User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: S&S The Third

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    ==================================================
    Setting: The 4 Magics

Arcane: Arcane magic is drawn from either one's distant draconic or supernatural blood or from dedicated research. They are known to create more dramatic and destructive effects than arcane spells but have no particular focus.

Divine: Divine magic is drawn from divine forces and are considered generally less dramatic and destructive than arcane spells, with a greater focus on healing and protection and significant variance based on the domains of the deity granting them.
    Note: Divine Magic users are the only ones who can turn, rebuke, and bolster undead.

Nature: Nature magic is drawn from the environment itself and is truly something to be wary of, it is the most powerful of the four types of magic, but can takes on adverage 1000 years to become a grand master. It focuses on animals, plants, geomancy, and weather magic.
    Note: Nature Magic users are the only ones that can summon elementals, BONUS LANGUAGE: DRUIDIC "the language used by druids, who are the only ones who live long enough to actually become grand masters."

Planar: Planar magic is drawn from the outer planes and is second to Nature in terms of power. It's primary focus is conjuring and alignment spells and a secondary focus on elemental magic.
    Note: Planar Magic users can cast healing, but not raise the dead.
    @mrz84 you need to choose one of the above... For a red mage i would go with Planar since that gives you elemental, alignment, and conjuring. You can also tap into the high planes to cast healing. You won't be able to raise the dead though, only Divine Mages can do that.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-16-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Update

@mrz84
    You've been hired by the village elder of Onyllona where you have been hiding out and studying Planar Magic for the last six monthes to rescue his daughter celaena. At first you declined. But then he told you he knew your secret and would reveal it to the village by tomorrow night if she is not returned. Leaving you no choice but to cooperate with him less you be hunted by racist Wood Elves and a Planar Grand Master which would be a fate worst then the outcome... death.
    After 8 hours of searching the woods you find a bandit camp. Two woman are tied up. One is an elven woman who was outcasted from the village the same time you arrived for suspected murder and is being beaten by a halfing and another is unconscious. Janos stops beating the woman and looks down at a maiden no older then 20 who is of human birth. "Pfft, may'be she'll entertain me tonight... Looks like I might let you live afterall Nephenee, but mark my words if you ever disappoint me again I will cut your throat open."
    The halfling pulls out a shortswoprd and dagger and charges away from you at... Celaena and a Dragonborn? "OH NO!"
    "You came back... Big Mistake Princess!"

@King Aquamentus
    Celaena nods and leads you to the bandits camp. JANOS is beating a elf who is tied up tied up. Celaena speaks "He appears to be angry with her that she failed to capture me after my escape. Sucks to be her. Traitorous outcast". JANOS looks down at a maiden no older then 20. "Pfft, may'be she'll entertain me tonight... Looks like I might let you live afterall Nephenee, but mark my words if you ever disappoint me again I will cut your throat open." Janos looks up and spots you and whips out and dagger and shortsword. "You came back... Big Mistake Princess!"

Combat Initiated
    Party: Crimson, Jade, Celaena
    Foes: JANOS

Do to the circumstances of this battle there is a predetermined turn order you can post regardless. Keep this in mind and try to come up for a strategy otherwise it will get harder! I will not always inform you of this.
    Crimson
    Janos
    Celaena (action already decided)
    Jade

@TheDarkOne
    He slams down his 20th bottle of wine and stares at you... "Love mate! I love nachos, I love wine, I love this tavern, but most of all! I love Lucy. I have for 10 years! Since we we're teenagers! She makes me want to become a better man, a better gnoll, and even a better adventurer HIC!"
    He passes out and face plants his 5th tray of nachos...
    "Love is a strange yet powerful thing if it can do that to a savage like him. You should of seen him 10 years ago. Killed his own brother. Why you ask? he was mad."
    "Anyways, I need to clean up? LUCY! Is the room ready?"
    "Yes father!"
    "You heard her buddy. Off you go!"
    "You head up stairs, and find a a Ivory and gold bonded book on the bed. It has the name it's got a name in pretty gold letters (It's in Celestial though and you don't have access to that language. @mrz84 does so you can keep it or toss it your choice)."
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    I use the opportunity to strike him while his back is turned by casting one my strongest (single targeting) spells targets at the halfling's ass (for comedic effect mostly, but nobody wants a deadly spell up the ass) by turning my rapier upside down to reveal a rose gem on the bottom of the hilt that acts as a spell focus (the rapier is designed so that when held this way it appears to be a staff)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @mrz84 You need to be more descriptive with your magic that's not gonna fly here...
    Not now, not ever.

You have Conjuring, Elemental, Alignment, Healing.
    And you dont have access to strong magic yet. your just starting out lol.
    Your will learn the names of some kick ass spells in the arc though especially in chapters 3 and 4.

Rule Clarification: Acquiring equipments,spells,gold, etc.

Equipment: You will receive better (including magical and even mythical!) equipment as the story develops. It can be found in chest, looted from corpses, and purchased in towns.

Spells: Mages will learn more magic then they ever will need. Hell I'm giving Crimson one of the most useful spells in chapter 4. Pretty much once you see it once, you can use it.
    Oh yeah your about to learn a spell too add to your already existing spellbook. "Better make one in notepad, real simple just list their name and function. and additional notes from me" @mrz84

Gold: The shiny stuff, awarded for completing quest.

All the above: will be rewarded occasioinally for exellence in roleplaying. The happier I am with how this turns out. The better your rewards!
    tldr: HEY EVERYONE LETS BE SUPER COOL AND KEEP HER HAPPY! SO SHE GIVES US FREE STUFF YEAH!
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-18-2017 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.53%
    I pick up the book but seeing the incomprehensible title, I do not bother to open it. ((OOC: His character may indeed know the language but my character and his have never met, so Artanis would have no way of knowing that)) I place the book on the table and check that the door and window are both securely locked before settling down to sleep.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    Didn't know what spells I even had so I just used a catch all (notice I didn't even name said spell? That's cause I have no idea what is even on my spell list. I just assumed I had at least one single target attack spell that actually does damage) description of what I thought would be easy to go from there. Elemental? As in I use elemental magic or summon one? Or would that be conjure. I haven't played many magic heavy characters in a D&D-like setting so forgive me if I stumble here.

If I am to assume elemental is similar to attack magic then how about I lob a fireball (of modest size) at his ass?
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @mrz84
    Elemental Magic: Fire, Cold, Electric, Acid, Earth, Water, Wind, Metal, Wood, Stone, Sound? Is sound an element?
    Conjuring: You can summon shit! But they won't come if they're lawful.
    Alignment: ALIGNMENT MAGIC KICKS ASS!!! YOu will be introduced to some of these this arc as well as a spell to summon demons. *laughs maniacally*
    Healing: You SUCK at it, but you can conjure up loss skin and repair blood vessels but not reattach nerves or bone.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask away.

Also you just got 1 CAS circumstanial for coming to save the village elder's daughter! You get those spells as well eventually. They will start becoming available after this arc concludes.
    @TheDarkOne
    True, I forgot thanks for catching that!

GM: Evil Laughter
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-18-2017 at 10:22 PM.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%
    Jade ducked and could tell Celaena was preparing to do something. Armed otherwise only with a tin mug, she began reaching for her chord serpent and put it to her lips. She was not yet aware of the Crimson Mage.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Update

@mrz84 , @King Aquamentus
    A fireball strikes janos from behind while Celaena fires a lightning bolt from the other side. He falls down to the ground dead as door mat.
    "Nephenee... So it was you in the shadows firing those arrows" The elf stalks over to the tied up elf a knocks her out with a blow to the head.
    "Crimson, I know your out there! Show your self!"
    A female dark elf enters the camp!
    "She unties the human and asks Crimson for her help taking her back to the inn."

Upon reaching the inn. IT'S ON FIRE and the exit is blocked you here people screaming inside.
    @TheDarkOne
    You wake up to find the ceiling, floors, and walls on fire and the inn filled with smoke. Time to grab everyone and get the hell out.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%
    Jade barely had a chance to play before a few quick flashes of light, and Janos went "down like a little pussy" as she put it. She kept quiet about Nephenee, but seemed to recognize the unconscious woman. "Hey!! That's the girl from the inn. She doesn't seem to be too badly hurt, thank goodness... let's get her home."

Good news is, despite the sun having set, they had little trouble making it back to the inn.

Bad news is, this was because it was on fire, and the exit was blocked up. It sounded like people really wanted out.

"Hey!! Can you guys get that door cleared?"

Jade began playing a slow but uplifting tune, providing a temporary buff of +2 strength. It might not have been as useful as, say, magic enhancement, but it was the best she knew at the moment.

((I'm guessing this too is going to be something we'll need to play around with and evolve too, as right now I don't have a hard and fast idea of what the limitations to these songs are, particularly how often they can be played))

Thread Information