221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.25%
    Hesitant at first, I draw my greatsword and take a balanced stance. I enchant my weapon with a wood enhancement spell and tell the others to stay back.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    PASSIVE: Serene Mind makes it easier to dodge.
    ReACTION: I teleport behind ZATAKA and trip him sheathing my sword.

I fold my arms, frown and close my eyes for a moment.

You're too green warrior. Train hard Paladin there will come a time when we must fight again. Dont disappoint me.

I walk over to CECETTE i turn my head sideways and smirk. As promised you can keep the racist dwarf. But I am takin the this. She opens her hand to show a veridian stone.

I slam the stone in CECETTES Busom and she lets out a draconic roar.

Time to fly CECETTE.

Cecette changes shape and scales cover her body and she grows wings and before you know it the truth is revealed.

She is a dragon.

I hop her neck. Time to go love.

She take off leaving wreckage in her wake.

@CJC
    I went a little overboard forgive me.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.32%
    I watch calmly as the two fly away. I help Zataka to his feet and tell him not to worry. "She fell for the trap I had set." I open the secret compartment of my pouch, with my back to Evaine and the others, to show that I still have the viridian stone. Then I quickly close it. "I simply put a fake in the pouch to deter any thieves. She won't discover the deception for at least a day, and by the time she returns we will be gone from this place." I turn around and face Evaine. "What do you propose to do now?"
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    (Okay, hold up for a second)
    @Tamamo has broken the rules by controlling a locked character (Zataka is locked and under mrz84's control. By tripping him instead of attempting to trip him [preventing him the opportunity to react] the rules have been violated).

As @mrz84 is the wronged party, he may decide how much of Tamamo's post actually happens from the initiation of the trip. This is the only fair way to handle this situation.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.32%
    @CJC
    On that subject, Tamamo has also implied that she was able to steal the viridian stone from my Sancireph character (without ever coming near him). My last post reflects this, and my response to it. Unless mrz84 changes the outcome of what happened from Tamamo's last post, that still stands.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    @TheDarkOne
    You are correct. If mrz84 does not change the outcome of the action (or does not change the theft of the stone) then you too are entitled to adjusting the consequences (as you have already). I believe Tamamo was confused about who was actually holding the stone which may have led to this situation.

As a heads up to everyone, here's what's actually going on:

There are two Veridian Stones of Audamar, one which is bright green and one which is dark green. These two stones are actually two pieces of the same object: a dragon's pearl. More specifically, they are the light and dark halves of Cecette's dragon pearl, ripped from her generations ago by a team of wizards attempting to deal with the dragon problem. This draconic deconstruction was conducted before the tradition of the twelve schools of magic was formed, which is why Cecette was able to learn magic of many different specializations in her humanoid body and use them in tandem (controlling the warden as she did, as well as warding her study with runes and creating the ogres). Over the years and centuries the peoples involved in the formation of the Stones of Audamar faded into legend and the current denizens are unaware of their purpose.
    If the two stones were to make contact, Cecette's original pearl would reform and she would have access to her full power. Gaining possession of one, though, is enough to restore her dragon body. She WILL recover this capacity before the arc ends, though it is up to you the players whether she receives the stone in your care, Evaine's stone, or both. I know which stone is which and I just want to say two of the outcomes are worse than the third.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @CJC
    Actually CJC n my defense I flanked him I made the ASSUMPTION i had the element of surprise on my side guess not.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    Okay, there's no reason for anybody to be angry or surprised by this. It was inevitable that there would be a rules clash eventually and this gives us the opportunity to iron out these issues. I tried to avoid this situation earlier in the story when BigJoe was pursuing player-versus-player combat and the result was less than stellar.

I can see arguments for both possible outcomes of the trip and snatch:

In Granberia's favor, Zataka and Sancireph had been fighting ogres all day after a night of interrupted rest. They're exhausted and they were expecting an interrogation through bars, not an ambush. Additionally, as a dragonling Granberia would be able to sense the warmth of the stones.

In Zataka and Sancireph's favors, Zataka is a trained interdimensional paladin who has bested a dark lord in combat (and thus is likely used to fighting for hours without rest) and Sancireph is a perceptive fighter with many hidden pockets in his cloak.

We don't have impartial games of chance to determine who gets the upper hand, though, so we have one of two options: Players either assume their actions are successful and then their targets decide if some portion of that action requires retconning (I'm in favor of this option), or players take small single-move actions to await the reaction of their target. I believe the former is better, because it gives you the players banter such as "You TRY to trip me, but my tree enchantment roots my legs as you sweep kick at me. I then stab my sword through your shoulder." "You TRY to stab me through the shoulder, but I lean to my left and pull right in your face, grinning before I shove you to the ground." and so forth.

However it plays out, I'll have a way to keep the story from dissolving. I am very flexible.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @CJC
    Im with CJC we need rule clarification for PVP. And flanking. I'm curious how that works.

I agree with your prefered method. And vote for it

@mrz84
    Th reason i pulled that cheesy ass tactic on you is simple. You made Granberiathink she was being mocke when you casted your wood charm. I am a fire dragon. Ha you simply rushed.me it woul of been a fair fight until Sacrieph intervened and joined you do to my serene mind which he is all to aware of a he does all my cursed sword skills. Ha to do with th asimaar thing.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.25%
    *Dang lots happened while I was at work*

I'm not a fan of PvP, though I will not condemn such an option so long as we have proper rules in place. On that note, I vote for the former of your two options.

Also, I'd like to point out that the "Dark Lord" that Zataka fought required the intervention of the gods of his world. Had they not stepped in he would of lost, despite his valiant efforts. SO while he is a formidable opponent, he has been brought to his knees before now. (if you'd like CJC, we can discuss more of this via PM for future reference or whatever you may need to know)

As for the wood enchantment, it has proven to be flexible in combat, such as against the ogres where it twisted itself to damage them despite their efforts to dodge it. That is why I went with it instead of something more resistant to fire such as water (an element I have not tested yet in combat) or earth (which we all know creates a shockwave around me and could harm my allies) so I went with something I knew was useable instead of what would be risky at best (water as I'm unsure if its exact effects at this time) or completely unusable at worst (earth as it would harm my allies and possibly innocent civilians).

As for the actual combat, I will allow the tripping as Zataka is at this point without any rest for almost 2 days since the mansion adventure (his "dark lord" fight spanned a few hours at best for comparison), however he didn't have either veridian stone on him, nor were there actions describing the theft of either stone from either of their currently respective holders. I would accept such an outcome had the actions been mentioned with viable reasons (ie: Serene Mind could also allow the user to appear to move faster/leave after images to confuse the senses of those around them, making an attempt at either or both stones possible due to misdirection)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information