User Tag List

View Poll Results: How often do you cook?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every day

2 22.22%
  • One or more days a week

6 66.67%
  • One or more days a month

0 0%
  • Never

1 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: “...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the stuffed shells had...stuffing...in them?
    I actually made the cheese mix myself to stuff the shells with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.1%
    You know, I kinda got to thinking... Maybe we should create a new thread to act as a sort of recipe exchange. I mean, it's all cool to see everyone's level of cooking expertise, but I think it'd be even more fun to share our favorite recipes and/or give cooking pointers. You know, turn this into an educational experience or something.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    You know, I kinda got to thinking... Maybe we should create a new thread to act as a sort of recipe exchange. I mean, it's all cool to see everyone's level of cooking expertise, but I think it'd be even more fun to share our favorite recipes and/or give cooking pointers. You know, turn this into an educational experience or something.
    When we were discussing adding more sub-forums, EaTS or something similar was one of the topics discussed. Since none of that went anywhere, I decided to gauge interest by reviving the polls. A recipe thread sounds like a good idea since a lot of members seem to have at least a dish or two up their sleeves. It would help me get back in the habit of measuring as I tend to be a scratch cook with a dash of this and two splashes of that. Baking requires more exact measuring but my oven is currently broken so no baking.

Stuffed shells is a great dish that can be simple or complex yet always appears well-polished. I usually splurge on a good, hard cheese, asiago is my favourite, which makes up for whatever ricotta I bought because it was on sale that week And lots of garlic and fresh, dried oregano. Lately I have gotten lazy and tend to make lasagna rolls instead which is basically the same thing with a different pasta form.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Keese
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.04%
    ---
    Last edited by Liliith; 10-04-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Thread Information