@James24 : You had to go into level 3 first (bottom left corner) to get the arrow, and then buy the bow from one of the shops. With that you can enter level 1. Technically, levels 2 and 3 are "complete", but level 1 is the only one set in stone. I tried to add a lot of hints towards "you need to enter level 3 first", but ultimately I think I failed at showing it to the player.

I also really don't agree with type A/type B, simply because the two aren't black and white, they almost always overlap. Most challenge players I know like pretty things, and they also like challenge. It's the reason why things like Armageddon Quest and Isle of Rebirth are so popular with them. I think it's better to split them into two groups: determined, and relaxed. Determined players will commit themselves to beating challenge quests, partly for bragging rights, partly for the challenge, and partly because they're completonists at heart and cannot stand a loss. Relaxed players are more easygoing, and are able to drop something if they don't like it, unlike a determined player who will keep on going at the challenge unless it's complete garbage.

The difference is, both type of players will sometimes act more like the other group. This is why you drop quests you find too easy: that's the "relaxed" player kicking in. It's also the reason why relaxed players are able to beat and like Isle of Rebirth: because the determination kicks in. Sometimes, a relaxed player who plays a hard quest goes into determination mode and never comes out: they've become a determined player, and sometimes a determined player gets lazy, drifts away from videogames, and becomes a relaxed player. This is why I feel type A/type B is incorrect; because it assumes it's locked at birth, when in reality it' more of a state of mind that mot people are accustomed to, but can change with enough of a push. It's also why you try to make your challenge quests inviting: because it allows for the conversion of relaxed players to determined players. Some of the best challenge quests out there, like Isle of Rebirth, start out tough, but not too tough, but then grows more and more challenging until it's teeth-grindingly difficult; and that's why both types of people like IoR: because it's successful, at least temporarily, at converting a relaxed player to a determined player. Everything in IoR is designed around this, and that's why it's so beautiful.