219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    I am concerned about the wizard's intentions--it seems he is evil but his motives remain unclear. I do not trust his words, and I tell my companions that I think the wizard may be luring us into a trap. I am uncertain if we should do as he suggests.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.35%
    "The mansion is most certainly trapped, the wizard enjoys watching people fall for them. However, I fear the only way we will gain any answers is by speaking to him. I suggest we carefully make our way there." I help guide my companions past/though the darkspace portals, back to the greenhouse.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    @mrz84 , @TheDarkOne , @Xyvol
    Zataka, Sancireph, and Malichor, you make your way out of the pumpkin patch at MALICHOR's lead, fully aware that the mansion promises even more peril than you've encountered. You see several more werewolves as you make your escape; no doubt they are others who fell for the ruse in the patch or even just wandered into the wrong place. With ZATAKA's careful planning, though, you manage to avoid direct conflict. Back at the greenhouse, SANCIREPH explains the bloody means through which WRAITHWOOD is cultivated (while carefully tiptoeing around the Aasimar part).
    Going back to the mansion entrance, you find the front door is AJAR. The room beyond has a fifteen-foot drop, a ledge to doors on the LEFT and RIGHT, as well as a vine hanging from the CHANDELIER. A man is on the couch in the lobby below, napping in tattered dark clothes. He might look like a cat burglar, but who takes a nap while they're robbing somebody?
    What do you do?

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, you've dozed off on the couch. You hear a noise from above. Squinting but maintaining the illusion of unconsciousness, you peek to see three figures standing in the doorway you plummeted from earlier. What do you do?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    Noticing that I have been spotted I recall the layout of the room with my eyes closed. I chastise myself silently for thinking I could be so neglectful for even a moment to nap off the ache. Through squinting eyes I take in the look of the new-comers. Clearly they aren't the owners and whomever they are I don't want to butt heads with them. I take a half second to absorb the details of their appearance that I can gleam from here then get up, keeping sure that only my cloak can be seen and calmly walk toward the far door as if I haven't noticed them and that I belong right where I am. Passing through the door I immediately reverse my cloak that had been turned to the outdoor camouflage to the slightly nicer looking black. I fold in the hood and try to get a bearing on just what sort of place I am dealing with. Hopefully if I come across that trio again I will not be recognized.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    Taking in the layout of the room, I attempt to devise several outcomes of various scenarios that could occur. I pick the one with the greatest chance of success and inform my comrades of our options to best proceed. I ask if either of my comrades has rope or a grappling hook we could use to descend safely to the floor below. The ledges seem like they would be difficult to traverse with my heavy armor, so I suggest we ignore them for now. As for the fellow on the couch, I try to take note of his appearance, but he seems difficult to make out. If we encounter him again, I advise that we be on our guard, though he seems to not be in league with the hedge wizard. He could prove to be an ally, if the right incentive is given.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.35%
    Suspicious of a possible hedge wizard trap with the vine hanging from the chandelier, I decide to create my own way down. Taking out a handful of paper I inscribe the same rune on each. I then toss them down the hole. As they float down, they adhere to the walls at various intervals and harden to stone, creating handholds to climb down with. At the bottom, I beckon my companions to follow.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    I follow Malichor's way down, then suggest we follow the dark-clad man through the same door from which he left the room. If he is a potential ally, it would be wise to join with him as soon as possible, before falling prey to any of the mansion's other traps. Conversely, if he is an enemy, we should make sure he does not impede our progress. I don't want to kill a man in cold blood, but I will defend myself and my companions is he proves violent.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    @SUCCESSOR
    Reven, taking your nonchalant glance, you spot a PALADIN, a MAGE, and what appears to be a HIGHWAYMAN. They seem more concerned with the peril of the sudden drop than with you. You calmly cross the lobby, shuffling your feet in such a way that your movements are silent. It is almost as if you are a specter, some phantom drifting through; from nowhere, to nowhere.
    Opening the far door, you find yourself in the AVIARY. Exotic birds abound, perching around the room. But it's odd... shouldn't there be more... leavings... on the floor? The room is surprisingly clean.
    You reverse your cloak, tucking in the hood as you look around. There's a SPIRAL STAIRCASE leading up and down, and a DESK with various notes and illustrations, no doubt about the BIRDS. The papers are yellowed and old, though not soiled by the birds.
    You feel the cold shiver of stairs upon you. Looking around, you notice that every one of the birds is looking at you. You decide to play a game, stepping back and forth and seeing how the birds react. They look away, as if to pretend they weren't watching, but you can see they're still keeping their attention on you. What do you do?

@mrz84
    Zataka, you assess the risks of each situation. The fall is too chancy given your heavy armor, you might break a bone in the landing. Likewise, the ledge is not wide enough to safely navigate. You ask SANCIREPH if he has a grapple and he retrieves one from his pack. You hook the thing to the knocker on the door and prepare to swing down into the lobby. Malichor stops you, however, insisting there is a safer way down and summoning a set of rock-climbing grips along the wall. Using the two, you successfully descend to the lobby. There's a door in FRONT of you, one to your RIGHT, and one to your LEFT (where the man on the couch drifted out like a specter). What do you do?

@Xyvol
    Malichor, before the SOLDIER goes through all the effort of descending with the grapple, you construct a set of granite grips for your descent through careful application of PAPER MAGIC. When you reach the bottom, you realize it would have been easier to make some STAIRS, but too late for regrets. There are three doors before you, with the one on the LEFT being the one that the cloaked couch man departed through. As you go to approach that door, you hear SINGING from the door on the other side of the room. Odd, but not unexpected in a place like this. It seems to be coming from the door on the RIGHT. What do you do?

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, the SOLDIER ZATAKA asks you for a grappling hook and you are happy to oblige. MALICHOR then constructs a set of climbing stones and the three of you descend into the lobby. You set out to pursue the COUCH NAPPER, but upon reaching the door he used to depart you find it is LOCKED. There are two other doors on this level, one to your RIGHT and one across from where you climbed down. A rat walking on its hind legs is moving towards the latter. After what happened in the pumpkin patch, you can't help but feel that this is the hedge wizard's intervention once more, and indeed you feel the shiver of an incredibly powerful presence as you focus your attention on the vermin beast. What do you do?

(I know Friday's update was late. Since everybody responded so quickly, I put in a bonus response. Normal schedule should resume this week, with an update on Tuesday)

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    I point out the rat's odd behavior to my companions, and also report that the door the mysterious man left through is locked. I ask Malichor if he perhaps possess any type of magic for opening locks (such as a Knock spell, in AD&D terms). I doubt we can try to pick the lock or break it--it is almost certainly a lock of a magical nature.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    Weighing our options, I'd prefer to find the cloaked man as soon as possible. If only to find the nature of his presence. However that rat is suspicious. I re-enchant my blade with fire and keep a vigil while my comrades try to make headway on the left door, if even possible.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information