9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.77%
    Tiles don't get triggered, combos do. No walk through walls. You didn't actually use the file, did you?

8-Dir Scrolling Zelda: http://youtu.be/HIEUQjiSGAo

There's a video of the most recent update since I started over.
    Last edited by Zim; 09-01-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.77%
    http://1drv.ms/1swHcn5

I haven't done anything with this for a few weeks but this version is slightly better than the last one.

It uses CJC's 8-Dir Link Tiles, and has bombable bush (The one right next to Link at the start) and all the other bushes burn, for example reasons of how it can use normal combo usages.

There is no more graphical glitchyness, and the scrolling is very smooth, all the way to the edges of the screen.
    The only slight bug (and by bug I mean unintentional side-effect) with it is that when Link goes up against a solid combo in any given direction, then stops pressing towards the wall, then presses the direction towards the wall again, he gets wedged into the wall and can't move in the perpendicular directions while that happens.
    However, he doesn't get stuck permanently, and that's actually not a game-breaking glitch at all and actually could be used in some way as an aspect of the game engine rather than a bug.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    This is looking more and more fantastic the more you do.

I've grabbed a copy of the quest in its current state and I'll be taking a peek inside (if it's unpassworded, anyway), but you're really doing a fantastic job overcoming the screen restrictions of the game.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.77%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    This is looking more and more fantastic the more you do.

I've grabbed a copy of the quest in its current state and I'll be taking a peek inside (if it's unpassworded, anyway), but you're really doing a fantastic job overcoming the screen restrictions of the game.
    Thanks dude. These posted demos will always be unpassworded as the point is to share the code.
    I would've submitted to script database but I'm still debating to myself if I should integrate all combo types and flags or not, because that is a bunch of code...
    Then again it wouldn't be longer than ghost.z.. so I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.77%
    Today I integrated the items and NPC spawning into the new template.
    Just click the combo with the desired item or npc and place it on the screen and it will show up in game as the actual item or npc with scrolling. Also started on PitWarp function and it works, perfectly actually, with warp return points and everything. The return warp bugged though so more to do on it tomorrow.
    There were only two maps to test the warps with scrolling with, and map 0 to 10 did fine, 10 to 0 is set up the exact same and uses the same code but didn't work right.

Probably an easy fix.
    Last edited by Zim; 09-22-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Thread Information