6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.63%
    I like the categories and all, but I feel like this public voting is going to give people like Nightmare and Shoelace a huge edge as a lot of people will play their quests, and most unknowns won't get as nearly as much traffic. (Nothing against them, they are just popular in the community)

Going off PureZCs download numbers (since there's no way I could get download #s from here)

Shoelace - 136
    Travster - 69
    Btjcraft - 56
    LoveForFire - 50
    Scootaloo - 50

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.75%
    Well we can try to break down the popularity power with some cheesy statistics by weighing the votes against the number of times played

Example:
    Nightmare: 60 played, 40 Purple Ganon -> 40/60 -> 66% Purple Ganon

CJC: 6 played, 5 Purple Ganon -> 5/6 -> 78% Purple Ganon

CJC wins the Purple Ganon Award

Unfortunately, quests that have extremely low play numbers (less than 10) will instead be boosted by UNpopularity power in that setup. So a quest would need at least 10 plays to place.

We should use this thread to discuss other judging options and come to a decision on which is the best way to handle the contest.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.83%
    Quote Originally Posted by Love For Fire View Post
    I like the categories and all, but I feel like this public voting is going to give people like Nightmare and Shoelace a huge edge as a lot of people will play their quests, and most unknowns won't get as nearly as much traffic. (Nothing against them, they are just popular in the community)

Going off PureZCs download numbers (since there's no way I could get download #s from here)

Shoelace - 136
    Travster - 69
    Btjcraft - 56
    LoveForFire - 50
    Scootaloo - 50
    I think there will be some sort of paragraph judging here, so a total blind tally will not be happening. Or else we would have the "most played" problem.

I'm not the biggest fan of this system, but I think it's pretty much required in this one.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Thread Information