0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.1%
    As soon as I finished level 3 and ended up just outside the palace, I backtracked to get some upgrades. As soon as I returned, I was sent right back to the beginning of level 3. I think this happened because I didn't enter/approach the palace after landing on the beach, or something like that. Last time, I entered the palace before going back for upgrades and this didn't happen.

Oh well, I'll just end up with a lot of rupees again, probably.

Even the level 2 defense ring is quite strong. Next time, I'll probably stick with level 1 for a challenge like last time.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    I think you may be right there Colossal, I have two invisible triggers that are placed to ensure that the cutscene does not return, one is at the entrance of the palace, and the other is actually located somewhere within the level. I believe the entire deck of the last ship has hidden step triggers that triggers a sequence that removes the cutscene. I know my methods are a bit obscene.

What's weird is why the one inside level 3 didn't work. The area outside of the ships are overworld dmaps, so that should make secrets permanent. I'm gonna take a look into it right now.

It may seem that I've overpowered the equipment a bit too much, but I must take care that I do the entire system is fair. For example, do you want to spend almost twice the ruppees for a sword that only enhances Link just a smudge over the lower level upgrade? I'm trying to balance a good cost/power ratio. I also want players to spend lots of ruppees in this game, which you may have noticed that enemies are extra generous, but when upgrades are like hundreds of rupees each, they have to be. also noting that every item in the game is upgradable, you'll need alot of rupees.

Level up systems have always been a tricky thing with Zeldaclassic, but I'm fairly confident my approach is the most entertaining system yet. But as you said, higher level equipment is really overpowered. But as the game progresses, enemies will get tougher, ALOT tougher, so it will balance out.

Also, I am doing the rating system again based on equipment levels and time. Your score in SOW2 will be prioritized towards the person who balances out their weapons. For example, if you had a level 9 sword, and you beat the game in 10 hours, a person who has a level 6 sword and beat the game in 70 hours will score above you. Even if all your items but your sword is at level 1 or 2, your score will be based on your strongest item, and your time will be added to your victory of beating the game with a level 9 weapon. So I encourage people who play SOW2 to keep their weapons balanced and as low as possible to achieve a top 5 position in this game. Clearly, to try to achieve the highest possible score, you may want to refrain from leveling all together, but than you're just asking for real punishment, because a level 1 anything towards the end of the game is like trying to fight with plastic knives and spoons. Getting good scores takes alot more this time around than memorizing the terrain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.73%
    I just randomly thought of something... will there be backtracking in this game? For instance, will we ever be able to return to the 'Shattered Temple' after we reach a point in the story, or will it consist of essentially 'Points of No Return'? If so, it'd be fairly wise to point out, even subtly, where those points will be. Rather not wander around in extremely hostile territory while being underequipped; it's why I never played those James quests... I still remember Liberation of Hyrule.... *shudders*

A Paladin's Sword represents the Bane of Evil.

A Paladin's Shield represents the Protection of the People.

A Paladin's Shield is also the ideal meal for a Like-Like.

...with that said, Paladins obviously don't like Like-Likes! :sweatdrop:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    That's a good question.

Souls of Wisdom 2 is being built chapter base, so once you leave North Faron, there won't be returning unless the story calls for it. However, understanding how drastic that would be in an open world video game, I wouldn't let fans leave North Faron and never return. My plan is to build each map, and strictly keep players within that region until the story calls for him to move on to the next region. This will continue until near the end where I'm going to patch it all together as one big overworld which I label "The Open World". The open world will play the same midi that plays at the end of every Palace Victory. Within the Open World you can revisit many locations and tie up loose ends.

Some may say a linear approach will devastate the adventure aspect of the quest, but it's progression path is built similar, if not identical to Zelda 2. Fans of Zelda 2 will have an edge above those who's never played the game because chances are they'll remain confident on where to go next.

I'm also planning on straying from Nintendo's approach to overworld design. Some people may like gimmicky overworlds where your items are required to get around, but I prefer an open world built to look like an actual world people would build their civilization on.

With so much thought going into overworld, I would never take it away from players the ability to revisit areas. All with the exception of Twilight Winter. I am thinking about leaving that a pass through area in which that once you leave, you cannot return, so the only way to relive Twilight Winter is to start a new quest.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.59%
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJourneysFire View Post
    The place is haunted by video game ghosts.

Actually this makes sense. It's a problem I thought I fixed. You are indeed stuck by a game bug. Want me to send you a file with a temporary fix?
    Yes please! :3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    I'm gonna try and pm you a temp file with the door opened as of tonight or tomorrow.

Also, I am going to try and take a slightly different approach when hyping this quest. I feel I've stuck strong with my commitment of making the quest AGN official with regards to information and updates. But I feel it would be more appropriate for me to now hit the breaks a bit. If there is anything I know about theory of care for a product, over marketing and overhyping can and will make a product stale, no matter how good the product is.

I am very confident in this quest, and I feel I should (as I did with SOW1), work my magic wonder independently and secretive. I will of course continue to submit images to screenshots of the weak, again exclusively at AGN, and will occasionally reveal little tidbits.

From this day on, the most people who will know what's going on with this quest will be my bug testers, and people who can contribute to the future of this quest. Colossal is a huge supporter and will certain be the first to recieve updates.

Betas will be released in proper segments, but even how I release my betas will be taken with care and consideration.

Thanks for the continued support. I may also revive my site too once I reviews it's current state of condition. Stay tuned.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    My website is back up:
    http://www.soulsofwisdom.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.73%
    Should definitely get someone to make a banner for the game; I'd put it on both profiles: here and on PureZC

A Paladin's Sword represents the Bane of Evil.

A Paladin's Shield represents the Protection of the People.

A Paladin's Shield is also the ideal meal for a Like-Like.

...with that said, Paladins obviously don't like Like-Likes! :sweatdrop:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    Haven't replied on here for quite a long time, sorry about the lack of updates. I've returned to PureZC (despite my wishes to use this quest to help the AGN revival), but I am trying to figure out what my actual strategy is.

Right now at the moment I've been going to PureZC to update more than this site and my very own, only because I've been enjoying the new features that PureZC offers. Once the novelty wears off, I am certain I'll be able to balance my time and my quest appropriately.

This Quest has grew more than ever now, and it's only getting bigger and bigger. I wish I could say how much there is to say when it comes to this quest right now, but over time I'll share what I have.

Thread Information