Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%
    Here's one:

What if someone you know borrows your game for a day, pays the "used game fee" and installs it, then returns it back to you?

It seems like Microsoft is trying to eliminate physical copies of games on a system that will run mostly physical copies of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    So I'm browsing things with my laptop on the internet, and I see this thread. I check it out, and it reminds me of a system I saw back in 2000 or so about the "Infinti" - which was an automobile company I think - game console. It reminded me of that because of the 'must be online' feature that the infiniti console bolstered. It was 'high end.' Only richer people could buy one, because it was like $700 plus to start, and then monthly dues and whatnot, needless to say I never actually came across one ever, not sure if they even hit production, because I didn't even see one for sale..
    Although I do remember something about Florida.. Like they were going to sell mainly in the southeast US was the deal or something.. (as far away from MS corp as possible)

Anyway, I'm searching browsers, and this wouldn't be the first incident of this type in my life, I type in something, even something completely random, and an ad-lib site comes up that is a word-around with /U Your Idea Here /U in the midst of a prefabricated article all about your new idea being the biggest thing on the internet. I ranted about this already here at AGN, but the U.S.P.T.O. office states that by US law, the ORIGINATOR of the idea holds all rights and patents, trademarks, and copyrights to any utility or material good they made first, with or without a registration..

Anyway, after reading the X-box 1 article I type that in, and these articles are not directing me, nor could google produce front-page search results for the Infiniti game console, like it never existed, but is claiming that XBox is going to be named XBox Infinity. That's alright either way even if they didn't just steal another genius idea.. Except for that this time they're not even stealing my idea.. It was someone else's.

Edit: upon consideration of the facts, I would've actually recommended to the board that the system be dubbed the "XBox -2." I would've went with "-1" but I like to think that people should, if they must become immersed in video game land, never to return, due to stunning visual graphics that rival even the sweetest scents of the cherry blooms in the orchards next to the waterfalls, that they should at least depart from the rest of us in pairs.
    Dood.. we love you random-guy, but please, please insert some extra new lines in your posts. We just got a new shipment of them in so we are not going to run out any time soon!
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.8%
    Remember when some folks thought it was whack that the PS2 was allegedly going to have a Pizza Hut feature so you can get pizza while you game?

...seemed like an appropriate comment to add...

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.64%
    Well I already know that I don't like this console, I know when I heard about the fee for used games I hated this XB1, which let me add that the name is about stupid.
    Its like they took it 359 degrees backwards, which is retarded. <.<

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.8%
    Paying for used games/borrowing games/renting? games.

Must be connected to internet.

Kinect must be connected, and turned on.

No thanks. I'm not surprised that Wii U sales have gone up since this was announced.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...box-one-titles

Quick, somebody do something....We can throw some rocks.. or sharpen some sticks.. or something, right?
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    Paying for used games/borrowing games/renting? games.

Must be connected to internet.

Kinect must be connected, and turned on.

No thanks. I'm not surprised that Wii U sales have gone up since this was announced.
    My thoughts exactly. Also I posted this on page one, but here it is again in case you missed it: http://playeressence.com/amazon-uk-w...b_source=pubv1

Also, woot! my 5000th post!
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.64%
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroCrap
    Buy the way you want—disc or digital—on the same day: You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly.

Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

To ensure Xbox One works optimally and can offer the experiences described above, it is designed with the following networking requirements:

For an optimal experience, we recommend a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps. (For reference, the average global internet connection speed as measured recently by Akamai was 2.9 Mbps). In areas where an Ethernet connection is not available, you can connect using mobile broadband.

While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.

With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.
    Just some more info Microsoft releases, now its a perfect time to say the XB1 will suck.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.04%
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucksbox
    With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.
    Now I will certainly never own one of these.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%
    More news for the X1: http://www.gamespot.com//news/publis...sales-6409463?

I like how out of the 6 companies that have been reached out to for a comment, only EA and Activision are the only 2 that have said NOTHING about it so far.
    Makes me think they'll be on board with the idea 100% (I wouldn't be surprised if they had a hand in the idea)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%
    LOL. Flowchart explaining how the XBOXOne works:

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.c...-flowchart.jpg

Thread Information