152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Having witnessed the power of the phoenix I feel happy to be alive. Texia looks much more agitated. I come up to her and using a special tool I extract some of her venom that she makes in excess and carefully clear some of her loosening scales (both of which are invaluable in my defending myself and trading). This act of grooming her calms her down and despite her hunger she crawls back under my cloak and once again it is like she isn't even there. Maybe if I find a rat or some more of those birds I will coax her out to hunt.

I choose a random door since i have no idea what I can expect to find on the other side. My mind focused on Telivar. I hope to be able to stop these cataclysmic events but also hope that such an end doesn't cost Telivar his life(and an equal concern for my own).

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%
    @TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you step back into the coal mine and then take the tent exit back to the hedge maze. It's swallowed in flames. You catch a glimpse of the LIZARD DRAGOON before he leaps into one of the flames and vanishes. You flinch, briefly wondering if you should follow him. Instead, you return to the coal mine where Zataka and Malichor are waiting. You tell them that you tried to get to the mansion exterior using the door, but it seems like the doors won't let you leave on their own. Still, maybe the coal mine has a way out since it seems odd that a mine would be on the mansion grounds.
    Zataka gets your attention and says that he's found Telivar. The mansion lord is in the tavern room with the whirling ellipsoid of papers... INSIDE THE ELLIPSOID. He couldn't calm Telivar down when he was in there, but that's just because he couldn't reach him. Upon hearing this, the original TOMA rushes into the room.
    Malichor steps up to the statue in the center of the cavern and begins to wrap it in paper. He chants words that are unfamiliar to you.
    "Allegro calibri papyrus dotomche maiandra segoe vrinda"
    You look around at the partially petrified miners standing all around you. They seem to be enraptured by Malichor's every word. To your shock, you sense an AASIMAR PRESENCE surge in all of these people when clearly it wasn't there before. The power of that presence traverses from their bodies to Malichor's hands, and the statue begins to twitch. Its fingers regain their color, its eyes open, and after a few moments what was once nothing but a statue transformed into a man... a man who looks shockingly like an older version of TOMA. Upon seeing Malichor, he smiles.
    "Malichor. I thought it would be you."
    The formerly petrified man takes Malichor to the side and whispers something to him.
    Suddenly, the tent flaps leading to the inn room with Telivar slam shut. The situation feels like it's about to explode.
    What do you do?

=====

@mrz84
    Zataka, you return from the tavern rented room and tell everyone in the coal mine that you've located Telivar. Before you can ask about the Phoenix feather, Toma rushes into the room.
    Malichor steps up to the statue in the center of the cavern and begins to wrap it in paper. He chants words that are unfamiliar to you.
    You look around at the partially petrified miners standing all around you. They seem to be enraptured by Malichor's every word. You begin to fret; when you tried to enchant your sword earlier a dragon spawned out of thin air. But to your surprise, the statue begins to twitch. Its fingers regain their color, its eyes open, and after a few moments what was once nothing but a statue transformed into a man... a man who looks shockingly like an older version of TOMA. Upon seeing Malichor, he smiles.
    The formerly petrified man takes Malichor to the side and whispers something to him.
    Since the guy looks a lot like Toma, you decide to ask him about the Phoenix feathers.
    "Huh? That's a really good idea, but I wouldn't know where to look. We didn't have any back then, they're pretty rare."
    You're inclined to believe that time travel isn't a possibility, but with this interspace you consider the possibility that you're intersecting with a reality that has the same events transposed to an earlier position on the timeline. You wonder what impact this would have on YOUR OWN SEARCH, perhaps interspaces like these are the key to shutting your foe out of all realities.
    You ask the formerly petrified man if he can calm Telivar down.
    "Well, as I was just saying to your friend... I can end the spell, but I can't help Master Telivar. He's too wrapped up in the spell. If I intervene, he'll be lost when the interspace collapses. What do you think I should do?"
    As you consider going back into the room with Telivar, the tent flaps leading to the inn slam shut. As hard as you try, you can't open them.
    What do you do?

=====

@bigjoe
    Jerias, you suggest to Atticas that perhaps if you can't open the doors that exist, you could make your own. You then let the raging fire within you escape, setting the hedge on fire. He nods and joins in on the infernal revelry. As the flames grow you see sparks of electricity pop out between the flames. The space between these jolts expands until you can see little windows to other parts of the mansion, opening and closing as the fires flicker. You catch a glimpse of a whirling ellipsoid of papers, and through it you can feel the push of two conflicting minds. You call to Atticas and the two of you leap through.
    You appear in a bedroom, the kind that would be rented out in an inn or tavern. There's a swirling ellipsoid of pages in the center of the room. The wall behind you is on fire, you suspect the fire is bleeding through the portal connecting the hedge maze to this place. There's a narrow gap in the pages, through which you can see the wizard Telivar. The right half of his body has succumbed to dragon corruption... he kind of looks a little bit like you from where you're standing. His eyes are shut and he seems to be chanting something. Is it... some kind of prayer? You can hear the whispers of another dragon coming from his direction; the voice definitely isn't Atticas. Perhaps it's the corruption clawing at his mind, and your recent liberation from Atticas's control has allowed you to sense it in this manner.
    The mage TOMA you attacked earlier enters the room. He doesn't seem to notice you, but he appears panicked upon looking at the swirling mass of pages.
    What do you do?

=====

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you ponder about the argument about the colony...
    ~~~~~
    You point to the statue and ask 'What about him'? Toma shakes his head.
    "All of this is just some figment... an echo from the ghost world. That's not a real wizard. It's just some terror given form by the properties of this place"
    The merchant leader pipes up this time.
    "Sir, I most certainly am NOT a figment, and I resent the implication. I am the great merchant chief Beymond Franks, renowned across the continent! And you and your supposed master are a couple of hapless wizards!"

Zataka chimes in: "You have to admit the resemblance is uncanny. Even if it is a figment, perhaps understanding it might help with our escape. We cannot rule out that as a mere phantom or even coincidence."
    Toma seems resistant to budging on his opinion.

You scold him, explaining that you were able to touch one of the miners and that phantom images don't have mass.
    "But we're standing in a ghost world. Who says the rules aren't different here?" Toma retorts.
    You shake your head, citing a lack of necessity for the logic. You explain it is better to start with the assumption that the rules are the same and then test for discrepancies. In fact, it gives you an idea.
    If that statue is supposed to be Toma and you could revive it somehow, he would be able to verify whether or not this 'colony' was real.

Toma shouts
    "ENOUGH! We're not getting anywhere by arguing and each minute we spend here is causing more of the dragon corruption to leech into our bodies. Let's find a door and go to the master; then when this is all resolved you can do whatever you like. Leave, preferably."
    ~~~~~
    You step up to the statue in the center of the cavern and begin to wrap it in paper. You then spout of a list of fonts that you like to use when inscribing runes, hoping the faith of the colony miners will instill them with power.
    You can feel their stares of awe on your back as you work. And as you feel their stares, you feel the power of their hope surging through you.
    ...The statue begins to twitch. Its fingers regain their color, its eyes open, and after a few moments what was once nothing but a statue transformed into a man... a man who looks shockingly like an older version of TOMA. Upon seeing you, he smiles.
    You're absolutely stunned. You cast a spell with nothing more than the hope of the miners and not an ounce of magic expended and it worked. And this guy is CLEARLY Toma from the future.
    He takes you to the side and whispers to you.
    "It's been a long time. But it doesn't look like you've waited as long as I have. So... this is the scrambled mansion then? Wow, it was so long ago I can hardly remember."
    You ask him what happened to this place.
    "The colony, right. I founded this place to protect the survivors when we lost the sun."
    You're startled by this declaration. You ask, somewhat nonplussed, what he means by that.
    "The dragons that are poking through in your time... they're small potatoes. The big ones are the real problem. Once they caught wind of our theft, they decided to take something back. And they stole the sun."
    You ask what you can do to help.
    "For me? Nothing. Nobody on this side is powerful enough to snatch the sun back. We're just clinging to what warmth we can until the end comes. But I might be able to help you. Unfortunately, it comes at a cost."
    You ask about the cost.
    "I can dispel the ghost world incantation that master Telivar initiated, but he's too wrapped up in the machinations of the spell. If I unbind it, he'll be swept away with the incantation as the ghost world vanishes. I can't help but think that we might have stood a better chance against the big fish if Telivar was still in the picture, and I hate to put the decision on you, but... I don't know what to do."
    What do you say?

=====

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, you ponder on your brush with the Phoenix.
    ~~~~~
    There's a PHOENIX sleeping in here! You've heard all sorts of rumors about phoenix down and its mysterious properties. You also wonder how your PARTNER would react to an honest-to-goodness phoenix, but she's been pretty quiet as of late.
    The thing hasn't spotted you yet.

You ponder the prize of acquiring a panacea like Phoenix Down and so you decide to sneak up and help yourself to a few feathers. But first, you rouse your partner and, though a silent understanding, convince her to catch the bird's gaze so you can creep up and take your fair share. Still, as you approach the Phoenix locks eyes with you and you freeze, hoping it hasn't actually spotted you. You feel a surge of heat wash over you body, almost as if you were standing near the mouth of a volcano. This situation seems just as dangerous. Suddenly, a voice echos in your head.
    "A courteous request might yield better results than a con. Just a thought."
    You sweat slightly and ask it to repeat that, hoping that the voice you heard was just your anxiety playing tricks on you.
    "I mean I'll give you some, if you'd like. That's why I came here after all."
    You shrug. A free gift is a free gift, and you can expect a healthy profit for something as rare as Phoenix Down.
    "That's not what it's for."
    ...Did the phoenix just read your thoughts?
    "Yes, yes I did. But I'm getting ahead of myself. You see, this scrambled paradimension and the dragon attack that spawned it are small potatoes. The ones poking through are REFUGEES. See, in our dimension heat is a commodity. Everyone who lives there has a burning flame in their chest which requires the stokes of heat, and the most powerful hoard the sources and force everyone else to bow for access. See... our dimension doesn't have stars like yours does, only the phoenixi generate heat. We are caged songbirds in that sense, and compared to our dimension yours is a paradise of sunshine and warmth."
    You ask what this has to do with you.
    "You have seen some of the refugees from our world, and you have forged a symbiotic bond with one of them. Your relationship with Texia is special, and gives me hope that one day our two realities might merge into one and we might share resources. The mages of your reality reach into ours for our natural magical potency and we reach into yours for sources of heat, but picking each other's pockets is only going to draw the attention of the big fish, and they'll ruin everything if they join in on the plunder."
    You ask what you should do.
    "The dragons that have breached into your reality are small potatoes; their strength and stature in our world was small enough that they could slip through relatively small tears. More powerful entities like myself cannot reach your dimension because we have too much metaphysical volume to pass through a tear. But the tears are getting bigger, like this one the wizard Telivar has ripped in his panic. I need you to take advantage of the tears while they are still small, so that you can pose a sufficient threat when the big fish come to feast."
    You say you still do not understand.
    "This little dragons that are tearing through... teach them that they're fighting for the wrong things. Encourage them to grow strong, so that when the big fish come to feast they'll face an army that can defeat them. I give you my boon with the hope that you can foster this rebellion as you have fostered your friendship with Texia."
    With that, the phoenix looks away, closing its eyes as if it is in pain.
    "The heat of the down has healing properties. It will protect you from the corruption bleeding from my dimension. It can also reverse its effects, but only in those who have not succumbed to the flames."
    You notice the three red pearls in the clutches of the three statues on this level are pulsating, as if reacting to the heat of the bird.
    ~~~~~
    You groom Texia to calm her down after the brush with the phoenix, wondering why she became so agitated. Is what the beast said true? What are its motives?
    As you let Texia back into your cloak, you notice that the cloak is now covered in Phoenix feathers. You were hoping for a few pinches of down and you've got a whole cloak of them. You ponder the boon you've been given but then pause and decide it's best to see to Telivar. Picking the second-floor door to the HALL OF MIRRORS, you think of Telivar and try to open it. Initially it's locked, but one of the feathers flickers and then it opens, revealing a tavern bedroom.
    To your left, you see the LIZARD DRAGOON standing in front of a WALL OF FLAMES. To you right, a young man you suspect is the wizard's apprentice stands panicked, staring towards the mass in front of you. It is a spiraling ellipsoid of spellbook pages, and within you catch a glimpse of Telivar--half-corrupted--silently praying.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    As tempting it would be to use the interspace for my own quest, helping Telivar takes priority. After careful consideration, I believe that there must be another way to free Telivar and close the dimension without losing him as well. First however, we must find a way to reach him now that the tent flap is closed.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.45%
    The aasimar presence worries me...that kind of energy could only come from another aasimar, which I have confirmed there is not, or a tiefling. In any case, I have no interest in returning to the burning hedge maze--or, for that matter, any part of Telivar's mansion. I suggest to my companions that we and the refugees find our way to the surface and see where we are. As for the newly revived and older Toma, it makes little difference to me whether or not he comes along. As for Telivar, I care little about what becomes of him.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.46%
    I try to distract Telivar from the prying voice of his manipulator. I hold up the piece of his past incarnation and beckon his attention,that he may open his eyes. If he does not respond, I turn to Toma and ask him for his help freeing Telivar. My prior confrontation with him may cause some hostility, so I show that I am trying to reason now. I then instruct Atticas to try to delve into the mind of the opposing dragon, to see if he can find anything out about what is going on.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    I carefully avoid the flames and storm of spell pages to move in closer to Telivar, calling to him. When it seems my words cannot reach him I notice the Dragon Man is trying to get Toma to aid him in freeing Telivar. I wonder if the Assistant is in shock. I try to tell them both of the cloak and ask if it may help, but I cannot tell if my words are understood by the Reptile or even getting to Toma. I risk throwing the cloak upon Telivar and bear down for disaster.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%
    =====

@mrz84
    Zataka, you resolve that it would be best to rescue the lord of the manor. Unable to open the tent flap, you draw your massive sword and slice the tent to pieces. But underneath, all you find is a bedroll. Without the shape to form a doorway it seems the space has defaulted to what should be expected. You go in search of another door, winding up in the hedge maze. The place is ablaze and the heat bites at you through your armor. Also, the lattice openings have all been incinerated; the last one burns to ash behind you as you pass through. You see an opening through the flames that leads to the tavern, but it is too small for you to pass through. The inferno threatens to swallow you.
    Suddenly, a frigid breeze blasts out of the opening in the flames, extinguishing the flames as it spirals up towards the sky. A collection of PHOENIX FEATHERS fly past you as the breeze carries them skyward. You catch one, while the rest vanish into the tempest. Suddenly, the sky clears up, and a light snow begins to fall in the shadow of a magnificent full moon. You look around you; the entire maze has been reduced to dust and you are standing in a field, with the edges of the mansion clearly in view. The air feels clean and crisp, and as you look around you see that the abyss below you has vanished as well. It seems the danger has passed.
    You make your way to the front door. As you approach, you see the crossbow thief pulling away in a wagon full of loot. She takes off over the plains to the EAST.
    To the NORTH, you see a MOUNTAIN VILLAGE. Smoke is rising from the houses; it seems the breath of industry is wide in that place.
    To the SOUTH, a FOREST seems to cling to darkness in an almost ominous fashion.
    Where do you go?

=====

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you fret about the Aasimar presence, but then you consider that this world seems to change the rules, and perhaps that energy is indicative of something else. This thought doesn't just extend to the ghost reality; this entire dimension seems to treat the Aasimar state differently. After some thought you decide that the sensation must be associated with natural magic instead of that which comes from ritual or incantation. This calms you slightly because it means there may not be an infernal force at work, but it also worries you because it might mean you WON'T BE ABLE TO SENSE ANOTHER AASIMAR. Still, you resolve that you've had enough of the manor and its master, so you lead the merchants up the natural grade of the mine out to the surface. As you approach the mouth of the mine, a cyclone of flames sweeps across the walls, threatening to ignite the coal contained within and cause a massive explosion. Yet strangely, you don't sense any danger as it passes. A single phoenix feather floats past you as the flames surge and you catch it.
    When the inferno has passed, you finish your exit from the mine. You emerge in the PUMPKIN PATCH, but you can't sense any darkspace bends like before. Also, the tempest in the sky has vanished, being replaced by a full-lit moon and a gentle snowfall, signalling the first winter. It seems the danger has passed.
    The merchant troupe's leader appears disoriented, claiming that the mansion grounds are certainly the same but they seem to be at a completely different locale. Upon looking towards the MOUNTAIN TO THE NORTH, though, his disposition improves. He says this was their next stop anyway, and invites you to join them for the walk up to the mountain settlement.
    You've seen this region before; it's the same as when you departed Telivar's office. There's the settlement to the NORTH, the ominous forest to the SOUTH, and an expansive plain to the EAST.
    Where do you go?

=====

@bigjoe
    Jerias, you hold up the femur of the other Telivar, as if to tell him that he need not fret being broken as he can rise again. Subsequently, Atticas tries to reason with the dragon taking hold in Telivar's body.
    You hear their conversation in your head.
    Atticas- Hey, what the heck are you doing? Can't you see that this guy's too much for you to handle?

Bankraz- Buzz off, gnat, find your own wizard. Why don't you try that apprentice over there, he looks scrawny enough for you.

Atticas- Take a look through his eyes. Do you see what he's doing to try to break from you?

Bankraz- Huh, would you look at that. But so what?

Atticas- You want him to tear a hole right back to the homestead? Are you really that eager to go home? Because I'm not.

Bankraz- ...Well....

You're distracted from their conversation by the appearance of the RANGER, who leaps into the swirling mass of pages with some CLOAK OF FEATHERS. As he wraps these feathers around the wizard, an incredible nova of flame erupts, blasting the room to pieces. For a moment there is nothing but a warm, comforting light. When it passes, you find yourself in the shattered remains of Telivar's tavern. The wizard is on the floor, completely purged of his corruption. He appears to be unconscious.
    Atticas says it might be a good idea to leave before he wakes up. You depart the mansion.
    It's cold, but strangely for the first time in forever you don't feel the hungry rage of the flame within you. A light snow falls in the brisk midnight air. To the NORTH, you see a settlement in the mountains. To the SOUTH, you see an ominous forest. And to the EAST, you see an expansive plain.
    Far to the WEST, you can also see the ocean.
    Where do you go?

=====

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, you leap into the whirling vortex of storm pages and find yourself in the eye of the spell, standing next to Telivar. From here you can see the entirety of the mansion: the face of each page is a window to a different room. A phantom of the dragon that attacked during your earlier meeting with the wizard moves from page to page, searching. From here, you can clearly tell it is a fabrication of the imagination… some specter of dread given form by the terrors of a powerful and panicked man. You wish to inform the wizard that the dragon that stalks him now lives only in his imagination, but you still can’t get his attention. Shock is a tricky thing like that.
    You call out to Toma and the Dragoon, but just as your words could not penetrate the tempest of pages from the outside it seems this spot is insulated from outside influence, save the paper windows to other segments of the mansion.
    Taking a gamble, you remove the cloak of phoenix feathers and throw it over the mansion lord, thinking back on the beast’s words about corruption and embracing the inferno. Each feather pulses with an intense orange glow, brightening to white and blinding you as the room, the spellpage tempest, and even the wizard fade out of view. You feel a blast of heat and then you grasp around, trying to find your senses in the flood of white.
    You catch a vision of the wizard Telivar, with the draconic scales on his right side ripping free and gathering in a cluster to his right. When he has been purged of the features, he fades back into the white. As for the cluster of scales, it pulses with the pace of a heartbeat and grows until it is roughly the size of an elephant, unfurling into a dragon of azure and silver.
    “That heat… I’d heard about phoenix fire but I never expected it to be so intense. I couldn’t hold on.”
    He looks at you inquisitively.
    “…Just who are you?”
    [Act Medias Res]
    Recruiting Bankraz

~~~~~
    ~~~~~
    [/Act Medias Res]
    The blinding white gradually fades after his departure. Bit by bit the world reconstructs itself around you. Telivar is on the floor, unconscious. Toma is trying to rouse him, but the dragoon is gone. In fact, much of the room is gone, likely destroyed in the explosion when you shrouded Telivar in phoenix down. Roughly two thirds of the feathers remain, hanging in the air and pulsing as the light strikes them. You take a few minutes to gather then and you hide them in your cloak.
    Telivar begins to rouse. He notices the corruption is gone, and in an ecstatic cry asks if you slayed the dragon.
    Your answer is dependent on the result of the Act Medias Res
    He says that a refilled flask isn’t nearly enough to pay you for your deeds today. He reaches into his gaudy robes (who wears stars and moons on blue felt in this day and age?!) and pulls out a miniature statue in the likeness of himself, carved out of onyx. You are hesitant to accept this ‘gift’ which feels like a marketing gimmick until he explains.
    “This is my boon. Break it on the ground once, and I will come. Anything you want, if it is in my power to perform, is yours.”
    You thank him and stash the idol. Telivar turns to his apprentice and informs him that they must begin repairs to the mansion at once. Feeling you have overstayed your welcome, you silently slip out.
    Standing on the widow walk on the roof of the mansion, you take in the cold winter air that accompanies the gently falling first snow of the year. The moon is full above your head, and you pause to take in what this winter will bring. The big fish… are you really the one to front this offensive?
    You scan the horizon. To the NORTH, you can see a band of merchants making their way to a settlement in the mountains. To the EAST, you can see the CROSSBOW BURGLAR cutting across an expansive plain with a wagon full of loot. To the SOUTH, the cries of an ominous forest draw and repel, like the breath of a great beast. Could another dragon be there? What is this sensation that you’re just now beginning to notice? Is it the Phoenix’s doing? Finally, far to the WEST you can see a port town against the rocky shores of the sea.
    Where will you go?

=====

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you tell Toma Bartrand the Elder that the immediate threat needs to be dealt with if you have any hope of facing the threat to come. You therefore ask him to dispel the ghostworld, no matter what cost may be inflicted upon the caster. He raises his hands, preparing to split the spell and set the world right again, when suddenly a flash of flames washes over the mine and swallows you. You flinch, anticipating this is the fire in the library spreading into the mine and igniting the coal in an explosive flash, but strangely as the inferno envelops you you feel the heavy sensation in the air evaporate. When the flames pass, you notice that the workers of the colony have each recovered from their petrification. They turn your praise to you, hailing you as a savior, but you really don’t know what happens. Then, you notice a few Phoenix feathers hanging in the air. Quickly you gather them up, though you decide to let Toma the Elder have one.
    He asks you if what just happened was a result of your incantation, but you say you don’t have any idea. You go to check the door back to the library, but now it leads to the mine’s office.
    “The phantom world is dispelled! Did somebody get to Telivar?”
    You and TtE lead the colonists out of the mine, emerging in the pumpkin patch. They look at the sky, amazed. One of them points and asks what the light in the sky is. “That’s a star”.
    TtE looks confused. He turns to you. “This is your timeline. Why are we here? Shouldn’t we have been sent back when the spell ended?”
    You say that maybe this is his second chance, to get a better outcome.
    “Perhaps you’re right.”
    He looks to the colonists.
    “But someone needs to look after them. They’ve suffered too much at the hands of magic; this is no place for them. I’ll take them far away from here.”
    He then looks around at the surrounding scenery.
    “This looks like the Audamar region. I’ll take them west, to the sea. We can catch a ship there.”
    He bows to you.
    “Thank you for all you have done.”
    With that, TtE collects the colonists one at a time and vanishes, apparently stepping through a portal of darkspace of his design. You take in the region around you.
    To the NORTH, you can see an industrious MOUNTAIN SETTLEMENT. To the SOUTH, a forest seems to pulse with dark energy. To the WEST, you can see a vast plain with a single wagon moving away from the mansion.
    Where will you go?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.45%
    First, I go to Malichor and ask if he knows where Zataka might be found. Once we locate him, we should decide from there where to go. I remember a brief encounter with the female thief, but know nothing of her whereabouts, not those of the cloaked man from before. I wish to be away from this place as soon as possible, but before we go I reach out once more with my senses, trying to detect any aasimar presence. If there is none, or even a hint of celestial energy, then my worries will be put to rest.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    I look for my allies to see if they are unharmed. Once I have confirmed they are safe, I inquire of what transpired before we depart. I also discuss our options. The crossbow thief's destination and motives are of interest to me, however if my companions desire to go elsewhere, then I shall not press the matter further. After that I would most likely suggest we head towards the nearest town to stock on supplies if we are to journey anywhere else. Before we depart to where ever we decide, I scan the area one last time for the dragoon and the ranger with the intention of asking if they wish to join us. If they decline, I will respect their decision.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    The forest seems to call to me for some reason. Hopefully I can find something there that will help me understand my new found powers of magic. I suggest this as the next destination.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Thread Information