Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.54%

Enemies entering from the sides

Okay, recently, I tried pasting some enemies on a screen on a dungeon DMap, and I selected the enter from sides pattern. I tried this in both 2.10 and 2.50. In 2.10, this trick only works if there is an open door on the top or the bottom. In 2.50, this simply does NOT work, no matter which of the two enter from sides patterns I choose. Yet, in any quests made in 2.10 or lower that have enemies enter from sides on dungeon DMaps, they still seem to appear on the screen in 2.50. The only two quests I know of that have enemies enter from sides on a dungeon DMap are Armageddon Quest and Armageddon Quest Forever, which were made in 1.92B1.83. In this case, it is teleporting Wizzrobes that are set to enter from the sides. In Armageddon Quest Forever, however, there does not appear to be a door on the top or the bottom on that one screen, and yet the Wizzrobes still appear. So I'm thinking the quest designer might have used layering on the top or bottom walls.
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 12-24-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    I remember another thread about this but I can't remember where. I think one solution was to use Freeform Dungeons. Are you using NES dungeons? If you attempting to make Teleporting Wizzrobes appear on after another instead of all at the same time someone made a simple script for that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.54%
    Um, yeah. I am in fact using NES Dungeons. And I even tried this with the Freeform Dungeons rule checked, and it still didn't work, and to be honest, I don't think the quests I mentioned here even use the Freeform Dungeons rule. Also, there was that Adventure of Link remake for 1.90, and in that quest, some screens on the overworld have Teleporting Wizzrobes entering from the sides, and they all appear to show one by one instead of all at once.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuppetSB View Post
    Um, yeah. I am in fact using NES Dungeons. And I even tried this with the Freeform Dungeons rule checked, and it still didn't work, and to be honest, I don't think the quests I mentioned here even use the Freeform Dungeons rule. Also, there was that Adventure of Link remake for 1.90, and in that quest, some screens on the overworld have Teleporting Wizzrobes entering from the sides, and they all appear to show one by one instead of all at once.
    Well it seems to be a 2.5 issue. Maybe how 2.5 handles dungeon walls. Don't wizzrobes ignore solidity? From what I have read Wizzrobes enter from sides just fine except in NES Dungeons in 2.5.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.54%
    Um... yes they do, but I see that the Wizzrobe Class has a misc attribute to determine whether or not they can appear on solid combos, and it appears to be set to no by default for all except the Mirror Wizzrobe, even though this only applies to teleporting Wizzrobes.
    EDIT: Turns out that the issue is there has to be a fully walkable opening at the edge of one of the walls in order for the enemies to enter from the sides, even if the enemies ignore walkability. And it turns out, in the 2.10 default template, the overhead parts of the north and south doors are in fact fully walkable. I learned this the hard way when I tested this out on the overworld as well.
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 02-22-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Thread Information