User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Link Shield Issue 2.50.2

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    I couldn't reproduce it either Lelouch Vi Britannia, that's why we played 20 questions for a bit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    Since I can't get it to work, I'm going to assume that this could be a PEBKAC error. That said, what are all the steps one must take to make a shield work, and I'll see if I missed something important.
    Lost my wings and grew 8 tentacles... I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going....

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouche Vi Britannia View Post
    Not sure how I would do that.
    Option One
    If you are on PureZC--I do not recall seeing you therre under this username--you may open a project for the quest. Make it private, upload the quest file as a 'download demo' and add @Saffith , and me, as 'advisor' category staff. From there, we can access it easily. You may also want to add @Dimentio , @Gleeok , and @Grayswandir if you go with this option, as that could net faster results. The quest would only be something that advisers (that accept the invitation) can download, so you aren't sharing it with the world. It is therefore, the most 'secure', in terms of people later inadvertently stumbling on it.

Option Two
    If you use Skype, you may send the file to me directly, and I will (1) examine it, and (2) propagate it to @Saffith , and everyone else involved with ZC development and bug eradication, by uploading it to a server that we can all access easily. This has moderate security, as only a few of us know the path to where I will place the file, and it won't be easy to stumble upon, but spidering/indexing enginesmight crawl it and it could pop up in search results, although this is a very low probability.

Option Three
    If you wish to send it to me by e-mail, send me a PM, and I will give you an email address; and follow the same parameters as Option One; to distribute it and test it. The security would be identical to Option Two.

Option Three
    You can hop on over to the insomnia247.nl IRC channel, and ask for a free server account. That'll give you a decent chunk of real server space, that you can use for anything. You can then upload the file with FTP or SSH/SFTP, and alert us to it.

The up-side to this, is that you could build an entire website for your quest, but the downside is that getting someone to open the account is neither guaranteed, nor always expedient. It is however, a fantastic little community, and if you enjoy IRC, you might want to hop on over tot he channel just to introduce yourself, and meet the others. That way, if you later do want server space, you are far more likely to get it. This has flexible security, as you will be able to define things, such as .htaccess files, and require custom authentication.

Option Four
    You could use a file-sharing site, and either (1) PM the URL (link to the file) to all of us (indicated above), or (2) and post a URL here in the thread. Of these sub-choices in Option Four, (2) is this is the least secure, as anyone will be able to download it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    Opted for Option 1 but it won't let me put the quest up until I have 10 posts... Silly rules. I'll look over the Forum there later and see if I can't find anything to contribute. Till then, I'm going to back burner the shield for now. Its not integral this phase of quest building anyway.
    Lost my wings and grew 8 tentacles... I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going....

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    I suspect using a quest project for that would be frowned upon, anyway. It's not really meant to be a general file sharing system.

Since I can't get it to work, I'm going to assume that this could be a PEBKAC error. That said, what are all the steps one must take to make a shield work, and I'll see if I missed something important.
    I doubt it. There's not much to it. Set the class and level, make it an equipment item, and it should work. Anything beyond that is just settings.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    I double checked the tile offset setting as well. Still showing up shield-less when I try.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    Try changing it to something else and see if it does what you'd expect. Also, try changing the tile offset on one of the other shields and see if that doesn't work.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    Changed offset to 780 (setting for Mirror Shield): Link has Mirror Shield visible as expected
    Changed offset to 520 (setting for Magical Shield): Link has Magical Shield visible as expected
    Changed offset to 1040 (setting for new shield): Link not showing a shield equipped despite all sprites provided on the page

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%
    Changed offset to 780 (setting for Mirror Shield): Link has Mirror Shield visible as expected
    Changed offset to 520 (setting for Magical Shield): Link has Magical Shield visible as expected
    Changed offset to 1040 (setting for new shield): Link not showing a shield equipped despite all sprites provided on the page
    Are these the numbers shown on the screen of the item editor whenever you look at the box that says Link Tile Modification(LTM) or the cumulative amounts of these three items LTM's?

As I recall, LTM's are cumulative. Which means if 520 is Magical Shield and 780 is Mirror Shield the actual LTM for the Mirror Shield is 1300.

I don't know if this is the source of the problem, but nobody had suggested it yet so I thought I should check to see if you had thought of this little wrinkle.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    Well, 260 is the offset for normal shield, 0 is shield-less. Therefore...

260 + 260 = 520 (Magic Shield)
    520 + 260 = 780 (Mirror Shield)

Ergo, 780 + 260 should theoretically equal custom shield as that syncs up with the tile numbers within the same pattern, 1040 in this case. What you're suggesting doesn't make sense in this case but I'll try it anyway...

*runs test*

... Now I'm even more confused. Link has the small shield with a 1300 offset... Let me see something here

*runs back to editor*

And I just figured out the issue. The quest is set up to use Z1 link animations, I set the page up for Z3 animations which was a lot more work and the animation style wasn't synching up. In fact an offset of 1040 was (wait for it) BS Zelda version Link... shieldless....

I have a lot of work to do to correct this now, but at least the mystery is solved. My new offset is 3120 and I have to redo the animation page.

MODS: Please feel free to close this thread as solved.

Edit: Oddly though, under sprites-> Link setting the default for Z3 seems to show errors in the sample animations, there are a lot of black out spaces for some reason. Maybe I should look into this instead....

Final Edit: Shield is now working. Thanks to everyone for your help.
    Last edited by Lelouche Vi Britannia; 03-27-2016 at 09:58 PM. Reason: As a side note....

Thread Information