1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    Huh, I hadn't noticed any screen scratching; is that for standard 3DS only? I've got a black 3DS XL.

I like the concept of the 2DS. The 3D is neat, but no game I've played requires it, and the novelty does wear off after a while. I only turn it on once in a while now. For someone on the fence, a 2DS is probably the best option.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliem View Post
    Huh, I hadn't noticed any screen scratching; is that for standard 3DS only? I've got a black 3DS XL.
    Its only for the Standard 3DS, its pretty bad flaw. through you can fix it with some hot glue on the little rubber things on the top screen and it'll keep the screens apart at the perfect distance to make sure that the issue never happens again.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    Only scratches I ever had on my standard 3DS were from playing TWEWY (I loves me those swipey pin combos).

On another note...technically the 3DS can play GBA games. But its really only VC, and even then its not everybody who can play them (Ambassador's Program, nya!) but I am hoping GBA VC on 3DS is something that's publicly released this year. I mean, they're doing on the Wii U (in Japan) next month and later this year...why not the 3DS? makes perfect sense to me.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.27%
    Cons: The standard version is too small to comfortably fit in my hands but the XL is too expensive to be worth buying, the top screen seems "loose", a very minimalist virtual console, DS games not using the 3DS' network settings. Sorry but I refuse to change my wifi's security settings just because the DS did not support WPA2. Streetpass sucks should you not live in a major metropolitan area. In the two years that I've had my 3DS I have had exactly one hit (my wife's 3DS), regardless of where I took my system.

Pros: The 3D can be turned the fuck off, the system has a sizable backlog of DS, DSi (with limited DSi functionality), and 3DS games. What few games the virtual console has are generally fairly decent, if not great (the GB/GBC Zelda games). Hopefully we get some GBA games on there as well. Being able to buy digital versions of 3DS games is also pretty nice should my local Wal-Mart not have the physical copy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.24%
    Pros:
    Inamuza Eleven

Cons:
    How can there be any cons when you have Inamuza Eleven?

But seriously, I highly recommend a 3DS XL. Yeah it's expensive, but I think you can get one that comes with a game for around 190.00 if you shop around.

Like others have said, there are fantastic games such as Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Bravely Default. If you are a fan of 2D Zelda games, A Link Between Worlds is possibly the best Zelda since ALTTP and it's pretty much a flawless game so that alone might be worth it. Additionally you have donkey long country returns which is a port of one of the better wii games and for my money one of the best 2d platformers ever created. Also again, inazuma eleven. Also, super mario land, ocarina of time 3d (worth it just for the graphical overhaul and a few tweaks), pokemon x/y, pushmo, mario kart, etc.

Smash brothers is coming soon. So is Project X and Mario Golf. Also possibility of Dragon Quest VII!!!!

And did I mention Inazuma Eleven?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    I only have OoT and Super Mario 3D Land for my 3DS. I really like it, I just always want to buy newer games for my PS3 instead. The two games I do own were really good. I still haven't completely finished Mario ,but I pick it up from time to time and play a few levels.

The BEST thing about my 3DS? I have NES Mega Man games, River City Ransom, Kirby's Adventure, Castlevania games...oh man! As a retro gamer, having a device that lets me play NES games on the go is amazing. Also, the screen is small and the resolution is high, so NES games have NEVER LOOKED BETTER! I love my 3DS for this feature alone.

My verdict is buy one, because you can always download cheap virtual console games if you don't feel like shelling out 40 to 50 bucks for a new 3DS game but want something else to play on it.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    I've decided I'm going to purchase a 3DS (probably the XL model) within the next month or so.

I weighed the pros and cons in this thread and from my own observations and I think that I'll get a lot out of the system.

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.37%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    I've decided I'm going to purchase a 3DS (probably the XL model) within the next month or so.

I weighed the pros and cons in this thread and from my own observations and I think that I'll get a lot out of the system.
    If you get a 3DS, DEFINITELY get an XL.

The bigger screen is a godsend and I can't imagine playing on a smaller screen now. Plus, it's got longer battery life than the regular 3DS, which is another godsend.

If you get a 3DS , get the XL. Way way better IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

templerun
    i like 3DS because of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Thread Information