Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%

In light of recent events...

Let me preface this by saying I only have a small amount of time before work everyday to edit this post. The list will seem rather short at first...don't worry, I haven't forgotten you, but I still want to get started now. The list is in no particular order, but I will probably alphabetize it when done. That being said...

With the passing of each day, I realize how fragile and mortal I am. I realize how short life is. I am only 26 years old, but I have lost countless people in their prime. It's cliche, but any of us could die any day, and I want to make sure I don't live or die with the regret of not letting you all know how much you mean to me.

@Anthony What can I say? You're one of my favorite AGN drinking buddies. When one or both of us is drunk, good times are sure to be had by all. I am so thankful for your service to your country, and particularly for helping to preserve freedom and safety for me and my family. I regret so bad that the final fantasy iv flashcard thing fell apart when you were on tour. I originally had the financial means, but right after I announced the idea, a lot of things in my life fell apart...especially money. I've never forgiven myself for that. You're one of the main people at AGN I know I could meet afk and it would not be awkward at all. I love you, dude.

@Beldaran I can honestly say I have laughed more at your posts than with several of my friends I see weekly. Your sarcasm is unmatched, and your uncanny ability to bring humor to any situation has always been appreciated by me and I'm sure countless others. You've kept me laughing during some of the darkest hours of my life. I'll never be able to convey how much I appreciate it. You can be a prick sometimes, but I know you're a good guy. Also, you play a mean ass guitar.

@Chris Miller You always stand up for the little guy. Your care for this community can be seen in each and every post. You're strong in your opinions and you stick to your morals without fail--something that is far too under appreciated these days. Though you disagree with other staff often, I'm glad we have you on the team for balance.

@CJC I find it pretty strange we never really talked much until AGN's revival. I remember your username but don't recall much specific interaction with you. I feel very fortunate that you applied for AGN staff which led to us talking so much more. Your talent knows no bounds. Whether it's creating a board game, writing a book, or making a quest, it's quite clear your artistic talent far outweighs most other members here. I am still going to make it a point to read your books when things slow down in my life. If for some unforeseen reason I never get the chance, I want you to know my ghost ass will haunt your house long enough to do so. Leave a few copies around for me to delve into and leave a light on. I'll turn it off so you know I'm a man of my word.

@erm2003 We haven't had as much personal interaction as some of the others on this list, but I've enjoyed your insight on everything in this crazy world. You're always good for a recommendation or two. You're one of the people on this list I'd like to get to know better. PM me sometime or drop in chat just to...chat. Haha.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.61%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    @Beldaran You can be a prick sometimes
    True. I am sorry. :)

I really appreciate the kind words, and you have inspired me to try really hard and remember who you are.

Kidding.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    @CJC I find it pretty strange we never really talked much until AGN's revival. I remember your username but don't recall much specific interaction with you.
    To be honest I was always intimidated by AGN as a kid. By the time I joined the site was overflowing with members. I was hesitant to post because I felt it was better to keep my mouth shut rather than open it and make an ass of myself. As a result, I watched much of the conversations between the Titans of the community without actually interacting at all.

You probably remember my username from the various splinter forums that broke away from AGN over the years, because I was far more active in those environments (The most memorable being Complete Zelda Classic, whose two-hundred-some members were far less intimidating than the thousands that posted on AGN every day).

Still, it is a pity that I lurked instead of jumping in, because you guys are an awesome community and I never got a chance to interact with most of you. I'm glad to be here now, though, and I'll keep from hiding in the shadows this time.

I appreciate the sentiment, and I want you to know that it is reciprocated. We are a community, and the connections we make here have meaning. It is implied by our interactions each day.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%
    Don't know if you remember, but I was an admin of CZC since the beginning. :)

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.64%
    I'm glad you feel that way about me. ^_^ I've always considered you the fairest member of the staff, even if we don't always agree.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.75%
    @erm2003 We haven't had as much personal interaction as some of the others on this list, but I've enjoyed your insight on everything in this crazy world. You're always good for a recommendation or two. You're one of the people on this list I'd like to get to know better. PM me sometime or drop in chat just to...chat. Haha.
    Thank you for those kind words. I know I am not as well known here because I joined AGN back around 2004-2005, which yes was a long time ago, but I was in my last year of grad school and I started working on my career right after which kept me quite busy. Still I love to come back to this place and read up on how people are doing. It's really like an Internet home for me. While I have never met anyone from AGN in person, this really his a family. It's been a rough couple years as we face some losses, but it's good to know that this community can come together and be a tight group through times of sorrow and celebration.

I would welcome the chance to know some of you better - and I will even try to get on chat more often when I am actually home at my computer! Oh and I'm on FB too... I am part of the AGN group.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.59%
    Thanks buddy. Don't sweat the flash card thing. I appreciate the thought more than anything. You're a good guy.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.76%
    I know that none of you know me, but I am compelled to second some of the things that were said here. For one, Beldaran's posts tend to make me laugh so often. I love them. And by the way, Dolphin's Escape is an awesome!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.98%
    WHATEVER MAN. You're just mad we never drank this summer.

...we need to.

I will be back in OKC mid-November. Lots of business stuff but maybe we can meet up! Then I get my own @ sign!

Last edited by Dechipher; 10-04-2013 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Gotta remember to put :P everywhere so people know I'm facetious. (as if they didn't know from that V8 profile picture)

Thread Information