259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%
    I still think you greatly overreacted to the whole situation about your quest over at purezc @Anarchy_Balsac . You should put your quest up here and at pure - let time tell. Sure, Dimentio will 1-star it, but whatever. A few bad ratings aren't going to matter much; there's always the people that come along after those ratings 'bombs' and rate higher to counteract those obvious bad ratings. I've done this a few times myself.

Another thing you should keep in mind is that the general age of members there are much lower than here, so it does kind of make you look more of a jerk than normal if you insult someone or get too defensive.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.8%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    I still think you greatly overreacted to the whole situation about your quest over at purezc @Anarchy_Balsac . You should put your quest up here and at pure - let time tell. Sure, Dimentio will 1-star it, but whatever. A few bad ratings aren't going to matter much; there's always the people that come along after those ratings 'bombs' and rate higher to counteract those obvious bad ratings. I've done this a few times myself.
    I'd have more confidence in that idea, if not for the fact that it was up for 2 years, and no one did. You're right though, in that, had that happened, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Another thing you should keep in mind is that the general age of members there are much lower than here, so it does kind of make you look more of a jerk than normal if you insult someone or get too defensive.
    Noted, but in that case, the admins should be a bit more careful taking people like Dimentio and Shane at their word, and shouldn't have been so dismissive about my concerns. Part of the problem is that the admins backed dimentio, telling me to just deal with the ratings bombing while fully condemning me for doing it back and undoing it without question, it was also part of their ban reason. I suspect after seeing his racist remarks, they may be less inclined to keep their ties with him, but it shouldn't have come to that.

@James24 Maybe, either way, I think I'm moving on to doing more general freeware, kinda wanna make my own Mega Man game. Hell, unlike ZC, there's ZERO risk of a DMCA takedown any time soon.
    Last edited by Anarchy_Balsac; 04-10-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Thread Information