User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZC 2.5 Warp return issue. Can't seem to find answers.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.38%

ZC 2.5 Warp return issue. Can't seem to find answers.

Hey everyone. I'm admittedly new, but I have tried to search for the answers before posting to no avail. I'm having an issue where if I have more than one cave on the screen, regardless of what warp entrance I use, they all dump out on to warp return A. I went in to Screen > Tile Warp and set A to return to A and B to return to B, but maybe I'm doing something totally wrong. Please help!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.73%
    Go to the screens that the caves are going to, Screen-> Tilewarp-> and set the map, screen, and warp return points from there to the screen that your multi cave situation is on.

x x z z x x x x
    x o x x x x x x
    x x x x x x x x
    x x x x x x x x
    x x x x x z x x

So if o is the multi-cave screen, you would need to go to the z screens (destination screens from the o screen) and set the tilewarp data on those screens to the map, screen, and proper warp return points.
    Since there are three of them, the first could be A, second B, third z C, or in any order.

Where on the o screen the warp return points are is set by moving the blue squares labeled A-D. The setting of which warp return point is used in each specific usage is determined by the screens that Link would be coming from in relation to the o screen's return points, the z screens.
    Last edited by Zim; 12-11-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.38%
    That's super helpful but I think I may have used the wrong word. Let me be more specific. The issue I'm having is actually the first screen. I want to have the door to the sword room (I said cave) in the same screen as where link spawns. He spawns on Warp Return A. He then should enter cave entrance B and return to warp return B when he leaves, but he returns to return A in the center of the screen, where he first spawns.

So to experiment, I made a screen north of that screen. 2 cave openings, cave entrance A and B. In front of each cave opening I put the corresponding warp return A and B. No matter which cave (or item room or whatever you would call it) link exits and appears on warp return A.

What am I doing wrong?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.73%
    Let me reiterate what I explained in different wording for you.

You must go to the 'cave' screen that Link goes to from the starting screen, the "Sword Screen," and set the return point data from the cave screen to Warp Return Point B.

It's the same with your 'experiment' screens, you must go to the screens that the two cave openings actually lead to, and set those screen's warp return points to A (which will by default be set to A already) and B's screen, the screen that the second cave goes to, to Use Warp Return Point B.

That means the screen's that AREN'T the starting screen and the screen above it, but the screens that they go to, respectfully.

I don't know what you're doing wrong. It sounds like you're just messing with me with how well you write and don't get this concept yet. Don't fret that though, the same types of things happened to me with ZC at first. It's a breeze once you get the hang of it though.

I wasn't being very clear in the example above that I wrote for you. To clarify, in the example, the TileWarp data tab would be accessed and set on the z screens leading back to the o screen, which would have all three z screens tilewarp data warping back to the o screen. This means that the TileWarp data must be set on/from the Z screens in the example map. ( the x x x x o x x z thing).

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.38%
    lol. I'm sorry. I assure you I'm not messing with you. I'm just absolutely brand new to this and have no idea what I'm doing, so as clear as your instructions were, they were well over my head. -_- sadly. So, I do now understand what you mean, I just thought that these item rooms were instances of one room located at bottom left corner of the map. So I wasn't (and still am not entirely) sure how to get to the instanced room without changing the rules of that room at the bottom left corner of the map. Don't yell! lol. I know it's probably super easy, and I honestly tried to google for answers. Maybe I'm just so dense that it's so easy, no one has ever had this problem, but I have experience with RPG maker and I'm usually not this dense.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.38%
    So, I tried to go to the cave screen or "sword screen" or whatever I was calling it by right clicking the cave entrance and clicking "Follow Tile Warp B" and I get a message telling me that "This Screen's Tile Warp B Is Set To Cave/Item Cellar, So It Doesn't Lead To Another Screen.

I'm probably making the Item rooms incorrectly. I feel really stupid, so I honestly apologize. On all tutorials ive read, It instructs to drop a cave warp opening. Then click Screen > Guy and select a guy to put in the cave. Then do the same with Room Type, Message String, and Special Items. And for every video I've seen, the cave will drop them at the corresponding Warp Return point that was placed outside of the cave. But these video's also all use a green square to indicate Link's starting position, which I know is now obsolete. I have the starting map location set in the settings and he appears at tile warp return square a. I just cant get him to not spawn there after getting the sword from the cave/item cellar.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.03%
    Quote Originally Posted by adamthezombie View Post
    So, I tried to go to the cave screen or "sword screen" or whatever I was calling it by right clicking the cave entrance and clicking "Follow Tile Warp B" and I get a message telling me that "This Screen's Tile Warp B Is Set To Cave/Item Cellar, So It Doesn't Lead To Another Screen.
    You are using NES Caves? I am pretty sure you can have only one NES cave per screen. You wont be able to follow the warp because technically NES caves don't go to a real screen. If the cave entrance combo you are using is tile warp B, go to menu Screen->Tile Warp and click tab B and set the Use Warp Return to B.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.38%
    Ah, I see. So, how can I put the Item room in the same screen Link original spawns at without him exiting the item room and landing on the original spawn point? Or do I need to make that cave in a different location?

Also, If people aren't using NES caves, as you called them, for item rooms, what do people use? Different spaces on a different DMap?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.03%
    He should return to the Return Point for whatever warp he entered the NES Cave from.

A lot of people use actual screens for "guy rooms." There is more flexibility but each separate "cave" uses it's one screen instead of recycling the same screen.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.73%
    You were on the right track going to the cave screen, TileWarp, and Use Tile Warp Return Point B.
    You'd just also have to set the other data from Cave to Entrance/Exit on the sword screen also, otherwise the game will think that you're going from a cave to another cave.

Thread Information