Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    @Zim we aren't on-topic Nazis.

You guys keep saying this is possible but it doesn't prove it. If you wanna whip out an NES and a camera and provide some proof then by all means. This exploit isn't listed anywhere and I have never even seen it discussed outside of ZC communites.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    @Zim we aren't on-topic Nazis.

You guys keep saying this is possible but it doesn't prove it. If you wanna whip out an NES and a camera and provide some proof then by all means. This exploit isn't listed anywhere and I have never even seen it discussed outside of ZC communites.
    Oh, I thought we were. j/k. lol

I gave away my last NES for next to nil and I can't do that at the moment.. I'll just have to take my own word for it!

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Actually, I think it may of been a zc-only bug a long time ago, I can't really remember - maybe some drain-counter/game-counter mix-up or something. As far as whether you can cheat the rupee counter on the NES version, I have no idea.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    Just to inject my 2 cents: I don't know if it's possible on NES or not, but I seem to remember that if you were to save/quit during the countdown, then start up on a different save, it would start to deduct from that other save. So that would make me think that (in theory) the rupees are still considered "there" while being subtracted. IOW, I expect that you could exploit that at least on the blue ring shop. But buying bombs? No way, they're only 20, no way you could do it that fast.

EDIT: (I could be remembering it wrong, though. I know on Zelda 2 if you quit while you were getting the count-up experience from defeating a palace, you could save/quit and have it add that do a different save file. Just knowing that could be clouding my memory.)
    Last edited by Imzogelmo; 08-28-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    Thanks. That's all I needed to know. Gonna start on it this afternoon.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.12%
    I'm sorry, but I have to throw in the towel for this contest. At the rate I'm working at, which I'm sure is my maximum, I won't finish it on time and I may end up getting burnt out on ZC if I push myself too far.
    The Legend of Zelda: Zelda's Last Wish.
    Progress: 99% complete. (Overworld: 100%, Dungeons: 99% overall).
    ETA: Pending.
    Beta/Demo: Out now!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to throw in the towel for this contest. At the rate I'm working at, which I'm sure is my maximum, I won't finish it on time and I may end up getting burnt out on ZC if I push myself too far.

Sorry to see you go. Is it the October deadline that's impairing your ability to participate? Any which way, thank you for sticking with it as long as you did.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Sorry to see you go. Is it the October deadline that's impairing your ability to participate? Any which way, thank you for sticking with it as long as you did.
    It's not just the October deadline, its also that I may end up getting burned out. At the time I quit, I was getting a small level and a half done a week and that was me at my peak and I had optimal conditions going for me. Additionally, my life catching up with me affects my ability to work in ZC.

Before I quit, I completed Level 3 and made it partway through Level 4. I had some neat concepts going too!
    The Legend of Zelda: Zelda's Last Wish.
    Progress: 99% complete. (Overworld: 100%, Dungeons: 99% overall).
    ETA: Pending.
    Beta/Demo: Out now!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    A question regarding 5th's accessing. Other than the standard way to unlock it (whatever it will be decided to be), how about for a tribute to Dark Nation by having his name be the password (like for 2nd quest in the original) to access it? Just a thought, don't have to do it really. Just thought it would be something nice to do.

Anyway, back to quest making in time for deadline...
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.45%
    Hang on, when this contest started the deadline was November 5th.

I'm running a collaborative thread on Talking Time to finish a quest we hope to enter into this contest. November 5th was the agreed-upon deadline and bumping it forward without warning simply leaves us with not enough time.

We have to assemble all nine dungeons and an overworld, and do thorough testing to make sure the difficulty is even, there are no bugs or exploits, and everything follows the rules laid out and keeps to the spirit of a NES Quest.

In my opinion, the shortened deadline is completely biased in favor of lone authors who are so entrenched in this engine that they can bang out a finished quest, yet spend almost no time on QA. I assume that happens after the deadline passes, but it necessarily takes a group of people longer to build and test for consistency. (We have about three guys so far.) And a good QA process is very important because last time we had this contest, we wound up with the Fourth Quest, which has this situation in it.

That one Black Moldorm never stays dead and is revisited by the same player several times more during that video series. But that's not all, elsewhere in the dungeon he gets trapped in a situation where he's missing a key and can't escape without resorting to the Continue screen.

Thread Information