. Recognizing that people of color have it harder than white people doesn't mean that anybody wants to make said white people into second class citizens. It does mean that it's worth at least talking about those inequities, though.
  3. Oil is a non-renewable resource. Someday we (or somebody, at least) will need to find an alternative. Also, climate change is a thing. You can argue the cause of that if you like, but regardless, nobody is raising gas prices just to punish you. Certainly not "The Left"

Meh. I don't know you and haven't really engaged in any kind of debate around here in very a long time. For some reason though, your comments (and a very potent double IPA) made me want to share my opinion. Apologies if it's not welcome*.