User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are there any musically inclined and/or talented folks present?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.21%
    Yeah, I'm a musician but the only MIDI making software I have is a MIDI Maker trial. It can't make large files and tends to crash... a lot.
    You may want to look over at PureZC and request something in developers exchange.
    Revival of Link - coming... I don't know. 90% finished and lost motivation to build after a sudden increase in interest

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%
    Quote Originally Posted by Valientlink View Post
    Yeah, I'm a musician but the only MIDI making software I have is a MIDI Maker trial. It can't make large files and tends to crash... a lot.
    You may want to look over at PureZC and request something in developers exchange.

PureZC is run by nazi teenagers. I've been banned for a while.

As a suggestion for MIDI software, have you tried Anvil Studio? That's the only one I know of and it has suited my purposes.
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 07-14-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    I think I will check out Anvil Studio. It's been a good few years since I have tried composing midis. My problem is I play mostly rock music so trying to compose video game music makes me feel like my brain is splitting open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.21%
    I've tried anvil before, but it's a bit... well, complex. MIDI maker is extremely simple. My way of keeping the trial forever is having it stored on a VirtualPC savestate, but it's still not as good as it could be.
    Revival of Link - coming... I don't know. 90% finished and lost motivation to build after a sudden increase in interest

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.48%
    Hey, I do music!

I haven't posted here in years. I was just coming around because I've been making random midi tunes to try out a new system of modes I've been tinkering with. My main interests are in avant-garde art music :)

But you haven't posted (or I missed) what tunes you want to be composed from. What did you have in mind? I've been thinking lately about making a matching set of dungeon, mini-boss and boss music. The midis I've been working are a set of harp and ocarina tunes, like how Sheik teaches Link all the different songs in OoT. Each one uses a different mode and has a different quality.

If you let me know what you'd like me to write - in terms of mood, colours, atmosphere, or about using some specific material, like a tune or a dance rhythm, I'll try my hand at it. Whatever I write I like to release publicly, I think music should be free, so while you get to choose what I write I'm not going to give exclusive access :).
    >:
    (0

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.78%
    sorry the only music I'm special in is atonal. Unfortunately for you and me I try tonals, but I say this sucks and just start over

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    I've tried anvil before, but it's a bit... well, complex. MIDI maker is extremely simple. My way of keeping the trial forever is having it stored on a VirtualPC savestate, but it's still not as good as it could be.
    Where can I find this Midi Maker? I tried Anvil but like you said...kinda complex and would like something more user friendly.

Currently LPing: Higurashi - When They Cry (Steam) / Legend of Zelda - Temples of Turmoil Revamped 2017 (ZC)
    Next LPs: A Boy & His Blob (NES) / Legend of Zelda - First Quest Layered (ZC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.21%
    biggest bump ever, but you can download midi maker for free from this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52PC1tODq0 (actually leaked by the author so not illegal)

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%
    biggest bump ever, but you can download midi maker for free from this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52PC1tODq0 (actually leaked by the author so not illegal)
    You're banned.
    ....from having any of my delicious peach cobbler.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    I'm capable of making Chiptune tracks with famitracker, but not based on other songs.

Thread Information