4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.96%
    Just some more Links for people to check out.

Gameplay (completion of a dungeon) and direct audio feed from console: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2013/04/...st-soundtrack/
    Comparing overworld to LttP: http://gengame.net/2013/04/comparing...e-for-comfort/
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.72%
    @franpa Thanks for those links. I watched the entire video with the demo dungeon and I have to say I am impressed with the new ideas and how they are implementing them. I can't wait for this one to come out! I am sure it will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    Watched the demo dungeon vid. I think this could turn out pretty good. I have the feeling they might re-use a few other bosses, while throwing in new ones. My only other concern is where will this game fit into the overall "canon" of Zelda other than obviously after LttP? And how long after it? A few months? Years? I'm wondering and wondering and feeling antsy about it. Story has always been a big thing for me in games after all.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.91%
    Watched the first link posted (the gameplay/dungeon completion video) and the game itself looked pretty neat. The graphics were wonderful and the music sounds great. The same great gameplay that made the first LttP popular still seems to be here and the use of 3D appears well thought out. That said, the 2D chalk drawing bullshit looks tedious and annoying. It did not appear to add anything remotely fun to the gameplay. That said, I am kind of excited for it and will reserve judgment of this new gimmick for the final product.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.64%
    Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    My only other concern is where will this game fit into the overall "canon" of Zelda other than obviously after LttP? And how long after it? A few months? Years? I'm wondering and wondering and feeling antsy about it. Story has always been a big thing for me in games after all.
    I've always treated each Zelda game as though it lives in its own alternate universe with any apparent connections to any of the other games being mere coincidence.
    The only exception of course is when a game explicitly refers to events from another game (such as Majora's Mask taking place shortly after the end of Ocarina of Time).
    I don't put a lot of stock in Nintendo executives drawing timelines or confirm/denying theories.. I see that as Nintendo trying to cater to and establish a dialogue with the fan community. Basically I believe what I see in the games.

That being said, I do wonder whether this new 3DS game will truly be a direct continuation, or whether it will be a game set in the same world that makes no mention of Link to the Past, and could thus be seen as a "re-imagination" of that game.
    I'm thinking it will turn out to be the latter, as I feel that Nintendo wants to assume that most people who buy the game will be too young to have played Link to the Past.

Shattered Earth, coming soon!

Mappers needed. If you want to help, send a PM to MasterSwordUltima.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    Ya, Hyrule Historia made my mind go 'wtf?!' with its timeline. the third outcome that Nintendo pulled out of somebody's ass just made me think what they were on when they came to that conclusion that it would be a valid time split for OoT. I could go into a rant about my idea for the time line, but that's not what this topic is for, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I have to agree with you about the last part of your post Glenn. If its a direct continuation, there has to be some sort of plot that would make sense (Link DID kill Ganondorf at the end of LttP afterall and restore the Sacred Realm to its former glory with the Triforce) so unless Ganny somehow returns, I wonder how it would work. If its a re-imagining of LttP, that would, on one hand, be interesting. But on the other, that's like saying that the original LttP wasn't doen the way the wanted it to and only now are they able to do that. Kinda like with George Lucas and the re-releasing of the original Star Wars Trilogy with "enhancements" and extra scenes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.96%
    Well the GBC games demonstrate Ganon being ressurected without a Triforce and I don't think Spirit Tracks final boss is Ganon... so there's plenty of directions the game can go in.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    I haven't finished Spirit Tracks yet, but I'm pretty sure its an evil entity that isn't Ganny. I might have to check to be sure. And I forgot about the Ages games, though granted that's because I've only played them via emulator (that'll cahnge one they're released within the next month on the 3DS VC) and didn't get very far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.96%
    Question: Will this detail what Link's wish was when he touched the Triforce?
    Computer specifications:

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    Question: Will this detail what Link's wish was when he touched the Triforce?
    I thought the credits of aLttP did that.

The maidens were released, his uncle 'recovers' (by coming back to life), the boy with the bug-catching net gets over his illness (which was pretty extreme... he was bedridden for weeks), the barman's son comes back from the Dark World (and being a tree), the bully makes a friend, the Zoras sell more flippers (I don't know why Link wished for that, but meh), and the Master Sword goes back to sleep.

...Which makes you wonder if it was awake. Fi?

Thread Information