Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%

Did some research

Recently I've been doing some research which provided me with results that certainly effect us, and can explain why the AGN revival is so difficult.

It's unfortunate, and pains me to admit that some theories I've been having are correct.

These are the problems that AGN faces in it's need for a revival I pulled from very real statistics that people are searching for on google. I have images as proof, but not interested in uploading them at this time. So here's the run down:

- AGN and Zeldaclassic.com have been struggling, but ever working hard.
    - Even with Zeldaclassic 2.5, little has changed. Nothing dramatic.
    - PureZC is more alive than here, but not attracting many new fans either. They're mostly originals.
    - Despite the new updates, Zeldaclassic's popularity is on a constant decline.
    - But so is it's competition, the demand for Zelda fan games is continually declining.
    - The Legend of Zelda franchise itself is also on a decline.
    - The need for fan games is still very high, just not Zelda.

Bottom line, The legend of Zelda franchise, despite what it used to be is slowly transforming into a cult franchise where only the most dedicated of fans will remain interested. There is no denying it either. When compared to Mario, Zelda is actually much much of a lesser franchise, so what does that make us?

I know I will receive negative feedback for that appraisal of our series, but these are facts based on actual real life trends that Google has been following over the past 10 years.

In order for this quest creator to survive in the long haul, it needs to evolve the Zeldaclassic engine and actually let Zelda stick in the past. It needs to let Zeldaclassic stop here at 2.5 or 3.0.

Than it should by rights evolve, as in be given a new name that is non-Zelda.

Anyways, I'm really tired right now, I can't coherently continue this message right now, so I'll elaborate further tomorrow.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    More games =/= Better franchise. I believe Zelda is better then Mario, by far. I mean, Mario recycles most it's concepts for games like Mario Kart 35 or Mario Party 89 or the New New Super Mario Bros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.59%
    So, you're suggesting that Zelda Classic evolve beyond being a Zelda-clone engine and into a more generic action-RPG engine, then?
    I thought the random question asked who the final boss of Final Fantasy 1 was. No wonder that registration didn't take!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Something like that, sorry for the late response. I'll upload the results of my research tonight. But the need for Zelda has decreased, but the need for fan games have not, and since I know most fan games today won't succeed ZC quality, it would be very useful to advertise the program as such. Design more graphics packs, make a new sound effects list for beginners.

What I'm saying, if this new program were to be built by start using the Zeldaclassic engine, but have a new default graphics pack that includes a wide variety of themes, it would make make this place more popular, because as far as I'm concerned, the Zeldaclassic concept is down, but not out. I just think Zeldaclassic needs to step aside while its engine evolves into the ultimate open world game designer.

If the program evolved as such, than the demand for new features would increase, further alienating it from it's old Zeldaclassic identity. But that's just speculation, I just know the Zeldaclassic an Zquest programs are capable of so much uncredited potential.

Get me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.59%
    Yeah, I like the idea, though I don't think it's necessary to "alienate" Zelda - I see it more as a broadening of horizons. So you can create Zelda games in this engine now, but in the future there would be more built-in graphics and scripts, so you could still create Zelda games, but you could also create new stuff, or mix and match!
    I thought the random question asked who the final boss of Final Fantasy 1 was. No wonder that registration didn't take!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Alienate is the wrong choice of words.

Faith, Trust, and Sexydust. Lynker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.05%
    I have a feeling when the new Wii U Zelda (And maybe 3DS) are announced at E3, people will look up Zelda more, thus finding our sites more.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%

This is the image that's alarming, and the real reason why we need to make Zeldaclassic more known.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynker View Post
    I have a feeling when the new Wii U Zelda (And maybe 3DS) are announced at E3, people will look up Zelda more, thus finding our sites more.
    I don't think its that easy. Yes demand for Zelda related crap will go up but we need to get word out that ZC(and AGN) are stable and improved.

I think interest in fan games is declining. It's not a drastic decline but still. There will always be some demand for fan games and Zelda though. What we need to be worrying about is how to get ZC noticed by the right people. I think the first step is to get great quests out there to show what ZC can do. That will attract the quest builders and developers. ZC has always held a very small portion on the Zelda community. Even if Zeldas popularity plummets there will still be room for us to grow and thrive from where we are.

A good Wind Waker quest with lots of discussion about it could soak up some WW HD hype. Maybe.

Faith, Trust, and Sexydust. Lynker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.05%
    That sounds like a good idea!

Also, how about written stories on big Zelda (And gaming sites) like GoNintendo, ZeldaInformer, Gamenesia (A new site branched off of ZI), Zelda Universe, Hyrule.net, maybe even IGN?
    It would easily and quickly bump up member amounts and such!

Plus, more videos could be made for Youtube, and then shared on Twitter, Facebook etc to show friends and family that it exists.

We have many ways to spread the word!

Thread Information