User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anybody *not* use big mode for the ZC player?

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I agree with you 100% if there is no benefit. Buy if not supporting it makes refactoring simpler and maintaining the code easier, so when Windows 15 launches next year its easier to refix full screen mode for it, then I'm all for it.
    Obviously, so would I; but until we move away from Allegro 4 entirely, I don't think that supporting it is a practical issue. At present, the plan is to move to ag4.4.x--which still supports this resolution--and to go from there towards something else--and what this might be is as yet, undecided, at which point supporting some of these old features may need to be rethought.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    obviously supporting it is being rethought right now. I don't take DD for a person who asks a question that's answer is irrelevant. Unless someone rewrites ZQ from scratch I think allegro 4.4 is what is going to stay. (God knows zq should be rewritten from scratch.)

Is it worth supporting a feature if @Gleeok is the only person that is ever going to use it? Sorry, Gleeok, you don't get a vote. JK.

Honestly I don't care unless the benefit of nixing it is really worthwhile, but I can keep arguing about it for as long as you like. I find it enjoyable.
    Last edited by SUCCESSOR; 01-04-2017 at 07:03 PM.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Well if it ever comes down to more work being put into ZQuest and more work having to support small mode as well then I would just get rid of it. I was just saying that having it default to scale=2 is easier (and less error prone) than ripping out the small mode code, but I guess just disabling small mode would work as well.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Well if it ever comes down to more work being put into ZQuest and more work having to support small mode as well then I would just get rid of it. I was just saying that having it default to scale=2 is easier (and less error prone) than ripping out the small mode code, but I guess just disabling small mode would work as well.
    I figured if removing it to refactor would help then doing it would be a good idea and putting it back in wouldn't be much of an ordeal (could it?) if it turned out to be an issue.

Thread Information