Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    There's never going to be a true kissup and makeup. All you'll get is temporary lulls in silence where people keep quiet but don't speak what's on their minds. And then when a catalyst comes along its all going to flare up again, in this case being Zelda 3. Sadly, history will keep repeating itself because the fundamental nature of quest making is flawed. That is, quest makers only care about themselves and what they want and will never truly care enough about the audience to make significant changes to their quests. Chris Miller, you'd better be ready to make bitching a permanent thing especially if Pure won't allow it. At least then AGN will have an audience! haha.

It interests me to look back in time to when few of us knew about Zelda Classic's existence. Put in a search for "Armageddon Quest" and you can see this whole conflict between type A and type B again - just with different people. Type A players demanding the quest be made easier to accommodate their tastes. Type B players loving the difficulty and saying its such a nice thing. And then its interesting what came of it when OUCH! made his Armageddon Quest Forever. Type B quest with a cheap nerf to appease type A. Flat rejection by both camps of players.

To me I'm as convinced about type A and type B as I am convinced that the earth is round. Everyone else believes the earth is flat. Well, what else can I do if people are in denial about the source of their problems?
    James, this issue is not, nor has ever been, about Type A/Type B shit. My 5 star rating wasn't because it was too hard, or because it was too ugly (it looks better than Aiden's Adventure so it isn't the ugliest thing), or because it didn't have a nice story. No, I rated it low because it was a thrown together, poorly thought out mess that is only defended because the Author has a giant ego where he must believe his quest is so good that he doesn't need to touch it again after making everything once, even during development. He needs to re-assure himself that he is a quest making god because he is a pitiful, miserable human being who cannot find happiness in his own life, so he looks online for reassurance, only for there to be none because his low functioning autism gets in the way. He cannot comprehend the fact that people don't like his quest, because the moment he comprehends it, his entire worldview shatters and he realizes how pathetic he truly is.

So please, stop trying to shove everything into your Type A/B shyte. The world isn't black or white, it's all shades of grey, so stop deluding yourself into thinking the entire world is binary because you're looking at it with the most broadest stroke. I enjoy both types of quests, quests with story, and quests that tear my balls off. What am I? Type AB? Type O?

Also, Armageddon Quest Forever remade all of it's dungeons from the ground up to be easier, and a good deal of people (myself included) prefer it over the original, at the very least due to OUCH! knowing what stuff to keep and what stuff to throw out, in the same manner as your LoH:IE, but easier instead of harder. If remaking entire dungeons from the ground up counts as a cheap buff, what the hell does not count as one?

EDIT: Oh yeah, please make bitching permanent. It's literally the only thing keeping this husk alive at the moment and the only reason for me to come here over Pure. Thanks.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I'm a crybaby, hear me wail
    So says the virgin who refreshes my youtube channel all day.

How's the effort to DMCA that vid off my hard drive going?

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post

I think they're finally making progress! It's a miracle breakthrough!!!

This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%

I have better things to do than refresh and go through every video in a person's channel and disliking each one for 90 videos in a row, sorry.

I mean, the fact that you have that video in your possession is outright theft and you probably could be charged for harassment, but I guess that's a fair price for getting revenge on people who hold the wrong opinion and downvoted your beautiful, magnificent fangame.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I have better things to do than refresh and go through every video in a person's channel and disliking each one for 90 videos in a row, sorry.
    Which is why you keep bringing this drama back up even when I am no longer engaging you, correct?

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Which is why you keep bringing this drama back up even when I am no longer engaging you, correct?
    You're the one who keeps bringing it up, stop acting like you aren't just because it ain't happening on AGN asshole.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.64%
    Ya'll gonna bone yet?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.66%
    Shane - no I don't quite like your analogy. I'll tell you my analogy. There was a scientist in the medieval times, I can't remember his name, who theorized that the earth was round based on the sun's movement. At the time everyone believed that the earth was flat and anyone who proclaimed otherwise was a heretic and he was promptly burned at the stake for spreading his heretical beliefs. It wasn't until Magellan conclusively proved that the Earth was round a few centuries later that he was vindicated. So here I am, just having discovered this type A/type B dichotomy and people are still believing that player taste can't be classified or predicted ahead of time.

And I think of you as a typical type A player and your quest's taste was predicted well ahead of time. Its everything I describe a type A player's quest to be. Full of puzzles, very little to no challenge at all, lovely graphics and storyline. If this isn't stand-out proof of type A existence then I don't know what is. I never said there was anything wrong with being a type A player - it is simply what someone enjoys and prefers that's all. I don't know why you guys think there's a negative connotation associated with it.

Dimentio - I had hoped you wouldn't ask but since you do ask I'll tell you what I think you are and why. I think you are a type A player. Evidence for this classification: 1) you wished there was a "lite" version of LoH and LoH:IE. 2) You are very graphics focussed. You touched up Nightmare's quests and offered to touch up mine. A type B player never cares about graphics that much. 3) On your recommendations thread, you don't mention any type B quests. 4) You criticized Zelda 3 over graphical issues and its title. 5) Perhaps the most telling one. You haven't written a type B quest. 6) You rated my LoH and LoH:IE but you said yourself that you never finished them. A true type B player would be so glued and intrigued that they can't put it down.

I find it remarkable and extraordinary that I predicted the type B characteristics of Zelda 3 even before Anarchy released his quest. Look at the type B criteria and look at his Zelda 3 quest. Highly challenging, no focus on graphics, no storyline, no puzzles. Yet people still like to deny that there is type A and type B.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    Shane - no I don't quite like your analogy. I'll tell you my analogy. There was a scientist in the medieval times, I can't remember his name, who theorized that the earth was round based on the sun's movement. At the time everyone believed that the earth was flat and anyone who proclaimed otherwise was a heretic and he was promptly burned at the stake for spreading his heretical beliefs. It wasn't until Magellan conclusively proved that the Earth was round a few centuries later that he was vindicated. So here I am, just having discovered this type A/type B dichotomy and people are still believing that player taste can't be classified or predicted ahead of time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    1) you wished there was a "lite" version of LoH and LoH:IE.
    Yes, because I wished for "type a" players to see the true beauty of LoH. That, and I was naive and new to ZC at the time.
    2) You are very graphics focussed. You touched up Nightmare's quests and offered to touch up mine. A type B player never cares about graphics that much.
    What does liking of graphics have to do with liking of difficulty? If I'm so graphics focused, why do I love the classic tileset so much to the point where I'm making a classic quest as a side project. Also, I thought I was doing you a favor, but apparently only Type A's give favors. Also, see above.
    3) On your recommendations thread, you don't mention any type B quests.
    Because I'm not going to suggest a type B quest to a Type A player, and it was clear from his tastes that he was indeed a type A player.
    4) You criticized Zelda 3 over graphical issues and its title.
    Because the author has a giant fucking ego and would harass everyone over them calling Link to the Past "Zelda 3". I wasn't calling the quest ugly, I was saying it does not hold up to the standards that Zelda 2 brought in an attempt to show how hypocritical and delusional Anarchy was, cause Anarchy is a shitty human being.
    5) Perhaps the most telling one. You haven't written a type B quest.
    Hey, hey, look at my profile. Notice any quests there? Nope. I have yet to make a quest *at all*. If I haven't made a quest yet, then how can I have made a Type B quest? Also, you have yet to play Hyrule Fantasy's beta I released at the expo, Hyrule Fantasy being my main quest project and quite possibly one of the most brutal of the things I've co-made with someone, especially once you get to the level 6 I made.
    6) You rated my LoH and LoH:IE but you said yourself that you never finished them. A true type B player would be so glued and intrigued that they can't put it down.
    I have indeed finished both. I made those ratings before I finished them. Also, I beat both Armageddon Quests, and Dungeon Impossible legit. I don't think I'm a pussy gamer by any reach, sorry.

Anarchy's quest would have been better if there was no forced grinding. And yes, there is. You NEED to buy the raft. You NEED to buy the hookshot. I went through Level 1 using the bre minimum, and I would have been fine with that, if not for Anarchy saying that he *expected* you to come in with a magic shield. He expects you to grind. I'm sorry, but I have no interest in seeing how much Type A bullshit he put later in the game. He didn't make a Type B quest, he made a Type A quest and cheap buffed it to the extreme. That's why I dropped it. I have better things to do, my own quests to make (and maybe actually finish a challenge quest that I'm currently working on), than play his garbage.

EDIT: Also James, didn't I make one demo of a challenge dungeon, that *you* tested, and said was amazing type B shit? :thinkingemoji:
    Last edited by Dimentio; 03-12-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Thread Information