User Tag List

Thread: Is it possible to create Multiple starting positions in 2.5?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.37%

Is it possible to create Multiple starting positions in 2.5?

I'm creating a quest with multiple Dmaps. And each Dmap is very large. I want to make it so Link's starting position when he dies and/or continues the game is from where he entered the Dmap from (For example, from a dungeon or another Over-world Dmap). Is this possible? Or can we only have One Starting position per Dmap and that's it?

If you can't understand what I'm saying, think about other Zelda Games... Like OOT or MM where after you die or save, you started from the last place you entered the area...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.69%
    I thought this happened normally by using scrolling warps or something like that, but I can't remember. Majora's Mask though used the owl statues as create save points, which I'm pretty sure you can do in 2.5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.81%
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazite View Post
    I thought this happened normally by using scrolling warps or something like that, but I can't remember. Majora's Mask though used the owl statues as create save points, which I'm pretty sure you can do in 2.5.
    I know that every screen under Screen Data has the option to Continue here. So say you are in your first Overworld DMap, and have 3 screen that lead into the next Overtworld DMap to your left. You can have all 3 of those screens you enter have a Continue here point. This way when you enter the second Overwold DMap, you cannot hit F6 Cotinue to move you to a different location. There is also a Continue here save point option under Screen Data, but I haven't worked with that yet. It sounds like it would work just as it says.
    If there is any attempt for either contestant to cheat, especially with my wife, who is a dirty, dirty, tramp, I am just gonna snap. Do I make myself clear?

Thread Information