Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
While SMB3 certainly had a lot of stuff, and also bearing in mind that I'm not a fan of the 3D games, and I may be mistaken, I think that's false.

SMB3 Powerups:
Mushroom
Flower
Leaf
Tanuki Suit
Frog Suit
Hammer Suit
Star
P-Wing

The additional special items:
Jujem Cloud
Kuribou Shoe
Hammer
Recorder

Misc
1-Up

THat's thirteen. (I don't recall any that I had missed.)

Galaxy 2 had 12 special powerups, alone, plus the normal stuff.

THen, there's Super mario RPG, if you count that.

I can't follow all of the powerups in the 'New SMB' and the 3D World series. Lots there, too, but Galaxy 2 takes the biscuit.

-----------

SMB3 Anecdote

I had always played the JP version of the game, and in that version, being hit while powered up with a leaf or flower, reverts you to small Mario. The non-JP version is severly Nerf'd.

(Emphasis, mine).

Do you have any references on this? I find it quite fascinating, and I wonder what form it would have taken. Heck, I'd have played it. I happen to enjoy the SMB film.

I feel like making this, now, and giving the code to Nintendo; or selling it as WiiWare. People would play...and /buy/ this for the camp factor.
This is off-topic but I will respond.

For SMB3, you left out the Music Box, which puts the Hammer Throwers on the map to sleep, and the Anchor, which stops the Airship from moving if you die on it. That makes 15. I haven't played the Galaxy games, so perhaps I was wrong about that, though.

As dor the game based on the movie, all I have to go on for that is internet rumors. It might or might have been considred, but it certainly was never made. I think it stands to reason since the game already existed.

And now can we put this thread back on topic?