Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.77%

Wii U

So is anyone getting this on the launch date? I know a few places around here are already sold out of pre-orders. I browsed around a little but I am not sure if I am investing in one or when. I have done a lot of reading up on it and I may end up dropping the money at some point but I think I am going to wait until after the holiday season to see if any other bundle deals end up being available or at least wait until after that holiday rush.

There are a few decent games at launch though I am mainly interested in the new Mario game and whatever they may end up doing with the Zelda series. There doesn't seem to be too much more that really gets my attention other than the new tablet controller. It makes it hard to want to shell out $300-350 for the system.

So who is already planning on getting this on day one or what are your plans? Do you even plan on upgrading at all or are you going to hold out for the next-gen Xbox or PS systems?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    I'll be getting it in two or three years when it's cheaper, hacked and has a Zelda game. Looks pretty cool though.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.12%
    Looks like it's sporting some decent hardware and has HD support this time around, so that's a plus. My only problem with Nintendo now is this: How is it so difficult to get Nintendo to make a normal freaking gamepad?! Seriously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_GamePad
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Looks like it's sporting some decent hardware and has HD support this time around, so that's a plus. My only problem with Nintendo now is this: How is it so difficult to get Nintendo to make a normal freaking gamepad?! Seriously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_GamePad

^^^?

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.12%
    Looks like that's the "optional" controller which you have to shell out another 50 bucks for. Still, at least they've covered it. Also looks like GC support is dropped, though you can buy games on their network. Yay marketing.

Sad that they dropped the "Super" from "Super Wii" as it's called in Japan. Super Wii > Wii U.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Sad that they dropped the "Super" from "Super Wii" as it's called in Japan. Super Wii > Wii U.
    100% agreement. And the controller may be optional but atleast it's not an add on to the remote anymore. Yeah sucks that they dropped GC support but it is to be expected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%
    From what I understand, it's still called Wii U in Japan. They've been using the "Super Wii" nickname to get people to realize it's not just a controller addon. Seriously, though, they really should have thought about that confusion from the start. Incredibly similar names and incredibly similar looking hardware, there was bound to be a bit of confusion.

That said, I'm interested in getting one eventually. I like the gamepad concept, and am gonna check one out at BestBuy this week to play around with it. The launch lineup is pretty solid, though not enough to make me want to buy quite yet. I'll wait for more compelling 1st party software. Assuming the PS4 doesn't have as many exclusives I'm interested in next generation, I'll probably skip it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.43%
    The Image of the controller is certainly fake.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%
    ^Hmm? The main controller is the GamePad, which has a screen. In addition they're releasing the Pro Controller, which is basically a 360 controller for multiplayer games. It's certainly not fake.

I preordered my Wii U day damn one. Allegedly GameStops around the country aren't holding midnight releases (for safety reasons?), so I'll have to wait until Sunday morning to pick mine up. Zombi U, NSMBU, and Blops 2 are guaranteed; not sure what else looks good. Was going to get ACIII, but apparently it's crap.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%
    Wanted to pre-order, but they sold out early and just about everywhere. I'll have to wait for the restock and get it then. ZombieU looks interesting, as does Nintendo Land and a few others though I'm probably not getting many if any of the 3rd party titles as they are mostly available on the 360 or I don't care the at all.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information