User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stories of dumb luck

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.82%
    I have to figure the Disney/CIA braining camps aren't easy. Timberlake must be a tough bastard to have come out of it all with the ability to function. I wonder if their parents understood what they were signing.

anyway, sentience is hitting the lottery of life.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    Quote Originally Posted by trudatman View Post
    anyway, sentience is hitting the lottery of life.
    Well, that's a double lottery winning, then, because proteins becoming organisms was pretty "spin the wheel" when you think about it.

I'm not particularly lucky, but then again I'm not very unlucky either. I just sort of float along the currents of causality.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    Dropped my check card while checking out at a grocery store without realizing it. About and hour later I get a call from a friend I haven't seen in 6 years, friends on FB and text every blue moon, he tells me he found my card on the floor by the register. I didn't even know I had lost it. If someone else found it they could have charged up a bunch of shit or it could have ended up stuck in lost and found forever, but it was my friend who luckily went to the same store, through the same check out lane, shortly after I did, and noticed my check card laying on the floor after no one else did.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by trudatman View Post
    ooh, I want to add a story! does it have to be racist?
    Ooh, ooh, I think I know how this is played...

A few years back, K. and I worked nights so days were meant for sleeping. We drug ourselves out of bed one Saturday at the crack of dawn to shop the farmers' market for a couple hours before returning home to sleep. We woke up about six hours later and got ready for work. As we were stepping out our front door, one of our neighbors walked over and let us know our boot had been open for hours but they had kept an eye on the car for us. Oh, and did I mention this was one of our black neighbors in a predominately black neighborhood? At the time we just thought we had good neighbors and bought them some beer to show our appreciation. Apparently we were just lucky and should have bought ourselves lottery tickets instead.

/end true story with a side of snark

This was my first year ever going shopping on Black Friday. CompUSA is at the end of our street so we decided to stroll down first thing in the morning to pick up a new 2TB HD. We have been contemplating a new router recently and thought we would take a quick perusal while there. They just happened to have a DLink that fit the bill for about half the regular price. Now I have a new Seagate external drive attached to my new router so we no longer have to swap the other external between PCs.

-m.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.82%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    ....boot....CompUSA....
    the contradictions hurt my brain. I guess I must conclude you are a resident alien in the States. also, I didn't understand either story.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.78%
    They just happened to have a DLink that fit the bill for about half the regular price. Now I have a new Seagate external drive attached to my new router so we no longer have to swap the other external between PCs.

-m.
    Keep the receipt. I've had terrible "luck" with them.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    Keep the receipt. I've had terrible "luck" with them.
    The router or the drive? I have another Seagate 2TB external that has been working without issue for over a year. *touch wood* I tend to lean towards Seagate and WD drives as they have stood me well over the years. This is our second DLink router; we usually go with Linksys but our last one has been a constant bother. The DLink is working find so far. K. argued against a cloud router but he is already changing his tune so we may replace it in a few months anyway. I am thinking dual band next time.

trudatman, born and raised in the USA... on PBS.

-m.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.93%
    They don't make hard drives as well as they once did. I have about eight drives from the late 80's to mid 90's, with one failure, a 1GB Seagate. I've got maybe ten drives from 2000 and on, with four failures, a 60GB Samsung, a couple of 40GB WD's, and one other I can't remember. One of those failures wiped out much of my work on a big quest in 2003. :-\

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.78%
    The router or the drive? I have another Seagate 2TB external that has been working without issue for over a year. *touch wood* I tend to lean towards Seagate and WD drives as they have stood me well over the years. This is our second DLink router; we usually go with Linksys but our last one has been a constant bother. The DLink is working find so far. K. argued against a cloud router but he is already changing his tune so we may replace it in a few months anyway. I am thinking dual band next time.

trudatman, born and raised in the USA... on PBS.

-m.
    Sorry, I meant the router.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Thread Information