Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
Ghosts are real.

I've seen some shit.
Stories?

------------------

I'm going to quote a few paragraphs from a book I have. Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls."

Before continuing with the passage of souls into the spirit world, I want to discuss
those entities who either have not made it this far after physical death, or will be
diverted from the normal travel route.

The Displaced Soul:
There are souls who have been so severely damaged they are detached from the
mainstream of souls going back to a spiritual home base. Compared to all returning
entities, the number of these abnormal souls is not large. However, what has
happened to them on Earth is significant because of the serious effect they have on
other incarnated souls.

There are two types of displaced souls: those who do not accept the fact their
physical body is dead and fight returning to the spirit world for reasons of personal
anguish, and those souls who have been subverted by, or had complicity with,
criminal abnormalities in a human body. In the first instance, displacement is of the
soul's own choosing, while in the second case, spiritual guides deliberately remove
these souls from further association with other entities for an indeterminate period.
In both situations, the guides of these souls are intimately concerned with
rehabilitation, but because the circumstances are quite different between each type
of displaced soul, I will treat them separately.

The first type we call ghosts. These spirits refuse to go home after physical death
and often have unpleasant influences on those of us who would like to finish out our
own human lives in peace. These displaced souls are sometimes falsely called
"demonic spirits" because they are accused of invading the minds of people with
harmful intent. The subject of negative Spirits has produced serious investigations
in the field of parapsychology. Unfortunately, this area of spirituality has also
attracted a fringe element of the unscrupulous associated with the occult, who prey
on the emotions of susceptible people

The troubled spirit is an immature entity with unfinished business in a past life on
Earth. They may have no relation to the living person who is disrupted by them. It
is true that some people are convenient and receptive conduits for negative spirits
who wish to express their querulous nature. This means that someone who is in a
deep meditative state of consciousness might occasionally pick up annoying signal
patterns from a discarnated being whose communications can range from the
frivolous to provocative. These unsettled entities are not spiritual guides. Real
guides are healers and don't intrude with acrimonious messages.

More often than not, these uncommon haunted spirits are tied to a particular
geographic location. Researchers who have specialized in the phenomena of ghosts
indicate those disturbed entities are caught in a no-man's land between the lower
astral planes of Earth and the spirit world. From my own research, I don't believe
these souls are lost in space, nor are they demonic.

They choose to remain within the Earth plane after physical death for a time by their own volition due to a high level of discontent. In my opinion, they are damaged souls because they evidence
confusion, despair, and even hostility to such an extent they want their guides to
stay away from them. We do know a negative, displaced entity can be reached and
handled by various means, such as exorcism, to get them to stop interfering with
human beings. Possessing spirits can be persuaded to leave and eventually make a
proper transition into the spirit world.
Of course, keep in mind that this is entirely out of context, and may cause more confusion than it may placate.