User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zelda Classic 2.53.0 ( Beta 10 )

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%

Zelda Classic 2.53.0 ( Beta 10 )

Here is Zelda Classic 2.53.0 Beta 10 for Windows

Updated 2nd October, 2017 at 16:22GMT with --fixdrawint --fixgamecombo

Here is ZC 2.53, Beta 10, which fixes the following, over the last major beta build:
    • Doors on dungeon maps when using diagonal movement, nor operate more smoothly.
      • This includes some slight adjustments to ensure that if the left and right doors have a solid obstacle in front of them, that Link cannot open them around the obstacle.

• Fixes the issues with Link in water, flying through land tiles when he is hit by his own weapons.

• Adds additional filetyles to the Import Script dialogue (.zh, .zs, .zlib, .zscript), in addition to the extant .z extension.
      • This will make it easier to use the import dialogue for header files, and other filetypes.
      • Note: We purposely avoided showing files with an extension of .txt, as to avoid making the use of .txt for a ZScript filetype some kind of absurd, and lazy standard.

• The use of .zs, .zlib, and .zscript, are to aid in the filetype conflict for .z, which is used for ZLIB Archive files on *nix systems.

• Fixes an issue where scrolling warps with different DMap IDs for source->dest, do not show a map that Link does not have; and that ZC does not show an incorrect map, on the passive subscreen.

• Fixes compatibility issues with wizzrobe and other floating/flying enemies spawning on solid combos (when they should not), or flying through walls.

• It also adds a warning dialogue when you open the ZConsole via the menus:

See the Changelog below for more information. As before, the Build ID for this release is '31', to distinguish between 2.50.3RC1 (Build ID '30') and earlier ZC releases.

This thread replaces the previous Beta thread for 2.53.0.

We would appreciate bug reports on any of the following:
    • Playing quests made in 1.92, 2.10, 2.50.x and reporting any compatibility bugs.
    • Verification that scripts made in 2.50.0, 2.50.1, 2.50.2, and 2.50.3RC1 still work.
    • Testing that scripts compiled in 2.53.0 work properly in 2.53.0.
    • Tests that scripted quests compiled and saved in 2.53.0 work proper;y on 2.50.2 (and/or 2.50.3RC1).
    • Bug reports on any changes, or new features.
    • Bug reports on joystick configuration.

Please note: The std.zh files in this package may not represent what will be included in the final release. It is likely that the std.zh changes will be pushed forward to 2.54 or later, and not included; but they will be available as a separate download. The latest versions of all common ZScript headers will be included in the final release.

This release is built on the Allegro library, version 4.4.3, with some special fixes applies, and it includes new Allegro library files.

Zelda Classic and ZQuest v.2.53.0 API Specification (PDF, Rev. 1.2)

ZLaunch Repository on GitHub

Zelda Classic Changelog for v.2.53.0 Beta 10
    Spoiler: show

ChangeLog for 2.53.0 Beta 10
    02-OCT-2017

Reverted all of the Game->SetCombo* and Game->GetCombo* functions to their 2.50.2 states.
    The revised (2.50.3) functions broke quests using these functions in a way that cannot be resolved
    within the scope of the 2.50.x branch of Zelda Classic. ( ZoriaRPG, 2nd Oct, 2017 )

Fixed DrawInteger() displaying a value that was off by one when sprinting with no decimal places. ( ZoriaRPG, 2nd October, 2017 )

Fixed the array sizes of Game->LKeys[] and Game->LItems[] (256 to 512), and constrained the values on setting them so that they do not overflow (roll over). ( ZoriaRPG, 2nd October, 2017 )

Added a warning when opening the debug console. ( ZoriaRPG, 1st Oct, 2017 )

Removed an extra constant declaration in std_functions.zh.
    Changed the 'Import Script]' file selection dialogue. It now shows files with types of .zh, .zs, .zlib,
    .zscript, and a few other minor typed used by the userbase, rather than solely showing '.z' files. ( ZoriaRPG, 24th September, 2017 )

Refactored the sanity checks for Game->Get/SetCombo* (except for SetComboSolid). These functions will now report
    any invalid refs passed to them (invalid map, screen, position) to allegro.log and abort, or return -1 to the user.
    The prior code either allowed passing an invalid ref, or never informed the user that it was invalid. ( ZoriaRPG, 23rd September, 2017 )

Modified GetHighestLevelitem() in std.zh, to use a setting in std.cgf: This setting determines the highest item ID
    that GetHighestlevelitem() will check, rather than one version stopping at 143, and another at 255. ( ZoriaRPG, 22nd September, 2017 )

Added a somewhat hackish fix for dungeon maps displaying when Link does not have them, during scrolling warps. ( ZoriaRPG, 22nd September, 2017 )

Fixed issue with NPCs behaving as if they were drunk. ( Gleeok, 21st September, 2017 )

Fixed issues with flying/floating/teleporting NPCS. ( Gleeok, 20th September, 2017 )

Slightly adjusted left and right doors in 8-way movement. ( ZoriaRPG, 20th September, 2017 )

Removed std_constants_shortcuts.zh from std.zh.
    Removed extra (unintended) array 'GlobalBuggr[214747] from std.zh.
    Fixed some issues with NPCA_* constants.
    Added NPC Attribute constants for all npc types, and every field with a lister.
    Fixed values for Direction to Degree and Radian conversions in std_functions and std_constants. ( ZoriaRPG )

Fixed a bug where Link's weapons hurting him, in water, would cause buggy (uncontrolled) movement or land-swimming. ( DarkDragon )

Fixed NES Dungeon Doors with diagonal movement. ( ZoriaRPG )

Fixed a crash when using arrow and bow subscreen objects. ( Saffith )

Updated qst.dat. Now, new quests will autosave, if you have timed save, or quest backup enabled. The error 'This quest
    was created in an older version of ZQuest' will no longer appear on new quests. ZoriaRPG, 1st September, 2017 )

Applied a fix for numerous packfil_password() related problems.
    Fixed PNG saving in ZQuest. ( ZoriaRPG, 1st September, 2017 )

Re-added New favourite commands, for Quest Reports (Combo Locations, Combo Type Locations, Enemy Locations, Integrity Check
    Item Locations, Script Locations, and What Links Here) to the Favourite Commands list. (This was in 2.future, but never
    ported to orthodox ZQuest.) ( ZoriaRPG, 1st September, 2017 )

Fixed file selection dialogues in Zelda Classic. After selecting a quest in the Load Quest dialogue, the default button
    is now 'OK', rather than browse, so hitting the enter key after selecting a file does not put you into a file select loop.
    This was likewise something that I did before, but it was somehow lost in various commits. ( ZoriaRPG, 1st September, 2017 )

Unfixed buggy wizzrobe compat issue. Proper fix is still pending... ( Gleeok, 28th August, 2017 )

//Beta 7

Initial update of ZLaunch, to add a ROMView launch button.
    Fixed a bug where the Tile Editor refused to load image files on the first attempt. ( ZoriaRPG, 27th August 2017 )

Fixed a crash when loading corrupt 2.50.2 (and earlier) quest data; and recompiling scripts. ( DarkDragon, 25th August, 2017 )

Fixed crash when viewing Compatibility Quest Rules. ( ZoriaRPG, 20th August, 2017 )

Fixed a bug where the lens of truth stole the script of the last item used, and ran it every frame. ( ZoriaRPG, 20th August, 2017 )

New Allegro libraries using Allegro 4.4.3, with some patches.
    Fixed issues with the infinite wallet.
    Fixed Link's attack not being cancelled when he is frozen.
    Fixed the race condition issue with keyboard input in Allegro 4.4.3. ( DarkDragon, 13th August, 2017 )

Fixed an issue with scrolling between land and water. ( DarkDragon, 11th August, 2017 )

Fixed an issue where the subscreen did not always update, by checking item validity when changing dmaps. ( DarkDragon, 10th August, 2017 )

Reverted the quest rule for COMBOSDM. We'll come back to this, later. ( DarkDragon )
    Added compatibility rule for old quests that rely on screen item pick-up disabling hunger, for old quests. ( DarkDragon, 21st July, 2017 )

//Beta 6
    Added a few functions to std.zh. ( ZoriaRPG, July 2017 )

Fixed a bug in ZQuest that was corrupting ag.cfg. ( DarkDragon; and ZoriaRPG, July, 2017 )

Fixed a bug where MIDI files could not be loaded in ZQuest. ( DarkDragon, July 2017 )

Updated std.zh to 2.50.3 version, plus some rearranging in a std_zh path.
    Updated all included headers to their current versions.
    Pruned some files.
    Unlocked 1st.qst and 2nd.qst. ( ZoriaRPG, 11th July, 2017 )

Fixed incorrect types for CollDetection and some other boolean return variables in ZScript.
    This includes Link->CollDetection, Link->Invisible, npc->CollDetection, lweapon->CollDetection and
    eweapon->CollisionDetection ( ZoriaRPG, 2nd July, 2017 )

Seem to have fixed reported bug of ZC crashing if the user shifts focus when assigning joypad buttons.
    In any case, I can not replicate it in this build, and I did change a read_button function that was a bit bonkers. ( ZoriaRPG, 2nd July, 2017 )

ZC and ZQuest now use Allegro 4.4. (DarkDragon, 2nd July, 2017)

Fixed 3rd quest with zero deaths not going to 5th quest. ( ZoriaRPG, 20th June, 2017 )

Reverted COMBOSDM change made by Saffith, as it caused different bugs with older players.
    This is properly fixed in 2.51+. ( ZoriaRPG, 20th June 2017 )

Fixed long-standing bug where setting Link->Item every frame causes lag. ( ZoriaRPG, May 2017 )

Fixed lweapon->Behind not working. ( ZoriaRPG, May 2017 )

Fixed ffc->Link being unable to be cleared, or otherwise set to 0 ( ZoriaRPG, May 2017 )

Fixed scale args for DrawChar() and DrawInteger(): Both of these now scale per zscript.txt documentation. ( ZoriaRPG, Jan 2017 )

Zelda Classic Menus: Added Etc->Show Debug Console. This opens the Allegro debug console or closes it if it is open. ( ZoriaRPG, Jan 2017 )

ZScript Variables in scope are destroyed when their scope exits. ( DarkDragon, Jan 2017 )

Fixed long-standing keyboard issues with alt+tab, and hopefully) issues with the keyboard losing focus. (DD/Z, Dec 2016-Jan 2017)

Added a checkbox to disable analog stick movement.
    Changed joystick config dialogues to match keyboard config dialogues.
    Added more joystick options to ag.cfg.
    Small fixes to joystick input.
    Fixed minor issues in key config dialogues. ( Saffith, 18-Dec-2016 )

Additional fixes with Link exiting water. ( Saffith, 15-Dec-2016 )

Fixed an invalid read in draw_wavy(). ( Saffith, 14-Dec-2016 )

Fixed Link's position being offset improperly on continue when quakeclk > 0.
    Ensure overscan rectangle is black while the screen is shaking.
    Fixed an issue with Link exiting water.
    Fixed Stone of Agony sensitivity. ( Saffith, 11-Dec-2016 )

Fixed an issue where bitmaps may be drawn improperly based on ZQuest version.

Fixed incorrect screen calculation and possible crash in warp with combos that carry over. ( Saffith, 6-Dec-2016 )

Global script OnExit now works. In prior versions, this script did not run.

Fixed a crash when loading a sfx file with more than 35 chars or without any extension. ( Gleeok, 2015-12-30 01:05:05 )

Fixed negative constants being read incorrectly.
    Fixed incorrect screen calculation and possible crash in Game->SetComboSolid(). ( Saffith, 2015-12-19 19:41:38 )

Fixed a crash when importing combos. ( Saffith, 2015-11-27 09:30:31 )

Replaced the built-in MIDIs with versions edited by zaphod77 to sound more like the NES game. ( Saffith, 2015-10-14 10:41:20 )

ZLaunch Changes v2.6.1

ROMview Changelog Version 2.6.1

Added Win32 platform guards to ZCL video driver selection, and bumped version to 2.6.1. ( ZoriaRPG, 29th August, 2017 )

Added the ability to set the allegro video mode on Windows (fullscreen, and windowed drivers).

Added 'Drivers' tab. ( ZoriaRPG, 28th August, 2017 )
    Added ROMView launching button to main panel. ( ZoriaRPG, 27th August, 2017 )

Thank you for testing, and for your feedback!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    OK, here is the list of some of the older quests that work and don't work in 2.53:

3rdEX - fails. Need an earlier version
    New 1.02 - fails. Need an earlier version
    New 1.84 - 1.02 version loads after a conversion. Same bug as 2003 though, the item doesn't show up in MD 1 making the game unplayable.
    Demo 1.84 - loads, item doesn't show up in Level-A, making the White Sword unobtainable.
    Unofficial 3rd Quest - Works, no issues. Let's Play: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bGdjckeVQxsJRz
    Revenge - Works, no issues. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4BT-zsM0HWI3vT
    Revenge 2: Works, has issues. Already reported. No Let's Play
    New Quest 2003 - loads, but fails in Mini-Dungeon 1 as an item does not properly show up, too much 1.02 structure still left as far as I know.
    James Quest (original)- Works, no issues. Let's Play: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mbm8F17wf6Brmw

1.84 support seems to be pretty broken. I think anything made in 1.84 definitely needs to be retooled or exported out and rebuilt in 2.53 as of this point. 3rdEX doesn't even read one bit in any version since it's from one of the beta versions of ZQuest! I think New Quest got converted somewhere between 1.02 and 1.84, which is why I was able to read-only it in 1.84 and convert it.

If there's anything more you want to have me look at from 1.92 and below let me know.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-29-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    I (still) have a lot of issues with the additions to std.zh...
    • std_*_2.54.zh shouldn't be included
    • std_constants_shortcuts.zh shouldn't exist if it's going to be empty
    • std_vars.zh has int GlobalBugger[214747]
    • Out of date comments ("//!...and will be fixed in 2.50.3.")
    • Incorrect comments ("//dir+DIR_IGNORESHIELD: Prevents blocking by enemy shields.")
    • NPCA*_ constants appear to be appropriate only for walking enemies
    • Constants meant for features that don't exist here (WARPFX_*)
    • Constants with no clear purpose (ERR_RETURN)
    • Constants that are simply wrong (DEG_DIR_* and RAD_DIR* are flipped vertically)
    • Similarly, all of the new direction to angle functions are wrong
    • Typos (SFW_SENDDIRECT should be SFW_SENSDIRECT)
    • Aside from dubious usefulness, the CHAR_ constants in particular have several issues:
      • ASCII values 1-31 are never meaningful in ZC, so why include them?
      • The characters represented by values 127 and up vary depending on the font, so the constants are misleading
      • Incorrect, or at least non-standard, terms
      • Lots of typos and spelling errors

I can get a more thorough list together, but I don't know what exactly the plan is here.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.16%
    @ZoriaRPG since you are currently most involved with the ZScript changes in 2.50.x, could you please address Saffith's reported issues?

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    @ZoriaRPG since you are currently most involved with the ZScript changes in 2.50.x, could you please address Saffith's reported issues?
    I just saw this message from him:

I am again unable to access AGN
    Same issue as before:
    Your connection to this server has been blocked in this server's firewall.
    IIRC wasn't this a temporary issue that fixed itself last time? I'm not sure, but here it is.

[edit] Just sticking this here since I'm not sure if it got fixed yet or not (I'm using a 2.50.2-ish ZQ build for this quest right now).

Side Warp-> set up to 'A'; then goto Screen data-> timed warp ticks = 90; then check the random warp box and ZQuest crashes.
    Last edited by Gleeok; 09-08-2017 at 06:03 AM.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    I am temporarily hopping through a different VPN, but aye, that problem is back (AGN firewall). I will check in periodically for a response, but until the firewall issue is fixed, I will only likely to check in once daily, as I had to interrupt my entire network simply to log in. "War Lord and "Chris Miller , help. As I understand, this is caused by the host scanning post content, and reading code tagged text (or inline code), as a potential hijacking attempt; then RSS blacklisting the IP of the user.

Not a grand idea for a system that uses a substantial quantity of inline code in posts, so the host needs to address this properly

Here is the reply that I tried to post, immediately before the host blacklisted me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    I (still) have a lot of issues with the additions to std.zh...
    [list][*]std_*_2.54.zh shouldn't be included[*]std_constants_shortcuts.zh shouldn't exist if it's going to be empty
    Removed, and removed. The 2.54 file was in there in error, and std_constants_shortcuts is dead anyway.

• std_vars.zh has int GlobalBugger[214747]
    Is your objection the identifier, or that there is a standard array, or the array size?

• Out of date comments ("//!...and will be fixed in 2.50.3.")
    I'll do a comment cleanup towards the end of things. I have not edited the file to look for these, since before the initial 2.53.0 betas.

• Incorrect comments ("//dir+DIR_IGNORESHIELD: Prevents blocking by enemy shields.")
    Removed the constant.

• NPCA*_ constants appear to be appropriate only for walking enemies
    I added the full set, and reworded the identifiers. I'll need to make a decision or two on organising them.

• Constants meant for features that don't exist here (WARPFX_*)
    Trimmed

• Constants with no clear purpose (ERR_RETURN)
    Code:
     if (!( function() == ERR_RETURN ) )
    ...for -1 returns.

• Constants that are simply wrong (DEG_DIR_* and RAD_DIR* are flipped vertically)
    • Similarly, all of the new direction to angle functions are wrong
    Do you know the correct values, or which way I flipped them, off hand? Do I have them inverted, rotated? I do not recall immediately, so I'll check.

Fixed. Thank you both. @Saffith and @Gleeok .

[*]Typos (SFW_SENDDIRECT should be SFW_SENSDIRECT)
    Fixed that one. This is why it is helpful to have additional eyes reading it.

[list][*]Aside from dubious usefulness, the CHAR_ constants in particular have several issues:
    • ASCII values 1-31 are never meaningful in ZC, so why include them?
    • The characters represented by values 127 and up vary depending on the font, so the constants are misleading
    • Incorrect, or at least non-standard, terms
    • Lots of typos and spelling errors
    The lower characters are meaningful in some scripted string applications. I have used things such as CHAR_BELL (when parsing a string, finding this char plays a sound effect), and CHAR_EOT. Likewise, I use CHAR_TAB frequently, as you cannot type ' tab ' as a singlechar reliably (e.g., forums eat it), and CHAR_QUOTE is flat-out impossile, as the parser does not comprehend ''' as SINGLECHAR. The old ASCII chars for transmission are occasionally useful in more complex string systems, where you are creating intra-script communication using strings. As am example, I can set up a system that an object is ready to receive data using the transmission codes. I can also wrap control text using them, and actual text meant for display, with STX and ETX.

Granted, this is of limited usefulness, to the average user, but the constants take up no space, and skipping them does not seem to have a benefit.

I have found that extended ASCII chars can be used, for allegro.log printing, and I believe that if a font is set up to support the extended chars, that they might display. None of our fonts use them, at present, but as I add support for extended chars, they will all use the same values (standard high ANSI).

You can do traces with the extended chars. They are also usable in tile fonts, using Tango. I'm also planning to add fonts, including the base allegro font, and fonts with upper-ASCII support, so that non-English users can utilise these. I do not know if I will address the old fonts in this manner, but I may revisit them later.

Please specify on 'incorrect or nonstandard terms', and are the typos in the comments, or in the constants?

The changes will be in Beta 9.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.16%
    Did you send the error you're getting to War Lord? He keeps telling the host to turn off their filter but for some reason it never seems to fully take.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    Is your objection the identifier, or that there is a standard array, or the array size?
    Why does it even exist? It adds 800KB of save data to any quest that includes it, it's not used or mentioned anywhere, and the name suggests it's garbage you forgot to delete.

...for -1 returns.
    Eh, I guess. But that only happens if the inputs were invalid in the first place. I don't really like the idea of legitimizing script errors.

and CHAR_QUOTE is flat-out impossile, as the parser does not comprehend ''' as SINGLECHAR.
    Huh, indeed it is. It should be possible to escape it ( '\'' ), but that doesn't seem to work.

Please specify on 'incorrect or nonstandard terms', and are the typos in the comments, or in the constants?
    Mostly in the constants. Both, in some cases. I think this is everything:
    130-187: There's an extra blank inserted. CHAR_QUOTE_LOW should be 130, and CHAR_0_SUPER should be 186. Everything in between is likewise off by one.
    62: Generally said to be "greater than" rather than "more than," particularly in HTML, where it's encoded as >
    160, 169, 196, 203, 207, 214, 228, 235, 239, 246, 252, 255: The mark is generally said to be a diaeresis rather than an umlaut. Doesn't matter much; they do look identical. But if they're going to stay as they are, "umlaut" is misspelled.
    140, 156, 172: Angle quotes or guillemets, not mathematical symbols. » should be 187, but it's missing.
    134: Ellipsis
    135, 136: Dagger (the cross is U+271D)
    141, 157, 198, 230: Ligature, not diphthong; also, 157 has OW instead of OE
    174: Soft hyphen
    181: Acute
    209, 241: Enye
    184, 247: Should have "MATH" variants to fit with predominantly American style

I have found that extended ASCII chars can be used, for allegro.log printing
    Mostly, probably, but they're based on Windows-1252 encoding. 7F-A0 are different in Unicode and ISO-8859-1, so those are less likely to work correctly, especially on Mac or Linux.

Other things...

std.cfg:
    typo: STD_EMULATE_EMGINE_COLLISION (it's unused, anyway)

std_constants.zh:
    Irrelevant constants: NPCSF_*, BITDX_*, WARPFX_*, WARP_*, ITM_REQUIRE_*, maybe CB_*
    Comments around NPCM_SPAWNFLICKER are wrong. 0x10 does indeed represent the flickering spawn animation, and the other NPCM_ constants are correct already.

Probably more. Lots of stuff to go through.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    Why does it even exist? It adds 800KB of save data to any quest that includes it, it's not used or mentioned anywhere, and the name suggests it's garbage you forgot to delete.
    Oh, you know, it was something that I forgot to delete. i thought it was the only array, but it was not, and I removed it in favour of the [4096] sized array, that I also renamed in the process. My fault. I put that in there at some past point when I was deciding on the array size. I'm not overly concerned with 840KB of RAM usage, though, given that the ZC footprint is hundreds of MBs. Despite this, a size of 4096 (16KB) is probably fine.

Eh, I guess. But that only happens if the inputs were invalid in the first place. I don't really like the idea of legitimizing script errors.
    Oh, it's for cases such as when Sqrt() returns an error, or other stuff, such as invalid DMap or Map Ids, so that for loops that do things that are illegal can have a continue instruction to cover these cases. It isn't important, and I may rip it out if there are true concerns over it. It is not used by the header itself, yet, but I have considered having functions break or return on error, and this may become more relevant in the future, so I wanted to ]reserve it for future expansion.

Huh, indeed it is. It should be possible to escape it ( '\'' ), but that doesn't seem to work.
    Precisely, and I do not see a reasonable way to fix this, short of adding a special case for three ' tokens. The TAB issue still stands, and the list provides a quick reference for what chars do each thing. ::

Before I move on, here is the latest sub-beta, so that you can review the changes to std.zh:
    http://timelord.insomnia247.nl/zc/zc...ixwaterjig.zip

This ZIP includes all prior fixes, and all fixes in this post.

Please let me know if you see anything new. I fully revised the NPCA* constants, and one NPC Editor field puzzles me, notably, the Gleeok use of its misc4.

The editor has a default value of 48 in this field, and it is seemingly only used by esGleeok::esGleeok(), but in a way that is never utilised in the function body:

Here, the gleeok case references misc4:

Code:
    case eeGLEEOK:
        {
            id &= 0xFFF;

for(int i=0; i<zc_max(1,zc_min(254,guysbuf[id&0xFFF].misc1)); i++)
            {
                if(!guys.add(new esGleeok((fix)x,(fix)y,id+0x1000,c, e)))
                {
                    al_trace("Gleeok head %d could not be created!\n",i+1);

for(int j=0; j<i+1; j++)
                    {
                        guys.del(guys.Count()-1);
                    }

return false;
                }

c-=guysbuf[id].misc4;
                ret++;
            }
        }
        break;

...but here, the input Clk (note the casing of Clk) is never used:

Code:
    esGleeok::esGleeok(fix X,fix Y,int Id,int Clk, sprite * prnt) : enemy(X,Y,Id,Clk), parent(prnt)
    {
        xoffset=0;
        yoffset=(fix)((dmisc5*4+2));
    //  dummy_bool[0]=false;
        timer=0;
        /*  fixing */
        hp=1000;
        step=1;
        item_set=0;
        //x=120; y=70;
        x = xoffset+parent->x;
        y = yoffset+parent->y;
        hxofs=4;
        hxsz=8;
        yofs=playing_field_offset;
        clk2=clk;                                                 // how long to wait before moving first time
        clk=0;
        mainguy=count_enemy=false;
        dir=rand();
        clk3=((dir&2)>>1)+2;                                      // left or right
        dir&=1;                                                   // up or down
        dmisc5=vbound(dmisc5,1,255);

for(int i=0; i<dmisc5; i++)
        {
            nxoffset[i] = 0;
            nyoffset[i] = 0;
            nx[i] = ((((i*(int)x) + (dmisc5-i)*((int)parent->x))) /dmisc5);
            ny[i] = ((((i*(int)y) + (dmisc5-i)*((int)parent->y))) /dmisc5);
        }

necktile=0;
        //TODO compatibility? -DD
        /*
        for(int i=0; i<4; i++)
        {
          nx[i]=124;
          ny[i]=i*6+48;
        }*/
        bgsfx=-1;
        //no need for deadsfx
    }

Am I missing something, or is this field truly unused, and set to 48 for no good reason? I defined it in std.zh as NPCA_GLEEOK_CLK or something like that, with a line comment or two.

Mostly in the constants. Both, in some cases. I think this is everything:
    130-187: There's an extra blank inserted. CHAR_QUOTE_LOW should be 130, and CHAR_0_SUPER should be 186. Everything in between is likewise off by one.
    Fixed the offsets.

62: Generally said to be "greater than" rather than "more than," particularly in HTML, where it's encoded as >
    Fixed.

160, 169, 196, 203, 207, 214, 228, 235, 239, 246, 252, 255: The mark is generally said to be a diaeresis rather than an umlaut. Doesn't matter much; they do look identical. But if they're going to stay as they are, "umlaut" is misspelled.
    I fixed the missing 'u', however, umlaut and diaeresis have different linguistic applications. In German, these are almost exclusively umlauts, because they modify the sound of the vowel. Would you prefer both instances per character? That's what I did, for now, as it was trivial.

140, 156, 172: Angle quotes or guillemets, not mathematical symbols. » should be 187, but it's missing.
    134: Ellipsis
    135, 136: Dagger (the cross is U+271D)
    141, 157, 198, 230: Ligature, not diphthong; also, 157 has OW instead of OE
    174: Soft hyphen
    181: Acute
    209, 241: Enye
    184, 247: Should have "MATH" variants to fit with predominantly American style
    Fixed.

Mostly, probably, but they're based on Windows-1252 encoding. 7F-A0 are different in Unicode and ISO-8859-1, so those are less likely to work correctly, especially on Mac or Linux.
    That is potentially true. The ANSI values are not platform-static. It would be far simpler if everything used Extended ASCII, which was a single standard. I can amend this with Linux definitions, and add a prefix of WIN_* to the uppr-128. I had a second set at one time, of pure ASCII chars, that I removed. Mapping this a second time won'na be fun, but I will do it if the need exists. I suppose someone should check if text files processed by ZQuest on Linux and OSX produce different values for these, and if they do, then I will of course rectify that.

Other things...

std.cfg:
    typo: STD_EMULATE_EMGINE_COLLISION (it's unused, anyway)
    I'll fix the typo, certainly. I wanted to get this, and a few other things into this version, but I ripped them out temporarily, because of user confusion. I may re0implemnt them, and disable them (new stuff) by default, as that seems a better option. I was not entirely certain that I had the collision emulation down pat, either. I think that I disabled STD_CENTERXY_USES_HITBOXES code, too, in the process; or that I removed the new functions that use it. I am trying not to add too much until std.zh v2.0, for 2.54 and above, and I end up with leftovers hanging about.

std_constants.zh:
    Irrelevant constants: NPCSF_*, BITDX_*, WARPFX_*, WARP_*, ITM_REQUIRE_*, maybe CB_*
    NPCSF_* : How is this irrelevant? Oh, because 2.50.x doesn't have npcdata? I see. Holdover artefact from developing 2.60. I'm not sure if I want to rip that out, as you can still read these in 2.50.x; right?

CB_* is less relevant now than it will be in December. I put that in there because I added arrays for Input, and I want to reserve the constants, but I do need to re-check the values.

The rest, I culled, and I will reinstall them in 2.54.

Comments around NPCM_SPAWNFLICKER are wrong. 0x10 does indeed represent the flickering spawn animation, and the other NPCM_ constants are correct already.
    Ah, I see the confusion here. I should have removed the comments entirely. If you note, I have a line comment 'fixed' after that one, signalling that I fixed the rest, but I never deleted my other comment. I'm clearly senile.

Probably more. Lots of stuff to go through.

Aye. It's not fun, and I appreciate the assistance in cleaning this up. I also corrected the second instance of Acute I, which should have been Acute O.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.16%
    Thanks guys for working together on sorting this stuff out. I haven't been keeping up at all with the changes to these files.

ZoriaRPG, please don't forget to send patches for master as well as 2.50.x (also for the door fix you submitted a few days ago). Otherwise the next version of ZC will have delightful regression bugs...

Thread Information