0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.11%
    Loving this so far but right now I'm completely effing annoyed. Forest of Illusion lacks ANY of the hints that the rest of the game has been boasting. I'm literally walking into every wall and being COMPLETELY lost. Note: I got the first key. But I didn't even know this place was here if it wasn't for the forum. East vs West TOTAL FAILURE. Arrows are awesome. >.>

Anyway. Right now I'm stuck at the second locked gate. Cannot get a key. Cannot find anything. Been to all 4 north rooms. Getting really ticked off. Going to bed, and hoping for an answer by the time I wake up. :<

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.03%
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasAmaranth View Post
    Loving this so far but right now I'm completely effing annoyed. Forest of Illusion lacks ANY of the hints that the rest of the game has been boasting. I'm literally walking into every wall and being COMPLETELY lost. Note: I got the first key. But I didn't even know this place was here if it wasn't for the forum. East vs West TOTAL FAILURE. Arrows are awesome. >.>

Anyway. Right now I'm stuck at the second locked gate. Cannot get a key. Cannot find anything. Been to all 4 north rooms. Getting really ticked off. Going to bed, and hoping for an answer by the time I wake up. :<
    You need to dive into the pools of water in every room you go into. One of them has a big key. Just go the wrong way and you'll find it.
    Last edited by Joki81; 04-18-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.81%
    Forest of Illusion is tough to figure out, but it is only a short level. You've almost finished it! Just have to dive in the proper pond then get rid of the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Joki81 View Post
    When's your next quest gonna be out?

I wouldn't mind doing a let's play of this quest again myself, what software is used for capturing videos?
    For when my next quest will be out... you got me there :) But I do intend to keep making quests.

I've never video captured myself, I know there were threads about it on purezc (and possibly here?) but I can't help you about that.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.11%
    I'm not that far. There's two locks left, not just the boss key. And I -have- been diving into every pool (all 3 rooms worth; betrayal room, room with lock, same room without lock) and no key or boss key. I told you guys, I'm missing the -second- key. Do I have a bad version of the game? I got it from GBATemp as soon as it was announced so I have no clue what version I even have.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.81%
    You probably got 1.2 because that's the one they posted on gbatemp. I recommend upgrading to the latest version (link given in the first post of this thread). Though there's no problem with the keys.

The pool you have to dive into is in the northern area. You just have to swim around a bit for the diving to be successful (that's the way it works in Zelda Classic).

The two locks you mention are both boss locks, the one at the entrance just serves as a shortcut in case you die while fighting the boss.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.11%
    Oh. For some reason I didn't notice they were the same. Finally got to open the game and check. Also yeahhhh, I did swim around a LOT before and didn't get the thing. :X So annoying. You should really put the leaves in a pattern to make it a hint or something. 3 and 3 or something suspicious. Great use of non-verbal communication in many of these dungeons. Just, this one was more frustrating, reminiscent of stuff like Hidden Duality and Tortuga where I would beat my head against the dungeon walls for hours just to progress one room and beat my head again because I missed yet another key.

And maybe it's just me being a bad Zelda player but what's with lit. every hack overusing the corner fireball throwers? That's fine with simple enemies but it just gets ridiculous with certain combinations. Dunno. Anyway, I'll replace the file, upgrade it. Thanks for the replies. :)

Edit: The other place I got stuck and had to get help was the maze (and lack of a key) for the Library. That room is too hectic to even notice that one of those books can be read, especially when there's no book prior to that that can be read. Change its color, remove a few from the room, or something, and then that puzzle will be a little more forgiving.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.81%
    That book in the library does have a slightly different colour, though that was added later on, not entirely sure if it was that way in the old version.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.03%
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamian View Post
    That book in the library does have a slightly different colour, though that was added later on, not entirely sure if it was that way in the old version.
    Thats a good point. The library maze path was not given?

I had to guess it when I played the game.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.11%
    On a hunch, after finding the answer out here, and neeeeeeever finding a book that talked about it (remember, there's two doors and 'one key' so a player can feel they messed up) I decided to look really closely at that room. Two books seemed to not shoot, one of them I could talk to, and sure enough, NNWN.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.81%
    Yes, there is one book in the room that doesn't shoot and has a slightly different colour. Reading it gives the (coded) solution.

Thread Information