9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    [Act Medias Res]
    Argument about the Colony
    I would argue that even if it is a figment, perhaps understanding it might help with our escape. Besides, the resemblance between Toma and the statue is uncanny. We cannot rule out that as a mere phantom or even coincidence.
    [/Act Medias Res]

I take a quick look into the tavern before anyone else steps through. I wish to make sure its safe before we let the merchants enter at the very least. Once I confirm there is no immediate threat, I enter the tavern and let the others know its safe. I keep my greatsword in front of me, ready to use it to block any incoming attacks.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.34%
    I try to look for a way to sneak around the three who are arguing; I have no interest in their affairs right now, and they might not take so kindly to the presence of Atticas, should they discover him. I also take time to inquire of Atticas if he can scout for other ways out of the maze.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.34%
    (My post got deleted or isn't showing. Reposting)

I try to look for a way to sneak around the three who are arguing; I have no interest in their affairs right now, and they might not take so kindly to the presence of Atticas, should they discover him. I also take time to inquire of Atticas if he can scout for other ways out of the maze.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    (Yeah, we were having some database issues but it seems to be all repaired now. Thank you for your patience and understanding)

==================================================
    Telivar Chronicle Concluding

The scrambled mansion, as well as the Telivar chronicle in general, will be closing within the next three updates (including this one depending on your actions). At that time, any open magenta-colored ACT MEDIAS RES gaps will also close, as their ability to impact the conclusion of this chronicle would necessitate a need for retcon.
    I am eager to move into the next chronicle which will be more grounded and less cataclysmic in scope. It will also allow the ready introduction of new characters (for anyone waiting to join in or any current player looking to increase their character load), so I'm really excited about moving into the next stretch of the story (I'm also sick of tracking doors... there are 42 doors in the mansion proper as well as who knows how many on the grounds... not to mention the fact I have to remember which doors are already in use. It's maddening).

I planned three endings for the Telivar scenario. At least one player is working towards each ending. But interestingly enough one of the players has inspired the possibility of a fourth ending which I had not considered. So I've concocted a fifth. Therefore the first player to deal with Telivar will have their ending triggered, effectively closing the chronicle.
    ==================================================

=====

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you open a door hoping it will lead to the hill outside the mansion, and in a small way it does. You see the gate to the mansion grounds, and turning back to look at the door it is indeed the front entrance. However, between you and the gate is nothing but a narrow strip of land, with a terrible abyss looming beneath. It looks wide enough to cross comfortably single file, but that doesn't help much. There doesn't appear to be anything beyond the gate, just a cliff to the darkness below. Perhaps Toma is right, it seems that the scrambled space only extends as far as the mansion grounds.
    What do you do?

=====

@mrz84
    Zataka, as you enter the small inn bedroom... the kind you might see in a tavern, you take a close look at the whirling mass of pages. It almost looks like a cocoon, or perhaps some kind of egg. You take a quick slash at it with your great sword and scatter some of the pages, managing to catch a glimpse at what is inside. It's the lord of the mansion, TELIVAR. He still seems to be wrought with panic, and when you try to call out to him he does not respond. There must be some way to CALM HIM DOWN. You think about the argument you just had with the others about the COLONY IN THE COAL MINE.
    ~~~~~
    Malichor points to the statue and asks 'What about him'? Toma shakes his head.
    "All of this is just some figment... an echo from the ghost world. That's not a real wizard. It's just some terror given form by the properties of this place"
    The merchant leader pipes up this time.
    "Sir, I most certainly am NOT a figment, and I resent the implication. I am the great merchant chief Beymond Franks, renowned across the continent! And you and your supposed master are a couple of hapless wizards!"

You chime in: "You have to admit the resemblance is uncanny. Even if it is a figment, perhaps understanding it might help with our escape. We cannot rule out that as a mere phantom or even coincidence."
    Toma seems resistant to budging on his opinion. You can't stand when people are stubborn like this. You take a closer look at the statue.
    The level of detail is exacting; you've seen this kind of petrification before in your home dimension. There's no sign of chisel marks on the body, so he's clearly alive (or at least he was). You don't recall if there is any way to reverse the process on a fully fossilized specimen. After all... it's just rock at this point. Maybe if you could find some incredibly positively charged medicine, like say a Phoenix feather. But where would you even look for such a thing?

Malichor scolds him, explaining that he was able to touch one of the miners and that phantom images don't have mass.
    "But we're standing in a ghost world. Who says the rules aren't different here?" Toma retorts.
    Malichor shake your head, citing a lack of necessity for the logic. He explains it is better to start with the assumption that the rules are the same and then test for discrepancies.

Toma shouts
    "ENOUGH! We're not getting anywhere by arguing and each minute we spend here is causing more of the dragon corruption to leech into our bodies. Let's find a door and go to the master; then when this is all resolved you can do whatever you like. Leave, preferably."
    ~~~~~
    If only there were a way to revive the petrified version of Toma. Perhaps he could dispel the phantom realm you now occupy.
    What do you do?

=====

@bigjoe
    Jerias, you lean in to try to understand the bizarre coal mine positioned at the middle of a hedge maze. It is then you notice that a lattice archway is framing the scene. You realize this is just another door portal like the ones you've encountered before, so you quietly grab the hedge on its sides and pull it shut, effectively closing the portal. Turning to Atticas, you ask him to fly up and scout the maze. He soars skyward and looks around but seems puzzled.
    "It's just floating in the middle of nowhere. What's with this place? Even back home we don't have messes like this."
    He returns to your back.
    "I don't know, even if we made it to the edge of the maze, it's just an abyss. And I'm not strong enough to carry you while I fly. Maybe we could open another door, like the one you just closed. That wizard's got to be around here somewhere."
    You navigate the maze until you find another closed patch of lattice. Thinking of the wizard, you try to open it. It won't budge.
    "Huh, that's odd. Shouldn't it go where we want? I thought that's how this works?"
    You pause for a minute, then you come to an epiphany. All the doors to the wizard must already be open. You tell Atticas.
    "Great, so we have to find a door that's already been opened? Where do we start?"
    You could keep checking doors in the hedge, confident that they won't move if you're thinking of Telivar. Or you could try going back to the places you've already searched; perhaps he's connected to one of those rooms. The BURNING LIBRARY comes to mind as a good candidate.
    What do you do?

=====

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you're standing in front of the STATUE OF FUTURE TOMA with PRESENT TOMA refuting its authenticity. You wonder if the placebo effect of a paper charm would work on something that's already gone.
    What do you do?

=====

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, you're still in the aviary. You ponder your brush with the PHOENIX. What happened? It's almost hard to remember. A slew of doors are available to you. You could try to find those other people who were wandering around the mansion, or try to find the wizard to end this madness.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.26%
    Returning to the hedge maze, I report my findings to my companions. Getting out of here that way is not an option. Much as it irks me, I suggest we find Telivar to find out how to stop this chaos. If he can help us, I'll repay him by letting him live. I come to a realization and tell my companions: "It's unlikely that the coal mine is part of the mansion. Perhaps we can escape that way? There must be a passage to the surface through there."
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    I inform my comrades of my findings and of the current state of the tavern, which seems to be safe at the moment. I ask Toma if he has any suggestions. I keep in mind about the statue and any possible means of acquiring a phoenix feather (I bring this up at the next chance I can to the others, and ask Toma if he knows if there are any feathers in the mansion, perhaps used as writing quills, etc)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.34%
    I begin to think.. maybe not all doors take the shape of an entrance. Maybe the door that leads to Telivar is of a different nature. I scour my thoughts for any clue that might lead in the direction of Telivar. I think of the dragon that flew overhead, a mere illusion. What is reality but awareness? An idea reaches mine. I instruct Atticas that we should burn the hedge maze. I begin to set fire to some of the hedges, hoping that Atticas will see the deeper picture and follow my lead. If doors that open from touch do not lead to Telivar, then perhaps a doorway of synchronicity will.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%
    [Act Medias Res]
    Argument about the Colony
    I point out that I wrapped one of the miners arms in paper, and I couldn't have had physical contact if he were merely a figment. I also relate the belief that the statue is their savior.
    [/Act Medias Res]
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%
    (If I still have time before the update...)

While waiting for Toma to proceed into the tavern, I study the statue version of the savior. Hearing Zataka's remark about a phoenix feather brings a sudden idea to my mind. I loudly declare that I will bring the Savior back to fix this mess, hoping any coal miners in the area hear me, because I know they believe. I walk up to the statue and put my hands upon it, the spout of some gibberish that sounds like I could be magical. Then I close my eyes and hope I don't look like a fool...
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%
    [Act Medias Res]
    Dance with a Phoenix

A sleeping phoenix. I wonder if I could grab some feathers from it and flee. I concoct a plan. Under my cloak I coax out something... in a few second a small creature comes out. Nearly the size of a domestic cat. It unfurls it's wings which each longer than the full length of it's body, a small dragon. It's entire body is cover in spiny scales much like a hedgehog and it in a calm state they lay flat and touchable (if you don't go the wrong way) until it sees the Phoenix, the scales become a tangle mess of toxic pricks.

"Quite, Texia" I whisper. I motion that I am going to approach the Phoenix from the other side and despite not being able to communicate with me in a conventional way Texia always seems to have a good understanding of my intentions. She waits patiently as I approach the phoenix with a plan to pull some feathers and use her as a distraction to escape. As if senseing what I was planning the phoenix eyes open despite my completely silent approach and looks straight at me. It starts to start communicating with me through extrasensory means.

Warning me of the events unfolding in the mansion and a possible fate of myself and Telivar. For some reason despite barely knowing Telivar and having met many strangers along my travels and not developed such concerns for them I am actually worried about his fate. I wonder if this is a real prediction or if the Phoenix is using my anxieties and concerns to deter me from assaulting it.
    [/Act Medias Res]

Thread Information