User Tag List

Thread: Any one getting them Final Fantasy rereleases

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%

Any one getting them Final Fantasy rereleases

YOu know, the ones on steam?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    Not really. From my understanding they are the same ports as the ones on iphone/smartphone/whateverphonetheyareon, which to be perfectly blunt, look horrible in comparison to me with the "updated graphics" they supposedly have. Plus I already have them on PSP (FF Classics, FF4 Complete Collection, and FF5-9. I have FF3 for DS AND PSP) so unless something happens to those within the next decade or so, I'm gonna pass on them. Unless SE brings out a collection that includes all those games for consoles. Then I might spring for that. As long as it isn't the ports from iphone/whatever anyway.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.34%
    I found the FFV rerelease to be passable, but the FFVI rerelease looks kind of shoddy and I'm not so sure I want to get it because the game deserves a top notch remake.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.26%
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I found the FFV rerelease to be passable, but the FFVI rerelease looks kind of shoddy and I'm not so sure I want to get it because the game deserves a top notch remake.
    YES! They should give this game a remake like they did with FF4. However, it's unlikely that will happen as nobody is making DS games anymore, and remaking this game in 3D might be asking too much. I'd love to see a real remake of FFVI but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.09%
    I didn't know they remade VI. Is there a hard mode or some other settings to adjust on it? I'm guessing not. I bet the sprite work is good though.

edit: Oh noes. I was was wrong. It looks awful. D:

Last edited by Gleeok; 09-27-2015 at 06:17 AM.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.26%
    The character portraits for it look great, but the sprites suck big time. The GBA port was awesome, especially with the edited dialogue. This remains one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, especially because this is the first Final Fantasy game where the story doesn't revolve around the "four elemental crystals." (I know, Final Fantasy II doesn't either, but it was a long time before the US ever saw that game, so in my own personal experience, it was the first).
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    Final Fantasy VI is my favorite of the series. I have yet to play the GBA port of it though (I have the GBA port of IV as well a Dawn of Souls) despite that the additions to it interested me (I also haven't played the GBA port of V, which is one of the few games in the series I haven't finished, despite it being in my Top 5).

I do have to agree with Dark though. The portraits for the iphone/whatever games look nice, but that can't save it from the horrible mess of the sprites. I just can't look at them without wanting to bleach my eyes afterwords for some reason. That and the fact that on the iphone there is only touch controls. I would have tolerated use of a stylus over that (heck ya could probably use a stylus in theory I guess) but I just prefer a controller in my hands over a touch screen "controller" anyday.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information