1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.95%

Found a good SNES emulator for Android

SNES 9x EX+

It's free, no advertisements, no unnecessary app permisions. Most of the other ones I've seen have restrictions unless you purchase, such as can't save, or can save but can't load. This allows save states, and automatically saves upon exit, making it truly mobile friendly. I can play some Zelda while waiting in line at the grocery store, and quickly shut it down when it's time to go without worrying about losing progress. It runs most of the things I've tried. Looking forward to letting this occupy my idle time while out and about.

What do you guys think? Have anyone found any other decent emulator apps?
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.6%
    I'm on iOS, and I haven't jailbroken my phone. I'm thinking of going Android when my contract is up, but I haven't decided yet. Since I work in IT, I get free computer stuff a lot. I was able to get a decent desktop recently, so I bought an SNES to USB controller adapter and set up an emulation station on my TV. I had a spare HDMI enabled video card laying around, so I have SNES games in HD, and it doesn't look bad at all. I'm a bigger fan of playing games on the consoles they were meant to be on, but it's nice being able to play stuff that I don't have to shell out a fortune for.

I'll keep this emulator in mind if I do get that Android phone or go ahead and buy an Android tablet.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I'm on iOS
    The fact that you are willing to admit it is the first step to recovery.

I've been using this emulator for a while. It is by far the best SNES emulator for Android. I wish the ones for other systems were as good. GBA.emu is very good. I haven't really found an NES emulator that I really like. I also haven't looked that hard.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.6%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    The fact that you are willing to admit it is the first step to recovery.
    I get a lot of crap for having an iPhone, especially at work. My last smartphone was a Windows phone...before Windows phones used Windows 8. I had that for a long time. I actually got an NES emulator running on that thing. It's completely obsolete now so any information on that is probably worthless.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.51%
    Thats the same one my brother has on android tablet, I love playing snes on the go (I can do the same thing on the PSP... but its cooler on a tablet )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%
    I miss having an Android phone - had an NES emulator set up as well as connected my Wiimote to the thing using Bluetooth - kinda silly, I know, but it was fun to even just be able to do that.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Well this is amazing. It gives me slightly more of a reason to use the darn little 4" Android device I have. Thanks so much for the reference.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.95%
    I was hoping the author would have similar programs for other consoles and he does, but they all cost money. GBA.emu is one of them. Maybe I'll try one of them sometime, once I've exhausted my SNES stock. At the rate I play games on my cell phone, I expect that'll be in about 30 years....
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.54%
    Yes, I use SNesoid.

I tried GSNES, SNES9ex+, and a few others.

I'm just going to go ahead and say this, Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes has lines in the game and forums about it that declare that ZNES is required to play it correctly. I tried multiple emulators for android, SNES9ex+ does in fact freeze at the points when they described it would, but SNesoid doesn't.

SNesoid has save/load, frame rate fast forward that is is easy to activate/deactivate by a touch of two buttons really quick, and some other neat features.
    The only thing that it lacks is the rendering modes like SNESeX9 has like SuperEagle mode.

Anyway, SNesoid is preferable for those RPG type games when "level grinding" is in order.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Yes, I use SNesoid.

I tried GSNES, SNES9ex+, and a few others.

I'm just going to go ahead and say this, Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes has lines in the game and forums about it that declare that ZNES is required to play it correctly. I tried multiple emulators for android, SNES9ex+ does in fact freeze at the points when they described it would, but SNesoid doesn't.

SNesoid has save/load, frame rate fast forward that is is easy to activate/deactivate by a touch of two buttons really quick, and some other neat features.
    The only thing that it lacks is the rendering modes like SNESeX9 has like SuperEagle mode.

Anyway, SNesoid is preferable for those RPG type games when "level grinding" is in order.
    Unless SNESoid has received significant update since i quit using it(I doubt it considering how poorly it was supported while I was using it) I find this hard to believe. I don't know what you mean about save/load features but SNES9x EX has a fast forward feature with a button right on the top corner of the screen while you play. SNESoid and SNES9x EX are both ports of SNES9x. One would think they would both share the same emulation bugs. The difference is SNES9x is accurate, fast and true to the original community. SNESoid on the other hand had speed issues, forced linear filter, had frequent FCs and most importantly violated the license of SNES9x. I don't support anyone who takes advantage of the open source community, especially for their own financial gain.

Xyvol, I use GBA.emu(though, I didn't pay for it). For android there is nothing else that compares. I also use a PSX emulator that isn't free(also didn't pay) but I forget the name of it. This is all moot because I upgraded to a KitKat ROM and realized that Google still has not(or chose not) to fix Android's bluetooth and my wii remote won't work. I hate playing on a virtual gamepad. I may go back to android 4.1 and never leave it.

Thread Information