Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.8%

Zelda 3DS Anybody?

I'm ashamed at all of you, for not posting this before me. I mean, this is THE home of Zelda Classic - I thought you guys would be going nuts over this.

And it's based on LTTP of all games too. That's the FF6 of Zelda games, isn't it? I dunno. But what I do know is, this three dimensional layering mechanic looks like fun. The chalk-zone wall thing looks, eh, I dunno. I don't hate it, but it looks like it'll be a annoyance. Everything else looks pretty neato - back to top-down view and everything.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.86%
    It did look good. If anyone didn't see the news yet here is a link the article with a video that shows a few seconds of game play:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...intendo-direct

I am excited about a few games now. The Yoshi's Island game looks great in the few seconds they showed, but also coming to the Virtual Console... Earthbound!

EDIT: Here is another link that has a video with more footage.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...r-nintendo-3ds

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%
    I didn't know about it until about 1 hour ago. And then my head exploded. I'm still cleaning the walls.

As for Earthbound, its coming to the VC..............................on Wii U only (thus far) so if I wanna play it, I'll have to get a Wii U OR get a working copy of the SNES cart on ebay, both for about the same price. Granted I do want to get a Wii U, I'm holding out on it until either a price drop or more games come out, because, to be blunt, it has only a few games for it right now I want that ONLY it has. Kinda like how I don't have a PS3 yet for those same reasons, except for the PS3, those are ALMOST all Disgaea games (3, 4, and the upcoming D2 sequel to the original)

The Yoshi's Island game looks pretty good. I'll wait until more info is released before letting my brain explode again.

And then there's the Animal Crossing stuff. I know I was already going to get the game, but that XL bundle looks tempting as my original 3DS is starting to get a little ragged. Both cosmetically and control wise (sometimes the L and R button take more than one press to respond, but that probably is a downside to playing the shit out of Kid Icarus Uprising) and might save up for that and do a system transfer and keep the 1st 3DS for streetpass/spotpass/whatever purposes unless one of my younger brothers want it AND will play it on a regular basis.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.04%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    The chalk-zone wall thing looks, eh, I dunno. I don't hate it, but it looks like it'll be a annoyance. Everything else looks pretty neato - back to top-down view and everything.
    I agree with you here. The last thing the Zelda series needs is a shitty gimmick. How does that add to the gameplay?

Also, if you didnt post about this I wouldnt have heard of it.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    How does that add to the gameplay?
    From the looks of it, its for getting around certain areas in dungeons. It might have other uses we haven't seen yet or where/how it came from/works exactly. For all we know its an item like those magnets in 4 Swords for getting around areas you otherwise couldn't. We'll just have to see as more comes to light or whenever the game is released, whichever comes first.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.89%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I agree with you here. The last thing the Zelda series needs is a shitty gimmick. How does that add to the gameplay?
    You should know by now that it wouldn't be a Nintendo game if it didn't carry some shitty gimmick.

In all seriousness, the last several Zelda games have been heavily criticized for not bringing anything new to the table.
    While I think the Zelda formula is fine, and that recent games have suffered more from lack of content, poorly-designed/too-easy dungeons, annoying NPCs, and just casualized kiddification in general, I can't fault them for trying to do something new.
    The chalk thing doesn't look too bad... it could have been much worse, you know. At least we aren't having to shout into the microphone this time around (maybe that's a future announcement?)

I don't like how Reggie refers to the graphics as being cartoon-like.
    When I was an 8-year-old playing Link to the Past for the first time, I didn't see the game as cartoon-like. I saw it as a downright serious epic, on the level of the original Conan, that was rendered in the most cutting edge technology available to gamers at the time. Links little pixelized face was saying "Shit has hit the fan and I'm on a mission. If I fuck this shit up I am going to die."
    Needless to say I'm bracing myself for the kid-Link sound effects every time I swing my sword, and the homosexually-suggestive moaning from Tingle.

I think the game has great potential, but I hope that Nintendo takes the feedback from old-school fans like myself seriously. Apparently grown Japanese men are really into the gripes mentioned above, so maybe I should be happy to take what I can get. It's been over 21 years, after all.

Shattered Earth, coming soon!

Mappers needed. If you want to help, send a PM to MasterSwordUltima.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%
    I agree with Glenn. On several points, actually, but the one I'm talking about is the sound effects. One of the biggest things that annoyed me about the re-release of A Link to the Past was the constant grunting that he made every time he swung the damn sword! Seriously, throw in a random number generator and have him grunt like, once every forty swings or something. Not every swipe of a deadly weapon has to be accompanied by an exclamatory shout.

This is the first I'm hearing of this game, though. Well, the second, actually. Operation Moonfall linked to a Nintendo vote for which the fans would like more: an aLttP sequel or a remake of MM. Looks like the first one won.

The graphics look pretty good, actually, but I don't intend to buy a new system (even a hand-held), so I'm never going to play it.

As for Zelda gimmicks, I loved the concept of the Dominion Rod in Twilight Princess, but after the Temple of Time it got relegated to 'Bomb Plus', serving little purpose other than moving statues off of switches. I swear, there's only like three Dominion puzzles that are legitimately PUZZLES in the whole world map, and even those are laughably simple. And in the dungeons to follow? Not a whiff of Dominion usage (but that's going into another issue I had with Twilight Princess, the complete failure to extend the complexity of dungeons by forcing tool interaction... a feature only the final dungeon embraces [and barely at that] ).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.74%
    Holding off on more information, but I'm definitely interested. this might be the last push I need to finally get a 3DS.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.68%
    I'll end up getting this. I bought a 3DS a couple months ago for the Virtual Console. I agree that I really don't want to hear kid Link grunts throughout the game. It's so annoying.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.8%
    Wait...are you serious!? They chose Lttp over Majora's Mask!? The Majora's Mask fanbase is overwhelming, I would not have predicted Lttp to win. I would much rather have Majora's Mask expanded on. Termina is a down-right fascinating place.

Thread Information