Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.94%

Could somebody please help me?

I have z quest editor ver2.5 for the mac, every time you start the editing program you are on screen 00, but when I put my quest on zelda classic it puts me on screen 86. This is really annoying because i pretty much skip 80% of my quest map. Some body please help me!

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.76%
    I'm not quite sure what you're saying, but...
    You need to make a dmap for your overworld, and set the continue screen. That's pretty easy. Just go into the DMap editor, pick the map you want, and set the continue screen.
    Then go into Init Data -> Misc and set the starting dmap accordingly. It's probably already set to the very first dmap, but check it anyway.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%
    Quote Originally Posted by callitaday View Post
    You need to make a dmap for your overworld, and set the continue screen. That's pretty easy. Just go into the DMap editor, pick the map you want, and set the continue screen.
    Then go into Init Data -> Misc and set the starting dmap accordingly. It's probably already set to the very first dmap, but check it anyway.
    Callitaday is correct. I'll go into more detail below, in case you're still having trouble.

It sounds like your game is defaulting to the original Zelda 1's starting screen, screen 86. Go to the Quest->Dmap, which will pull up a list of all the dmaps in the quest. Maps are just a collection of walkability flags and combos, but Dmaps tell the program how a map is supposed to function. You want to create an overworld map, so select one of the Dmaps and pick 'Edit'.

On the screen that pops up, you'll see a variety of different options and pull-downs. The option you want to work with is 'Continue', which is a text box that can accept hexadecimal numbers. Put in the number that corresponds to your starting screen (You can see it when you hover over that screen in the map), and make sure the Dmap type is set to 'Overworld'.

Finally, you need to tell the quest that this is the Dmap a new game is supposed to start on. Go to Quest->Init Data, then click on the 'Misc' tab. There's a pull-down menu that lets you select which Dmap the quest will check for starting position. It's easier to find the Dmap you want if you've named it, so be sure to do so when you're editing the Dmap.

Thread Information