Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.14%

Re: Zodiac, the Side-Quest

I was thinking that C-Dawg probably had a good reason to not be around. That is a pretty good reason.

Congratulations!
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.08%

Huh, did you just edit an hour ago? Could that mean that there are new features? Hope so, I really want to see this quest finished... even if there's not any features, though, how are you doing on it?

Click here to level up my card, or be sacrificed... ^_^

Want to see Shattered Earth, AGN's RPG, back? Got a computer that is capable of running a server? PM me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Din View Post
    Huh, did you just edit an hour ago? Could that mean that there are new features? Hope so, I really want to see this quest finished... even if there's not any features, though, how are you doing on it?
    I just cleaned up a few things about features that are now completed, thats all.

As far as progress, well, it's slow. I'm still full of spit and verve, but I'm low on time and sleep. Once baby starts sleeping through the night, that should help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.87%
    Hi there.

Guess what I did today? I updated the scripts for this thing so it runs in latest beta. I don't have easy hosting at the moment, but if anyone wants a working file, I can provide it.

Who knows? Maybe I'll be motivated to continue working on this thing.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%
    Hey waddayuno, it's C-Dawg back from the abyss of real life. How's it hanging?

If you still need hosting you can just throw up the most recent version on here for now: http://filesmelt.com/simple/basic_upload (that's usually what I do.Just don't expect it will be there for an indefinite length of time.) It'd be interesting to see how the newbies fare against this vertical/side scroller, heh. Because of the *completion* of ZC 2.5 nobody does the "use beta version xxx" anymore, and rightfully so. I'm not even sure how many of them are still available for download.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.87%
    Well, like I said, it now works fine in the latest public version of 2.5. I'm working on it again, and I'm logging my progress over at PureZC for the most part. I might take you up on your idea for hosting. On a short term basis it at least lets people offer suggestions, check bugs, and take scripts if they want.

Also, have you updated that Ikaruga clone you were working on for 2.5? It wasn't as hard as I thought to do Zodiac. The only big changes were to DrawTile and Step. Each DrawTile command needed an additional variable added, since they broke scale into xscale and yscale, and each Step (you know, how fast a projectile is moving) needed to be increased by 100. I don't know why Step changed so much. Maybe to give people finer control over the speed of things? Your shooter was far superior to my shooting levels, so I'd hate to see that just fade away.

EDIT:
    I took Gleeok's advice, and now there's a download link.

http://filesmelt.com...date5-26-14.qst

I'll update OP too.
    Last edited by C-Dawg; 05-28-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.04%
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dawg View Post
    Well, like I said, it now works fine in the latest public version of 2.5. I'm working on it again, and I'm logging my progress over at PureZC for the most part. I might take you up on your idea for hosting. On a short term basis it at least lets people offer suggestions, check bugs, and take scripts if they want.

Also, have you updated that Ikaruga clone you were working on for 2.5? It wasn't as hard as I thought to do Zodiac. The only big changes were to DrawTile and Step. Each DrawTile command needed an additional variable added, since they broke scale into xscale and yscale, and each Step (you know, how fast a projectile is moving) needed to be increased by 100. I don't know why Step changed so much. Maybe to give people finer control over the speed of things? Your shooter was far superior to my shooting levels, so I'd hate to see that just fade away.

EDIT:
    I took Gleeok's advice, and now there's a download link.

http://filesmelt.com...date5-26-14.qst

I'll update OP too.
    Hey! Look who's not dead! I'll have to check out what you've got here. I missed a lot of ZC gold between a century ago and yesterday.

Here you go: http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...l=1#post898386

EDIT: Well I tried but... Protip: the ... in the url should only go in the link name not the actual link. ;D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.87%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post

EDIT: Well I tried but... Protip: the ... in the url should only go in the link name not the actual link. ;D
    Fair enough. Here you go.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/ZodiacUpdate5-29-14.qst

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%
    I always loved the artwork in this quest. SNES-esque Lifeforce meets Earthworm Jim meets Metroid.

There's also been a lot of improvements to scripting. Not so much the base engine or AST, but the exposed functionality and the utility libraries and functions. I wouldn't say you won't need workarounds for new behaviors anymore, but it's much easier now, in general, than it was way back then.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dawg View Post
    Last year I actually got around to doing just that. The quest can be found here: http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=429 It really needs another update though, since there is a pretty bad bug in it. What happens is if you die on the 1st Crystal Boss (After level 3) You continue at the last boss and skip Lv.4-5. I doubt anyone is good enough to beat it on the first try. So if you play it you'd need the password to see the later stuff.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.87%
    File updated again. Using a different host, because Filesmelt is crapping out on me.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/992f059a...te(6-1-14).qst

EDIT: New update.

http://www.solidfile...b8/ZodiacUpdate(6-4-14).qst

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/17c79d62...e_(6-8-14).qst

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/4c6a2679..._(6-21-14).qst

Also, at my current rate of progress, I should have a finished version of this quest by August. Probably will be a bit of a rough draft, but it's nice to see the end of the tunnel.

(Note: Distractions associated with my eldest child dealing with public school slammed the breaks on as I entered the final stretch. Will get back around to it eventually)
    Last edited by C-Dawg; 11-04-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information