User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NPCData, ComboData, SpriteData

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Umm It would be nice to see the Diagonal Traps working... That is a simple logic correction.
    Circular Traps take a bit more work since their angle must be normalized.

If we actually managed to add scripted enemies this time around and they work for everybody that would be impressive.
    But we're far too lazy. But the minute someone can prove they dont work after compiling from source...
    You can say bye bye to your scripted enemies.

tk:dr I've given up on that dream. And you should too.

You can drop the standing and walking npcs.
    Those were to be the only customizable npcs. Those existed before we had an enemy editor.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    Umm It would be nice to see the Diagonal Traps working... That is a simple logic correction.
    Circular Traps take a bit more work since their angle must be normalized.

If we actually managed to add scripted enemies this time around and they work for everybody that would be impressive.
    But we're far too lazy. But the minute someone can prove they dont work after compiling from source...
    You can say bye bye to your scripted enemies.

tk:dr I've given up on that dream. And you should too.

You can drop the standing and walking npcs.
    Those were to be the only customizable npcs. Those existed before we had an enemy editor.
    You should probably hold off on those comments, given that you are out of touch with the plan. @DarkDragon is at this moment, working on a refactor of ZScript, that will introduce a number of elements. The reality is that he is on board for npc and weapon scripts, in this process, so while it is not guaranteed, it is probable that they will make it into at least 2.60. Essentially, we are all on the same general page for how we want to proceed, and everyone is working on facets with which they are comfortable, and competent.

I had nothing to do with the previous attempt at scripted npcs, and I don;t know what you did, or what @Saffith did, save that it ultimately didn't happen. I'm sorry if you wasted time on that, but I also wasted a hell of a lot of time on stuff that I had to do over, or rip out and rework. Months of time, in some cases. It happens, and it also forced me into hiatus for a few months. At present, some of what I am doing is on hold, while @DarkDragon and @Gleeok finish some refactoring of sprites, and drawing.

Thus, I am working on what I can, and I'm focusing on getting 2.53 out the door. I ran into two very fun issues with it now, concerning MIDIs, and concerning InitD values not forwareding property as variables.

That one is weird, and is essentially this:
    Spoiler: show

Code:
    ffc script foo{
        void run(int var_a, int var_ b, int var_c){
            int d = var_a; 
            int e = var_b;
            int f = var_c;

int d1 = this->initD[0];
            int e1 = this->initD[1];
            int f1 = this->initD[2];
        }
    }
    Variables d, e, and f will all be '0, whilst d1, d2, and d3 will all have the proper InitD values. This is from a parser change that either DD or @Grayswandir made, and I will need to see if one of them has the time to go in and look at it. If not, then I will revert the parser to the one from 2.50.3. I suspect it is related to the change that destroys variables when their scope exits, and I need to verify that it is not in master as well.

----------

I will look into diagonal traps; although on the subject of diagonal stuff, I need to finish the code for the diagonal hookshot: It needs sprites for the head and handle at angles, and the latching code needs to be refined.

Circular traps seem like they would be much, much, harder.

Anyway, you should take a visit to the land of the revised parser at some point, when we finish more of this nonsense. A lot of stuff that was deemed 'too difficult', or 'impossible' is in there now. I was holding off on adding a 'this' pointer for npcdata until we know if npc scripts are happening, as I used more simplified logic for NPCData, that did not require generating a pointer, in its present form.

I'm not sure if we will also have combo scripts, and similar, but in theory, we could have all of that in the end. It would certainly be an interesting turn of events.

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    @Dimentio is the one who wanted to add wholly new npcs to the hardcoded base.
    Huh? From what I remember, you were the one who wanted to add Z3 bosses to the default package, and I agreed there, and then suddenly you went and were all "No, Z3 bosses are infringing". I'm all for the Scripted enemy type, as the less hardcoded stuff, the better.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    The entire project infringes, does Nintendo seem to care after 17 years? No.

Thread Information